PDA

View Full Version : Need Info on Vet's Assistant course.

Kalei
01-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out if I really want to take a Vet's Assistant course or not, I am choosing between taking english major in University to become a teacher or to take Vet's Assistant because I love animals so much. I was just wondering if anyone here is a vet's assistant and has any info on it or if just anyone in particular here has any thing they know about the course and the job and what its like. It would be very helpful, thank you so much:)

Kalei
01-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Bump??

Kalei
01-08-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm guessing no body on here is a vet's assistant.

Logan
01-08-2007, 01:59 PM
There are times that I think I ought to be, but I'm no help. Hopefully someone will step forward and be able to answer your question. Most likely, all of those in the US and Canada are work, right now, though! :)

CathyBogart
01-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Is this Vet assistant or Vet Tech?

I'm going through the Vet Tech program at my school and I highly recommend it. Vet Assisting doesn't get you a degree so you don't get paid as much and there's less that you are able to do. It can still be very rewarding though.

I know what a tech's job is like, but not an assistant, sorry.

Sevaede
01-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Have you tried looking into taking some of the online courses? They send you the stuff and then near the end you have to go work with a vet who evaluates your performance and the like. I am thinking about doing that myself! :D

Zippy
01-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I thought Vet tech and Vet assistant were the same thing??? :confused:

Kalei
01-08-2007, 03:48 PM
This is Vet Assistant, the Vet Tech sounds good too though, the only problem is that I have to live on a campus which isn't bad, it just means more money. Thanks for the info though guys and for certainly trying to help me out:D