PDA

View Full Version : A PetTalk CHALLENGE for One by One - GRAND TOTAL ~ $25.79

kuhio98
01-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Listen up PetTalkers! I am issuing a challenge to everyone for the month of January. Here's your chance to Goodsearch me into the poor house! :p

Here's the deal: I will match every $$ earned through GOODSEARCH (http://www.goodsearch.com/) through the month of January for One by One (Kutztown, PA).

Simply go to the GoodSearch website, enter One by One as your charity and then use GoodSearch for your web searches. To make it easier, you can download the GoodSearch toolbar on your computer if you want.

To find out more about the rescue, visit: http://1by1catrescue.org/

ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?

kittycats_delight
01-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Absolutely Lisa. I will use it for my search. What a generous idea. Nice way to help out. :)

jazzcat
01-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Cool! I was getting ready to Google jello salad and recipes with Splenda so I will GoodSearch it instead.

catnapper
01-08-2007, 05:14 PM
LOL -- I use that every day already (sometimes I think Jen and I are the only ones in the rescue ;)) so now I have even more reason to use it! :D :p

jenluckenbach
01-08-2007, 06:33 PM
WOO HOO!!!! What a wonderful way to help us out! :D :D

Now, what can I go look up? ;)

Cincy'sMom
01-08-2007, 06:46 PM
I use Google almost everyday at work...this month I will be sure to use Goodsearch instead :D

cassiesmom
01-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I use Google almost everyday at work...this month I will be sure to use Goodsearch instead :D

Me too - I did not know such a thing existed.

jenluckenbach
01-09-2007, 05:12 AM
a shameless bump. :o ;)

CultureJunky
01-09-2007, 05:23 AM
That is such a fantastic gesture, and I am in awe of your charitable cause.
It's inspiring. I will use it from now on.

sirrahbed
01-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Great idea and I am now using it regularly.

There is an easy way to set Goodsearch as your default, I know this works with IE7:

Add your own search provider to your copy of Internet Explorer 7 by following these steps:
click on the arrow next to the search engine you have now and select then click on "find more providers"...and it will give you the same directions I am posting.
Visit the desired search engine (Goodsearch) in another window or tab
Use the search engine to search for TEST (all capital letters)
(copy the URL from the address bar)
Paste the URL of the Search results page
URL: (this is where you paste the URL you just copied)
Specify a name for the search provider
Name: (select One by One from the list)

This just adds this particular Goodsearch to the top right of your toolbar - rather than installing the Goodsearch Toolbar. I already have Google Toolbar and did not want to add another. Google tries to block another engine as the default, but the above directions worked for me. This way, I still have the buttons from the Google Bar that I like, but I use the Goodsearch default instead of searching with Google. You can also go back to Goodsearch and check on the amount raised so far - it is $1.31 at this moment :)

Hope this helps someone else to make it convenient to use.

Such a good iea to use this for One by One :D

Let's meet Lisa - KUHIO's - CHALLENGE!!! :D

jenluckenbach
01-09-2007, 03:39 PM
There is an easy way to set Goodsearch as your default, I know this works with IE7:
:D
YUP!!! This is what I did a while ago. :)

kuhio98
01-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Great job everyone! We are up to $2.67. Keep up the good work.

What are you GoodSearching (http://www.goodsearch.com/) for? I'm off to find a recipe for microwaveable peanut brittle...

kuhio98
01-12-2007, 08:59 AM
We're up to $3.76. We can do better than that!

Yesterday I searched for something called a germ guardian to see if it would help me with my mold alergies. Then I searched for David Beckham because, believe it or not, I had never heard of him and wondered what all the fuss was about.

GoodSearch doesn't cost you a thing. What are you GoodSearching for?

kuhio98
01-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Here's an example of how much your organization can earn:

Charity Size...................Number ............... Average Searches...........Est Revenue
.....................................Supporters... ..........Per Day....................... Per Year
Small ...............................100 ........................2......................... .........$730
Medium..........................1,000............. .......... 2................................$7,300
Large............................10,000........... .............2..............................$73,00 0

Barbara
01-13-2007, 01:45 PM
I had already joined GoodSearch for a different Pet Charity and I'd be happy to share- but for us in Germany it is difficult as the search resukts are not as good as google- not enough things are found. I still use it from time to time.

jenluckenbach
01-13-2007, 03:51 PM
I had already joined GoodSearch for a different Pet Charity and I'd be happy to share- but for us in Germany it is difficult as the search resukts are not as good as google- not enough things are found. I still use it from time to time.
It is true that Google tends to be a better search engine. But I always try Good Search first (to get the charitable credit) and then go to another search engine if the results are less than needed.

kuhio98
01-14-2007, 08:54 AM
Yesterday I searched for pet psychics. What are you GoodSearching for?

rg_girlca
01-14-2007, 03:44 PM
ANYTHING that I can think of. LOL!!!! :)

sirrahbed
01-14-2007, 06:53 PM
I use it multiple times daily for just about everything like Lorraine :)

But let's see, today I looked up reviews on the Rocky Balboa movie that we saw last night, and for reviews on Memoirs of a Geisha, which I am currently reading. I just now looked up reviews on free virus scanning software (decided on Antivir) - and also read a review on a National Geographic special that I am about to watch about multiples in the womb.

I an still amazed at the information available by searching the internet - a library at my fingertips and I use it often throughout the day. GoodSearch seems to be as good as Google which is what I am most used to using :)

jenluckenbach
01-15-2007, 07:52 PM
I searched for Plantar fascia (the foot pain I am experiencing) and Avon (because I dont have a representative of my own). Oh yes, and reflexology!

Zippy
01-15-2007, 08:00 PM
i have been goodsearching for:airlines,airlines that fly pets,pet airlines,and hognose snakes

Husky_mom
01-15-2007, 09:19 PM
I thought i better post I´ve been using good search, I tend to search a LOT.........so I joined to help.......

lately I´ve been searching about bird cages, rabbits, and some PSP downloads as my comp got formatted and my PSP got erased (I had it downloaded and now I can´t find where to)

I´ll keep using goodsearch..........sometimes I tend to search images, but as those don´t count I´ll stick to web search.........;)

kuhio98
01-16-2007, 09:01 AM
We're averaging about $1.00 a day. I think we can do better than that!

Come on! Get GoodSearching! I will match all contributions. Anyone else want to join me?

catmandu
01-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Can I contribute two AWA Big CatNip Mice, about 6 dollars Canadian to be sold , as it costs money in exchange and charges to send money from Canada to the USA.

GreyhoundGirl
01-16-2007, 06:15 PM
:( I've never heard of this Goodsearch before so am not farmiliar with it I've been using it ever since I first saw this thread, but I hadn't clicked verify so it didn't help at all. :( Darn!

Not as handy as google I can't find a translator. lol :p

But now I found out how to work it. Lucky for you (not so lucky for some of us...) I have a huge research project on Leprosy (or something like that, I haven't sone much work on it yet...) that I need info for.

GreyhoundGirl
01-17-2007, 02:03 PM
I forced everyone in my class today (when we were working on our projects) to use good search. Yay! *parties*

kuhio98
01-17-2007, 04:22 PM
I forced everyone in my class today (when we were working on our projects) to use good search. Yay! *parties*Thank you! I'm sure the rescues at One by One really appreciate it. I know I sure do! We are at $9.36 today. Fingers and paws crossed that we can hit $10 by the end of the day. :D

kuhio98
01-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Can I contribute two AWA Big CatNip Mice, about 6 dollars Canadian to be sold , as it costs money in exchange and charges to send money from Canada to the USA.Gary ~ I'm sure Jen and Catnapper would love it. You might check with them. Your Canadian Nip is Primo stuff!

That reminds me ~ I need e-mail Dale S. I have a dozen or so crocheted mice that I need to mail so that they can be stuffed and sold.

Husky_mom
01-17-2007, 04:42 PM
I have a Q............how much do you get per search??

I have been using it quite a bit........I used to search through yahoo, and goodsearch is powered by it so same thing..........but better........(as it helps others while I search)

jazzcat
01-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm searching right now. I've been using it daily and probably do about 20+ each day. I'm researching meds for my father, music for my husband and misc. items for me. I'm so glad to know someone can profit from my searching.

catnapper
01-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Wow, thanks everyone!!! Its fantastic!

Lisa, a whole 25 cents of that money is from my searches! :D :D

Lets see what I've searched for.... today alone, I searched for message boards for mothers of teen mothers (none exist.... perhaps I should start one!) ;)

jazzcat
01-17-2007, 05:21 PM
LOL, look what I found. I was searching cat toys and clicked on images. If you are a Kentucky Wildcat fan this is a must have.

http://www.kirkinteractive.com/madness/images/cats/cat_toys_lge.jpg

As a University of TN fan I had to laugh at the Orange Power T hanging there and also the Florida Gator head.

Here's the link for anyone who wishes to order one, hehehe.
Wildcat Madness (http://www.kirkinteractive.com/madness/cats/cat_toys.html)

jenluckenbach
01-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Thank you! I'm sure the rescues at One by One really appreciate it. I :D
One by One MOST certainly does thank everyone involved.

Even though only a penny per search sounds like so little, when many people continually use Good Search with One by One as their charity, it adds up fast.

I hope that many of you will continue to use the Good Search with One by One as your charity even after this challege is over. We are always struggling with funds. :( And this costs YOU nothing! :)

Flatcoatluver
01-17-2007, 05:32 PM
To learn more about guinea pigs, I can never get enough.

kuhio98
01-17-2007, 06:21 PM
I have a Q............how much do you get per search?? GoodSearch donates 1 cent for every search for the specified charity.

Husky_mom
01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I just looked at the web, but thanks........I aslo noticed we reached over 10.45.......!!!!.........yay!!!

I told you I searched quite a bit, luckily you showed me the site so I can help while i search.........I´ll keep searching for one by one :)

kuhio98
01-18-2007, 10:11 AM
You guys rock! Keep up the good work -- and keep on GoodSearching for One by One.
Here is some information about the founders of GoodSearch that I thought you might find interesting.

A few years ago, brother and sister Ken and JJ Ramberg had a vision to create a company which would make supporting charitable organizations an effortless, cost-free daily activity that did not take time out of people's busy schedules. GoodSearch was created when they considered what even a fraction of the billions of dollars generated by search engines annually could do if it were directed towards good causes.

With extensive Internet and philanthropic experience, Ken and JJ have created a site that will help redirect considerable amounts of search engine advertising dollars to the betterment of society. They have been inspired to take corporate responsibility to the next level by allowing users to decide where their search revenue should go.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Been searching!

Reachoutrescue
01-18-2007, 11:11 AM
I have been using goodsearch for a little bit now....I hope it helps...I am searching for low cost animal hospitals today...that should bring in a few $$ to One By One.

Anita Cholaine
01-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm downloading the Goodsearch toolbar, cause I'm so used to the Google bar that I just forget about this :p
Well, I guess I'll keep on searching!

wolflady
01-18-2007, 01:23 PM
That's great! I stumbled upon this thread, and used this search all day yesterday and will continue to do so! :)

**hugs**

GreyhoundGirl
01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
*continues forcing everybody in class to use goodsearch for this dumb reaserch assinement*

Most of the girls are using it now, but the guys are being stupid. Guys are like slynkies, basically useless, but fun to watch fall down stairs. :p

Flatcoatluver
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
*continues forcing everybody in class to use goodsearch for this dumb reaserch assinement*

Most of the girls are using it now, but the guys are being stupid. Guys are like slynkies, basically useless, but fun to watch fall down stairs. :p
Falling on the floor laughing!!! Thank you so much for that!

I made this my homepage.

GreyhoundGirl
01-18-2007, 02:06 PM
It's my homepage, too. Great minds think alike, I guess

Reachoutrescue
01-19-2007, 08:39 AM
One by One is up to $12.23.... this is awsome!! Good job starting this Kuhio!!

kuhio98
01-20-2007, 10:17 AM
11 days to go! Plenty of time to do some damage to my bank account! :p Thank you for GoodSearching for One by One (http://1by1catrescue.org/index.htm)

GreyhoundGirl
01-20-2007, 07:51 PM
LOL! I'm working on it, I have plenty of homework and have probably done about 200 esarches on goodsearch. :p LOL! Plus I got all my friends to use it as well as all the girls in my class. muh ha ha ha ha!

Everybody, we have 13.80. LETS GET $14 BEFORE THE END OF THE NIGHT!!! Goal setting improves work!!!

rg_girlca
01-20-2007, 10:32 PM
We're averaging about $1.00 a day. I think we can do better than that!

Come on! Get GoodSearching! I will match all contributions. Anyone else want to join me?

I will join you Lisa. I will also match all contributions. :D

Come on people, lets start GoodSearching... :) It's up to $14.03 now.

jenluckenbach
01-21-2007, 06:19 AM
I will join you Lisa. I will also match all contributions. :D

Come on people, lets start GoodSearching... :) It's up to $14.03 now.
OH!! Thank you!! You ladies are just wonderful!

hhmmmm. I think I need to go search for something. ;)

jazzcat
01-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Wow Lorraine, now there are two matching funds, that is awesome!

I've been very busy searching. One thing I've been doing is even when I know the web address I search for the place through GoodSearch. Like for Amazon, I go there through GoodSearch.

I've been researching some medications and I still have a lot more to read up on so I'll keep searching.

kuhio98
01-21-2007, 12:54 PM
I will join you Lisa. I will also match all contributions. :D Thanks Lorraine!
That means everytime we use GoodSearch, One by One will receive 3 cents per search!

kuhio98
01-22-2007, 09:49 AM
LOL! I'm working on it, I have plenty of homework and have probably done about 200 esarches on goodsearch. :p LOL! Plus I got all my friends to use it as well as all the girls in my class. muh ha ha ha ha!
Good job! Thanks for spreading the word.

Reachoutrescue
01-22-2007, 09:55 AM
All I use is Goodsearch. I got my sis to use it too. What an awsome search engine!!

kuhio98
01-23-2007, 11:36 AM
We're doing great! Do you realize that we're just a few cents away from raising more money this month than all of 2006?!! Thank you for your continued support. Keep on GoodSearching!

August...............446.........$4.46
September..........343.........$3.43
October..............339.........$3.39
November...........320.........$3.20
December...........199.........$1.99
2006 Total.......1647.......$16.47

January 2007.....1611.......$16.11

kuhio98
01-24-2007, 10:20 AM
$17.26 so far!!!!! We broke the 2006 record!
With the donation from GoodSearch and matching donations from rg_girlca and myself, that's $51.78 so far. Anyone else want to match contributions?
1 week to go in the One By One GoodSearch challenge!

K & L
01-24-2007, 06:07 PM
I think this is such a wonderful thing you all are doing! Makes my heart swell knowing there are so many out there that care for the animals. I wish I could match donations, but our funds are pretty tight right now with all the sickness lately, and the cost of putting Scooter down. :( I can search though and hope this helps a bit. Congratulations at breaking the record!!

jazzcat
01-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Time to go pick your pockets Lisa and Lorraine, hehehe. :p

kuhio98
01-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Time to go pick your pockets Lisa and Lorraine, hehehe. :p :D :D :D

Just a few more days to go in the Pet Talk GOODSEARCH (http://www.goodsearch.com/) challenge. Thank you for your continued support of One By One (http://www.1by1catrescue.org/)

rg_girlca
01-27-2007, 04:08 PM
I can search though and hope this helps a bit.

By you doing this Lisa and everyone else is helping A LOT!!!.

Thank you all for helping break the record.

There is still time people, so please get those searches moving. :D

rosethecopycat
01-28-2007, 09:46 AM
What happened? :confused:

It's back down to $20.46????

kuhio98
01-28-2007, 11:20 AM
What happened? :confused:

It's back down to $20.46????I'm not sure. I never saw the $22 amount you saw earlier. They may have a way of monitoring repeated searches. Here's what I found on the website:

GoodSearch Terms of Service for Your Personal Use
Welcome! By using GoodSearch ("GoodSearch Services"), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service").

Content Linked to by GoodSearch
The sites displayed as search results or linked to by GoodSearch Services are developed by people over whom GoodSearch exercises no control. The search results that appear from GoodSearch's search engine partner's indices are indexed by GoodSearch's search engine partner's automated machinery and computers, and GoodSearch cannot and does not screen the sites before including them in the indices from which such automated search results are gathered. A search using GoodSearch Services may produce search results and links to sites that some people find objectionable, inappropriate, or offensive. We cannot guarantee that a GoodSearch search will not locate unintended or objectionable content and assume no responsibility for the content of any site included in any search results or otherwise linked to by the GoodSearch Services.

Personal Use Only
The GoodSearch Services are made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not use the GoodSearch Services to sell a product or service, or to increase traffic to your Web site for commercial reasons, such as advertising sales. You may not take the results from a GoodSearch search and reformat and display them, or mirror the GoodSearch home page or results pages on your Web site. You may not "meta-search" GoodSearch. If you want to make commercial use of the GoodSearch Services, you must enter into an agreement with GoodSearch to do so in advance. Please contact us for more information.

If you are interested in adding a GoodSearch search box to your web site or your company's web site, we encourage you to do so.

No Automated Querying
You may not send automated queries of any sort to GoodSearch's system. Note that "sending automated queries" includes, among other things:

Using any software which sends queries to GoodSearch to determine how a website or webpage "ranks" on GoodSearch's partner's search engines for various queries
"Meta-searching" GoodSearch
Performing "offline" searches on GoodSearch.

Prohibited Uses
You shall not, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to directly or indirectly generate queries, impressions of or clicks on any Search Results, Links and/or Ad(s) through any automated, deceptive, fraudulent or other invalid means, including but not limited to through repeated manual clicks, the use of robots or other automated query tools and/or computer generated search requests, and/or the unauthorized use of other search engine optimization services and/or software.

While not expressly prohibited, searches to URL’s (i.e., search terms ending in .com, .org, .net, .edu) as well as searches to sites for which the URL is well known such as HotMail, ESPN, MySpace, Facebook, GMail, AOL, etc. will not count toward a nonprofit’s total searches and revenue.

rosethecopycat
01-28-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm sorry, but I guess in my enthusiasm, I tried to 'stuff it'.

I hope it didn't hurt anything.

:(

kuhio98
01-28-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm sorry, but I guess in my enthusiasm, I tried to 'stuff it'.

I hope it didn't hurt anything.

:(Don't worry. It looks like everything is well. We're over $21 now. I'm off to search for information on stomatitis. I had never heard of it until Lizzie and Jen mentioned it. :)

jenluckenbach
01-29-2007, 08:06 PM
$23.04 (times 3)!! and 2 more days to go. :)

And don't forget to continue to use GoodSearch all through the year to help One by One cat rescue!

kuhio98
01-30-2007, 11:42 AM
$23.35 so far!
The GoodSearch Challenge for One By One ends at midnight tomorrow (Wednesday, January 31). With the matching funds from GoodSearch, rg_girlca and myself --- we're over $70! Keep on GoodSearching!

Reachoutrescue
01-30-2007, 12:38 PM
YAAAYYYY!! That is so awsome!!

kuhio98
01-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Time for the big push! January 31st is the last day of the One By One challenge. Please use GoodSearch to raise funds for the rescue.

kuhio98
01-31-2007, 11:12 AM
This is it! The final day of this challenge. We're very close to $25. Can we make $26 by midnight tonight? $27? $28?

Keep on GoodSearching (http://www.goodsearch.com/) for One By One (http://www.1by1catrescue.org/) !

kuhio98
01-31-2007, 02:14 PM
$25.18 so far!

Medusa
01-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Great idea! I use Dogpile because it combines Google, MSN, Yahoo, Ask, etc. but this is for furkids, so of course, it's a winner.

Blessings,
Mary

kuhio98
02-01-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks everyone! We raised a grand total of $25.79 for One By One through GoodSearch in January. rg_girlca and I will each be matching these funds. Thanks for your help and participation and Keep On GoodSearching!

jenluckenbach
02-01-2007, 05:02 AM
WOO HOO!!!! How wonderful!!! Thank you Lisa and Lorraine and ALL those who searched through GoodSearch. :)

rg_girlca
02-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks everyone for helping out and you're welcome Jen. :)

Reachoutrescue
02-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Great job guys! You two ladies are wonderful!! Just so you know, we are being added to the Goodsearch bar with in the next 90 days!!!