PDA

View Full Version : My poor little girl (she's ok) - 3 pics added post 38

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2007, 04:07 PM
I didn't want to scare anybody with the title of this thread so I'll let you all know right away that she's doing good - relatively speaking.

I feel so bad though, because......well.....like many an old lady.....she is now wearing diapers. :(

We had the motorhome pretty well pee proofed - puppy pads everywhere, I slept under a shower curtain so she could sleep on top of me and I didn't have to worry about her peeing all over the bed, etc., but it was just getting to be too much for me to clean up after her so I resorted to the dreaded diapers. I just bought them today and she seems to be tolerating them well. At first she walked like she had a 10 ton weight on her butt, but now it's almost as if she doesn't even know it's there. And she squatted to pee - on the couch no less - and I didn't immediately grab her and put her in the litter box, so I think she's going to like them once she really gets used to them. I know I'm going to like them. ;)

No pictures though. Right now we're both still getting used to them. To me she looks pitiful and so sad, and to her....well....it's hard for little old ladies to get used to the idea of having to wear a diaper, so she's a little too humiliated yet for pictures.

Other than peeing everywhere, she is doing well - continues to beg for food all the time, likes her snuggles with her daddy and likes to go outside again now that we're out of the desert and in a nice park again.

We just got in a few days ago and I had to completely de-dust the motorhome and everything in it - what a mess! - so I'm hoping to be able to be back here and spend a little more time one of these days soon, but wanted to let you know about the latest development in my geriatric ward. :)

Edwina's Secretary
01-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Oh Peanut! I know that walk...it is what the E's would do when they were "getting used to" the harnesses. The drama wears off rather quickly.

But Debbie...WHEN will I get the picture of you sleeping under a shower curtain out of my mind?????

Gentle hugs to sweet little Peanut!

RedHedd
01-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh Peanut! Poor little old lady. I guess we'll all be wearing Depends when we get to be her age too.

lvpets2002
01-03-2007, 04:15 PM
;) Awee bless her wittle heart.. Glad she is doing well.. Yes she & you will get used to the adjustments to be made.. Pictures please when ready..

Kalei
01-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Oh Peanut! I know that walk...it is what the E's would do when they were "getting used to" the harnesses. The drama wears off rather quickly.

But Debbie...WHEN will I get the picture of you sleeping under a shower curtain out of my mind?????

Gentle hugs to sweet little Peanut!

That's just what I was thinking lol. I was just imagining how it would look for someone to sleep under a shower curtain:) It's so good that Peanut is getting used to the diaper,maybe soon she won't even realize its there and she'll learn to love it cause she can go to the bathroom anywhere:D

Lizzie
01-03-2007, 04:42 PM
That shower curtain is a great idea. I've been trying to sleep with rubberised baby sheets over me but it's far too hot. Actually, Ginger's "senior moments" are fewer this winter than last which is a great relief. With a newspaper covered bathroom near the bed, she seems willing to get there most of the time. Diapers didn't work with Ginger because her digestive system is no longer functioning perfectly and the poop coming out of the diaper and onto everything was worse than cleaning up pee. How do you manage that part with Peanut? It simply stays in the diaper?

I keep hoping there will be someone around who is as willing to be patient with me.

Killearn Kitties
01-03-2007, 04:51 PM
I keep hoping there will be someone around who is as willing to be patient with me.
:D Yes! We will all be doing OK if we have a Debbie to look after us in later life.

Hugs to darling Peanut.

shais_mom
01-03-2007, 05:09 PM
aaww
hugs to Peanut!

Cinder & Smoke
01-03-2007, 05:18 PM
... she is now wearing diapers. :(

No pictures though.
Right now we're both still getting used to them.
To me she looks pitiful and so sad, and to her ... well ...
it's hard for little old ladies to get used to the idea of having to wear a diaper,
so she's a little too humiliated yet for pictures.

Bowser took a day or two to "accept" his BellyBand / Pee Diaper, too.
We only use it at night or during the day if they'll be alone for a while ...
but it sure saves the UN-Happiness of finding a "Wet Spot" on the carpet!

Hopefully PeaNutter will learn to appreciate the Freedom and the lack of
upset in the house!

So ... just Where IS the House, now?
:p

K & L
01-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh Peanut you're as beautiful as ever. Just tell mom to make sure you have the latest style in diapers. I'm glad to hear she's doing well otherwise.

OK, I've been gone so where have you just settled into? Are you just now getting to Quartzite?

momoffuzzyfaces
01-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Aw, poor baby!!! I feel for you!!! Maybe your mom can find some with little animals on them like they have in baby diapers. You can start a fashion trend among the oldsters!

One question: what keeps the pee from coming out of the hole for the tail? I've always wondered.

catlover4ever
01-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Poor Peanut, Tucker sends her love and understanding (little old lady that she is as well).

Debbie, I'm sorry to hear about Peanut but it is for the best...you and her both. Please give her chin rubs from Tucker and I. (((HUGS))) to you ---- Meg

jenluckenbach
01-03-2007, 06:14 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ROTFLOL

Debbie, just be glad Peanut DOES walk. Back when Sterling first started to spray (and would NOT stop) I tried the diaper thing. He just laid on the floor like a fish out of water. Not willing to even try to move. :rolleyes:

Peanut, I am certain you look MAH-velous!!

catmandu
01-03-2007, 07:18 PM
The Tubbies Angels are with Peanut Butter and will try and guide her to the Litter Box.
They are explaining the diapers and that you still love her so very much.
We are praying for Peanut at the Hotel.

krazyaboutkatz
01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Poor Peanut. At least she's getting used to the diapers and will tolerate them. I'm glad to hear that she's doing well otherwise.

Vermontcat
01-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh Peanut, just call it a new fashion statement.
Sending huggies to sweet Peanut girl.
Any chance of pictures?
Not just of the diaper fashion but of the shower curtain bedding too? ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Any chance of pictures?
Not just of the diaper fashion but of the shower curtain bedding too? ;)
I'll see if I can even get one with me in bed so Sara can stop wondering what that looks like. ;) :D I did get a good one of Peanut just now snuggling with her daddy, but I haven't gotten it off the camera yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

It hasn't even been 8 hours yet, and she's acting as if all is normal - yippeee!!! I decided I'm still going to let her run "free" at night - which means the shower curtain routine will remain in effect ;) - because after I started thinking about it, I'm now worried about the increased risk of urinary tract infections with the diaper on. It's like a real diaper where it wicks the moisture away from the surface, and I did trim the hair around her butt before I put it on, but I'm still a little worried. I don't mind the shower curtain so we'll see how things go the next few days. Now, to answer your questions and comments....
The drama wears off rather quickly.
Yes, as soon as food was put down the 10 ton weight was immediately lifted. :rolleyes: :D

she'll learn to love it cause she can go to the bathroom anywhere
Earlier tonight when Terry was hogging the computer.....again....I was laying on the couch and she jumped up on me, and immediately proceeded to squat! Before that would have been cause for a resulting immediate action by me of jumping up and running her to the litter box. This time I just lay there and let her pee away. :D

poop coming out of the diaper and onto everything was worse than cleaning up pee. How do you manage that part with Peanut? It simply stays in the diaper?
Uuuummmmm....haven't gotten that far yet and I was wondering the same thing. Am I going to have to change poopy diapers? Having had no kids, I've never had to do that before in my life! ;) I'll let you know how it goes. Oh, and the shower curtain is warm too, but that just means the heat gets turned way down.

OK, I've been gone so where have you just settled into? Are you just now getting to Quartzite?
We're now in a really nice RV park that is almost 1/2 way between Tucson and Phoenix. The nearest towns are Eloy and Marana to be more exact. Terry decided he didn't like RV sales so he quit and since he didn't want to stay in the dustbowl that is Quartzsite, I had to quit my job there too, which was just fine with me. We decided after all the ruckus of the last year - what with selling the house and everything in it and getting everything ready for our great adventure, then actually beginning the great adventure - we needed a break. So, we're just going to relax for a few weeks and see what happens and see where life takes us from here. I don't mind because it gives me lots more time to spoil Peanutter. ;)

what keeps the pee from coming out of the hole for the tail? I've always wondered.
I'm not sure, MOFF, good question! I do know they come in different sizes and maybe the tail hole is sized depending on the size of the diaper - large diaper, large hole, small diaper, small hole. BTW, Peanut takes X-small, and I might even look for XX-small next time.

Thank you all so much. My little girl isn't getting any younger or any healthier and I'm just trying to make her as comfortable as possible for as long as possible - and still keep my own sanity in the process. She is all curled up next to me right now, sleeping soundly.....after "peeing" on her daddy a few minutes ago - should have seen HIS face! :D I think I'm going to like this....I just hope it continues to work well for her too.

Bengalz
01-03-2007, 09:58 PM
You are the best Mommy - not many would be so kind and understanding about Peanut and her situation. Give that little girl great big hugs for me - she is such a dear kitty :D

Catty1
01-03-2007, 10:05 PM
I know little Scooter who is with Lisa will be on a diaper for the rest of his days. She would know about the danger of UTIs and the 'poop' deal.

Bless little Pnutter! :)

Lizzie
01-03-2007, 10:28 PM
I had quite a long internet conversation with some of the people who work at Best Friends about caring for an incontinent cat and some of that is relevant to this thread. With those cats, because the urine is running through and sitting in areas where it would not normally, it can cause scald and so they give "butt washes" at intervals depending on the cat - once a day, a few times a week, or whatever. The cats that get UTI's are those who are incontinent because they never clear their bladder of urine. There is always a little sitting in there, providing a safe haven for bacteria to build up - even though these cats have their bladders expressed a few times a day (and the mild trauma of that also increases a UTI risk). Since Peanut is urinating normally, although not in the right places, it sounds like she is clearing her bladder so her risk of a UTI is not great. However, Debbie may have to give "butt washes" to prevent skin problems. That should make for even more interesting photo opportunities!

Catty1
01-03-2007, 10:34 PM
I guess baby powder is too toxic to prevent 'diaper rash'?

Lizzie, that is such great info...and Peanut is at lower risk. That is good!

Cinder & Smoke
01-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Terry decided he didn't like RV sales so he quit
and since he didn't want to stay in the dustbowl that is Quartzsite,
I had to quit my job there too,
which was just fine with me.

So, we're just going to relax for a few weeks and see what happens
and see where life takes us from here ... ;)

:D

"... didn't like RV sales ..."

GOLLY - why doesn't that surprise me!? :p

RV sales is prolly a bit like being a Snake Oil Salesman ...
not every Nice Guy's "Cuppa Tea"!

What you guy otta become is Independent Buyer's AGENTS ---
Help other folks locate & buy THEIR Dream Rollin Howzes ...
for a "FEE" or percentage YOU arrange all the "details" and help with
the "repairs" that YOU know crop up and threaten to ruin the buying experience.

Or ...

You could just GOOF OFF till whenever.

:D

catfamily
01-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Peanut is one lucky girl :) She must be so happy to be able to pee anywhere now with that loose bladder.We'll all be there some day.I assume :D
She's loved so much :) I hope she gets very use to it soon.I'm sure she will.

jennielynn1970
01-04-2007, 12:35 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ROTFLOL

Debbie, just be glad Peanut DOES walk. Back when Sterling first started to spray (and would NOT stop) I tried the diaper thing. He just laid on the floor like a fish out of water. Not willing to even try to move. :rolleyes:

Peanut, I am certain you look MAH-velous!!

Poor Peanut! It must be hard to be a proud kitty and then have to wear a diaper, but I'm sure she knows that it's for her good as well as yours. The shower curtain thing sounds amusing though, lol.

Hm..... maybe I can do this with my pee-ers at home. Never thought of that. Got a pooper now too... though I think it's my newest addition to the family, Honeybun, because he was known to do that at his foster home. He's old as well, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Sonia59
01-04-2007, 04:55 AM
Little Peanut, I am glad to hear that you are going well and adapting to the diapers. You have the best meowmie ever, taking care of you so well :)

orangemm
01-04-2007, 05:04 AM
It's okay, Peanut; you're still our "little lady" around here, diaper or no diaper. We don't care, so you shouldn't either. Just pretend it's a new skirt (maybe meowmie could get patterns or colors? ;) )

You gotta do what you gotta do to keep everyone happy (and sane).

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-04-2007, 05:45 AM
Poor little "pee pee Peanut"...

I'm glad she is adjusting to the diapers.. .. She is such a sweet little trooper!

I wish i could be there to give her a real in person kiss and cuddle.

Can't wait to see the pictures and I'm glad to hear you guys are having fun and doing good!

moosmom
01-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Deb,

Just the thought of you wrapped in a shower curtain sound asleep with sweet lil Peanut on top of you made me choke on my coffee.

Poor lil Peanut. The things we do to make our furbabies comfortable.

Can't WAIT to see pictures!!

ramanth
01-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Sweet little Peanut. I'm sorry to hear about your little old lady issues, but I'm glad you are feeling okay. :)

Perhaps your mom could find you some nice fashionable print diapers. :D

K & L
01-04-2007, 08:47 AM
We're now in a really nice RV park that is almost 1/2 way between Tucson and Phoenix. The nearest towns are Eloy and Marana to be more exact. Terry decided he didn't like RV sales so he quit and since he didn't want to stay in the dustbowl that is Quartzsite, I had to quit my job there too, which was just fine with me. We decided after all the ruckus of the last year - what with selling the house and everything in it and getting everything ready for our great adventure, then actually beginning the great adventure - we needed a break. So, we're just going to relax for a few weeks and see what happens and see where life takes us from here. I don't mind because it gives me lots more time to spoil Peanutter. ;)

I sure hope life keeps you around AZ for a while and we can all get together again here real soon! Good luck on your adventures! I envy you both.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks so much everyone. Well....now that I've had one day with diapers and one night without....we won't be going another night without - what a mess! I don't know what she does or how she does it, but her feet and back legs must get wet, and they smell poopy, but the only poop is a hard little nugget in the box so it's not like she has diarrhea or anything, but then she tracks it all over, including next to my head which is the only place on the bed that is not covered by the shower curtain. :rolleyes:

Took her only a second to get used to the diaper again this morning, but now I have to give her a bath because her back legs are filthy and stinky. But once that's done, she should be good to go for quite a while.....hopefully.

We had some good snuggles last night though, which are more precious than anything. :)

Barbara
01-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Poor Peanut girl- that diaper thing sounds complicated. I read it very interested because for Filou a moment may come where we want to know all about diapers and even shower curtains (although I would prefer changing poopy diapers in which I as well have no experience to sleeping under a hot shower curtain- and that in AZ) :(

Hoping that you have many chances to snuggle together :)

wolflady
01-04-2007, 11:37 AM
...We had some good snuggles last night though, which are more precious than anything. :)

You are right. :) Kitty snuggles are the best, especially when they're with someone as sweet as dear Peanut. :)

I'm glad the diaper is working, and I agree...are there any diapers with fashionable prints? *snicker*

**hugs**

Lizzie
01-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks so much everyone. Well....now that I've had one day with diapers and one night without....we won't be going another night without - what a mess! I don't know what she does or how she does it, but her feet and back legs must get wet, and they smell poopy, but the only poop is a hard little nugget in the box so it's not like she has diarrhea or anything, but then she tracks it all over, including next to my head which is the only place on the bed that is not covered by the shower curtain. :rolleyes:

Took her only a second to get used to the diaper again this morning, but now I have to give her a bath because her back legs are filthy and stinky. But once that's done, she should be good to go for quite a while.....hopefully.

We had some good snuggles last night though, which are more precious than anything. :)

I don't know if she is doing what Ginger does, but I sometimes find that where my cat has pooped on newspaper (normal looking poops) there is also a wide circle of stained fluid around the solids. I don't know if this poopy fluid comes before the main event or after. I've put it down to Ginger's gastro-intestinal system simply getting very old and so not functioning normally. It was the poopy fluid that came out of the sides of the diaper on Ginger I guess because the pad doesn't absorb this type of fluid as well as urine.

I love those good snuggles too, even though Ginger is now rather bony and light. You know that you are doing the right thing when they still enjoy the snuggling.

AbbyMom
01-04-2007, 12:34 PM
My little girl isn't getting any younger or any healthier and I'm just trying to make her as comfortable as possible for as long as possible - and still keep my own sanity in the process.

What a good meowmie you are... So many times we hear "I'd do anything for my kitty/dog." But then when it comes right down to it, "anything" doesn't include inconvenience or additional expenses.

Lucky Peanut when she got her furrever home.

kimlovescats
01-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Awww, gentle hugs to sweet Peanut and to mommy for being so good to her! ;)

orangemm
01-04-2007, 02:59 PM
What she said!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Peanut snuggling with her daddy last night.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid221/pce9d529a7b1ac7e5572ee70535a447e1/eb43daf3.jpg

Taking a nap today. She's so sweet when she's sleeping.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid221/pca50fc996cccf5d6ad18308f904cc6ea/eb43dcdb.jpg

She woke up, stretched and said forget it mom, no more pics, k?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid221/pee0f3de3abeebc8d5b7a4a85603e9219/eb43dd94.jpg

Still have to get some when she's awake and walking around.

Added benefit I hadn't counted on is that since she's in the litter box a lot less, there is way less litter tracked everywhere. I can deal with that! :D

Bengalz
01-04-2007, 10:05 PM
OMG :D Peanut is such a little princess - always everso gracious (and elegant) :) Wonder if the diapers come in PINK!

Lots of hugs for that baby girl :)

kt_luvs_kitties
01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Oh Peanut, you are so precious. I am sorry you must wear diapers, but from the sounds of it... You really have it made. I have to go so bad sometimes, and can't get to the facilities, and I tell you, what I wouldn't give to be able to *squat* anywhere :p lol

You look beautiful NO MATTER WHAT! And you have a very special meowmie that loves you ALOT!

I think it is great that you do this for her. That takes lots of love, and even more commitment!

*hugs* Kt and kitties

CultureJunky
01-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Peanut is such a precious little girl. The way she handles herself with so much dignity and is so well behaved is so wonderful. She is so lucky to have a patient mum like you too.

cyber-sibes
01-05-2007, 09:18 AM
I slept under a shower curtain so she could sleep on top of me Remember those little cartoons "Love is...?" Well, this sure would be a dandy one! LOL! I'm glad the diapers are working out. When my old kitty started peeing everywhere, we gave him his own couch in his own house (my studio - separate from the house). It was wicker, so I washed it down & tossed the cushions after he passed on. So you're on the road again? Sounds delightful!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-05-2007, 09:33 AM
'Morning everyone and thanks again for all the wonderful comments. Peanut is such a trooper, just takes everything in stride. She is sitting on my lap right now, wrapped in towels.....after a dreaded bath! Her last night without a diaper was kind of a disaster and she smelled poopy. Since everything else in the motorhome is now clean and pee free again, I couldn't stand having my little girl all smelly, so first thing this morning, in the sink with her! Needless to say she was NOT happy, but at least she won't smell anymore.

Last night was the first night with a diaper and what a relief to wake up to a pee free motorhome, and a little girl begging for food like she hadn't seen food in days! :rolleyes: :D So, life is back to normal. Well....it will be as soon as she dries off completely. I don't want to put the diaper back on until she's completely dry, so in the meantime we're snuggling and keeping a close eye on her.

She is just the best little trooper, takes everything in stride and still just wants snuggles and food. How could I not spoil such a sweety? :)

Dorothy39
01-05-2007, 09:46 AM
It takes Plenty of Love and Devotion in order to see Pictures of One Contented and Dignified Cat~

Peanut is Beautiful, Diaper and All~

Logan
01-05-2007, 11:13 AM
You are such a wonderful mom, Debbie. It makes me happy that you take Peanuts issues so seriously and are working so hard to make her senior years pleasant for both of you. That little girl is important to me. I know you know why. :) I miss my little old lady a whole lot, and my husband is not interested in even considering a second cat for us, right now. If we have a few months without extremely high vet bills, perhaps he will reconsider. I keep reminding him that 2006 is overwith and done and I'm just sure that 2007 is going to be better. I would hate to see a statement from Dr. R's office on the amount we paid to him in 2006 and late 2005. And he give us such good breaks on our bills! I think Butter needs a friend, but Scott disagrees! LOL!!

Give the sweet little lady a gentle kiss from me, please. And tell her I love her.

Logan and Butter :)

kimlovescats
01-05-2007, 11:20 AM
What a good little girl, letting mommy do what is needed! Our AnnaBelle (poodle) is completely paralyzed now from the waist down. She is incontinent both ways and is in diapers. Things get really messy with her, but we are still hanging in there. It's not always easy, but she is a sweetheart just like little Peanut! ;)

jazzcat
01-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Such a special sweet girl (and meowmie and daddy for helping her out like that). I'm so glad she is taking it well and begging for food again. :)

Love the pictures!

Barbara
01-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Peanut was tiny three years ago when I got to meet here- now she even looks tinier.
What a sweet girl.
Hope she's going to make it for a long time to come.

ChrisH
01-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Aw, Peanut, what a beautiful and good little princess you are, and what a great meowmie you have too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/Hugs2.gif and http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/kiss.gif for you both,

Randi
01-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Debbie, I'm so glad to hear little Peanut is getting used to the diapers, what a relief it must be for both of you. :) You're the best kitty mom there is!

I just love the pictures you posted of her, she looks so content and ready to snuggle. :p

Also glad to hear you have some more time with her, now that you stopped working. I'm sure she's happy for that.

Please give her some kisses and gentle headbumpies from Fister and me.

shais_mom
01-06-2007, 11:17 AM
poor Princess Peanut!
You still look beautiful tho little girl!
I hope you dry out and continue to enjoy the snuggles!
Kylie and Kloe feel your pain they had baths on New Years Eve Day! :)

catcrazylady
01-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Awwwe! Our precious little Peanut! She is adorable in her diapers and I'm glad she is taking it so well.

Debbie you are an inspiration and a wonderful meowmie! You and Peanut are showing us how the senior years can be kept happy for everyone. Your wonderful attitude makes it easier for both you and Peanut. She is a very lucky and absolutely beautiful little girl! :)