PDA

View Full Version : How do you PT?

Lobodeb
01-08-2007, 10:59 AM
I have just now (after being here for 2 + years) started seeing/using some of the cool tools of this forum. For example, I didn't know you could subscribe to a thread without replying. And I just learned about the User CP to catch up on the latest replies to my thread subscriptions. I'm thinking about taking off the e-mail notifications now because of this. And my spam protection is so high on my e-mail, that I often don't get notifications.

What are some cool tricks/tools you use to PT?

borzoimom
01-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Well mine seems silly- but I love the ease in posting pictures..

lute
01-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Well mine seems silly- but I love the ease in posting pictures..
i'm with you. it's so easy to post pics and links.

critter crazy
01-08-2007, 12:32 PM
i'm with you. it's so easy to post pics and links.
Absolutely agree!

I have turned off the E-mail notifications, only because i would get so many, and i am on here tons during the day anyways, so there wasnt much point!! Yes i know, i have no life!:D

Randi
01-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I normally have the Dog and Pet Forums closed on the Index page, as I rarely go there. You do that by clicking on the two little arrows under the sections. However, I do see the titles once I go to Today's Posts. I normally start there.

I like the feauture where you can click on Replies, or Views in each of the Forums to see the most "replied to" threads. That can be useful when you're looking for one of them - instead of doing a Search.

cassiesmom
01-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Not as effectively as I might! Thank you for the lesson!

critter crazy
01-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I like to see all the posts in all the sections so i usually use the new Posts button alot, i find it alot easier than just stayiong in on sectione versus the other. Since i like to see everything!:D

Alysser
01-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Probably everyone knows about this, but I love recieving PM's. :D

GreyhoundGirl
01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
The search tool. ;) Very handy!

Kfamr
01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
I normally have the Dog and Pet Forums closed on the Index page, as I rarely go there. You do that by clicking on the two little arrows under the sections.

I would have NEVER noticed this! I rarely go to Cat Generl so I minimized that. Makes a lot less to scroll over! Love it.

borzoimom
01-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Me too! It gives me a chance to explain something in more detail that fits a certain situation verses being read by someone that they think might apply to their situation ( like the raw diet issue..or behaviors and training issues, or even prayers for personal problems someone may have.) I got so many pm's recently when I was ill, and it sure did make me feel better thats for sure.
And let me say this- all the site options in the world is one thing- its the people that make a site, and I am so happy here! .. ( imo)..

Logan
01-08-2007, 01:56 PM
OMG! :o I never have learned how to even post color and bold type at the same time, let alone all this other stuff you guys have mentioned! :o I've been at Pet Talk forever and obviously, I know nothing!!!!! :p

DrKym
01-08-2007, 02:03 PM
LOL Im with Logan! I have nada clue ! Donna (moosmom is trying to teach me how to quote sone one since i still copy/paste it :rolleyes: ) So if I get a pic up I celebrate with champagne!

Logan
01-08-2007, 02:09 PM
LOL!!!! I do know how to quote! Ha Ha!!!!!! :) I'm one up on you, Dr. Goodnow!!!! :)

DrKym
01-08-2007, 02:12 PM
ROFL! yes you are actually several up as I have no idea about siggys etc so my posts stay boring! no cutsies at the bottom :( No adorable critter pics :( just boring ol me :eek: and you may quote that! LOL

cyber-sibes
01-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I You do that by clicking on the two little arrows under the sections.Hey, that's pretty cool! There's some things I never go to either. so...Done.

To post pictures -
Upload your pictures to a site like Photobucket (it's free). Then, copy the line labeled url address from under the picture you want to post.
Next, come to PT and hit reply to what you want to reply to. Hit the little mountain icon right about the text box (see it?), and paste the url into the pop-up block. (The one you copied from Photobucket). Finish typing your message, hit submit reply, and voila!

To use color, size, bold, italics, or underline -
Type your message. Then highlight with your curser, and tap B, or I , or U , (above text box) or hit the size or color drop down boxes & select color or size. You can do any of these together on the same type, but you have to do them one at a time. Just be sure each time you highlight your text, you include the codes at both ends of the message text before you do hit the buttons. :D

Logan
01-08-2007, 02:16 PM
ROFL! yes you are actually several up as I have no idea about siggys etc so my posts stay boring! no cutsies at the bottom :( No adorable critter pics :( just boring ol me :eek: and you may quote that! LOL

Lesson #1 (and only)!!!! :)

I clicked on "quote" at the bottom of your last post, and Voila!!!! There it is!!!! :D

The other thing you can do is copy what you want to quote and when you start a new reply, click on the little "quotation" icon (the last one on the right, above the message box) and then paste in what you copied. :D

Does that help??

Your fellow "know nothing".
Logan

DrKym
01-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Lesson #1 (and only)!!!! :)

I clicked on "quote" at the bottom of your last post, and Voila!!!! There it is!!!! :D

The other thing you can do is copy what you want to quote and when you start a new reply, click on the little "quotation" icon (the last one on the right, above the message box) and then paste in what you copied. :D

Does that help??

Your fellow "know nothing".
Logan
ROFL tyvm *bows to the simplicity* I thought that was for inserting quotes like so many have at the bottom of the page :o goes to get dunce cap back on :rolleyes:

Eternally Gratefull
Kym

DrKym
01-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Hey, that's pretty cool! There's some things I never go to either. so...Done.

To post pictures -
Upload your pictures to a site like Photobucket (it's free). Then, copy the url address from under the picture you want to post.
Next, come to PT and hit reply to what you want to reply to. Hit the little mountain icon right about the text box (see it?), and paste the url into the pop-up block. (The one you copied from Photobucket). Finish typing your message, hit submit reply, and voila!

To use color, size, bold, italics, or underline -
Type your message. Then highlight with your curser, and tap B, or I , or U , (above text box) or hit the size or color drop down boxes & select color or size. You can do any of these together on the same type, but you have to do them one at a time. Just be sure each time you highlight your text, you include the codes at both ends of the message text before you do hit the buttons. :D

Amazing, I am learning more in a Day than I did messing with it alone for 6 months!

TY TY!

Kym

Randi
01-08-2007, 02:51 PM
You can actually click on all of them, one after the other, and then eg. bold etc. - and then start typing. All you have to do is to remeber to close all tags when you're finished. ;)

To Quote only part of the text, the easiest way is to click the Quote icon on the text you want to quote, and then delete from the text what you don't want to quote. We normally only want to quote part of the text, right?

Logan!! :eek: I never knew you didn't know, you should have asked years ago! :D

Freedom
01-08-2007, 04:03 PM
You can actually click on all of them, one after the other, and then eg. bold etc. - and then start typing. All you have to do is to remeber to close all tags when you're finished. ;)

To Quote only part of the text, the easiest way is to click the Quote icon on the text you want to quote, and then delete from the text what you don't want to quote. We normally only want to quote part of the text, right?

Logan!! :eek: I never knew you didn't know, you should have asked years ago! :D

OMG it WORKS! It REALLY works! I LOVE this thread!!!!