PDA

View Full Version : Court tomorrow morning --UPDATE Page 3

kimlovescats
01-01-2007, 06:48 PM
My daughter has her court hearing in the morning at 9:00 a.m. Also her "husband" has his hearing for his charges as well. Thankfully, my husband will be able to go with me this time, as he has one more night off work. I would really appreciate prayers and good thoughts. I have no idea what to expect. I do know that there is a good chance that she may have to serve some time, but she might get off with probation. Of course, I am hoping that Chad will have to serve time, since he was on state probation already. I just pray that God's will be done in this situation and that I am strong and faithful enough to be able to accept and handle it!

For those who are confused by this post, you can read the story here:
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=117133&highlight=Major+Worries

Thank you!
Kim

catnapper
01-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Many prayers coming your way for your whole family. Fingers crossed that she walks away with probation while the father gets some serious jail time.

kimlovescats
01-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Thank you, Kim!

Hugs ... ;)

moosmom
01-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Kim,

You are a very strong person. One of the strongest I know. ;) You will be in my thoughts and prayers sweetheart. What does not kill us makes us stronger. I pray that Amy Beth learned from this whole experience and cleans up her act. I also pray that Chad gets the book thrown at him and serves time in jail so you and your family can have some peace in your lives.

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Donna

kimlovescats
01-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Thank you, Donna!!!

Hugs,
Kim

Daisy and Delilah
01-01-2007, 07:14 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you all, Kim. This has to be so hard to go through. Maybe the new year will bring good things for you and your family. You've already had your share and more of all this nerve wracking ordeal. I know you're anxious to see it all resolved for the better.

Craftlady
01-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Good Luck tomorrow. I would think that your daughter would be placed on probation along with going through treatment & parenting program, since this is her first run in with the law. Iagree with others, Chad needs to be thrown the book.

Are they going to address child custody tomorrow? That would be a major concern.

A New Years Resolution for 2007... Your daughter needs to get a divorce from this creep. He is a bad influence on her.

jenluckenbach
01-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Many prayers for you and your family.

DrKym
01-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Lots of prayers and candles will be lit! Good luck to you all

cassiesmom
01-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Many prayers for you and your family.

From me too

chocolatepuppy
01-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Kim, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

AbbyMom
01-01-2007, 07:41 PM
I will be thinking of you and your family...sending prayers and warm thoughts.

kimlovescats
01-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Thank you all so very much!

Becky- I'm not sure what all they will discuss. Amy Beth doesn't even know who her public defender is ... until she gets there. This system here is such a mess. If you don't have thousands of dollars for a lawyer, you know nothing! :( Since Jenna is technically in Chad's custody right now (though he is living with his mother) I suppose things could change if he is sentenced tomorrow. All I know is that my husband and I will be there and find out whatever we can.

kimlovescats
01-01-2007, 07:54 PM
but if you could spare another prayer on my family's behalf. My sister took an overdose of Valium last night. Her son called the ambulance and she has now been moved to a mental health facility. This is about the 3rd time she has done this same thing. The holidays have always been bad news for my family .... as they are sad times of reflection for many people. Such a pity that we are so hard on ourselves and fail to see our blessings. :(

buttercup132
01-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I've been following the original thread for a while and have read every update you posted (I thought I replied to the thread but I guess not:confused: )

I'm so sorry that things have been going wrong. Hopefully the new year will bring better luck.

I hope everything works for you in court.And that your sister gets help and gets better.

Craftlady
01-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Thank you all so very much!

Becky- I'm not sure what all they will discuss. Amy Beth doesn't even know who her public defender is ... until she gets there. This system here is such a mess. If you don't have thousands of dollars for a lawyer, you know nothing! :( Since Jenna is technically in Chad's custody right now (though he is living with his mother) I suppose things could change if he is sentenced tomorrow. All I know is that my husband and I will be there and find out whatever we can.

Maybe she will have the same public defender throughout this ordeal.
Sorry your court system is a mess.

Zippy
01-01-2007, 09:01 PM
You and your family are in my prayers.(((HUGS)))

ramanth
01-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Many thoughts and prayers for you!

Catty1
01-01-2007, 09:50 PM
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference.

Thy will, not mine, be done.

HUGS!

BC_MoM
01-01-2007, 09:52 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Kim! I'm hoping for the best tomorrow! :)

kimlovescats
01-01-2007, 10:19 PM
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference.

Thy will, not mine, be done.

HUGS!

THANK YOU, Candace!!!!
Thank you also, Zippy, Ramanth, BC Mom .... I TRULY appreciate everyone!

krazyaboutkatz
01-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Kim, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I also hope that your sister will be okay. (((HUGS)))

ShylanHal
01-01-2007, 11:44 PM
My god! Why have I not seen this yet?!
Well... the other story for the most part, I've been away for too long, I guess!

I read your earlier thread, and I'm so sorry you've had to go through all this, and that your daughter and her daughter as well! I'm glad that you have a good family that can help and be by your side through this, and I'm glad that you are such good support for your daughter. You are a truly wonderful mother!
I'm prayin' for your sister to get better soon, and I hope that all this will be over with soon!

captain
01-02-2007, 12:53 AM
Kim,
I have been following this, but not posting.

My hugs and prayers are coming your way. You are so strong, and I wish you even more strength during this tough time.

Michelle

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-02-2007, 03:00 AM
Kim,

I am so sorry for everything you and your family have been going through. I hope that the court will resolve things for Amy Beth and Jenna's benefit...

Sending prayers and positive thoughts that this is the END of this dark period in your life, and a new beginning!

(((HUGS)))

ChrisH
01-02-2007, 03:02 AM
My prayers and thoughts are for you and your family.

{{big hugs}}

Pam
01-02-2007, 05:26 AM
Kim ((((hugs)))) and prayers and lots of love to you today.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-02-2007, 05:51 AM
Prayers and HUGS on the way! I'm sorry you are having to go through so much right now.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-02-2007, 05:55 AM
I hope the New Year brings about some positive changes for you and yours

borzoimom
01-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Prayers sent .. I almost hate to say it, but with a parole violation on his part, the sentence to him might be more severe..
I am at a loss for worlds, but off all my support and prayers to you! I have been following this closely- and pray for a quick resolution.
The valium incident I am sure was stress related. This has been a really rough time here for sure.. Prayers for that as well.. God Bless you and stay strong. You sure do have alot of strength- and as stated " God never gives you more than you can handle" so you must be very strong sister!

Laura's Babies
01-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Prayers sent and hope all goes well today. Hopefully this will wake your daughter up and be what it takes for her to streighten out her life and become the person you know she can be.

catnapper
01-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Just checking in for updates.... its 11:30 here, so that must be around 10:30 your time.... are you in court right now? If so, I'm thinking about you and your family and sending lots of strong prayers your way!

kimlovescats
01-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Well, after sitting there for a couple of hours, it was postponed until March 13th. Chad and Amy Beth were both called before the judge together, and the arresting officers and private investigator were there as well. Amy Beth's public defender was there ... first time she knew who had her case ... and he spoke with the District Attorneys. Apparently 2 different District Attorneys had differing opinions on what to do, so they were re-called to the bench later on. Finally, the judge stated that the State wants to prosecute BOTH of them (Chad AND Amy Beth) ... which is not a good thing. :( Since Amy Beth has not had a chance to speak with her attorney (public defender) all parties agreed to postpone the hearing until March 13th. Amy Beth was told by her attorney to call for an appointment asap to meet with him in his office. Oh, when the judge stated that the State was wanting to prosecute BOTH of them, Amy Beth's public defender spoke up and said that he intended to not let that happen. At this point I am very worried. The private investigator that arrested Amy Beth and had her sent to jail was there and had a large file in her hands. She stated to the judge that she "was ready"! :( At least this continuance gives Amy Beth time to work with her public defender / attorney, but I am still very concerned where this is all leading.

Thank you for all of the prayers and support, but this is not over yet by a long shot. I will try not to post any more until the next court date. I know everyone is sick of hearing about this!

Oh, on a lighter note, her MIL invited me and hubby over to see Jenna right after court! We visited with her and got lots of hugs and kisses. She also told me I could stop by anytime to see her. What a blessing to have her be so understanding.

Love,
Kim

Karen
01-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Well, at least things are moving forward, and, as you said, now Amy Beth knows who her lawyer will be, and can work with that person.

Most of all, I am glad Jenna is safe, and gets to see both grandmas.

borzoimom
01-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I was afraid to read this. Honey- you and everyone is in prayers.. I do not know what else to say or do...

ramanth
01-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Not sick of hearing it. That's what friends are for. *hugs*

I'm glad you were able to see Jenna. Was Amy allowed to go with you? Is she out until her new court date?

Logan
01-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Kim, never hesitate to "talk", here, if you need to! We don't have any answers because we are not living in your shoes, but we can certainly offer support and prayers. I'm so glad you got to spend some time with Jenna. I hope you can continue to do that. It is so important.

Much love,
Logan

kimlovescats
01-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Not sick of hearing it. That's what friends are for. *hugs*

I'm glad you were able to see Jenna. Was Amy allowed to go with you? Is she out until her new court date?

Yes, Kimmy, Amy Beth bonded out with me as co-signer, 2 days before Christmas. She sees Jenna almost every day. She just has to supervised. Since Chad is living with his mother, she (MIL) is really Jenna's caretaker, and she has always helped Amy Beth out as well. It's all a very strange relationship with these people. My hubby and I have finally resolved to quit trying to figure them all out! :rolleyes:

Thank you all for the continued support. I'm just going to try and get through these next 2 months with as little stress as possible. That should be a challenge since all the "what if's" will be playing in the back of my mind.

I love you all so much!!!!

Kim

Queen of Poop
01-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Kim, never tired of hearing about it so don't worry in that regard. That's what your PT friends are for. The next court date isn't for 2 months, please don't worry yourself to death in that time. There is nothing you can do to change anything, let Amy-Beth work with her legal counsel and let him do his job (hopefully he's good at it). Will keep all of you in my prayers. Take care.

moosmom
01-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I know everyone is sick of hearing about this!

Absolutely NOT!! We're all very concerned about the whole situation and hope for only the best outcome for all parties.

BC_MoM
01-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Don't stop posting, Kim. We're all here to support you. If anyone thinks otherwise, they can try spending a day in your shoes and see how much they'd want people there for them.

Our prayers and thoughts are still with you - hoping for better news next court day!

Oh, on a lighter note, her MIL invited me and hubby over to see Jenna right after court! We visited with her and got lots of hugs and kisses. She also told me I could stop by anytime to see her. What a blessing to have her be so understanding.

Sorry, I must have missed something in the other thread - is Jenna no longer with you? :(

Laura's Babies
01-02-2007, 03:17 PM
I am as interested in this as you was when My was my child in need, so no need for you to worry about me being as tired of hearing about it. Let's hope things work out in March and they are not so rough on Amy Beth.

Catty1
01-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Kim - post and talk whenever you need to, hon!

Will Amy Beth still need to get a job to pay back her bond? Not sure how that works...hopefully the system there can find her some work?

HUGS!

How wonderful you get to see Jenna - and that MIL is so good about it! :)

kimlovescats
01-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Don't stop posting, Kim. We're all here to support you. If anyone thinks otherwise, they can try spending a day in your shoes and see how much they'd want people there for them.

Our prayers and thoughts are still with you - hoping for better news next court day!

Sorry, I must have missed something in the other thread - is Jenna no longer with you? :(

During Amy Beth's 1st court appearance, while she was still in jail, Chad asked that the protective order in regards for Jenna be lifted so he could see her during the holidays. Amy Beth signed an agreement lifting it, and before I could even get back home, Chad came to my door with the cops and took her from my husband! :( Now he (Chad) is living back with his mother, so she is basically caring for Jenna. Which is a good thing, because he has never done one thing for Jenna since she was born. *sigh* Who knows where she will end up if the State gets their wishes and prosecutes both Chad and Amy Beth and they both have to serve time. :(

sirrahbed
01-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Waiting is so hard but maybe these things will help - Amy Beth having time to work with her attorney and maybe some good behavior time on her part will help in the coming months? I am so glad that the other grandma is so good to you. Jenna can benefit from both of you - and you can see Jenna often :)

Take extra good care of yourself Kim, OK? You can get through all of this.

shais_mom
01-02-2007, 04:52 PM
oh my
what a stressful mess!
please don't hesitate to post here, you are among friends.
{{HUGS}}

lizbud
01-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Hopefully your daughter will get to talk fully to her Attorney. Most
Public Defenders are overworked & underpaid people. They can be hard workers, just overburdened at work.Does jenna know what exactly she's
being charged with? The Attorney will work to get charges reduced or
dropped for probation. I'm hoping for the very best for the family.

Ginger's Mom
01-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please feel free to keep posting. I am still trying to get everything straight in my mind. When is Jenna supposed to return to you? I understand that Amy Beth agreed to let him see her over the holidays, but when will she be returned? Or did she sign over custody to Chad? I also understand that Amy Beth is being charged with filing a false police report; is she being charged with anything else? This private investigator was hired by Amy Beth's former/civil attorney, right? Your court system sounds like ours, :rolleyes: , nothing ever gets settled on the first appearance.

kimlovescats
01-02-2007, 07:18 PM
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please feel free to keep posting. I am still trying to get everything straight in my mind. When is Jenna supposed to return to you? I understand that Amy Beth agreed to let him see her over the holidays, but when will she be returned? Or did she sign over custody to Chad? I also understand that Amy Beth is being charged with filing a false police report; is she being charged with anything else? This private investigator was hired by Amy Beth's former/civil attorney, right? Your court system sounds like ours, :rolleyes: , nothing ever gets settled on the first appearance.

It is alot to keep up with. I will try to answer your questions. Jenna was only in my "care" for immediate protection when Amy Beth was arrested. Because Chad is her parent, and Amy Beth was in jail, he had legal right to have Jenna. Therefore, as long as he is available then I have no rights at all.

My original thread here: http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=117133 has the whole series of events. To briefly answer your question though, Amy Beth was arrested for filing a false report but as she was at the police department being arrested, she had STUPIDLY left Jenna home alone! :( Jenna was asleep and Amy Beth carelessly thought that her appointment would only take "five minutes" ... little did she know her appointment with the private investigator was actually an interrogation and arrest. :( It was a stupid and immature call to leave her child home alone and she certainly picked the wrong time to do it. I have to wonder though how many other times she might have left baby Jenna alone as well. :confused:

Anyway, she got herself into a whole mess of trouble and spent 8 days in jail until she bonded out. For whoever asked (sorry, I can't remember) YES, she still has to pay all of her $2,500.00 bond and it is due within 90 days or her bondsman takes her back to jail. She has made a couple of $100.00 payments and is trying to get only a $200.00 title loan on her car (all it is worth for a loan) and she has 2 jobs that she is hoping to start soon. One of them is with another nursing home (her line of CNA work) and they said she has the job as long as her background check is "ok". Luckily since she has only been charged and not actually convicted of these charges, they shouldn't show up on her background report. The other job (Wal-Mart) she has an interview tomorrow. It is imperative that she gets money coming in ASAP, as we are already paying all of her bills for her .... she had her rent for January already (thank GOD) but everything she will be bringing in will now be taken by the bonding company. Our pockets are already near empty too. :(

I hope I answered all the questions.

Kim

Craftlady
01-02-2007, 08:08 PM
she has 2 jobs that she is hoping to start soon. One of them is with another nursing home (her line of CNA work) and they said she has the job as long as her background check is "ok". Luckily since she has only been charged and not actually convicted of these charges, they shouldn't show up on her background report. The other job (Wal-Mart) she has an interview tomorrow.

I'm not sure but hopefully someone here in paralegal field can chime in on this but I would think since she has been finger printed (from the arrest) that it will show up on a background check. Also on most applications especially retail, they ask if you've been in trouble with the law.

kimlovescats
01-02-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure but hopefully someone here in paralegal field can chime in on this but I would think since she has been finger printed (from the arrest) that it will show up on a background check. Also on most applications especially retail, they ask if you've been in trouble with the law.

I have no idea about the fingerprinting thing.... anyone else know?
As far as the applications, they ask if you have ever been convicted of a felony .... she has only been charged as of now, not convicted ... so she can honestly answer "no".

jazzcat
01-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh good grief Kim, I had so hope this was going to be resolved today. You are right, this is far from over.

Thank goodness that his mother is being reasonable through this and allowing you time with Jenna. Hopefully between the two of you Jenna won't have to suffer so much.

Lots of (((HUGS))) and prayers.

cassiesmom
01-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Well, at least things are moving forward, and, as you said, now Amy Beth knows who her lawyer will be, and can work with that person.

Most of all, I am glad Jenna is safe, and gets to see both grandmas.

I read the updates backward from the 4th page, and when I got to Karen's - this is what I was thinking too. I'll keep praying. (((hugs)))

borzoimom
01-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Kim-
There is only so much you can do at some point. If she has lied to you etc, and as parents, we can only do so much- at some point " free will" kicks in- and what they do from there is THEIR decission.. I understand your frustration- ..
I just wish there as someway we could help you. You seem to the one that understands the seriousness of this situation-.. We are keeping all of you in prayers. Maybe God is bringing this to a head to make her realize there is no " half way" of living this way- its either a commitment.. etc.. All of us here are offering our full support here- waiting for anything we can do to help.
I am not totally sure but fingerprinting I do not think comes out on a back ground check. You are " innocent until PROVEN GUILTY in a court of law" and I do not think it can show up. People are falsely accused all the time- that is why we have the court system in place.. I really highly doubt it honey- I really do..