PDA

View Full Version : Computerless in Connecticut

davidpizzica
01-08-2007, 05:35 PM
I talked to Moosmom on the phone this afternoon and she told me she doesn't have the internet right now. Something happened to her modem and she lost her internet. So if anything important happens she'll call me and I'll post it for her. I just wanted to let everyone know.

Daisy and Delilah
01-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks David. :)

borzoimom
01-08-2007, 05:40 PM
all modems have a reset button on them. Tell her to get a toothpick and press it for like 10 seconds. Keep it un plugged for like 10 minutes, plug it back in, wait until the lights stop moving then open her computer..

catnapper
01-08-2007, 05:42 PM
She has an internal modem. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software (she's currently on good ol' dial-up)

borzoimom
01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
hmm.. there should be a cd that says internet modems... Or call tech support.. ???

DrKym
01-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I will have to ring her later and see how she is doing. Talked with her yesterday but she didn't mention the comp was acting up :( .

catnapper
01-08-2007, 05:47 PM
hmm.. there should be a cd that says internet modems... Or call tech support.. ???
Her computer is ancient, so I'm sure tech support would be non-existant. Poor Donna is having a rough patch. Hopefully things will pick back up for her soon.

davidpizzica
01-08-2007, 05:57 PM
I will have to ring her later and see how she is doing. Talked with her yesterday but she didn't mention the comp was acting up :( .
Dr. Goodnow, this just happened this afternoon and she told me when I called her. I'm afraid her computer is on it's last legs!

davidpizzica
01-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Her computer is ancient, so I'm sure tech support would be non-existant. Poor Donna is having a rough patch. Hopefully things will pick back up for her soon.
Kim, I'm making plans to visit her in Connecticut at the end of January. That should perk her up!

DrKym
01-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Oh my David! maybe we should pass the hat to help with a new comp? I know she does a lot of writing on her comp, (and not just on pet talk) hehe. I for one would be willing to donate to a wally world card, my new comp was from there and with the flat screen was only 499.00. its an Emachine but I have always had emachines with no troubles.

Dorothy39
01-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Thanks for keeping us up-dated David P~ :o ;)

moosmom
01-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm using my daughter's computer right now. It's a pain because I have to drive over to her apartment, but at least I'm not totally without it.

If I get this job at the newspaper, my first order of business will be to get a new one. My computer is ancient and I kinda knew I was posting on a wing and a prayer. It was only a matter of time.

As far as calling Tech Support - forget about it!! Netzero charges $1.99 per minute!!

Don't worry, this is small stuff. I'll get through it.

Kym,

Thanks for the offer, but it truly is not necessary.

trayi52
01-09-2007, 09:57 AM
David, tell Donna we hope she will be back on shortly. I know how it feels to be without the internet.

Willie

davidpizzica
01-11-2007, 05:04 PM
I talked to Donna on the phone this afternoon and she won't be online for a while. Her ancient computer is kaput and she doesn't have the money to get another one. So, if there's any news from Connecticut, I'll post it for everyone.