PDA

View Full Version : Party

Marigold2
01-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi Everyone,
Well my husband is actually painting the hallway up and down. I asked him to do it three years ago and he was always too busy to start. So I came up with an idea. Lets have a party. My son is coming home Friday and we will have Christmas Sat the 13th in the morning, in the afternoon we are having about 40 people over. It should be a blast. I am excited about our Christmas and seeing our friends. Steve and I couldn't decide on a paint color for the longest time. I don't like white, it's like living in an egg shell. So I decided on green, almost like this color I am typing with. Everyone thought it would be too dark for a hallway but it looks so good I want to cry. It is very pretty up against the white trim of the doors and landing. I will be buying some pretty artwork to put on the walls. Maybe something in reds, yellows and orange. I think it will be smashing. I do want to tell everyone about the wonderful paint we found. It is by Ralph Lauren and it is called SUEDE. It has a bit of a grainey texture, it looks like wallpaper when it's on. Very classey. The color we went with is called TALLGRASS PRAIRIE. The have it on their website. I highly recommand this paint for anyone wanting something different. So if there is anyone out there who needs their husband to get cracking, a party works for me, just tell him you are inviting some of his co-workers and you will be surprised on how fast he can get his tush in gear. He he he.

jackmilliesmom
01-10-2007, 02:52 PM
But how do you get them to stop there. I asked him and he said fine and did the sitting/living room and then we moved to the kitchen and now he has pulled out our old stairs and made and fitted a new one and now we are on to teh bedroom please make him stop its not funny any more I will never ask for something to be done again if I am not careful he will work so hard and well around me that he will decorate me into the room that I am in - maybe I should go downstairs for safety - yep going talk to you tomorrow from the safety of my office in work bbbyyyyeeee!!!!!!

Marigold2
01-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Oh my gosh. Lets switch husbands. Like I said I can only get Steve to do something when we have a party. He is a workaholic and spends 60 hours in the office otherwise. Last night I offered to stir the paint for him while he changed and he wouldn't even let me do that. I will have a picnic in the summer and maybe get my living room wallpapered that way.;) At least your husband is at home working and not in a bar or watching sports 24/7. Plus your home must be lovely. Good luck. Marigold

jackmilliesmom
01-11-2007, 03:31 AM
My husband works hard he leaves at 6 in the morning and is not home until 8 p.m. and then he has his dinner and starts work on the house because he does not drink, smoke, or gamble I'm very lucky really when the house is complete I will post pictures you can see from some of my previous posts the outside of my home it is a stone 1 bedroom cottage and we are thinking of extending in the next year or two. Apparently the stone from our cottage alone would buy us two 3 bedroom houses in a housing estate here which has come to mind but we like where we live as we are out in teh country.