PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Russian Blue
01-09-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm crossposting this message here to make sure everyone who has sent me a message can read it.

A big thank you to Karen and Paul for providing a genuine place for us to share our stories and sorrows when a loved one passes. Karen, the poem you created for Nakita was wonderful and fit her perfectly. Thank you for your kindness and dedication for all involved.

To say I'm overwhelmed by the response to Nakita's passing, would be an understatement. I appreciate everyone for reaching out, for being there for me and sending all your love. You all make it a little easier to move forward with your words, prayers and compassion.

Today is the first 'routine' day and therefore the hardest. We came back from the cottage yesterday, Rob went to work this morning, and now I'm left alone in this very quiet house. It's so hard. Everything reminds me of her and then the tears start and then the emptiness becomes too much.

They say when one door closes, another opens. I just hope the future is kind since this last event has hurt me to the core.

I wish everyone lived closer, since I would love to meet the people behind the words. If you can all do something for me, don't take anything for granted. Keep your loved one's close and realize that in a heartbeat things can change forever.

Here's my tribute to my Emerald Girl who passed away last Saturday:

My Emerald Girl (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=119819)

Killearn Kitties
01-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Oh sweetheart, I wish I lived closer to you too. I'm sure we could fill that house with at least some noise and companionship. It must be so very very difficult for you just now. Such a terrible shock.

Where is Richard? I think he needs to get that bar open - fast!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-09-2007, 09:48 AM
As long as we have each other on PT we are never truly alone. I hope your pain eases and is replaced by the lovely memories you have

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Lots of hugs sended your way, Cass....
I've lost my dear Sydney 4 years ago; I know what you must be going through now....

zippy-kat
01-09-2007, 10:11 AM
{{Continually thinking of you, Kass.}}

trayi52
01-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Kass, we are all here for you. I wish we all lived closer to you too. I know how truly lonely that house feels to you right now. Sending lots of loving Hugs to you right now.

Willie

Sonia59
01-09-2007, 10:41 AM
One nice thing with PT is that we all know what you feel because we went through this too.
It hurts terribly the first days but then it is easy. We never forget but after some time we are able to remember the happy moments again.
((((Hugs))))

wolflady
01-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Isn't PT an amazing place? The power of PT, the love, support, and generosity is just amazing. Still thinking of you.

**hugs**

gini
01-09-2007, 11:42 AM
When I lost my first soulcat, Sugar, after 18 years, my husband had just started a new job. Because I work at home suddenly everything was so still and quiet and so painful.

I will always feel that during that time Sugar came back to visit to console me.
It would come like a flash out of the corner of my eye - a whisp of white fur - or was it just my imagination.

Regardless, it was very consoling and I had this strong sense that he was with me still.

I wish you that same experience.

DrKym
01-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Our deepest sympathies to you, we also know exactly how awful it feels. I do hope that your hurt will pass quickly, that her memories will begin to help heal you, and her purr will resonate in your heart forever. Much good energy being sent your way for you both and a candle lit in her honor here.

Barbara
01-09-2007, 11:54 AM
They say when one door closes, another opens. I just hope the future is kind since this last event has hurt me to the core.

I wish everyone lived closer, since I would love to meet the people behind the words. If you can all do something for me, don't take anything for granted. Keep your loved one's close and realize that in a heartbeat things can change forever.

It's very courageous of you to say this right now.

It will be true one day.

sandragonfly
01-09-2007, 02:04 PM
oh kass, GOOD to see your words this soon.. I understand about the doors, you and some of us aren't ready when nakita decided to go yet, our lives are diminished when loved ones flew away anyway. ((((kass)))), nakita would want you to take care of yourself like you did for her. up there in heaven with her elegant glowing wings, (just like the last pictures we saw of her) she's all new, sickless and purring the best with others. it's just too far to hear them from here. they needed her but I know she promised you she'd watch over you and be by your heart -- cats just don't talk! :rolleyes:

we all will be thinking of you, hoping for NAKITA's next door to be opened for you too. please also know all of us will be here for you at anytime you need us. especially from my emerald girl, whispers too. ;)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/crayola16.jpg

and I thought this, apollo from yesterday might would warm your smile up a bit. he says, I may look scary but here are our paws (hands) too!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/helpme-2.jpg

kimlovescats
01-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh Kass, I do know what emptiness you are feeling. All I can begin to say is that we do care, and that in time it won't hurt quite as bad. :(

(((((((HUGS))))))
Kim

catlover4ever
01-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Kass (((HUGS))) PT is an amazing place. Those of us here are able to understand just what you are feeling and going through, you have a great support system.

I hope I do not upset you any more than you already are (I'm not good at words) but I wanted to share this with you.

When I found out in October that Tigger was full of cancer I was so mad.....mad that I did not notice that she was not well, mad that it was her and not some other kitty, mad that life was so unfair...that we as humans can love so much, only to have it taken away so swiftly. I spent 3 wonderful days with Tigger (I cried nonstop), but as each day passed she became a shell of a cat, she was not Tigger...and it was not fair to keep her just for my needs.

I let her go peacefully on a Monday and even with 9 other cats my house is empty. Tigger as well as Nakita can never and will never be replaced.

Nakita's spirit will live in your heart forever...and it can never be taken away from you. Don't be surprised if think you saw Nakita out of the corner of your eye as you go through the cottage...she is there with you, she will see you in your dreams, and don't be surprised if some day you find yourself with another kitty....one that Nakita will probally send your way.

Honey, if you ever, ever need a shoulder....I'm here for you. (((HUGS))) Meg

cyber-sibes
01-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Your tribute and Karen's poem were so very moving, there really are no words to add.
I simply offer you my condolences and prayers. I still have her Christmas card picture on my mantle. She was so very special, and she's probably on the look out for someone equally special to send to you to help you heal. She know how loving your heart is.

finn's mom
01-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I almost always avoid the memorial sections, but, then I feel horrible when I am unable to share my condolences with friends who have lost their loved ones. And this is one of those times. I always enjoyed your stories and photos of Nakita, and, will surely miss them both. We are thinking of you.

Kfamr
01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Oh my gosh.

I am in complete tears. Nakita was, and will always be, my most favorite Pet Talk kitty. I often looked at her pictures, and when there weren't new ones I'd do a search and look for old posts. I always shared her with my mother, who thought she was as beautiful as I did.

I am so sorry, I am just now learning of Nakita's passing and I am in tears. I am so sorry.

Kass, your girl was beautiful and I will certainly always have a special place in my heart for her.

krazyaboutkatz
01-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Kass, I wish I lived closer so I that could give you a big hug right now. Nakita was a such a treasure and I'm very fortunate to have been able to have met her through your beautiful pictures. I know it'll take a long time for the pain of losing her to stop but just remember that we're all here for you. I'm sure that she'll continue to visit you and will try to let you know that she's okay. My Pepper has done this and it's given me great comfort. You and Rob continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

sandragonfly
01-09-2007, 10:21 PM
forgot to add, I wish I'm close to you too and reach my arms out for you! .. I feel bad I can't be here for you. :(

Bengalz
01-09-2007, 10:38 PM
I so wish I could sit you down with a hot pot of tea and great big boxes of tissues so we could cry together. In my lifetime, each furbaby that passed left with a part of my heart never to be recovered. To me it was like losing a child - nothing is worse.

In time, I have realized they were my greatest lessons learned and that where I thought I had lost something of myself, I had actually gained a great gift. Their spirits have never left me and today I have so many wonderful memories and experiences that would never have touched my life were it not for my precious furbabies.

Nakita has touched your life in a way that no other can. She will always be with you.

Hugs,
Betty

Felicia's Mom
01-10-2007, 01:29 PM
God Bless You and Rob for the care you gave Nakita.
Have fun at Rainbow Bridge, Nakita!
I can't add anything that hasn't already been said.

Daisy and Delilah
01-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Rest in Peace beautiful little girl and play hard at the bridge. :(

Your tribute to Nakita is filled with love. My heart is breaking for you :( I don't think I've ever seen a more beautifully delicate little kitty. She was a very special baby.

chocolatepuppy
01-10-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm so sorry about Nakita. :( She was beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to her. May she Rest in Peace.