PDA

View Full Version : Fishies!!!

Beki
01-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Hey introducing my other pets that i look after all the time is my cold water fishies, i have 4 fishies. they're names are Sarasa, happy kisses, pumpkin and black eye down!!

the first one that you see here is Happy kisses, little fat fish!
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4875/jan2007002sy6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

this one's name is Sarasa, i need a bigger tank for him or her soon! s/he keeps growing!
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2962/jan2007005nx8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Here is all of them eating going after the same thing! lol! they couldn't go to the rest spread out over the tank loL!
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/4407/jan2007004wq1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

and...Sarasha, she's a japanese comet. She was the most beautiful fish when i first seen her and i just had to have her.
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/1456/jan2007animals015qq4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

need one where you can see pumpkin and black eye down. black eye down is the smallest fish! pumpkin is the ordinary comet i got both of these fish from my pond, i now have normal comets and shebuncian's in the pond.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8894/jan2007animals016ld8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

anyway those are my fishies, later on i plan on buying my best friends tank from her when she gets a bigger one, and i'm selling my small 10 gal to my half sister! i can't wait to see my fish in that big tank, they'll be soo happy!

Kalei
01-10-2007, 09:40 AM
lol I don't blame ya, a 30 gallon would be such a perfect size for your fishes, specially Sarasha! Wouldn't let be awesome if she got as big as Queen?! :eek: Anyways, those are very great pics you got, I get jealous of your wonderful camera:p lol I want to get one like that someday, but not anytime soon unfortunately. Keep taking more pics, I can't wait to see more of Sarasha! She's so pretty.

IRescue452
01-10-2007, 10:06 AM
A 55 to 75 gallon would be more appropriate for those 4 fish alone. The obvious veins in the fins of the comet are a major sign of stress.

Kalei
01-10-2007, 10:24 AM
My Queen has some veins showing in her tail too and I've asked fish experts about it, they said it was because she is such a big fish that you can see the veins in her tail because her tail is so big, not becuase of stress...she's been in my 30 gallon for 2 years and now she is over a foot long, don't worry I plan on getting a 60 to 70 gallon for her this spring, but if a fish would get that stressed over the space they have then I don't think the fish would grow as big as it did, fish know their limit, they grow to the size of their space, and my fish is still growing. That Sarasha comet is still a very small small fish and would do fine with a 30 gallon for now. I"m sorry but I"m just stating my opinion.

IRescue452
01-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Fish don't grow to their space, they become stunted from poor water quality in a small space. Just like if you stuck a great dane puppy in a small kennel its body wouldn't stop growing because of the small space, but it might not grow to full potential on a poor diet. I'm not concerned about size either. Fish release ammonia through normal gill function and digestion and goldfish have a large bioload. A big tank is best to keep water conditions close to ideal. And there is a difference between normal veins you can see and those enlarged by stress. I recently treated a fantail for stress and the veining is no longer visible.

Husky15
01-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Great pictures of your pretty fishies, Becky. Whatta funky background in the last two (or so I think that's a background). LOL! And just ignore the people who have nothing nice to say. :)

Beki
01-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I didn't ask for anyone to object about my fish if i wanted oppinions about what size tank i get i would ask, i can only get what i can afford, i appreciate your knowlege and letting me know what size is best, but my fish are happy and healthy i don't need to be a genious to know that! I learned alot of my fish knowlege from kalei, and over the years that i had fish, i know when they're happy and unhappy, so please i don't want no more people saying what size tank and all that i should have, yet again i get what i can afford, and can't get more. i have lots of animals that i look after and have to have a bit of knowlege of everything, i don't have too many though and i don't intend on geting rid of any. I appreciate the kind coments thank you.

...ps thank you very much kalei! Comet is a very happy fish, all the time.

Beki
01-10-2007, 01:07 PM
thank you very much alex for the coments you take care girl, lol supposetly its a background, i can't afford a background lol. i just never think of one when i do have money.

Great pictures of your pretty fishies, Becky. Whatta funky background in the last two (or so I think that's a background). LOL! And just ignore the people who have nothing nice to say. :)

Beki
01-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Oh and yes alex i forgot to thank you for the coments, i'm glad you like my fish! thank you soo much. ***splashes****

Christmas_Hamster
01-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Your goldies are beauties!!! I love the background to...I need a new background for my 20 gallon it came with a saltwater background :P

But please do not get upset some people are very passionate about their pets and are just giving advice you do not have to follow the advice but just take it into consideration ;)

Beki
01-12-2007, 11:32 AM
o, thank you soo much for the coments! I'm not upset:) my friends was starting to stand up for me and everything, i appreciate her knowlege, thank you soo much for the advice though, your a very thoughtfull person. ;) take care christmas_hamster:D

Your goldies are beauties!!! I love the background to...I need a new background for my 20 gallon it came with a saltwater background :P

But please do not get upset some people are very passionate about their pets and are just giving advice you do not have to follow the advice but just take it into consideration ;)

Christmas_Hamster
01-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Omg I had to post again! I love the goldies! I cannot stop staring at everybodies gold fish now *is mad* i wish I had room for goldies :( Love them btw :)

Zippy
01-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Beautiful Goldies.I love them all but Sarasa is my favorite.I love the name Pumpkin.I have an orange kitty named Pumpkin. :D

Beki
01-13-2007, 06:52 PM
when i read this i said "awww" outloud.!!! thank you soo much. don't be mad, someday you'll get goldies! thank you soo much. Even if you could get a 10 gal you could get goldies. don't even need a heater ;) anyway take care and thank you for the comments people! soo greatly appreciated. :D

Omg I had to post again! I love the goldies! I cannot stop staring at everybodies gold fish now *is mad* i wish I had room for goldies :( Love them btw :)

Beki
01-13-2007, 06:55 PM
wow thats awesome that you have a kitty named Punpkin! Sarasha and happy kisses is my fav. happy kisses is sooo fat all the time. lol. the other ones i got from my pond and i'm proud to have them! thank you soo much for the coment Zippy. greatly appreciated. ttyl bbyes.
Beautiful Goldies.I love them all but Sarasa is my favorite.I love the name Pumpkin.I have an orange kitty named Pumpkin. :D

Christmas_Hamster
01-14-2007, 12:33 PM
10 gallon is to small...unless I were to get dwarf golfish then i could use a 10 gallon..

Anyways thanks for sharing.

IRescue452
01-14-2007, 05:31 PM
There really aren't any dwarf goldfish breeds confirmed by the goldfish world yet, just sales gimmicks by pet stores and such.

Argranade
01-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Awww what cute fish! :D

They look happy & I'm sure they'll be even more happy in there new tank ^_^

Beki
01-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Thank you soo much Argranade! i can't wait to see them in they're new thank thats for sure! O.O:) like i said to the others i get what i can get and thats all you can get. lol! take care thanks for the comments.

Awww what cute fish! :D

They look happy & I'm sure they'll be even more happy in there new tank ^_^

Flatcoatluver
01-14-2007, 08:32 PM
You have pretty goldfish. But like IRescue452 mentioned that tank is way to small. Good Luck, but please unless you can afford to pay for everything a pet needs, don't get one. :) Goldfish live a long life, easily 20 years+ if in a proper size tank. Good Luck with your gang.

Husky15
01-15-2007, 08:00 AM
There really aren't any dwarf goldfish breeds confirmed by the goldfish world yet, just sales gimmicks by pet stores and such.Okay, I was gonna keep my mouth shut because I didn't want to start a fight, but I really can't help it any longer.

It seems that all you can do is tell people when they are wrong and try to act right all the time. I never see a nice comment come out. You could have at least said, "Cute fish." But what was the first thing you said?

A 55 to 75 gallon would be more appropriate for those 4 fish alone. The obvious veins in the fins of the comet are a major sign of stress.For one thing, you're just looking at the fish from the picture, you can't trust a picture for everything. I've seen these fish in person more then once, and I know what stress signs in the fins look like, and everytime I saw them they NEVER had stress signs and they ALWAYS looked so happy.

All Becky was doing was innocently showing her fish to her PT friends, but obviously she can't do that without everyone riding her back. Okay, she has been told countless times now that her tank is too small. She doesn't have to hear it a million times over.

And she certainly does not need you hijacking her thread to tell other people that they are wrong and that you are right. If you had some issues with what Christmas_Hamster said, take it to a PM. We don't need to see this anymore.

And let me just say, people are getting scared to show their fish on PT now because of stuff like this.

Beki
01-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Ok. I'm starting to get a little irrated aswell i completely agree with Husky15. I understand that you want to give me advice on keeping my fish, like Husky said, all i'm doing is showing my fish if i need advice at all about keeping fish i would ask and i have owned fish for many years now, and let me tell you they don't die because of stress. BTW the tank was given to me as a gift, and the fish isn't stressing out because they're too happyto be stressed. If i find that fish are getting stressed i put them back in the fish pond so don't worry about my fish dieing, because they arent even sick or stressed. There is nothing wrong with my fish so lets just leave it at that. now stop picking people apart, just coment on they're animals because i'm sure if they love they're animal enough they'll ask if they know and feel they need advice., you don't make friends by picking apart what people have.

Zippy
01-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Sorry to hijack your thread butI have an idea.You only comment on the fish and tank decorations in the thread and if you have a problem with the tank size settle it over a PM.I think that would cut down on the fights on PT.

Husky15
01-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Exactly, Becky. I can't believe an innocent thread of you happily showing your fish turned into this.
Sorry to hijack your thread butI have an idea.You only comment on the fish and tank decorations in the thread and if you have a problem with the tank size settle it over a PM.I think that would cut down on the fights on PT.Couldn't agree more, Zippy. I mean, it's too late now, and it has been said many times about the tank size, so I'm pretty sure that everyone knows now.

Vela
01-15-2007, 11:48 AM
You all also need to realize you are posting pictures and your opinions on a public board. If you don't like others saying anything but nice things, don't post about it. You have to accept that some won't agree with your situation or how you care for your animals, and be willing to accept the bad with the good. That's what happens on a public message board. If you don't like a comment by someone, skip over it, ignore it, but you also might learn things you didn't know by listening to what others have said as well. There is always more to learn for all of us, even from a comment you may not like. But the biggest thing is, if you are going to post anything on a public message board, you have to be willing to accept all responses, even those you don't like. That's how it works for everyone on a public board. It's just something to either deal with and ignore the posts you don't like, or don't post, because you will get opinions whether you ask for them or not. It's that way for everyone.