PDA

View Full Version : 2 pics that make me giggle...

Glacier
01-09-2007, 01:16 PM
There's no theme to these two, no reason for posting them, other than the fact that they make me giggle every time I look at them!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/what.jpg
Chum had a small injury to his ear, caused by his incessant harassing of Heyoka(note to Chum: Heyoka's head weighs more than your entire body, leave him alone!). Ozzy was trying to be nice and clean Chum's ear, Founder was trying to help too. I love the look on Chum's face! We rarely see Chum still so to see him frozen in place was hysterical!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/frostydaisy.jpg
This is what happens when you insist on running with a dog team, despite your very curly, not good for snow coat! This is Daisy, for those that haven't met her. She's not my dog, but don't tell her that. She belongs to my neighbor, but spends every day at my house. She often runs loose with my dog team. Most of the time she's pretty good and doesn't cause any trouble. I tried not to take her yesterday and left her in my yard. Stuart said she almost broke her neck trying to get through the fence so he let her out. She caught up to the team in no time, ran 20 miles with us(she probably ran more since she likes to bounce around in the trees) and then spent a couple hours pulling the snowballs out of her coat!

luvofallhorses
01-09-2007, 01:35 PM
they both are very cute pictures and I see why they make you giggle! :D I am in love with Chum. :) What breed is he? :o

Glacier
01-09-2007, 01:37 PM
I am in love with Chum. :) What breed is he? :o

He's an Alaskan Husky--a mutt bred to pull. He was found as a stray, running around at the airport, so I can't say for sure, but I think he's a husky-hound mix. He looks like alot of the sprint racing dogs around here--long, very lean and very fast.

kimlovescats
01-09-2007, 01:48 PM
You don't need a "reason" to post pictures of your gorgeous doggies! That face on Chum is just precious!!!

The neighbor dog with the snow covered face is hysterical! :D

Husky_mom
01-09-2007, 01:59 PM
I can tell you a reason for posting pics like these......

MAKING US HAPPY!!!

we love your pics!!!

and I LOOOOOOVE Chum!!.........weeell, every member of your pack as you should know by now ;)

lovely pics but I think a few more would be very pleasant.....;)

Cinder & Smoke
01-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Daisy ...
then spent a couple hours pulling the snowballs out of her coat!

:p
Poor Baby!

Maybe we could all chip in and get her a Snow Coat.

:D

BC_MoM
01-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Forgive me, but I will be coming up to steal Chum!! :)

Ginger's Mom
01-09-2007, 02:20 PM
hehehe, they are funny pictures. The look on Chum's face is priceless. We should have some sort of contest for the best caption for that photo. :D And Daisy, we know that you like to show off you pretty winter coat, but not in the snow, sweetie. Oh I remember pulling little snowballs out of my RB dogs fur, it was not fun. :rolleyes:

Karen
01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey, I'm not telling Daisy she isn't a snow dog - it's in the attitude, not the breed, right girl? And she's obviously got attitude to spare!

Queen of Poop
01-09-2007, 02:34 PM
The look on Chum's face almost sent me out of my chair. I can see where your giggles are coming from. I do hope his ear is ok.

Daisy, well, sweetheart, as long as you had fun on the trip... ;)

sumbirdy
01-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Forgive me, but I will be coming up to steal Chum!! :)

Not if I get there first. :p

Lobodeb
01-09-2007, 02:39 PM
If Karen and Paul made a forum just for you, I could stay in it all day. :D

I love the look on Chum's face.

"Take it easy back there, Ozzy, it's still sensitive!" LOL

ShihtzuBeauty
01-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Too Cute! They are Gorgeous! :)

Husky_mom
01-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Not if I get there first. :p

well let me break the news, I´m on a plane flying right over haha.........;)

cyber-sibes
01-09-2007, 03:15 PM
What great pictures! They made me giggle too. :D How nice of Chum to hold still so you could get a picture of his handsome face! It's very sweet of Ozzy & Founder to lend tongue & paw.
Daisy, I am impressed!!!

cmayer31
01-09-2007, 03:18 PM
I laughed when I first saw this picture and here's what I could have sworn they were saying:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/what.jpg

Founder: "Now Chum, don't move and this won't hurt."
Chum: Frozen
Ozzy: "Almost got it..."

:D

I was wondering how Daisy was doing! How do they de-ice after a run? Do they just lick the snow/ice until it melts off, or just keep shaking untill it all goes flying?

Anita Cholaine
01-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Those two pics are sooo cute :D I love the dog's expressions in the first one, it seems like they are all so concentrated in what they are doing. I don't think I had seen Chum before, but he's such a handsome boy.

The second pic is also so funny, Daisy must be a total sweetheart. Thanks for sharing!

Glacier
01-09-2007, 04:16 PM
I
How do they de-ice after a run? Do they just lick the snow/ice until it melts off, or just keep shaking untill it all goes flying?

They have many strategies. They lick and curl up in balls. They generate an amazing amount of heat when they curl up! They also shake and roll around. They whine at the door until I let them inside!

Daisy usually goes to her own house for a little while. She has a doggy door. So she goes inside, defrosts and comes back. I don't let her come in my house. I'm afraid she'd never go to her own home again if she got indoor privledges too! She does sleep in the porch some nights, when I know the wolves are out.

finn's mom
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks, they made me giggle, too! That's awesome, twenty miles! I would love to live somewhere that I could do anything for twenty miles (well, besides drive!). You are a blessed family!