PDA

View Full Version : The Great Edscape

RICHARD
01-07-2007, 01:41 PM
The Great Edscape-Color-90 minutes (2007) Rated Mature.

In this remake of the classic World War II escape story Edward D Katz
stars in the role made famous by Steve Mc Queen.

Katz stars in his debut as a leading man and director. The film starts with Katz in a prisoner of war camp somewhere in Cah lee fuh nee ah.

Ed makes his escape from the gulag run by his father, Richard, by waiting until
his dad leaves. By using guile, and some really clever camera work, he manages to knock the curtain down and scale the window. He works a circulation fan from it mountings, loosens a window screen and manages to go out on delightful romp outdoors.

His Father, sensing something is not right at home, enters the Edster's cell and finds him gone.

After the escapee alarm is sounded, the Edster is caught, on the roof hiding near the branches of an oleander tree. The Edster, trapped, with nowhere to go, is coaxed down from his perch with threats, dirty words and the help of an aluminun ladder.

The highlight of this film is the stunt work by Katz and the character actor playing his dad. The scene where ED walks along the edge of the roof, only to stop inches from his captor's hands, is one of the most breathtaking and dangerous ever put to celluliod. The shot of the Dad's feet, clad only in Bertula sandals as he made his way, step by step, up the ladder will leave any audience member fidgeting in his or her seat.

I gave it 3 stars.

This film is rated M for some graphic language and threats of violence.

NO animals were harmed during the filiming of this miovie.

Barbara
01-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Send me a DVD- I have to see this movie ;)

Lizzie
01-07-2007, 02:34 PM
The Great Edscape-Color-90 minutes (2007) Rated Mature.

The shot of the Dad, clad only in Bertula sandals as he made his way, step by step, up the ladder will leave any audience member fidgeting in his or her seat.

I gave it 3 stars.

This film is rated M for some graphic language and threats of violence.

NO animals were harmed during the filiming of this miovie.

And with a little editing, and what move escapes without this, it is now at least X-rated. ;)

Killearn Kitties
01-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Oh yes, yes! We need to see the DVD. It will be every bit as exciting as Touching the Void! :D

catmandu
01-07-2007, 03:09 PM
That Sounds Like A Nail Biter, And Edster Sounds As Though He Has Found His Break Out Role.
Edster , Star Of The Future
Has A Ring To It, Doesnt It.

catcrazylady
01-07-2007, 04:14 PM
That was Hilarious! The things these critters put us through! Great visuals Richard. :D

No DVD for me....the movies are never as good as the book! ;) :)

Dorothy39
01-07-2007, 04:27 PM
That is a *Must See*~ Classic Escape and Nabbed Again Movie!!!!

I'll see if I can find it on Pay per view!!!!

Freedom
01-07-2007, 04:28 PM
I think a new movie SCRIPT WRITER has been born: RICHARD!

That was wonderful. Um, if it really happened, s o r r y. Guess the circulating fan will be set up differently in future!

cassiesmom
01-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Edster Sounds As Though He Has Found His Break Out Role.

LOL! Go, Ed D. Katz!

slick
01-08-2007, 04:49 PM
The shot of the Dad's feet, clad only in Bertula sandals as he made his way, step by step, up the ladder will leave any audience member fidgeting in his or her seat. Was Dad wearing pants??? :p :D