PDA

View Full Version : rattie games

michelle cook
06-20-2002, 04:58 AM
hi! my jumbo rat,hydrox has found a new game to go with his new giant cage, i was latching his door the other day and decided to use a small rope to tie at bottom corner and as i was tieing it hydrox kept grabbing it and pulling it id let go hed let go id pick it up and begain tieing hed grab it and tug a war agian:eek:
never mind his own rope in the cage its not the same when you can play tug a war:D he also likes darring the cat liza as does she :eek: they will sit and dare the other one to stick a nose orpaw through and he,l grab the fur betwen her toes :D
she on the other hand will wait for him to stick his nose out or lay near edge andreach in and pata tat tat!:p this maks hydrox really po-d:mad: so he has too get his two cents in too;)
liza has learned to watch her tail in the cage as well:eek:

Aspen and Misty
07-03-2002, 02:24 PM
LOL, my rats are to young to be taken and help alot (they are only 4 months). I take them outside and open the cage and pet them. I also hold them alot but in my room so if they get away no cats will eat them. I love rats, and might be geting one from my neighbor down the street. My rats Names are Melony and Hope. They are Hooded rats. Melony has a grey hood and Hope has a balck hood. Then there bass color is white. I hope to hear more about your little sweetie!

michelle cook
07-03-2002, 03:56 PM
hi! sorry i took so long to post back , been very busy trying to find grants for my sons dis school! :o
our rat hydrox , and pippie longstoking [hairless rat] pansy
got a treat yesterday i gave them a ice cube on a plastic food lid, it was hallarius:D hydrox was not sure at first he kept wiggling his wiskers and scooted it all over his cage;)
pippie had no idiea:eek: she smelled it , shook her head and tryd bitting it :rolleyes: then shook her hands when she tryd to pick it up to move to her top ferrate bed [cold]:cool:
she playd and tryd to move it for a long time:D it was great
try this web site out on rattie info, toys ect it it great
aristo rats rattery! orwww.geocities.com/rats4me2/training.html:D

lovemymaltese
07-09-2002, 01:29 PM
Wow that's neat, sounds like your rat has some personality.

Aspen and Misty
07-09-2002, 06:56 PM
I have never tried giveing my girls an ice-cub. I will have to try that sometime. They love there salads. They get them after I am done cleaning there cage so that they have a house warning gift. I am goign to be buying them a new 3 story wire cage soon, I know they will abosolutly LOVE it. Your rats sound adorable!

michelle cook
07-10-2002, 12:08 AM
hi! glad to hear everyone liked hydroxes ice cube &tug a war games, i have inqired to a rescue center on a ,you wont beleive [rat] a little girl! her name is java she is chocolate! that would give my school rescued hydrox a play mate, i hope to hear from soon! mean while hydrox continues to play tug a war with the piece of rope tied on his door , with my doughter :p
he is not going to give that game up :D , we are waiting to hear from his vet as hydrox will be getting fixed if he has a little girl friend come live with him :eek: not sure how he feels about that:rolleyes: will see ,

Aspen and Misty
07-11-2002, 01:35 AM
How great of you to rescue a rat! I am planning on rescueing a guinie pig someday, when Chewy (my puppy)gets older.

sujei
07-17-2002, 11:55 PM
2 of my ratties love to go bunny chasin'. My albino male is named nikolia. he is a very very big boy. his favorite pastime is to chase and jump on and otherwise generally harass my poor nancy(rabbit). esme, my love of my life, is more into stealth and grace. she cleverly uses any structure within my room be it a fan or whatnot to sneak up upon nancy and pounce upon her with deadly accuracy lol. poor nanci is put out to find a place to hide that is free from my ratties.

michelle cook
07-18-2002, 05:04 AM
your ratttie sounds so cute:D and sounds like bunnie has great patience:rolleyes: ,today we go and pick up uor rescue rat java
she is a chocolate rat she is going to share a cage with my doughters hairless rat so they will have company a little nervous about intro them , as i had a horrible exp yrs back with mice and hamp but i am told they are different and pippie the hairless rat looks soo lonesome :rolleyes: i think i will gradualy intro them
was told to put in the tub for a while and see if they get along
with a blanket;) we ll see let u know how they do [excited]
:D

Aspen and Misty
07-24-2002, 01:00 PM
Soudns liek fun! I hope they get along. Your hairless rat remnded me of those hairless Guinie Pigs at the pet store, now they were a sight. I love little hairless rats though, don't get me wrong. I hope the introduction goes well.

Ash

michelle cook
07-29-2002, 03:46 PM
hi all , java is doing great she is the new adopted rescue rat:p
she is in the cage with pippie long stocking the hairless rat
pippie hunched up her rear end like a cat and kept pushing poor java at first:rolleyes: as she is alot smaller but thinks she is big i guess:D they were cought off guard and mrs beasly the old cat fell asleep at the corner of the bed and pippie and java were chasing her tail and grooming it:cool: when mrs beasly awoke
scared of rats and they all paniced and ran and hid in there pillow case and corner of the room: hydrox came out to visit
and he was in heaven java loves him although it was breif as it did not take long for him to want to share his loving:eek:
he trys to run to the girls room when he gets out for the evening ;) he will be getting his neuter apt very soon :eek:
untill then he only gets a breif visit with me by them;)
pippie has gotten over her fasination with javas hair:D
finally we were begining to wonder as she just would not stop
grooming her constantly:rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
08-04-2002, 04:04 AM
LOL..well she has no hair herself so she needs to groom someone's hair! Sounds like everything went great and everyone is getting along! I owuld love to see pictures of your little ratties!

michelle cook
08-15-2002, 09:34 PM
hi! java and pippie are doing fine:D they cuddle together when they sleep java has taken up pippies old habit she jumped on my head the other day i had french braid and java suddenly begain un doing my braid and re twisting it :D like a little person
it was halarius :D we will have to try and get this one on tape
we are also looking into a scanner so i can send some pictures
of our gang:rolleyes: hydrox got mrs beaslys nose the other day [cat] she is ok but jumped pretty high that was awfuly rotten of hydrox to trick her :eek: he stuck his head out of the cage and layd there as something was wrong:rolleyes: well mrs beasly being a old mommy cat to everything went to sniff her and meowed to tell me something was wrong of course hydrox saw his moment bad boy hydrox my moms peckopoo dog i rescued 17yrs ago barny finaly lost his long brave battle with congestive heart failure the other day dad who also has this condition and mom are very up set as this is there 2nd rescue dog to go this yr
i told them they have given everything to these guys and could not have had it better they have fight for yrs now and it was time
my aunt has found them another little girl with heart problems so maybe she will help and i think it helps them too as they have something med in common;) well miss barney fife full of spark

Aspen and Misty
08-26-2002, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry about your loss.

Hydrox Soudns so cute! So does pippie, I love the name! Your ratties reallly sound like they are alot of fun and are super cute!

lv4dogs
09-11-2002, 02:26 PM
SUJEI: I live right outside Rochester, in Fairport. My 2 rats love to play the same game (chasing & pouncing) but on my dogs. Do you breed rats? What breeds do you have now? I have a siamese straight haired dumbo rex and a self black curly rex dumbo! I am looking for a good hairless female.