PDA

View Full Version : newest ultrasound technology

Sirrahsim
01-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Have any of you had or do any of you have relatives that have had the new 3D/4D ultrasounds? They always look really neat and I can't imagine how wonderful it would be too see my little one in such detail. The only problem is that I can't decide if it is REALLY worth spending the extra money on it. There is a place near here that offers packages anywhere from $125-$300.
What do you think?
This is the url of the place that I am currently considering:
http://www.storkvision.com/index.htm

kittycats_delight
01-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Oh wow that is too cool. I say if you can afford it do it. I mean it is just so amazing. So much detail and everything. Wow...yeah I think I would do it.

Karen
01-05-2007, 01:11 PM
I know two people who have had them done - both were "at-risk" pregnancies, and done for medical reasons. They are cool to look at, but the baby looks different when it is out in the light, anyway!

Dorothy39
01-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Yes, Our second cousin , who was at risk , was among the first patients in this area to have this 3D Ultrasound preformed.

We joked with her , because her Baby had his picture in the Paper before he was even born!!!! :cool:

I couldn't believe the Clarity!!!!

Lobodeb
01-05-2007, 01:50 PM
I had one done for entertainment purposes and really enjoyed it. The pictures were amazing and we can still see the resemblance in him today. My only suggestion would be to do it before your 32nd week because that's when you can get the best shots. Mine was right at 32 weeks and the technician had a hard time getting to his face because he was already so far down.

I can post the pics if you'd like.

LoudLou
01-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I had a friend who had it done when she was carrying twins... By luck they got an excellent image of "Alex" and when he was born looked exactly like the ultrasound image.

Cookiebaker
01-05-2007, 03:45 PM
I would totally get it done in a heartbeat if there was a place that did them near here. I looked it up way back at the beginning, and I have to drive either to Boston (3+ hours) or Portland (3+ hours). So it's not really worth it. :( But if you have the opportunity, I would say go for it!! :)

Cataholic
01-06-2007, 12:45 AM
My friend at work did it, and the clarity wasn't that great for her. She kind of felt ripped off. :o

BitsyNaceyDog
01-06-2007, 11:51 AM
I had it done. It was great! Mine was done at 19 weeks (I think?) and I wish I had waited a little longer so I could have seen a bit more. We got a package for $150 which included the regular ultrasound pictures and videos and 3D pictures and 4D video.

You can see one of our 4D ones here (http://blaix.com/baby/).

prechrswife
01-06-2007, 09:16 PM
My doctor's office actually does them, but I don't know how they work all of that. I'm not sure what we will do. They are really neat, though.

buttercup132
01-06-2007, 09:26 PM
I think it's a great idea! I can personally never tell where the baby starts or ends with a 2D ultra sound so that would be neat to see this 3D one.

Lobodeb
01-08-2007, 09:18 AM
My friend at work did it, and the clarity wasn't that great for her. She kind of felt ripped off. :o

I was fortunate enough to go to a place that had a "satisfaction guarantee" policy. Even though they didn't recommend getting it done after the 32nd week, they were still willing to try again if I wasn't satisfied.

Cataholic
01-08-2007, 10:37 AM
I was fortunate enough to go to a place that had a "satisfaction guarantee" policy. Even though they didn't recommend getting it done after the 32nd week, they were still willing to try again if I wasn't satisfied.

That is more than fair! And, maybe hers was later than 32 weeks....typical of me, I have no memory. What day is it? :D