PDA

View Full Version : you know when you've been around dogs too long when..

luvofallhorses
01-04-2007, 09:06 PM
so I was cleaning up the Miagi and Tiger's cat mess and scooping their litter box.. my dad was like.. is that where you found the garbage can? so I took it back to it's normal spot and I said come on to it. :rolleyes: :p

feel free to add your own. :)

chocolatepuppy
01-04-2007, 09:20 PM
lmao! :D yes Krista, you've gone to the dogs! :p ...I have many times called my human resources woman, humane resources. ;)

Danegirl2208
01-04-2007, 11:22 PM
When you tell your friend to "sit" and "stay".. :p

molucass
01-04-2007, 11:33 PM
I'll be talking to Eden, and sometimes I'll say "Baby, Morgan, I mean.. Yeah you, EDEN!" when she is getting into something she shouldn't be.

Danegirl2208
01-04-2007, 11:42 PM
I'll be talking to Eden, and sometimes I'll say "Baby, Morgan, I mean.. Yeah you, EDEN!" when she is getting into something she shouldn't be.

lol i've caught myself doing that a lot recently :rolleyes:

Twisterdog
01-05-2007, 12:26 AM
I have caught myself several times referring to a human doctor as a "vet" ... as in asking my friend after her appointment, "So, what did the vet say?" Oops. :o

When my son was small, he came in the house crying and holding out his hand for me to see. I said, "Oh, what's wrong, Honey? Did you hurt your paw?" And, as testimony to the fact that he has grown up around dogs, he simply and matter-of-factly replied, "Yes, Mommy."

My poor son was practically raised on commands like, "Sit!", "Come!" and "Stay!" Once in Walmart I firmly told him to "Heel!" I got some strange looks for that one!

chocolatepuppy
01-05-2007, 05:17 AM
I have caught myself several times referring to a human doctor as a "vet"

I've done that many times too. :o

Pawsitive Thinking
01-05-2007, 05:51 AM
How many times have I stood at the kerbside waiting for Katie to "sit" before we cross........ :rolleyes:

borzoimom
01-05-2007, 06:16 AM
( keep in mind all the kids are over 20 years old).. When one of the kids say something of good news, and you throw on right away your dog voice ( in a high pitched excited voice)" OHHH GOOD GIRL!!! WAY TO GO.." ( SQUEELS..) or with my step son" ALRIGHT- GOOD BOY- WAY TO GO!!".. My daughter is use to such a gut reaction- my step children- well they are learning to prepare me before dropping big good news.. lol..

DrKym
01-05-2007, 07:05 AM
you reach for and grab a rawhide.........then realize it's for a human after school snack :rolleyes: or tell them off the couch it's crate time :p

TFTpwnsYou
01-05-2007, 09:17 AM
When you tell your friend to "sit" and "stay".. :p

Funnily enough....I do that on almost a daily basis....lol.

xcolbi
01-05-2007, 10:10 AM
A few times now I've called my best friend Colbi :rolleyes:

GreyhoundGirl
01-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Someone says your dogs name and you turn around saying "what's she doing here?!?!" :o

I did this once at school. I guess you wouldn't do it as much if your dog doesn't have a human name.

Ginger's Mom
01-05-2007, 11:45 AM
your dog voice ( in a high pitched excited voice)" OHHH GOOD GIRL!!! WAY TO GO.." ( SQUEELS..)
That is what I was going to say. I have to stop myself when talking to my co-workers or friends from doing the old sing song voice, "Good girl" or "Good Job." (then reach over to scratch them behind the ear ;) ).Yep, done that.

M&M's Mommy
01-05-2007, 12:41 PM
My 3M are trained to pee when I give them the "go pee" command. A while ago, I wanted to ask my hubby if he wanted to use the bathroom before I was taking a shower by saying in a stern voice, "honey, go pee" :)
He immediately bent down to go on all fours to the bathroom.

It was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen my hubby doing :)

By the way when I said so, Missy also peed right there and then on the living room :) - my fault, obviously, so we had a good laugh about it, instead of taking her outside to the right spot. The poor baby looked so confused!

borzoimom
01-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey you all- read " Staples Out" in general. I typed " vet" almost deleted it, when giggled at myself instead of doctor... lol..

binka_nugget
01-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I once turned my boyfriend's head to face me, pointed my finger and said "NO!" instead of asking him to stop doing something.. I hadn't realized what I had done until he pointed it out. Now he won't stop bugging me about it. :p

Dorothy39
01-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Hey you all- read " Staples Out" in general. I typed " vet" almost deleted it, when giggled at myself instead of doctor... lol..

I've said that too, as in ~ If this doesn't improve, I'm calling the Vet, er, Doctor~ :D

I confess, I've gone to the Dogs everyone!

GreyhoundGirl
01-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I once turned my boyfriend's head to face me, pointed my finger and said "NO!" instead of asking him to stop doing something.. I hadn't realized what I had done until he pointed it out. Now he won't stop bugging me about it. :p

*giggles* But you were just training him! :p

cali
01-05-2007, 07:50 PM
lol lets see...

I have done the vet/doctor thing..

umm I clicker trained my best friends little sister!

I trained my best friend to walk on the sidewalk lol she was always walking in the middle of the road, so I would walk out grab her by the arm pull her onto the sidewalk and start praising her :o on the other hand, it worked!

Taz_Zoee
01-05-2007, 09:24 PM
I can't even stop laughing to think of anything I have done like this.
These are hilarious!! :D

I think I have done the go potty command (ours is "get busy") with my boyfriend, but he didn't get on all fours....that was way too funny!!!

On the same go potty subject....my brother, sister and mom use the command "take a break". So at work when someone says I'm going to go take a break, I giggle.

lute
01-05-2007, 09:31 PM
LOL! we are definatly a lot of dog lovers! :D I know i fall into the telling your friends to sit and stay catigory. :o

Twisterdog
01-05-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm a groomer, but I also give a lot of "human" haircuts on the side.

I have grabbed people by the chin, hair, ears, etc. and turned their head to the angle I want.

They freak out, of course.

I have to explain, "I'm so sorry. I'm not used to giving haircuts to anyone who understands, "Turn your head to the left a little and look up."" :o