PDA

View Full Version : Movers are here

Sirrahsim
01-08-2007, 11:17 AM
The day has arrived! At this moment two strapping young men are unloading the crates that hold ALL of our things!! I'm so excited to see my couches and my computer desk and my kitchen things and Tyler is beside himself with joy over all of the toys that he hasn't seen since the first week of November.

So far we have a busted TV and lamp and 6 smooshed boxes. It could be a lot worse, right? :)

borzoimom
01-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Who busted the tv? If they did- they will pay for it- but write it down on the moving receipt.. ..

kuhio98
01-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Missy ~ Hopefully it won't get worse! When we moved to Alaska from Taiwan, instead of receiving our huge stereo cabinet, we received a box with a log in it! Military moves can be pretty "interesting". :rolleyes:

Lobodeb
01-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Sounds exciting!

Remind me where you're moving to?

Sirrahsim
01-08-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm living in Northern Texas now :)
We already have a list made up so we can just copy it down onto the paperwork. They told us that it was packed in the crate with a bunch of heavy things on top of it so that is most likely what happened. It was in excellent condition when they picked it up and was smashed when it got here so you are darn right they will pay for it :rolleyes: :D :D Thankfully it appears to be mostly cosmetic, the screen itself is unharmed so it MIGHT work for us until they fork over the money to replace it. They are almost done and nothing else appears damaged yet so I am hopeful that our claim will be minimal.

LOL at the box with a log in it!!!

borzoimom
01-08-2007, 01:34 PM
How are things in the crushed box?. lol.. ( moving is such fun, and its nice to have your things with you... ;) )

Cataholic
01-08-2007, 01:39 PM
I was thinking, "didn't they just move?", forgetting that movers both take away AND bring things back!

How lovely to have all your stuff again.

Sirrahsim
01-08-2007, 04:26 PM
They are long gone and we already have the kitchen mostly unpacked. I was very excited about cooking a real dinner in my kitchen tonight but after some excitement with our healthcare insurance people we didn't get as much unpacked as we had planned :rolleyes: Everything is taken care of with the insurance people but we are headed out to Olive Garden for dinner :D :D That is the next best thing to my homemade lasagna :) So far everything inside the boxes has been very well packed and not a single dish was broken :) :) :)