PDA

View Full Version : Blitz! Blitz! It's the Bichon Blitz!

Freedom
01-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Sugar FINALLY did the Bichon Blitz this morning! OMG, it is SO funny, I LOVE it!

She was getting excited here in the house, and I thought she had to "go." So I took her out to the back yard.

And she started dashing up and down, round and round. Figure 8's, circles and ovals. On all the turns, her rear paws were kicking up grass and dirt. She didn't care, didn't stop, just kept romping, with a big goofy grin on her face! I was clapping and jumping up and down in place and she kept this up for at least 4 minutes, maybe a little longer. She stopped once, just to shake all over from stem to stern, then off she raced again. I was laughing and giggling and saying "Go, Sugar!" but she didn't need any egging on!

Sorry no pics, I would need a video to capture this white blur!

Sure hope it won't be 4 weeks before the next Blitz!

Wow, that's right, she's been here 4 weeks yesterday! I often think of that message her foster mom sent me just after she arrived. I told her Sugar is in our laps and keeps pawing for more petting. And she sent a message that said, "Yup. you got the right dog, that's the one I sent." Yup, I got the right dog for us, for SURE!
--
Sandie

borzoimom
01-07-2007, 07:38 PM
SHE MUST REALLY FEEL AT HOME! ohhh I wish we had a video.. lol.. I love the blitz! Love it!!!

kimlovescats
01-07-2007, 08:02 PM
YAY for Sugar! I could just *see* it in my head!!! How cute! Sugar must really feel at home now! :D

molucass
01-07-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm pretty sure you are talking about the same thing though I've never heard it called that. I guess the reason why is because I've never been around bichons, but in pit bulls and in other breeds too, its called the zoomies!

Dogs are so cute when they tuck their butt under and take off just flying across the yard or house.

Freedom
01-07-2007, 08:37 PM
I read about it on several different bichon sites. Maybe the name "Bichon Blitz" is just so cute that's how it stuck.

In the HOUSE? OMG, not sure we are dog proofed for THAT! LOL!

Muddy4paws
01-08-2007, 03:30 AM
lol :) I told you shes settled in well! :p

elizabethann
01-08-2007, 01:51 PM
How cool. I can't wait to see some video of the BLITZ!

Freedom
01-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Er, gee, you could be waiting a WHILE! I don't have a video camera, still pondering whether to get a digital camera for stills! There's nothing like a few wonderful pets and a great pet forum of friends to make you want all these things, to "show the pet antics off to everyone!"

eurobichons
01-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Sugar FINALLY did the Bichon Blitz this morning! OMG, it is SO funny, I LOVE it!

She was getting excited here in the house, and I thought she had to "go." So I took her out to the back yard.

And she started dashing up and down, round and round. Figure 8's, circles and ovals. On all the turns, her rear paws were kicking up grass and dirt. She didn't care, didn't stop, just kept romping, with a big goofy grin on her face! I was clapping and jumping up and down in place and she kept this up for at least 4 minutes, maybe a little longer. She stopped once, just to shake all over from stem to stern, then off she raced again. I was laughing and giggling and saying "Go, Sugar!" but she didn't need any egging on!

Sorry no pics, I would need a video to capture this white blur!

Sure hope it won't be 4 weeks before the next Blitz!

Wow, that's right, she's been here 4 weeks yesterday! I often think of that message her foster mom sent me just after she arrived. I told her Sugar is in our laps and keeps pawing for more petting. And she sent a message that said, "Yup. you got the right dog, that's the one I sent." Yup, I got the right dog for us, for SURE!
--
Sandie

Its great when they start doing the Blitz, we run a Bichons site
www.eurobichons.com
and we have lots of fun listening to owners old and new describe their own bichon doing the blitz.we love it here when our 14 dogs all do the race track, its absolutely fabulous.