PDA

View Full Version : It's January and I Have Poison Ivy!

elizabethann
01-01-2007, 04:21 PM
I can't believe it. I must have gotten it from Fenway when I kissed & hugged him. He's been hunting for mice in the brush & I know there is poison ivy there (in the summer). But it's been so nice here (except the past 3 days) that I think the poison ivy either never went away or is coming back (thinking it's spring).

It's all over my neck & jaw, my upper lip, my arms and legs. I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow to get on some antibiotics. I look absolutely horrible and I can't stop the itch.

Sorry to complain but I just hate poison ivy....and I never got it in January before. :(

GreyhoundGirl
01-01-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm so sorry. ((HUGS))

I hate poison ivy to. ARG! It's so itchy! I'm getting itchy just reading your message, lol. *scratches back of hand*

lizbud
01-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Well, Congratulations :D :D J/K

Sorry about that. Must be a miserable feeling. :(

Karen
01-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Sadly the oil that causes the reaction lingers year-round. My sympathies!

Daisy and Delilah
01-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Oh no!! You have my sympathy!! I've never had it and I don't want it :(

Dorothy39
01-01-2007, 05:38 PM
I have my Sympathy~ I had a lingering case of Poisen Ivy in July!!!

The antibiotics helped, but the Topical Ointment made it worse!!!

Sorry about Your Bad Luck!!!

joycenalex
01-01-2007, 06:19 PM
i've gotten at least 3 cases of P.I. from the dogs. it sucks and what works for me is a steroid dose pack from the doctor. i'm so sorry.

Laura's Babies
01-01-2007, 06:41 PM
YIKES! That is the pits! BIG BUMMER!

elizabethann
01-02-2007, 11:38 AM
My doctor gave me Prednisone & also suggested I see an allergist. Maybe I can get shots so I won't get it anymore. I'd rather have shots than poison ivy. I can't wait to see the allergist. I hope they can do something for me.

Thanks for the replies.

:)

pitc9
01-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Wow! Yeah... you've sure gone and done it now!!
Getting Poison Ivy in January sure is a hard thing to do!!

Hope your Ich-ies go away soon!

Logan
01-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Been there, done that! You have my complete sympathy!!!! Last time I had it in January was when I was at a sales meeting in California, 3 years ago!!!! I was miserable!!!!! :eek:

Logan