PDA

View Full Version : Tofu

sumbirdy
01-09-2007, 01:40 PM
If so do you know of any good recipes? I'm am looking to trying it.

BC_MoM
01-09-2007, 02:15 PM
I've never tried it.. but I'd love to.

Miss Z
01-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I personally don't like tofu, but I'm sure we have a tofu recipe book somewhere in a random cupboard. I'll try and fish it out and then I'll post some :)

DrKym
01-09-2007, 02:34 PM
We love it! I have found www.cooks.com to have a wealth of recipes to suit all the families tastes in Tofu. We use the type that is hardest , and sliceable, very versatile and wonderful as a last minute quick meal!

Karen
01-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Basically, it will take on the flavor of anything you cook it with! It's quite versatile that way. So stir-fry it with a bunch of your favorite veggies, crumble it into spaghetti sauce instead of hamburger ...

Chilli
01-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeh, I eat tofu on a regular basis. I love how you can use it in so many ways, though I leave the cooking mainly up to my mum.. so I don't actually know the recipes.
Like Karen said, its great in stir-fry! =]

Kfamr
01-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I don't eat it often but have had it several times in a stir-fry. I love it with some fresh peas, carrots, brocolli, and teriyaki sauce.

CathyBogart
01-09-2007, 07:15 PM
I like to stir-fry it, marinate it in italian salad dressing and grill it with veggies, cut it into small pieces and put it on salad, just about anything. I'll try to come up with a few "actual" rcipes, but when I first moved out and was SUPER broke, at least twice a month I'd skewer large pieces of firm tofu, cut up bell pepper, mushrooms, chunks of onion, and whatever veggies were on sale that week, brush them liberally with italian salad dressing, let them sit for an hour or so, and then grill them. YUM!

It goes REALLY well into Pad Thai also...

critter crazy
01-09-2007, 07:47 PM
I have never tried it, for some reason the looks of it has scared me away.:D

Argranade
01-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Nope,

But my Sugar glider did lol.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-09-2007, 08:05 PM
I love tofu! My husband is very good at cooking it. He does something with freezing and thawing that gives it a really good consistency, so it's firmer and not mushy. I'll ask him when he gets home from work then post it. :)

Giselle
01-09-2007, 09:01 PM
I can't live without tofu, literally ;)

We eat tofu in every and any way. We eat it steamed with shrimp and fishsauce; marinated in bean sauce and with assorted vegetables; stir-fried with seafood and soaking in a type of hoisin sauce; etc. You could also buy fake meats, which are mostly made from tofu. Heck, I even eat tofu as a dessert. It comes in a powder form and you just add water to make a very soft and light tofu. You eat it with melted sugar and ginger, and it's one of my favorite desserts. And, of course, a meal just isn't complete without a nice glass of soymilk!

lute
01-10-2007, 02:46 PM
I've never tried tofu. Not even 100% sure what it is. :o

Zippy
01-10-2007, 03:08 PM
I have never tried it.But I really want too.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-10-2007, 05:46 PM
My iguana likes it. I've never really tried it though.

Twisterdog
01-10-2007, 11:28 PM
I LOVE tofu, it's one of my favorite foods. Great in stir fry and hot and sour soup!

I'm the only one in my family that likes it, so I get ALL the tofu in a dish! :D

Suki Wingy
01-13-2007, 06:49 PM
almost every day. It's hard not to! I used to not eat any meat because the texture disgussed me, so I loved the smoothness of tofu.