PDA

View Full Version : Finally checking in....again!

catcrazylady
01-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Between the holidays, the shelter (no holidays there) and hubby and I trading the flu back and forth I haven't been able to check in lately.

We are all doing well now. During this time there is a new addition to the house. Yes, another one!!!!
I spotted a new feral mom and two babies near my house. I tried to approach them but couldn't get within 20 feet of mom and one of the babies, but the other one wanted to come to me. Due to traffic I stopped trying to catch it and waited until the next day. I went out to feed the next day and I see the mom and babies across the street. I squatted down on the porch and called them and the little buff baby came running right into my arms! I should have known then that something wasn't right. A feral that willing to come to me??? Well it turns out the little guy isn't very bright at all. He had a very snotty nose and couldn't figure out how to eat. I kept hoping that it was just because he couldn't smell it. He was also terrified of a litter box! The vet had to manually empty his bladder because he just wouldn't go. She says I love to present her with challenges because this was a first for her. :rolleyes:
Anyway, we started heavy duty meds and syringe fed the little guy for weeks. Finally on Christmas Eve he ate his first solid food!!!! Two days later the litter box didn't seem so scary and he's now using that too. He almost has the appearance of a Down Syndrome child.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid222/p4e1a34667035dcd9f94397d98a18798b/eb3893ff.jpg

Now don't yell at me about his name! It was done as a joke in the beginning before I really realized that this little guy does seem to have some mental issues. I started calling him Igmo or Iggymo and it has stuck.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid222/p2bb4af076c25043b6f43a5aa89e2a245/eb388be9.jpg

He now eats on his own and uses the litter box. He plays well with the other kittens but he has trouble figuring most things out. He should fit in just fine here. ;)
Welcome Igmo!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid222/p54f83c55f0b12e726fbdaa390e81f5b1/eb389364.jpg

Leroy is still playing "mom" to the babies. Freddy thinks Leroy is Da Bomb! He snuggles with Leroy every chance he gets and makes happy feet all over Leroy. Leroy seems to enjoy his "massages".

Freddy and Leroy
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid222/p923b84898636ed63bec45d2886c2c3ce/eb389261.jpg

Leroy, Freddy, and Cheerio (no name finally got named by daddy)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid222/p7b095818288ef73a415325c14f3aa205/eb3891ef.jpg

Leroy and Freddy again
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid222/p8dd4522205bd73af9289286762cf1dfe/eb388c54.jpg

Here are the three sharing a nap in the sunshine.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid222/p76fa0215d15e9621e44ca42007969dab/eb3892de.jpg

And through it all Magoo just takes it in stride. He searches out the warm spot in the bed or finds a sunbeam and lets life go on. He does on occasion play with the little ones but mostly just Abigail. We still play our chase game where he runs around the house with me after him. We snuggle on occasion (when he allows) and he seems pretty happy.

The Gooster in his sunbeam
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid222/p25e9c228f8aafb7a45b9f5362b56d404/eb388cd8.jpg

That about catches you guys up with me so now I need to go get caught up with everyone else.
(((HUGS)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Awwwww, what a sweetie!!! Will you also try to catch his mommy and the other siblings?

Thanks for all the great pics!! And... awwwwwwwww , MAGOO http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/newsmilies12cute%20cat.bmp

jenluckenbach
01-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Igmo (excuse me for a moment..... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....OK, I am back) has the most gorgeous green eyes! :D :D

sandragonfly
01-07-2007, 09:20 AM
welcome back!! ...again. ;)

picture of three sunshines just gave me some warm goosebumps! it's pretty chilly here where we are.

baby orangies honestly remind me of my baby miles. :( but, happy to see one alive. :)

thanks for sharing, and merry new year to everyone! (especially to imgo for liking litter now!) :D

catnapper
01-07-2007, 09:22 AM
I think I've died and landed in orangie heaven!!! With Leroy as King of the orangies! *kisses* to that handsome sweetie

kuhio98
01-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Well, Igmo may be a little slow in some ways, but he was sure smart enough to run to you. ;) What a beautiful boy. And look at all those beautiful orangies in the house!

DrKym
01-07-2007, 09:37 AM
HOW ADORABLE! Igmo looks like Io as a baby.........course Io has braindamage too... He is entirely too cute! Love all the other pics too.

trayi52
01-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Igmo is just adorable! Good to see the crew again. Glad to see you posting and catching up with us here.

It was really great seeing Mcgoo, just don't see enough of that sweet little fellow. I would really love to see more, and hear more of him.

Willie :)

moosmom
01-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Lisa,

Thanks for the update. They are adorable! The Gooster looks great!

RedHedd
01-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Aww! I'm in orangie heaven! Thanks for the update. Little Igmo's story had me LOL'ing - reminds me of my Mishi, who ain't too bright either, but we love him just the same. I call him my big goofy goon. Mishi had some head trauma before I adopted him. He gets along just fine and makes me laugh sometimes at his goofiness. Welcome little Ig!

Grace
01-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Well, Igmo may be a little slow in some ways, but he was sure smart enough to run to you.

Exactly what my husband said when he heard the story and saw the picture. He knew a good thing when he saw it, and wants to make sure he is included in all the fun and love.

Randi
01-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Awww, what a cutie Iggymo is!! Glad to hear he's settling in, he certainly came to the right home! :)

Also good to see the rest snugged up, and Magoo enjoying the sunshine. :)

Kisses to them all!

kimlovescats
01-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Another precious little BUFF! I just love Igmo!!! He does have beautiful green eyes!!!

Those two little orangies are absolutely precious too .... I just know that is how my special boy Redfurd must have looked when he was a little tyke! :D

Congrats on the newest baby and I'm sure it won't be long before you woo mom and the others too! ;)

Scooter's Mom
01-07-2007, 12:30 PM
How wonderful of you to have rescued Igmo! He's a cutie for sure. Good luck with him.

I love all of your kitties!

sirrahbed
01-07-2007, 12:31 PM
YAY!! A CCL update :D

Iggymo is absolutely adorable and his name is hysterical - I love it!

Momma Leroy is something else isn't he? I think he is so sweet to be good to those babies - and they seem to adore him. That Freddy is a dollbaby, too.

But, the story of Iggymo is my favorite and gave me a good chuckle and then a happy warm feeling. I bet that little orangie will bring you lots of love. :)

Prairie Purrs
01-07-2007, 12:49 PM
The picture of the orangie babies sprawled across Leroy is beyond precious! :D

And little Iggymo has such a sweet face. Kisses to him (and the Gooster).

Barbara
01-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Igmo may not be the sharpest pencil in the box- but he has movie star qualities in the looks:)

Thanks for sending picture of your orange crew :)

catmandu
01-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Micheal , Miquelito Sparky and the Porch Orange Angels are so pleased and delighted that you gave Iggymo a great Furr Ever Home, and hes on his way to be a member of The Orange Cat Army.
May God Bless You, for helping the helpless.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/cats101028.jpg
The Found Cats on the Moose Angel Cloud Pillow.

catcrazylady
01-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Ok, you guys are right, he's smarter than I am giving him credit for since he found his way in here! :rolleyes: Maybe I'm the one thats not to bright? ;)

Here are a few examples of how Igmo got his name....

Now that he's eating he will still come to me and cry. I have to pick him up and carry him the two feet to the food bowl. :rolleyes:

Christmas the house was full of rambunctious kids. The hardwood floor in the living room becomes an instant dance floor and the noise is out of control. Heck I can't hardly stand it!! No cat is in sight with all this hoopla, except Igmo who is right in the middle of it all. He is chasing the kids to the point that they become afraid of him. Jacob, 7 years old, becomes terrified of this crazy kitten and runs through the house screaming because Igmo won't stop chasing him! :eek: The chase ends with Jacob running full speed around the dinner table and Igmo in hot pursuit. :rolleyes: After the third round somebody managed to grab the screaming Jacob, hubby grabbed Igmo, and we got the two seperated. We had to lock Igmo away to keep him from getting hurt and terrorizing the kids!!! Remember....he's supposed to be FERAL!

Wet food time in the morning and evening. Igmo comes with all the other kitties and hangs out in the kitchen while it's prepared. He is usually at my feet waiting with the rest of them. Now I go to the same feeding stations, in the same order every time. All cats go to their spots except Igmo who is still standing by the stove looking at the wall, waiting. :rolleyes: I have to pick him up and take him to the same spot every time.

I wonder if he will ever figure things out. ;) Its a good thing he's cute! :D

Freedom
01-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Oh baby Iggy is so sweet! And, being out in the wild with mom and sib, he KNEW he needed more help than they could give him long term. THAT is amazing!

I hope you are successful getting mom and the other kitten, also.

catlover4ever
01-07-2007, 04:45 PM
As always I LOVE SEEING YOUR GANG!!!!

I melted when I saw Freddy, Leroy and Cheerio all cuddled up together. I love hearing about Magoo and how life just goes on...it's the same thing here...G&G and life goes on.

And I can not stop laughing thinking about Igmo chasing a little boy around the house!!! Too funny.

jennielynn1970
01-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Igmo (excuse me for a moment..... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....OK, I am back) has the most gorgeous green eyes! :D :D

Ok, I don't get it... what's wrong with his name??? Having a blonde moment right now. :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
01-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Ok, I don't get it... what's wrong with his name??? Having a blonde moment right now. :rolleyes:
I don't suppose there is anything wrong with his name. I never actually HEARD the name before. But it struck me funny (and it is my sworn duty to tease Lisa. :p)

catcrazylady
01-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Well, I have heard the term "Igmo" used as slang for someone who is ignorant. Maybe it's a stupid southern/Kentucky word? Anyway, I didn't want anyone to think I was making fun of his possible mental disabilities. In the beginning I just thought he was silly but now I think it's a bit more than that. The name had already stuck even though it started out as a joke.

I hope that kind of explains it. :)

Hey Jen, I bet this is the only time you ever see that name pinned on a pet!!! :D

jennielynn1970
01-07-2007, 06:29 PM
OOOOOH! See, and I'm sitting going, "It could mean ignorant, but that would be IGNO". Up here in PA, the kids in our area more than likely would call someone with a brain injury a SPED (special Ed) or something along those lines.

Prairie Purrs
01-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Now that he's eating he will still come to me and cry. I have to pick him up and carry him the two feet to the food bowl. :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm . . . sounds like the little guy is clever enough to have figured out how to train his meowmie to carry him around. ;)

jazzcat
01-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Lisa, it's good to see you posting and to get an update.

What an adorable kitty Igmo is and I like his name. Richard and I both got a good laugh from that. From the sounds of it I think he would fit in here quite well.

Glad to hear you no name kitten finally got a name too. I like it!

Hope you will have more time to keep us up to date and share pictures of all your gang.

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the update Lisa.:) Congrats on your new addition!!! He's so adorable.:) I'm also glad to hear that no name finally has a name. The pictures of Leroy with his little brothers is priceless and it's great to see Magoo again too.:)

K & L
01-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Lisa he's adorable. Isn't it amazing how these cats just keep finding us! :) I will watch for updates on this little guy.

We had the flu also and boy was it a rough one. Glad you're feeling better.