PDA

View Full Version : Ut-oh, Spaghetti-O! *~video~*

Lobodeb
01-08-2007, 11:14 PM
My mom has been eagerly awaiting the day that we let Hugito feed himself spaghetti. Well, that day came last weekend. My mom saw the humor in the mess that he created. I didn't. Well, yes, I did. I just didn't enjoy cleaning it up! lol

I was getting some good pictures of the mess he made of himself and decided to take a video of him doing his baby sign language. Now, granted, it's not perfect, but it's a start. We're very happy with his progress. He only knows 2 signs right now, "all done (finished)" and "please," but he could start picking more up any day now.

Just to little prelude to the video, the sign for "all done (finished)" is
http://www.lessontutor.com/finished.gif

And "please" is
http://www.lessontutor.com/ASLplease.gif

Now, Hugito's "all done/finsished" looks more like good-bye, but he does it when he's done eating, etc.

Without further ado,
My little angel making momma proud. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pux1YDXE-0A)

And a little update on him, we just came from his 12 month check up and came home with a clean bill of health. He is 31 1/2" tall, 90 percentile and weighed 27 1/4 lbs, 80 percentile. He's still a big boy. :D

He's still not walking yet, but is getting closer with every day.

Thanks for letting me share.

shais_mom
01-08-2007, 11:18 PM
that is soooo cool!
oh yea and CUTE! ;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-09-2007, 06:21 AM
CUUUUUUTE!!

He is so handsome! Smart boy!!!!! :D

Cataholic
01-09-2007, 08:36 AM
WAH!!! Hello cutie Hugito!

(Jonah, at 2.25 years, weighs 30 pounds....he he he)

Ginger's Mom
01-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Aw, what a good boy, and cute too. Although I am glad that I didn't have to clean up that little doll-baby. :)

Lobodeb
01-09-2007, 04:33 PM
(Jonah, at 2.25 years, weighs 30 pounds....he he he)
:eek: :eek: Wow! That really puts Hugito's size into perspective. He really IS a big boy! :eek: :eek:

molucass
01-09-2007, 11:00 PM
My niece is 3, and only weighs 28 lbs.

Hugito is such a handsome boy, even with spaghetti all over him.. Lol.

kimlovescats
01-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Hugito is so precious! What a smart boy! :D

Lobodeb
01-10-2007, 10:07 PM
My niece is 3, and only weighs 28 lbs.

I guess I'm just used to him being big. We ran into some friends of ours and their son is also on the larger side. Hugito must have been at least 2 inches taller and about 3-4 pounds heavier. But, the other boy is 4 months older. :o

What am I feeding this kid? lol

sandragonfly
01-10-2007, 10:37 PM
hello there, another little signer!! :D drats, I can't see the video on this little pager - I'll have to when I can! hey, I know a good article about teaching babies some basic signs I'll have to find for you. it's amazing babies could sign before they coo coo!

"spaghetti-o" reminded me of my story when I was little eating my strawberries and I was all red! my mother was too late coming back into kitchen to teach me the sign, "strawberries" (she had to go into other room to find the sign language book) and I ate all before she could! hehehe.

goodness, hugito IS getting more handsome handsome little boy.. :eek: he's extremely cute, his smiles/laughters warm my heart... I'll never forget one where he gave me a huge hug! :) :) aw, recalling now..

thanks for sharing, this is cool!