PDA

View Full Version : Remember This Guy? **UPDATE**

K & L
01-08-2007, 08:42 PM
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=116388&highlight=schnapps

I finally captured him this evening and he's at the vets to be neutered tomorrow. We're also having him tested and his shots. He's really friendly so I know he is, or at one time was, a neighborhood pet. Since he's been coming around our place, eating our cats food, spraying and causing havoc, and not neutered...he will be now! :D

If he does belong to someone guess they just got a freebee!!! :)

kimlovescats
01-08-2007, 08:57 PM
YAY! He is SO handsome, Lisa! Good job! ;)

aki
01-08-2007, 09:03 PM
What pretty coloring! I love him!

~Aki :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Yes, I remember this handsome guy. I'm so glad that you were able to trap him and that he'll be getting neutered,tested, and his shots.:) Great work!!!:D

Catty1
01-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Will be interesting to see if he is microchipped...no tattoo?

BEAUTIFUL baby! Thanks for helping him out!

Scooter's Mom
01-08-2007, 11:12 PM
I noticed you are in Glendale. If you take him to Friends for Life in Gilbert, they can scan to see if he's microchipped. Your local vet may be able to scan also.

He's a beautiful cat!

jazzcat
01-08-2007, 11:50 PM
I remember him. Glad you caught him. Good luck on your snip tomorrow handsome guy!

K & L
01-09-2007, 04:21 AM
I noticed you are in Glendale. If you take him to Friends for Life in Gilbert, they can scan to see if he's microchipped. Your local vet may be able to scan also.

He's a beautiful cat!

Thanks for the info. Our vet always checks this for us if we bring in a tame. Regardless if he's owned, he will now be fixed. :)

CultureJunky
01-09-2007, 05:21 AM
Well done on a good job! It just annoys me, I wish people would neuter their cats, grrrrrrrr. Imagine how many unwanted babies that Schnapps has fathered already!

Killearn Kitties
01-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Schnapps is gorgeous! I don't remember seeing him before.
We once spayed someone else's cat by mistake. :o

K & L
01-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Schnapps is gorgeous! I don't remember seeing him before.
We once spayed someone else's cat by mistake. :o

Our spaying/neutering isn't by mistake. If they're hanging around our house, or the park, and not fixed - they're going to be fixed. We've dealt with way too many unwanted litters for many years now. Schnapps will be much better off now and so will my household! He's been marking his territory, which in turn has caused ours to do the same.

moosmom
01-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Lisa,

Great job AGAIN!!! Schnapps is beautiful!! And very lucky to have you!

catlover4ever
01-09-2007, 09:16 AM
He's a beauty!!! Good job once again at trapping.

Killearn Kitties
01-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Our spaying/neutering isn't by mistake. If they're hanging around our house, or the park, and not fixed - they're going to be fixed. We've dealt with way too many unwanted litters for many years now. Schnapps will be much better off now and so will my household! He's been marking his territory, which in turn has caused ours to do the same.
Oh yes, I understand that and I agree with what you are doing.

When we spayed the wrong cat, we had no experience with cats at all. We thought we had caught the right one (Jessica). We realised our mistake a few months later. :D

K & L
01-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Schnapps is doing very well. He tested negative, got all his shots, and had a huge abscess on his leg. They shaved that area and gave him a shot of antibiotics. He came home, ate, and is now released. Glad I got him in there with the looks of that abscess. Of course he wasn't microchipped. I always figure if they're not fixed then no one took the time to have him microchipped. I sure hope he decides to hang around here more often now. Thanks everyone!

catmandu
01-09-2007, 06:10 PM
You Took The Most Important Step In Breaking The Chain Of Unwanted Kittens , And That Will Help Scnapps Find A Furr Ever Home When Hes Older And Wants To Settle Down.
Good Work!!

wolflady
01-09-2007, 06:35 PM
...I sure hope he decides to hang around here more often now.

Oh, I hope so too! He's such a handsome kitty! I just love his face. :)

Catsnclay
01-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Of course he wasn't microchipped. I always figure if they're not fixed then no one took the time to have him microchipped.

:mad: Isn't that the truth??!! :mad:

I'm glad he is now fixed, AND you found and fixed the abcess!! Maybe that is why he showed back up.....knowing the K & L Kitty Hotel will take care of him!! :D

So, will he be among the backyard kitties now??????...............and this will make # ?? at the Inn? :eek:

K & L
01-11-2007, 06:15 AM
:mad: Isn't that the truth??!! :mad:

I'm glad he is now fixed, AND you found and fixed the abcess!! Maybe that is why he showed back up.....knowing the K & L Kitty Hotel will take care of him!! :D

So, will he be among the backyard kitties now??????...............and this will make # ?? at the Inn? :eek:

Let's just say he knows where the food and drinks are if he chooses to hang around! :D At least now he's fixed and won't have the urge to fight for the female.

Oh gosh do I have to count that high this morning? ;)