PDA

View Full Version : Got laid off & feeling down...

BC_MoM
01-06-2007, 12:45 AM
I was laid off work, and today was my last shift. A whole gang of us were Temporary's. They had all of us working today.

Some of them I go to school with, some are university, some are older with families. A good chunk of these people I will never see again, and I'm surprised at how down I'm feeling about that - and I've only known them a few months. I get attached so easy. I considered most of these people good friends.

I can't believe I'm actually teary about it. But I'll have to suck it up - I'm going to have a few more parttime jobs in the future. *sigh*

kimlovescats
01-06-2007, 12:50 AM
I'm sorry! I'm the same way, I get attached to things and people really quickly and mourn change!

HUGS,
Kim

Bengalz
01-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Isn't life an interesting journey? You may never see some of these people again but you'll not forget your experience with them and that's a good thing :) Feeling sad is normal and means you are a caring person :) Perhaps keeping in touch with those you felt most comfortable with is something to consider. Building bridges with others can be very beneficial in many ways.

Hugs to you - take care,

Betty

pitc9
01-06-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm sorry you were laid off, I wish you all the luck in the world finding another job!!

Pembroke_Corgi
01-06-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear you were laid off. I know how you feel- sometimes I make friends that for whatever reason, I can't see again and it's sad. Maybe you could keep in contact with some of them though! Good luck in finding another job. :)

sandragonfly
01-06-2007, 02:07 PM
this sucks, I know!! sad and "you'll get over with time.." :rolleyes: I hope you had exchanged some emails/phone numbers!

at least this work experience can be added onto your resume, and helps you find a better (longer) job!

bc_mom! I just finished reading the thread about poor molly, so glad she is solved now! GRR. I hope they learned something from you and her. thinking of you..