PDA

View Full Version : 194- A thursday around the block.

RICHARD
01-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Since we all didn't make or break our resolutions, I figured that a walk around the neighborhood would be kinda cool...

I have a cooler on wheels so if we allk take a turn pulling it we can have our drinks on the road...

Tie on you sneakers and let's GO!!

Killearn Kitties
01-10-2007, 02:22 PM
A healthy new year??? :eek: OK, I'll pull the cooler first, while I have a bit of energy left.

Hmm, it's quite heavy just now. Anybody want a drink? :D

Karen
01-10-2007, 04:05 PM
It's finally almost feeling like winter here, so I'll bring a couple thermoses - hot chocolate in one and blueberry tea in the other. No styrofoam cups, either, sturdy paper ones, so the warmth of the liquid can warm your hands as well.

davidpizzica
01-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi to the two Karens! KK, I'll pull the cart and you two can dispense all of the delicious drinks! I'll start off with a hot chocolate with LOTS of marshmallows! January has finally returned to Pittsburgh!

RedHedd
01-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Winter is returning to the S.F. Bay Area too. mmmm Hot chocolate with LOTS of marshmallows! YUMM! I'll help push the cart if someone can keep Mario from throwing marshmallows! :D

slick
01-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Brrrrrr!!! No walk for me thank you very much. It's been snowing here all day. This is what I woke up to this morning and it hasn't stopped all day....well it stopped for a bit around noon but started up again. I'm staying in with my jammies on, Max by my side and we two are warming our feet by the fire. Have fun you guys.

I'll have some fresh baileys in the fridge for when you come back. It goes well with blueberry tea. :)

davidpizzica
01-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Winter is returning to the S.F. Bay Area too. mmmm Hot chocolate with LOTS of marshmallows! YUMM! I'll help push the cart if someone can keep Mario from throwing marshmallows! :D
RedHedd, I'll help guide the cart and keep an eye on Mr. Marshmallow over here. Hey, Mario not at me!

gini
01-10-2007, 06:24 PM
I have been looking for all of you - I saw the note on the door and I must have gone in the wrong direction - oh, here you come - and am I seeing clearly?

Is that Pua snagging some of those marshmallows as Mario throws them?
I told you they would get along famously!

Ah, hot chocolate - sure sounds good!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-10-2007, 06:32 PM
No walk for me either. The old knees just can't go far any more. You can all stop by for a game of frisbee with my cat Chester though. (see cat general)

I'd just like some hot tea. Tummy not feelin too good tonight and we are in for a winter storm and cold weather this week end. WHAAAAA! :(

cyber-sibes
01-10-2007, 07:20 PM
*huff puff huff* Glad I finally caught up to you guys. Hey, that hot chocolate sounds like just the thing! It sure got cold out here today. Just a dusting of snow, but we actually had a sunny day, so it melted. Here, I'm donating this old bottle of bubbly I found clearing out my cabinet - I don't drink anymore, so maybe Mario can carry it along till there's room in the cooler.

Here Mario, be careful!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/blinkies/ShowLetter-1.gif

catland
01-10-2007, 09:37 PM
I'd love to take a walk around the block. Just how big is this block anyway? :eek: Can I have some of Slick's baileys in my hot cocoa?

We might, and I stress might, wake up to snow tomorrow, but I'm not so sure. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the walk. :D

DrKym
01-10-2007, 09:48 PM
oh yum baileys and cocoa? I am up for that. Brought Rusty and Sequoia, their back pack are empty so you can stash some cups and marshies in there! Wow did you guys see that house? their lights are still up , pretty huh?

Randi
01-11-2007, 03:42 AM
If you're getting the amount of snow outside the Bar that Slick gets now, how about we all go for a sleigh ride? MOFF, you'd be able to come along. :)

This is what I have in mind.
http://www.dyrenes-beskyttelse.dk/db/images.nsf/imageByKey/hestpkanetur1/$file/kane1_full.jpg

or..... http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=119324
(see 3rd picture in post #2)

Then, when we get back, we can indulge in hot chocolade with Bailey's. I have a big roll of marcipan, I'll bring that and make some of these.

http://www.odensemarcipan.dk/Files/Billeder/Opskrifter/Bagv%E6rk/amaretto.jpg

smokey the elder
01-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Snow?? What's that? :p ;)

RedHedd
01-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Yum! Marzipan! I'll take a hunka that!

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-11-2007, 08:35 AM
*huff puff huff puff* :( Boy you guys sure walk fast. Can we slow the pace down a little? Some of us don't walk that fast even on a good day. Lady stop pulling on the leash will ya? I'm sure everyone will give you a scritch all in good time. Can I have some of that blueberry tea please? You can just pour it into my travel mug. I need something with a cover.

cyber-sibes
01-11-2007, 08:43 AM
If you're getting the amount of snow outside the Bar that Slick gets now, how about we all go for a sleigh ride?Woo hoo! Looks like a good way to enjoy the snow. Mmm, those marzipan cookies look yummy!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Here Mario, be careful!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/blinkies/ShowLetter-1.gif
:D LOL!!! That's just the way I picture Mario in my head !!! :D

Randi, I'd love a sleigh ride but would need steps to get in!!! At 4 ft 9, with arthritis in my knees and back I tend to have problems with high places and steep steps!!! :D (I can't even get into a pick up truck unless someone pushes from behind!!! :eek: How embarrassing!!! :o ;)

Randi
01-11-2007, 12:55 PM
MOFF, Richard is a BIG guy (I've seen him), he can surely lift you up - we want you with us! :D Hmm, 4,9? What is that in centimeters? In any case, you won't weigh much, so no problem. ;)

Oh, the things you can make with Marzipan!! I love it!

So, are the horses ready to pull the sleigh - or should we get some doggies to do it (we'd need many!) Just picture all us going along that path, filled with snow.... wonderful! :)

cyber-sibes
01-11-2007, 01:55 PM
or should we get some doggies to do it (we'd need many!) :)If we want to invite all PT doggies, we would have more sled-pullin' huskies than we know what to do with!
I vote YES! ;)

catland
01-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Well, our snow consists of about 1/2 an inch of the white stuff. I have a railing outside my office so I went out there and made four tiny snowmen.

I'm calling them "the four snowmen of the apocalyse".

:rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :p

wolflady
01-11-2007, 03:22 PM
A walk and some Baileys sounds great! No winter here yet, although it is starting to cool a little. At 50 degrees, it's still not cold enough for scarves and winter coats. *chuckle*

cassiesmom
01-11-2007, 03:51 PM
*gasp* You guys went too fast for me. I guess that's why my New Year's resolution is to get more physical activity. No cocoa for me, though. I'll keep walking through the neighborhood till I can do it without getting winded! Here, hand me a leash and I'll be happy to walk with a dog, since I don't have one.

gini
01-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey, could someone go back and get Catland? She is making some weird snowmen on somebodies porch. Mario - no, she doesn't need any help from you.

Karen
01-11-2007, 03:57 PM
*gasp* You guys went too fast for me. I guess that's why my New Year's resolution is to get more physical activity. No cocoa for me, though. I'll keep walking through the neighborhood till I can do it without getting winded! Here, hand me a leash and I'll be happy to walk with a dog, since I don't have one.

You and Lady's Other Human can keep each other company in the slow lane. You know me, Jen, I only walk slow enough if reminded repeatedly - I'm used to keeping up with Paul! And MOFF? All sleighs I have ever encountered came equipped with a set of steps stashed near the driver - after all, the ladies of that era were generally bundled in body-length corsets, and often had hoops to contend with. And you would have been pretty tall in that era.

slick
01-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Hey, come on up here. You can build all the snowmen you want. I just came back from the store and it's -1 C today. With all that snow that fell yesterday, the side roads are an ice rink. :eek:

Wolflady- 50 degrees - that's shorts weather for me. ;)

Ok guys, I've got some tea and hot coffee and all the baileys you can drink. Enjoy!

I'll just sit back and watch and warm my feet up a bit. Now where is that little orange kitten?? :confused:

lvpets2002
01-11-2007, 04:38 PM
:) Hey David at least Mario is throwing things at you now.. Mario now behave & lets get some Hot Cider ok.. Yew Mario put back on those tenneess.. :D
RedHedd, I'll help guide the cart and keep an eye on Mr. Marshmallow over here. Hey, Mario not at me!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-11-2007, 04:54 PM
You and Lady's Other Human can keep each other company in the slow lane. You know me, Jen, I only walk slow enough if reminded repeatedly - I'm used to keeping up with Paul! And MOFF? All sleighs I have ever encountered came equipped with a set of steps stashed near the driver - after all, the ladies of that era were generally bundled in body-length corsets, and often had hoops to contend with. And you would have been pretty tall in that era.
I always knew I was born in the wrong century!! :D

Winter storm on the way for us this weekend. We are smack dab in the center of where the worst is supposed to be. Suddenly I feel like I have a bullseye on my forehead. At least I'm all stocked up on critter supplies and people food. :D

Yes, Mario! I have lots and lots of hot chocolate!!! Want some? :D

TamanduaGirl
01-11-2007, 05:06 PM
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs10/300W/i/2006/081/f/5/Winter_fun_by_ZerdaFennecus.jpg

So this is where Pua got off too while I was away. Figures she loves walks. Oh no Pua if you're going to be doing that put on some boots and gloves, you'll get frost bite. It's much to cold for anteaters.

I've been chugging the coco, lettes, mochas and some tea like crazy the last few days.

Pua's not fond of coffee drinks but she'll take a nice warm tea.

wolflady
01-11-2007, 06:33 PM
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs10/300W/i/2006/081/f/5/Winter_fun_by_ZerdaFennecus.jpg

So this is where Pua got off too while I was away. Figures she loves walks. Oh no Pua if you're going to be doing that put on some boots and gloves, you'll get frost bite. It's much to cold for anteaters.

I've been chugging the coco, lettes, mochas and some tea like crazy the last few days.

Pua's not fond of coffee drinks but she'll take a nice warm tea.

Ha ha! Cute picture!

What a good job on that snowman...er...snow tamandua, Pua! :p

MOFF, glad you're stocked with goodies just in case that storm hits the bullseye! Send some cold weather my way! ;)

RedHedd
01-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey, could someone go back and get Catland? She is making some weird snowmen on somebodies porch. Mario - no, she doesn't need any help from you. :D Look at that snowman! It's made completely out of MARSHMALLOWS! :eek:

DrKym
01-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok a question? was I supposed to let Mario have some of my baileys and cocoa? He was looking at the new kitties and wanted a sip, he wont give my mug back now though..................... :eek:

*Mario gimme that it has no Marshies in it!*

Karen
01-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Sadly, and Trayi can confirm this, once you give something to Mario, he'll probably assume it's his forever.

Here, have a fresh mug of cocoa.

DrKym
01-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks Karen, I cannot believe I have bested by a monkeyboy (even though he is so adorable ) I have been outsmarted! *sighs and drinks her new cocoa*

gini
01-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey, exactly how "long" is this block. Can we go home now? People are starting to look at us funny because thanks to Mario we are leaving a trail of marshmallows.

lvpets2002
01-12-2007, 11:05 AM
;) No Mario you can not backtrack the mellows & start throwing them.. WschWee Gina that was close.. :o
Hey, exactly how "long" is this block. Can we go home now? People are starting to look at us funny because thanks to Mario we are leaving a trail of marshmallows.

Randi
01-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Now, what's going on here!! Who put crunchies in my slippers? :eek: Slick, I'l join you and put my feet up by the wood fire - uhmm, isn't that nice! :) I'll sit here and wait for the huge pot of Spagetti Bolognaise to warm up, with freshly grated Parmesan. There's enough for everyone, so who wants some? To tempt you even more, I opened a bottle of Italian wine. ;)

MOFF, about the storm....they may get it wrong there too. They promised/tried to frighten everyone with a storm here last night, but I think it must have changed direction and gone North of Denmark, I surely wasn't impressed.

lvpets2002
01-12-2007, 11:21 AM
:eek: Ohh sounds so so yummy.. Mario wait for me.. We on our way.. :o
Now, what's going on here!! Who put crunchies in my slippers? :eek: Slick, I'l join you and put my feet up by the wood fire - uhmm, isn't that nice! :) I'll sit here and wait for the huge pot of Spagetti Bolognaise to warm up, with freshly grated Parmesan. There's enough for everyone, so who wants some? To tempt you even more, I opened a bottle of Italian wine. ;)

catland
01-12-2007, 11:46 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4291115179&idx=16

is someone making fun of my snowmen?

lvpets2002
01-12-2007, 11:56 AM
:o Oh I think that was RedHedd.. Now that you mention it they do look to be melting.. :D Hey good job thu :) Cute

Randi
01-12-2007, 12:18 PM
LOL! Catland, they're the cutest snowmen I've seen in a long time! Love the pic. of Sid in the snow too. :)

I never thought I would say this, but seeing those pics, I really miss a big pile of snow outside. ;) Have not seen any yet.

gini
01-12-2007, 12:31 PM

Oh, I see, those are snowmen!
(http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif laughing behind your back)

Oh, Oh, I am gonna get it now!

RedHedd
01-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Aww! They're cute!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid222/p99a6624e60ad031566c79d9a26053469/eb20bfb5.jpg

cyber-sibes
01-12-2007, 12:40 PM

is someone making fun of my snowmen?LOL! Hey, you forgot to post that action picture of the champion snowman maker of the family -Joxer!
Kind of showed you up, didn't he? ;)

lvpets2002
01-12-2007, 12:45 PM
:) ;) Wait Wait Joxer didnt roll up Mario in there.. How funny..
LOL! Hey, you forgot to post that action picture of the champion snowman maker of the family -Joxer!
Kind of showed you up, didn't he? ;)

Killearn Kitties
01-12-2007, 01:36 PM
To tempt you even more, I opened a bottle of Italian wine. ;)
A bottle, Randi??? There's about 25 people behind me here. I think we need more than a thimbleful to heat us up. We'll be right in for the spagetti as soon as we have stopped giggling at these snowmen. :D

catland
01-12-2007, 03:22 PM
A bottle, Randi??? There's about 25 people behind me here. I think we need more than a thimbleful to heat us up. We'll be right in for the spagetti as soon as we have stopped giggling at these snowmen. :D

maybe its a really really BIG bottle. If that's the case, we're gonna need a bigger wagon. :eek:

RICHARD
01-13-2007, 02:47 PM
About face!

I am getting over the Ooo Koos!s :(

Foward March...Back to the bar...

I spent last night in front of the fireplace and god does my body hurt...

It's too friggin cold out here..........

comeon..I'm buying... :eek:

Who's idea was this anyway??? :mad: :confused: :rolleyes:

slick
01-13-2007, 09:59 PM
I need a drink now!!! No, I need two drinks now!!!! Never mind...just drop the whole damn bottle in front of me (no wait, give me a frontal labotamy) while I tell you that I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than have another day like today!!!! Quick Richard...I'm parched over here. :eek:

RedHedd
01-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey Slick, there's that old saying - I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy :p

slick
01-13-2007, 10:46 PM
OK, so I spelt it wrong....just give me something to wipe this day out completely. No details....it's just that sometimes family sucks big time. It's kind of a love/hate relationship...you know what I mean? :rolleyes: :p

catland
01-14-2007, 02:25 PM
*yawn* - hey - what's going on. Last thing I remember was a big bottle of wine, and Mario and Joxer and Pua making snowmen.

To whoever found me and brought me back inside - thanks.

Now lets get some more wood for the fire.

davidpizzica
01-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Catland, allow me to get the wood for the fire. You almost look frozen solid! I didn't think it was that cold. A pot of coffee is brewing with some of Slick's Baileys. That should warm ANYONE up!

DrKym
01-14-2007, 02:50 PM
OK OK who stole the whiskey and Brandy I brought?........was going to make hot toddies, MARIO! please stop putting silly string all over those snowmidgets! I am going to sit by the fire and have a glass of wine while I try to remember where I put those bottles down at.......... Mario, Pua and my hubby were right there when I put them on the porch for a second :confused:

RICHARD
01-16-2007, 02:08 AM
DANG!

What is the problem with the weather?

Today I finally feel human.....do not get this cold, I slept for three days so far!

I'll be back to serve some drinks in the morning! :eek:

TamanduaGirl
01-16-2007, 08:10 PM
oh deer it might have been Pua. I'm not sure about whiskey but she does like beer. And no she isn't allowed it but she had a few licks one time of my dad's before it was taken away. She was also licking little droplets of it out of his beard. She couldn't have gotton far without help though so check with Mario.

RedHedd
01-17-2007, 10:58 AM
snowmidgets! :D :D :D Snowmidgets! :D Actually we may have had enough snow in San Francisco overnight to make a few snowmidgets :D