PDA

View Full Version : I received a very special gift today!!(NEW UPDATE in post 39)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-06-2007, 07:14 AM
This morning I received a very special gift!! As I was laying down on the couch, it was my daughter Indra who opened the door. It was a man from a local flowershop with a gift for me!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/flowers2.jpg
the included note:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/flowers3.jpg

Dear Denise, Karen and Jen, THANK YOU so much for this thoughtful gift!! You all know how much I adore flowers :)
This really made my day!!!

a closer view
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/flowers1.jpg

in a vase
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/flowers4.jpg

THANKS A MILLION !!!!!

ps. For those who don't know what this all about:
I am suffering from a pinched nerve in my back. The nerve is not trapped anymore, but is severily inflamed, which is giving terrible painshoots in my left leg. I got 2 root-infiltration shots 2 weeks ago. But as the pain is all back, I am getting 2 more injections next tuesday.... . Let's hope it will work for a longer time now....! That is the reason why I haven't been posting on PT lately. Sitting on a chair is a big pain-trigger. So lots of "horizental" resting for me...!
Thanks again for the flowers, they brought a bright smile from ear to ear on my face :)

Daisy and Delilah
01-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Awwwww!!! They're beautiful, Lut!! I hope you feel better soon :) That was so nice of them :)

joycenalex
01-06-2007, 09:53 AM
lute, i'm feeling your pain, i hope the next set of shots work for you. lovely flowers (hugs) joyce

sandragonfly
01-06-2007, 09:59 AM
which karen and which jen?? :p

nice surprise and pretty, I'm happy they made you smile!! :) :)

does pink tulips mean anything?

JenBKR
01-06-2007, 10:46 AM
YAY you got them! I'm so glad that you like them. We just wanted to let you know how much we love you and are always thinking about you. (And of course we need you to get better soon, we miss our long chats ;) )

Bengalz
01-06-2007, 10:50 AM
The flowers are so lovely and must have given you a much needed lift :D Feel better soon - we miss your good cheer and those gorgeous girls :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-06-2007, 11:19 AM
which karen and which jen?? :p

JenBkr(=Jen) , Killearn Kitties(=Karen), and of course Brody's Mum(=Denise)

I don't think that pink tulips have a special meaning. Anyway, I LOVE them!!! :)

shais_mom
01-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Those are Beautiful!
I hope these shots help you.
My dad had back surgery end of November and in the process a nerve got inflamed so he's been dealing with the same thing except that they can't give him the injections b/c of the recent surgery.
((hugs to you))

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-06-2007, 11:25 AM
a nerve got inflamed so he's been dealing with the same thing except that they can't give him the injections b/c of the recent surgery.
((hugs to you))

OMG, I feel really sorry for him!! Do you have any idea of on what level he had surgery?
The disc causing problems is on L5-S1; 3 years ago, I had surgery too: the disc on L4-L5 was replaced by an artificial disc!

shais_mom
01-06-2007, 11:33 AM
OMG, I feel really sorry for him!! Do you have any idea of on what level he had surgery?
The disc causing problems is on L5-S1; 3 years ago, I had surgery too: the disc on L4-L5 was replaced by an artificial disc!
I believe his was L4-L5- They had to put in rods along the side and pins for when they pulled the spine back in place. He isn't having any "back" pain- he feels well enough with that - but its the inflamed nerve that is causing him the most pain. It isn't near as bad as it was the week after surgery tho - the Sunday following surgery he was sobbing by the time he got back to the bed from the bathroom. :( He is improving everyday - Thanks Lut for asking- but I didn't mean to "hiJack" YOUR thread! :)
{hugs}

lizbud
01-06-2007, 11:35 AM
The roses are gorgeous Lut. :) What a sweet thing for friends to do
for you.I always thought the unexpected gifts are especially special.

Hope you are feeling better soon. :)

Randi
01-06-2007, 11:43 AM
What a nice bouquet of tulips, that was very sweet. :)

I hope the next shot will help you be free of pain. Good luck on tuesday!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-06-2007, 12:59 PM
The roses are gorgeous Lut. :)

He he, these are tulips, Lizbud ;) :)

Cataholic
01-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Beautiful! Tulips are among my fave flowers, and the colour is simply gorgeous! What thoughtful friends you have. ;)

sandragonfly
01-06-2007, 01:50 PM
quoted by maya & inka's mommy
I don't think that pink tulips have a special meaning. Anyway, I LOVE them!!! :)

of course you do!! because I know yellow roses mean friendship so I was wondering if it means the same.

enjoy them! you extend them with vinegar, right? ;)

Lori Jordan
01-06-2007, 02:17 PM
They are beautiful,Im glad it made your day,Makes you feel good when you are thought of...I love when i get flowers my husband has got me a red rose once a month since we started dating.

cyber-sibes
01-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Those are absolutely beautiful! Now those HAD to cheer you up, pinched nerve & all! I hope your treatments give you some relief soon, that sounds just miserable. Sending you prayers & healing vibes! ;) ;)

lizbud
01-06-2007, 06:16 PM
He he, these are tulips, Lizbud ;) :)

Sorry Lut. I must have been blinded by their beauty. :D (and dirty glasses)

But they are gorgeous. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-08-2007, 04:13 AM
Sorry Lut. I must have been blinded by their beauty. :D (and dirty glasses)

But they are gorgeous. :)

so was I ;) :)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-08-2007, 04:15 AM
Glad they did the trick!!! We are always here for you :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-08-2007, 05:30 AM
Beautiful flowers!! :)

I'm sorry you are down with back problems! I hope you are feeling better soon!

moosmom
01-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Lut,

They are gorgeous!! I hope you're feeling better. I have a pinched nerve in my neck from working as a paramedic for 20 years. Not fun, but I've learned to live with it.

Feel better, girlfriend!

Anita Cholaine
01-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Lut, those are so beautiful, I love tulips! I know it must be great to know that your friends are thinking about you.

Hope you feel better soon ;)

((((HUGS))))

ramanth
01-08-2007, 09:03 AM
The tulips are gorgeous Lut! What a sweet surprise.

Lobodeb
01-08-2007, 09:41 AM
What a beautiful gift and gesture!

I hope you get better soon! That sounds terribly painful.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-09-2007, 02:36 PM
ps. For those who don't know what this all about:
I am suffering from a pinched nerve in my back. The nerve is not trapped anymore, but is severily inflamed, which is giving terrible painshoots in my left leg. I got 2 root-infiltration shots 2 weeks ago. But as the pain is all back, I am getting 2 more injections next tuesday.... . Let's hope it will work for a longer time now....! That is the reason why I haven't been posting on PT lately. Sitting on a chair is a big pain-trigger. So lots of "horizental" resting for me...!
Thanks again for the flowers, they brought a bright smile from ear to ear on my face :)

UPDATE
I went to the doc today, and he decided that giving 2 more similar injections might not solve the problem at all. So I will get an epidural next thursday; I have to stay at the hospital all afternoon after that. I must say I am VERY scared. The last epidural I got in my back was extremely painful (I even fainted); so...... I am not really looking forward to this one.... :(

JenBKR
01-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Oh Lut, I am so sorry that you have to go through that. Is that Thursday of this week or next? ((((hugs)))) and know that we will be thinking of you!

kimlovescats
01-09-2007, 03:26 PM
I am so sorry to hear that you are in such pain ... AGAIN! :(
The flowers are beautiful ... what a sweet and thoughtful gift!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-10-2007, 06:50 AM
Oh Lut, I am so sorry that you have to go through that. Is that Thursday of this week or next? ((((hugs)))) and know that we will be thinking of you!

It is tomorrow (this week). I am scared to death, but I realize I need it badly...! Please pray that this will work for me; because: if no, I will get back surgery :eek: , and I am NOT at all looking forward to that at all.... :(

kittycats_delight
01-10-2007, 07:07 AM
I missed this thread completely somehow. Either I was asleep or blind. Sorry.

Beautiful flowers. You girls are so great. And what a lovely surprise for dear Lut. I hope and pray that epidural works Lut. I will be thinking of you my lovely friend.

gentle (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
fingers, toes, whiskers and paws crossed for you. Vixen asks me to send some of her soft headbumpies and rubs for you to help you feel better as well.

Take care sweetie. We will be thinking of you and praying for the best with the epidural.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-10-2007, 09:28 AM
There will be an entire roomful of people "with" you on Thursday {{{hugs}}}

Anita Cholaine
01-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Oh Lut, I'm so sorry you're going through all this... Try to stay calm, and lets hope the epidural will be the answer to your problem. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
((((HUGS))))

sandragonfly
01-10-2007, 02:10 PM
oh lut.. ((((BIG and gentle hugs!)))) I feel you and for you! there was an injection to numb my nerves into my shoulder joint a few years ago. the doctor accidentally did that instead of going another way - it was a nerve pinching >_< and I got really dizzy - SCARY, I know! - nearly fainted but didn't because I stood up then felt nausea afterwards...sugh. it's just your body that you can't control sometimes -- that's what is scary. :( let's hope it will go better and quickly this time! :mad: you're too precious.

here, in case you didn't hear this from one of your cats ..

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/getwellsoonlut.jpg

imagine her going glibberishy all at once?? LOL.. and one more of your kind hug for you my dear friend!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/62395799.gif
:D :D

petslover
01-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Lut, I wish you the best. I am sorry that such a wonderful person like you is going through so much pain right now. I hope that the pain goes away. I will be praying for you at this time. Just try to stay calm (I know easier said than done) but just try to get as much rest as you can. I'll be thinking of you.

-hugs-

Pawsitive Thinking
01-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Had a quick chat with Lut on msn this morning before she went to the hospital. She was obviously very nervous about the whole thing but quite upbeat.

Please join me in keeping everything crossed (fingers, toes, eyes, pawsies, tails etc) that this procedure is successful and that she will soon be feeling much better

JenBKR
01-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Thinking about you and lots of prayers today Lut! Hope you are able to check in sometime today and let us know how everything went. ((((hugs))))

petslover
01-11-2007, 08:23 AM
I am thinking about you Lut.. Get Well Soon

critter crazy
01-11-2007, 08:27 AM
we are all thinking of you Lut!! Get well soon!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-12-2007, 03:13 AM
Back home!
Yesterday was NOT a fun day, but it is over now, and that is the most important!
No improvement yet, it might take 3 days before I feel any results. Right now the spot where I got the injection is hurting too, and I sweat like a maniac. The sweating is a side-effect of the cortizone :rolleyes:
Let's hope it helps!!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Will keep everything crossed for as long as it takes! Big hug to you my dear friend

Pawsitive Thinking
02-01-2007, 04:33 AM
I've bumped this thread up because Lut is going for a second injection today. All fingers, eyes, pawsies, whiskers and tails crossed for you sweetie :)

JenBKR
02-01-2007, 07:17 AM
I've bumped this thread up because Lut is going for a second injection today. All fingers, eyes, pawsies, whiskers and tails crossed for you sweetie :)

Been thinking about you all morning Lut, I'll be anxious to hear how things went! ((((hugs))))

Catty1
02-01-2007, 08:46 AM
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

I really hope this helps - you deserve a break from this, and I hope it is a looooong one!

gini
02-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Oh Lut, I just hate it when I read about how much pain you have been in.

I hope this new injection helps you tremendously!

Karen
02-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Hope the new injection helps! We're all thinking of you!

pitc9
02-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Paws crossed for ya!!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-14-2007, 09:02 AM
updated here

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=122015

catfamily
02-14-2007, 01:11 PM
I hope this shot helps you soon.I DO know what back pain is and it can really do a number on you.I feel for you.
I'm thinking of you,and am always here for you.
Your friend,Carla