PDA

View Full Version : UFO At O'Hare Airport

lizbud
01-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Spookey :eek:

O'Hare Airport Workers Say They Saw UFO
United Airlines Denies Incident

POSTED: 10:23 am EST January 2, 2007

Some United Airlines employees, some of them pilots, insist they saw a mysterious, saucer-shaped UFO hovering low over Chicago's O'Hare Airport last fall.

The Chicago Tribune reported that an object without lights was reported hovering over the terminal for several minutes before shooting up through the clouds. The paper said the workers are upset that their bosses and the government refuse to take them seriously. The workers reported that the saucerlike object left a hole in overcast skies after bolting through thick clouds with intense energy.

The Federal Aviation Administration acknowledged that a United supervisor had called the control tower at O'Hare, asking if anyone had spotted a spinning disc-shaped object. It said controllers didn't see anything, and a preliminary check of radar found nothing out of the ordinary. The FAA acknowledged the incident was reported, but it is not investigating. They're chalking it up to weather conditions.

United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy said company officials don't recall discussing any such incident from Nov. 7, but the paper said the incident was reported to the airline by as many as 12 of its own workers.

"To fly 7 million light years to O'Hare and then have to turn around and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable," said O'Hare controller and union official Craig Burzych.

The paper reported that the sighting happened 4:30 p.m., just before sunset.

The object was first noticed by a ramp worker for United, the National UFO Reporting Center told the Tribune

Some of the people who said they witnessed the incident were visibly shaken.

"I tend to be scientific by nature, and I don't understand why aliens would hover over a busy airport," a United mechanic who said he observed the metallic-looking object above Gate C17 told the Tribune. "But I know that what I saw and what a lot of other people saw stood out very clearly, and it definitely was not an [Earth] aircraft."

One United employee said a co-worker was "shaken" and "experienced some religious issues" over the sighting.

One manager for United told the paper that he ran outside his office after hearing a report of a UFO on an internal airline radio frequency.

"I stood outside in the gate area not knowing what to think, just trying to figure out what it was," he said. "I knew no one would make a false call like that. But if somebody was bouncing a weather balloon or something else over O'Hare, we had to stop it because it was in very close proximity to our flight operations."

The paper reported that all the witnesses to the event, who included several pilots, said they are certain that the object was not an airplane, helicopter, weather balloon or any other craft known to humans.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/columnists/chi-0701010141jan01,0,5874175.column?page=1&coll=chi-newsnationworldiraq-hed

ramanth
01-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Signs.

Husky15
01-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Creeeepy.

Aliens have always been one of my worst fears.

cassiesmom
01-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Isn't this a stitch?! Only in Chicago.

Catty1
01-03-2007, 11:40 AM
"UFO" stands for "Unidentified Flying Object". Which means - no one knows what it is - it is unidentified.

It does not automatically mean aliens....

I liked the one controller's remark about travelling 7 million light years and your gate is occupied! :)

ramanth
01-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Well unidentifiable means
A) Secret Government Project
or
B) Alien craft

Seems to me the government has special areas for testing their secret projects. Conspiracy theorist? Not really... but to pretend such things don't happen would be niave I think.

And the universe is such a large place. I can't believe we're the only ones occupying the space.

And I don't blame them for only observing seeing as we're a "shoot first, ask questions later" type of society.

elizabethann
01-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Cool...ET!!

I've always wanted to see a UFO. My Niece said she saw one about 2 months ago. She was very insistent it was a UFO.

BC_MoM
01-03-2007, 12:40 PM
lol, I don't believe in UFOs. And you know, those people who claim to have them on video tape, the tapes are always bad quality and shaky so you really can't see anything.

Until a "UFO" lands and I see an "alien" walk out, I won't believe in ET's. :p

Catty1
01-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh, I think we definitely share the universe with other species and beings...

I just don't see every viewing as valid...out of all the people at O'Hare, did no one think to snap a picture?

zippy-kat
01-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Oh sure.... try and steal our thunder why don't you? ;)

~the resident New Mexican

ramanth
01-03-2007, 02:01 PM
I just don't see every viewing as valid...out of all the people at O'Hare, did no one think to snap a picture?
Well, the people that reported it were employees and personally I don't carry my digital camera around with me at work.

Not sure if it was noticed by passengers in the planes or airport itself. I know when I flew, all my stuff was safely tucked away to make it easier to go through the numerous security checkpoints.

So I'm not surprised no photos were taken.

Argranade
01-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah right lol!

I do belive in faries I do, I do! :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
01-03-2007, 02:45 PM
If it was an extra-terrestrial craft, which would mean the power and technology to travel interstellar distancees, I don't think they'd be too worried about the weapons on earth. Somehow I think if that were the case they might just have the technology to defeat our chemical propelled weapons.

Edwina's Secretary
01-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Well, the people that reported it were employees and personally I don't carry my digital camera around with me at work.

Not sure if it was noticed by passengers in the planes or airport itself. I know when I flew, all my stuff was safely tucked away to make it easier to go through the numerous security checkpoints.

So I'm not surprised no photos were taken.

Kimmy...with phone cameras...no one had one???? People had them at Saddam's execution and took photos but not workers or passengers at O'Hare??? THAT is hard to believe. Trust me...people at O'Hare do NOT have their cell phone/cameras tucked away! (Try and get an employee to help you...too busy on the cell phone!)

I will say...I have spent many, many hours at O'Hare airport and seen many, many unidentified ...well things....possibly alien....

Pam
01-03-2007, 05:11 PM
or
B) Alien craft

Seems to me the government has special areas for testing their secret projects. Conspiracy theorist? Not really... but to pretend such things don't happen would be niave I think.

And the universe is such a large place. I can't believe we're the only ones occupying the space.

And I don't blame them for only observing seeing as we're a "shoot first, ask questions later" type of society.

My husband and brother are very strong believers in the presence of UFO's. They would pretty much totally agree with everything in your post. As for me, I am open to the idea.

lizbud
01-03-2007, 05:44 PM

They probably believe we are all to primitive to meet face to face. :D

If it's true about other beings out there, wouldn't that rock our world. :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
01-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Since I've seen several of them at different times in my life, I have to believe they are real! :D

Bad news for them if they come back to Kansas; our state just passed the ok to carry a conceiled weapons law. People are apt to shoot first and ask questions later. I really hate this law by the way!

wombat2u2004
01-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Personally, I don't believe in aliens and UFO's....I think it's a figment of of every Martians imagination.
By the way......has anyone a few gallons of trbuntanol ??? I need to fly back to Glyxon tonite, I've a hot date with an octolady (and I'm not telling excatly what she has 8 of !! ;) )

ramanth
01-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Kimmy...with phone cameras...no one had one???? People had them at Saddam's execution and took photos but not workers or passengers at O'Hare??? THAT is hard to believe. Trust me...people at O'Hare do NOT have their cell phone/cameras tucked away! (Try and get an employee to help you...too busy on the cell phone!)

I will say...I have spent many, many hours at O'Hare airport and seen many, many unidentified ...well things....possibly alien....

True, true. Though I know my camera phone does not take very good "action" shots or video. Perhaps someone did get a photo but it wasn't worth publishing? Or they didn't admit to getting a photo? :confused:

Liz, we probably are viewed as too primative to make contact with. *laughs* Let's just hope everyone that swings by for a peek is peaceful. :D

RICHARD
01-04-2007, 11:59 AM
or
B) Alien craft

In Los Angeles an "alen craft" is a 89 Ford Granada with 8 people in it. :confused:

Husky15
01-04-2007, 01:23 PM
In Los Angeles an "alen craft" is a 89 Ford Granada with 8 people in it. :confused:

HA!

ramanth
01-04-2007, 02:02 PM
*snort**giggle*
My sister owned a Grenada.