PDA

View Full Version : Zubin and Galina casual show stack*UPDATED pg2 +Hottie and Femka

borzoimom
01-01-2007, 03:21 PM
They both are like- " the deck mom?? Oh jeez- I feel stupid out here" but shine in the ring.
People have requested up to date pictures. My husband is holding the lead, and keep in mind- he is over 6 foot tall. Also some people are not sure which is which in the pictures I post. Galina has a wider skull, and spots of grey/mixed with black on her left shoulder- Zubin has a longer head and tighter back skull ( more desired). Galina is also obviously shorter in height. ( as she should be..) Also- here is a casual shot of Zubin in the yard watching his sister down below. You can see in the one shot of Zubin his beautiful shoulder and rear, and his rise on his back, like his sisters, is spot on right after the ribs as it should be.. Anyway- here we go.. They start the show ring in February, and I can not wait!

Danegirl2208
01-01-2007, 03:26 PM
They are BEAUTIFUL Michelle! Thanks for posting these, i just love your kiddos :) And congrats on getting back into the ring!! how exciting :D

TFTpwnsYou
01-01-2007, 03:27 PM
ROFL! That 2nd one of weenies kills me. She's too diva for that!...lol

borzoimom
01-01-2007, 03:28 PM
ROFL! That 2nd one of weenies kills me. She's too diva for that!...lol
oh yea- you recognize the rolled eyes of " jeez I feel stupid out here..." ... ( bow to the dive- bow to the diva..)

Husky15
01-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Great pictures of Zubin and Galina. I definitely like the "diva shot" as well. :p

chocolatepuppy
01-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Zubin and Galina are both gorgeous! :)

Kalei
01-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Wow, your doggies are beautiful! Before I came on PetTalk and seen your dogs, I never even knew there was such a breed, but ever since I seen them, they are one of my favorite breeds now! They are so elegant and pretty, and they look very tall too, how high to they reach?

borzoimom
01-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Wow, your doggies are beautiful! Before I came on PetTalk and seen your dogs, I never even knew there was such a breed, but ever since I seen them, they are one of my favorite breeds now! They are so elegant and pretty, and they look very tall too, how high to they reach?
Typical males are 32 inches and up ( Zubin is 36 and half) Females at least 28 but 30 or higher is desired. They have to be strong enough to take down wolves or bobcats as original use etc, but elegant and dignified enough to live in a palace without disturbing things with their tails etc. Galina is 34.
Hottie is 34 at the shoulder, and Femka is the smallest at 32 inches at the shoulder. When Zubin is on his back feet he is over my husbands head by about two inches, and a foot over mine. This was take at 10 months old. He was about 33 at the time at the shoulder. Galina is eye to eye to me on her back feet..

Taz_Zoee
01-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Wow, such beautiful, large and gentle dogs.
I had never heard of many of the breeds I have learned about here on PT.
That is another reason I love this site so much. I am expanding my knowledge each and every time I am on here.

Thank you for sharing those pictures with us!! :)

GreyhoundGirl
01-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Aww, they're beautiful. So elegant. :D

:eek: Is it just me, or are their feet (especially front) HUGE? Wowzers!

One more thing... I think hottie and femka are feeling left out. *hint hint* ;)

borzoimom
01-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Aww, they're beautiful. So elegant. :D

:eek: Is it just me, or are their feet (especially front) HUGE? Wowzers!

One more thing... I think hottie and femka are feeling left out. *hint hint* ;)
They are supposed to have a "hare like" foot, so yes- the toes are long especially in the front. This is to cover ground and balence the leg in a all out run...
Its dark now- I will get my husband to hold Femka and Hottie tomorrow.. ( I got the hint.. lol. )

Kalei
01-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks so much Borzoimom for the info, greatly appreciated, they are a beautiful breed:D

elizabethann
01-01-2007, 04:22 PM
They are very regal looking dogs. Beautiful. :)

Dorothy39
01-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks-You so Much ~ Borzoimom~ for Posting those Beautiful Pictures of Your Dogs!!!

Before I became a Member on Pet Talk, I couldn't tell a Borzoi from a Greyhound :D ~Sooo, I've learned sooo much about Dog Breeds and the specific nature of each one to boot!!

Borzois are Simply Gorgious!!!! So large and so elegant~ I'm so Happy for you too, Getting Back to Your "Show Ring" Again!!!!

I really like the pictures taken on the Deck ( along with their facial expressions )

borzoimom
01-01-2007, 05:12 PM
There arent too many borzois. They are like number 95 this past year out of 157 so that tells you. People think the size and coat is alot of work- but they are very docile and the coat has very little under coat so they do not mat.
Thank you so much for your comments.. I wasnt sure about posting the picture with the peeved look from galina.. lol.

Muddy4paws
01-02-2007, 01:52 AM
Photos at last! :p

They look like BFEG... Big Friendly Elegant Giants :D

Freedom
01-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Wow, such beauties! Or in the case of Zubin, I should say "handsomeness!"

I like the photo of Zubin best; he is so relaxed, the tail is not tucked behind. And he is SMILING, ha ha. A natural pose.

Even though you mention that the coat is not much upkeep (no matting etc), I think as large dogs they need plenty of room and exercise? I love looking at them, but the size would not work for me in my city "postage stamp" lot.

borzoimom
01-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Well HOttie spent 4 years of his life, and his predessor Buddy spent his last 2 years, in a apartment. However- I did have a bike trail, and I took them for a mile walk or two every day. They love to trot along like in a pack. They really are more couch pototoes, but love a good walk daily. These days, they run in the yard several times a day as I can not take them for a walk. Sighthounds are known as " the seniors" dog for this reason and their demeanor in general. ( have to be encouraged to jump up, seldom if ever bark, and calm nature around other people - like not pulling etc. .. ).
Zubin is always relaxed. I have noticed the girls keep their tails slightly tucked. This is also a natural position for the tail- either slightly tucked or straight down. Even in full excitement ( like hotties video of the attack on the tv set) shows only a very slow and low tail wag..

borzoimom
01-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Hottie and Femka and try to get all 4 when my husband comes back from the store. Please remember- Femka was not trained for show, but we will try.. lol..

cassiesmom
01-02-2007, 06:47 PM
They are BEAUTIFUL Michelle! Thanks for posting these, i just love your kiddos :)

They are very beautiful, Borzoimom. I bet they would be terrific as therapeutic dogs for seniors. I was just thinking (and smiling) about Zubin having barked.

borzoimom
01-03-2007, 06:51 AM
They are very beautiful, Borzoimom. I bet they would be terrific as therapeutic dogs for seniors. I was just thinking (and smiling) about Zubin having barked.
The whole family still talks about that. Especially with the perception in our minds, Zubin is still the baby in the house ( as well as his sister Galina) ..
BTW- cassiesmom- ever since I got home from my surgery, Zubin has NOT put his head in my lap once! No pressing, or leaning, no worries- NOTHING.. He is back to sending silly 'instant messages" to people by pressing his nose on the keys of the laptop, and not on me.. ( hmmm).. They are both excellent Therapy dogs, but he does have a gift we can not explain..

Miss Z
01-03-2007, 12:07 PM
They're so cute, Michelle! Borzois certainly are beautiful dogs and you have some definite stunners there! :D

GreyhoundGirl
01-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Hottie and Femka and try to get all 4 when my husband comes back from the store. Please remember- Femka was not trained for show, but we will try.. lol..

I'm trying to be patient, here! (you know how hard that is for me. :p :o )

kimlovescats
01-05-2007, 12:01 PM
They are all just gorgeous! It is such a treat to see them and learn about them! More pictures would also be nice!!! ;)

borzoimom
01-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Its pouring down rain here.. Supposed to stop they say later today ... My guys hate the rain-..

GreyhoundGirl
01-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Indoor pics, maybe? :p

NOTE: I am not going to drop this, you might as well just get me some pics to shut me up. :p ;)

borzoimom
01-05-2007, 12:59 PM
lollll ( ouch) yes ma'am... when they wake up.. its borzoi crash hours..

pitc9
01-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Love all of the pictures!
They all look so beautiful!

borzoimom
01-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Hottie and Femka have been added. .. lol. I was proud of Femka- for not really being trained for show, she did a good job!

TFTpwnsYou
01-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah she did! Way to go Femka!

Chilli
01-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure if I've said this to you before. And if I have, I'll gladly say it again! Your dogs are absolutely stunning. =]

borzoimom
01-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Thank you so much. We tried to do all 4 at one time, but to keep them all stacked and lined up, I have to hold them ( and I cant.. sniff sniff pout pout..) but as soon as I am back on my feet, pictures of all 4 will come..

GreyhoundGirl
01-06-2007, 04:53 PM
:o I'm being really stupid. lol, I'm running my curser over hotties chest. It looks so soft. *virtual petting!*

Femkas front legs are really thin, wow. I never would have thought it.

*begins virtual petting famka as well*

They're so adorable. Of course, hotties colour kills me. You must have a lot of dead bodies lying around your house. Any visitor that comes over and sees your precious... (now it goes duo, trio, but what is four... :confused: ) your precious four-o. :p

(there are probably also dead people who have seen how clean your house is. :eek: They probably didn't faint before they saw you had 4 big dogs in the house)

And when the people wake up (the ones that only fainted, not the ones that melted competely) they will not be able to part with your dogs. I know I wouldn't. :p

Femka is such a good girl. :D I love the colouring on her face. The brown suits her so well.

Anyways, see? My proof. If you bug someone long enough, they WILL give your pics. You've been a part of scientific research, Michelle! (I gained a lot from this research, too. ;) ) Thank you for being part of research which involved me getting some more borzoi pics. :D

Pembroke_Corgi
01-06-2007, 05:02 PM
You have very lovely dogs! :D

borzoimom
01-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Thank you! Those are my 4 "ponies"...

DrKym
01-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Those dont LOOK like shepards.............gets glasses on :cool:

sorry couldn't help it *on floor giggling*

borzoimom
01-06-2007, 09:41 PM
not even close do they???? lol..

Danegirl2208
01-06-2007, 09:44 PM
not even close do they???? lol..

oh no no no they cant be shepherds!! sillly... those are giant 4 foot tall border collies.. dont ya know it ;)

DrKym
01-06-2007, 09:47 PM
ROFL ! Please I am so going to pull a gut muscle this way!

borzoimom
01-07-2007, 07:44 AM
ROFL ! Please I am so going to pull a gut muscle this way!
Thats for sure !!
Dr.Goodnow- it was so wonderful to find out last night we know each other from before in the show ring! I see people all the time at shows, and their first meeting is always something like this " oh you are handling borzois for someone?".. No- I saw this is so in so.. Then oh no shepherds today? ... etc.
YOu wonderful words and comments made my night for sure- and thank you!

cyber-sibes
01-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Finally took time to go through this thread. Wow, I love the picture of your husband eye-to-eye with (sorry I forgot which one it was). What a TALL dog!
Look at the Hottie - he sure is! He looks like he knows he's hot, too ;)

Borzoi's ere bred to hunt down wolves, yes? They look rather fragile (although extremely elegant!) for hunting such a daunting prey. Are they pretty hardy? I'm surprised they have no undercoat - being developed in Russia, I thought they would have a more dense coat for the cold.

borzoimom
01-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Finally took time to go through this thread. Wow, I love the picture of your husband eye-to-eye with (sorry I forgot which one it was). What a TALL dog!
Look at the Hottie - he sure is! He looks like he knows he's hot, too ;)

Borzoi's ere bred to hunt down wolves, yes? They look rather fragile (although extremely elegant!) for hunting such a daunting prey. Are they pretty hardy? I'm surprised they have no undercoat - being developed in Russia, I thought they would have a more dense coat for the cold.
They are actually an incrediably powerful breed. Very strong, with strong neck, shoulders and muscles. Their prime asset is speed and determination to chase. Usually up along side of the " prey" and grab the neck to stop it. They have powerful shoulders, and you are surprised when you touch the dogs, although they look "aristocratic" just how powerful they are. Wolves, bobcats etc including rabbits- shows a powerful, but agile breed. You can tell by looking at the length of the shoulder bone, muscles, and rear every inch of the breed is made to hunt with deep bones and mucle tone.
Their have almost no undercoat, but the coat is long and falls very dense. Trying to put a comb through them is almost impossible because of how much hair there is per square inch so to speak. .
My guys love snow- as I stated before, to the point I have to make them come in the house by taking their collars.
The one standing up is Zubin- as a 10 month ( actually closer to 9 months old). He has grown since then obviously

DrKym
01-07-2007, 09:28 AM
It was WONDERFUL to find a long lost friend! How amazing that it is such a small world! Wouldn't have traded the Gasps Luaghs or tears last night for a million dollars!

And yes I hear that too about the Rotties, worse though since I do rescue now and it is for dobies not Rotties (although the occosional Rott graces us for a time). I miss the ring now and again but I am so glad you found a breed that you will excel in AGAIN LOL! Still shoud've bought a Mystic pup yrs ago, *kicks self * :rolleyes:

GreyhoundGirl
01-07-2007, 09:32 AM
My guys love snow- as I stated before, to the point I have to make them come in the house by taking their collars.

(I've gotta do that too :p )

*pats on back for providing more hottie pics*

oh no no no they cant be shepherds!! sillly... those are giant 4 foot tall border collies.. dont ya know it ;)

:confused: What are you talking about? They are not all border collies, Femka is mostly newf, maybe a bit of border collie in there. That's why she can't show femka ;) . The others she shows, because they're purebred BCs.

K9soul
01-07-2007, 09:46 AM
They are gorgeous! I've always had a soft spot for borzoi and greyhounds, two of my favorite breeds. It's a treat to get to see your babies!

borzoimom
01-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Thank you!!

GreyhoundGirl
01-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Psssssssssstttttttt!

You should know: On gabbly everyone is discussing tactics on stealing hottie. I know a few of them leaked out while you were there. Most of the time you aren't here when we discuss our BIG plans for hotties removal from Virginia. ;)

borzoimom
01-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Psssssssssstttttttt!

You should know: On gabbly everyone is discussing tactics on stealing hottie. I know a few of them leaked out while you were there. Most of the time you aren't here when we discuss our BIG plans for hotties removal from Virginia. ;)
ROFL!!!! lollllllllllllllll..

kimlovescats
01-07-2007, 06:49 PM
They are all gorgeous, but I also have to say that my favorite is Hottie! I would watch being friends with Dr. Goodnow though .... :eek: she's already threatened to steal my gorgeous Panda kitty one day, I wouldn't put it past her to swipe Hottie either! :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

borzoimom
01-07-2007, 06:53 PM
rofl!!! Thanks for the tip!

cassiesmom
01-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Borzoimom, they are so dignified and regal! No wonder the Russian rulers wanted such dogs in their presence. Could you please pet them for me? Yes, again. Like you have nothing else to do today except to pet them for me (sorry). I never get tired of looking at these pictures!