PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket question.

Lobodeb
01-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Hello!

I notice now that Photobucket has a handy little resizing tool that offers choices of sizes for pictures, i.e., message board, website, thumbnail, etc.

My concern is that on my home computer, I have a monster screen so all of my pictures look huge, but then on my laptop, they're not. What is a good size to post here? I'm trying to be cognicent of people with dial-up and I don't want to post posters, either. lol

Is it the 320 x 240 size that's preferred?

Thanks.

lvpets2002
01-04-2007, 10:31 AM
:) MMmm Let me think.. I do everything thru PhotoBucket & ussally dont have to resize.. I will check into my sizes..

Karen
01-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Anything under, say, 500 pixels wide is usually fine.

Ginger's Mom
01-04-2007, 11:50 AM
I compress to 448 x 336, but I do that on my computer (Micorsoft Office Picture Manager-it is their website setting) because I have dail-up and it is faster to upload my pictures onto Photobucket that way. :)

320 x 240 is too small, we need bigger pictures of than that of Maggy and Hugito. :D

ShihtzuBeauty
01-04-2007, 12:01 PM
I was kinda wondering about pics. too. :) I use PhotoBucket and I've tried to upload into my siggy several different pics. I've also tried to get different avatars in but they aren't being accepted. I'm going to continue working on this today. I have to keep adding my siggy (which is really small) into attachments after each post. :p

Karen
01-04-2007, 02:14 PM
An avatar needs to be 60 pixels square or smaller, and saved as a .jpg or a .gif file. Have you tried that?

ShihtzuBeauty
01-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Yes I have went and resized all of the pics that I tried to use. It tells me it's not saved in the correct format and I'm pretty 'puter illiterate. :p How do you get your pics and siggys larger? I'm using the attachments and you can barely see the pics that I post.

I try to add some siggys that I have had made and they aren't the correct format either? How do I save them differently? Thanks. :)

ChrisH
01-05-2007, 01:04 PM
I've not sure why you can't upload your picture as a siggy. Anyway, I cropped the white background out and saved as jpeg, if you load it onto PB and use as a siggy from there it should work ok.

p.s. I also saved for web to make it less kb

ShihtzuBeauty
01-06-2007, 02:08 PM
ChrisH thank you soo much for taking the time to do that. I'll go check it out now. :)

ShihtzuBeauty
01-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Not sure whats happened here. I'm gonna post this and see what comes up. :p

Ok, this isn't the pic. that I stuck into my signature but it'll work. At least I can see it. :) Thanks again for trying to help me but I think I'm hopeless. :p

Taz_Zoee
01-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Hello!

I notice now that Photobucket has a handy little resizing tool that offers choices of sizes for pictures, i.e., message board, website, thumbnail, etc.

My concern is that on my home computer, I have a monster screen so all of my pictures look huge, but then on my laptop, they're not. What is a good size to post here? I'm trying to be cognicent of people with dial-up and I don't want to post posters, either. lol

Thanks.

In photobucket, I usually use the website size. I think it comes out to be a good size...not too big and not too small.
:D

ChrisH
01-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Hello!

Thanks.
I think that size is fine. To give you some idea of how it looks here is my current sig resized to 320x214.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Miscellaneous/forsig2.jpg

Another important thing is, in my opinion, the size in kb, to always try to make it 25 or under.

todd
01-08-2007, 08:45 PM
wow thats great