PDA

View Full Version : One of those mornings...

zippy-kat
06-20-2002, 12:12 PM
After having gone 2 days with a total of 7 hrs of light sleep, I *finally* rested really, really well last night. Unfortunately(?), it was the influence of an allergy pill. At any rate, Sophie did wake me about 4am:
"Momma wakez uppiez and playz!"
"No. I don't feel well."
"'K I'll playz by myself!" and off in the floor she went. 15min later--right as I was beginning to fall back asleep--she hurled herself full force onto my chest. "Betcha yer awakiez now, huh?"
She spent the rest of the night in bunny jail. :rolleyes:

I finally drug myself out of bed around 10:15, went to the kitchen to make tea and....stepped in cold hairball....:eek:

I guess it's true: Some days you step in it, some days you don't....:rolleyes: ;)

Edwina's Secretary
06-20-2002, 12:19 PM
go back to bed.....:D :D :D

purrley
06-20-2002, 12:50 PM
Thank goodness it was just a hair ball - I can think of alot worse;)

Former User
06-20-2002, 01:11 PM
Awww, got to clean first thing in the morning, isn't that just brilliant? ;) :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-20-2002, 01:19 PM
Chester feels sorry for Miz Sophie. We went through a similar situation a while ago sans hairball. He too ended up in jail. Are we mean mommies to want to sleep once in a while?:D

Cinder & Smoke
06-20-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
and....stepped in a cold hairball.... :eek:

I guess it's true: Some days you step in it, some days you don't....:rolleyes: ;)

We're jest wunderin :confused: ~

Are WARM Hairballs more pleasant to tromp on? :p

Dad's been known ta get purdy *Krankee* :mad: when he finds a *pee puddle* wiffa socky footsie :eek: onna Ranch floor...
Seems like the Warmer it is, the louder :mad: he hollurz!

Jest wunderin... :rolleyes:

Freckles
06-20-2002, 02:08 PM
and the cold ones get my attention quicker. Why do pets always choose to leave them in normal pathways?

ramanth
06-20-2002, 02:43 PM
We get.....

mouse heads on the Welcome Mat
vomit on the kitchen floor
and hairballs in the hallway......

the joy of living with 5 cats.... ;) :D :p

aly
06-20-2002, 03:28 PM
I agree... go back to bed!!!!

Tonya, I just wanted to tell you that we got a SWEET bunny abandoned at the shelter where I work. Since we only deal with cats and dogs, we usually send everything else to a rescue or to the city shelter ASAP. Well, we all fell in love with this sweet bunny and no one wanted to call the city shelter (all rabbit rescues are full right now). So we ended up caring for her and a rescue put her picture on their site so they could find her a home. Anyway, it was so cute because she LOVED to be pet sooo much that if we stopped for just a second, she'd THUMP THUMP THUMP away. I kept thinking of Sophie :)

Edwina's Secretary
06-20-2002, 03:44 PM
I want to meet a bunny.

zippy-kat
06-20-2002, 03:48 PM
ohhhh...aly has the bun found a home yet?

just to clarify...Clarice kat was the guilty party for the hairball...bunnies get hairballs but unfortunately can't throw them up.

zippy-kat
06-20-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I want to meet a bunny.

You should!! Hmmm...perhaps, you should meet a "homeless" bunny. I'll bet Edwina would have a playmate in no time! ;)

aly
06-20-2002, 03:53 PM
Yup... bunny found a home. She was the sweetest thing. There's no way she could've remained homeless for long.

Logan
06-20-2002, 04:57 PM
I forgot you were at home, Tonya, and when you said it was a cat hairball, I was thinking you must have given in and gotten one of those special kitties!!! :D Poor Clarice....she just had to get it out. I sympathize with you though....if there is going to be a mess, whether it be hairballs, throw up or something else....I'm going to step in it in my bare feet, everytime!!!! :D

NoahsMommy
06-20-2002, 05:22 PM
I totally thought you meant Sophie did that...I was in utter confusion...."why don't my bunnies do that!?!?" ;)

Poor kitty...Noah did that last night (poor thing) and it also involved throwup...yea....THAT was fun to clean up! :eek: Anyway, my hubby said "Why cant he do that on the kitchen or entryway floor? Always on the carpet!!" :rolleyes:

06-22-2002, 02:11 PM
:confused: why on the carpet :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

is easy !!! when Noah does it on the carpet , he is at least sure you are gonna step in it ,even more bare-foot !!!
lol !:rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :D

wayne0214
06-22-2002, 06:14 PM
Tiger used to raise a ruckous at about 1:30 AM every morning, wishing to get me out of bed. The last morning she did this, of course I got up to feed her (and attempted to ignore the others). But then, after all of her noise making and jumping on me, she did not eat anything, but of necessity, I had to feed something to the others. So, the next time Tiger attempted to get me up an some odd hour in the early morning, I simply ignored her and also she got a squirt from the handy bottle to make her calm down. This corrected her behavior, and now she sleeps through the early morning hours like the rest of my firkids, usually on the bed covers. :)

.............wayne

krazyaboutkatz
06-22-2002, 09:14 PM
I've stepped in both hairballs and throwup before. http://www.gifs.net/animate/thecatsign.gifhttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/pukeb.GIFCats always seem to do this in the places where you're going to walk.http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/eek9.gif