PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit Ears and TV - any tips?

Catty1
01-07-2007, 07:33 PM
I am not much of a TV watcher and don't want to fork out for cable.

I got some new rabbit ears that plug directly into the co-axial on the TV. I get pictures...but too much of one colour, moving the ears around every which way...double edges on image(sound is good, however).

I may have to buckle and get a cheap deal...but are there any basic pointers on using the "ears" I might know before I return them? :(

Thanks!

Freckles
01-07-2007, 07:40 PM
There are color adjustments on the TV you can make.

Catty1
01-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks....I will look for them...not too familiar with this TV, it was my sister's.

Thanks again!

Catty1
01-07-2007, 09:20 PM
I found the controls...they weren't a ton of help. I talked with another friend, and he says that the reception here might be crappy because my town is in a VALLEY....hm, makes sense!

So...I will take these things back tomorrow, and see what other ideas they are.

The two main cable companies in the city have packages that include TV, internet, and local phone....but they are not available in my little town yet! :mad:

Will look at the satellite dish possibility...

Sheesh...all I wanted was TWO CHANNELS! :)

Pembroke_Corgi
01-08-2007, 09:54 AM
We just have rabbit ears, too. What I've found is that by fiddling (moving to different spots, etc), you can usually get one or two channels to come in decently, but they won't all come in that well. On our tv we just fiddle with them whenever we want to watch a program on a specific channel.

I don't watch much tv either, so paying for cable seems like a waste! Plus, I don't need another sedentary distraction, I've got enough already!

Catty1
01-08-2007, 10:27 AM
I was going to return the RE's today, but bent one of the pieces...now it won't slide back in... :( It'll break if I try any harder

Anyway, a pal here at work says balls of tin foil on the antennae ends works, so I will try that.

If I can just GET the 2 channels to come through I will be happy.

Want to watch the Mercer Report, and the debut of Little Mosque on the Prairie (go to cbc.ca for trailers and info - the latter looks hilarious!)