PDA

View Full Version : Cruel and Unusual punishment

catnapper
01-04-2007, 02:26 PM
The companies that are making me wait til I hear about the jobs are providing complete and utter torture! Aren't I protected from this form of abuse under the heading of "cruel and unusual punishment" ;) :p

Dear companies: please let me know one way or another. I'd accept it if you don't want me..... not knowing is KILLING me! Heck, even tell me that you like me as backup. I could live with that but you're driving me insane by not knowing anything at all! grrrr.

On a positive note, I sent out another resume this afternoon. I feel pretty good about this one, and the plus side is that its only 2 blocks away! I could walk to work every day! :D

DrKym
01-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Good Luck and we will pray! Hope you get your dream Job!

kimlovescats
01-04-2007, 02:44 PM
I am the world's worst "waiter"! My mom used to always tell me that I wanted everything "yesterday"! :rolleyes: :p

Now.... I must tell you that "all good things come to those who WAIT"! :p ;)

HUGS,
Kim (aka "your evil twin") :p

borzoimom
01-04-2007, 02:45 PM
" Dear Company A-
I filled in my application and interviewed thus and such a day. I have yet to hear to a response- well if you do not want me, at least let me know as I may pursue other options. I wanted to work for you, but you cant see the forrest for the trees in the assets and contribution I would make to company. So- I am saving you the ax to clear the trees- If you ever come back to reality- let me know..." ( ROFLMAO :D -OUCH!)
YES THIS IS TOTALLY A JOKE!! But I bet it made you smile... teehee.. ;)

jazzcat
01-04-2007, 04:18 PM
You are doing better than I would about this. I would be bonkers by now.

FINGERS CROSSED!

Logan
01-05-2007, 09:52 AM
I posted on your other thread, last night, wondering if you had heard anything. I hate the waiting part, too, Kim. They shouldn't tell you a date if they aren't going to stick with it!

Good luck!

Logan

catnapper
01-05-2007, 10:09 AM
well, just heard from job #2..... I didn't get the job :( At least I know and can move on.

jackmilliesmom
01-05-2007, 10:38 AM
It wasn't for you and it probably broke a bigger cross by not getting it - keep your chin up though the right one for you is around the corner (((((HUGS)))))

kimlovescats
01-05-2007, 11:13 AM
well, just heard from job #2..... I didn't get the job :( At least I know and can move on.

I'm sorry, but like you said, at least now you know! ;)

Hugs,
Kim

Logan
01-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Things work out in a different way than we would like them to, sometime. But, I truly believe that there is a reason for that. There really is. Good luck, Kim, on the first one. Something IS going to work out for you. I just know it!

Logan

Edwina's Secretary
01-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Did you ask for some feedback? What could you have done differently in the interview process? Where could your qualifcations have been better? (DON'T ask why they didn't hire you...) Say you would like their help so you can use the feedback in your continuing job search.

catnapper
01-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Did you ask for some feedback? What could you have done differently in the interview process? Where could your qualifcations have been better? (DON'T ask why they didn't hire you...) Say you would like their help so you can use the feedback in your continuing job search.
They said I did very well during the interview but the other applicant simply had more experience doing basically the same exact job. They want to keep my resume on file for next time. I guess it wasn't a total failure, was it?

Craftlady
01-05-2007, 05:09 PM
They said I did very well during the interview but the other applicant simply had more experience doing basically the same exact job. They want to keep my resume on file for next time. I guess it wasn't a total failure, was it?

It's not a failure, just a fact that the other applicant had more experience.