PDA

View Full Version : Warm places

slleipnir
01-01-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm sorta having a hard time, and I really want to go travelling somewhere. Someplace warm, and nice. Any ideas???

Riptide
01-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Hawaii :D

I was just there like a week ago ^^

slleipnir
01-01-2007, 01:13 PM
I would love to go there, but I imagen it's crazy expensive. I don't have a ton of money

wolf_Q
01-01-2007, 01:13 PM
You're welcome to come here........but its far from warm! ;)

Kfamr
01-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Florida is TOO warm. :rolleyes:

You know you're welcome here, though!

slleipnir
01-01-2007, 04:18 PM
I'll probably be going to florida later in the year though with Zekey :D:D so I wanna save Florida till then....

Would anyone be interested in actually traveling somewhere with me??

Twisterdog
01-01-2007, 08:38 PM
I'd LOVE to travel somewhere warm!!! In a heartbeat!!

But alas, I have kids in school and a boarding kennel. :(

Go to Mexico. It's warm and cheap, if you stay away from the major tourist spots.

Kfamr
01-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Audrey, my dad and I might be driving to Arizona and then to Utah and camping on the way - Maybe in March-ish? It would be awesome if you came with us! Our camper has 3 beds. :D

slleipnir
01-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Audrey, my dad and I might be driving to Arizona and then to Utah and camping on the way - Maybe in March-ish? It would be awesome if you came with us! Our camper has 3 beds. :D

Would there be room for an extra dog :x If there is, maybe I could fly with Zeke to your place and go from there. Are you planning on visiting Amy?

Kfamr
01-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Would there be room for an extra dog :x If there is, maybe I could fly with Zeke to your place and go from there. Are you planning on visiting Amy?

Yes and Yes.

I'd probably be bringing Moo & Kiki.

slleipnir
01-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Problem.

I need a passport and don't have one. The chances I get one in two months are slim.

CathyBogart
01-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Santa Cruz CA is my favorite place in the world and it's not SUPER warm right now but it's sunny and the beaches are lovely.

kittycats_delight
01-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Problem.

I need a passport and don't have one. The chances I get one in two months are slim.

That actually should not be a problem Audrey. I am in Italy and I had to send my application to Ottawa and they sent it to Rome and from Rome it came to me. I had it in 1 month.

Just be sure when you fill out your application that you put your travel date for about 2 weeks before you travel that way there should be no problem getting it in time.

:D

Blue_Frog
01-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Problem.

From the Canadian Passport (http://www.pptc.gc.ca/index.aspx?lang=e) site --

To avoid congestion, delays, and waiting time at its offices, Passport Canada strongly recommends that Canadians send their applications by mail or bring their applications to a Service Canada or Canada Post receiving agent. A complete checklist identifying the steps in the passport application process, as well as the location of Passport Canada offices and Canada Post / Service Canada receiving agents, is available at www.passportcanada.gc.ca or by calling toll-free 1 800 567-6868.
Theres also a listing of Passport offices in your area (http://www.pptc.gc.ca/can/offices.aspx?lang=e&chkCPC=on&chkSCC=on&province=PE&chkPPTC=on&distance=25) that you can bring your forms to for processing. I think if you mention that you're travelling soon, they can do it in as little as 3-10 days:

From the FAQ Section (http://www.pptc.gc.ca/help/faq.aspx?lang=e) --

If you are not travelling by air, we suggest that you avoid Passport Canada’s offices at this time. If you need your passport for January 23, 2007, mail-in your application if you can. If you need to visit a Passport Canada office, avoid Mondays and Fridays as they tend to be the busiest days. Passport Canada’s service standards remain the same for the moment:

20 working days when applying by mail or courier (does not include mailing time)
10 working days when applying at a Passport Canada office
15 working days when applying at a Receiving Agent – Canada Post office (does not include mailing time)
20 working days when applying at a Receiving Agent – Service Canada (does not include mailing time)
At all times, to avoid delays, ensure that you present a completed application form and the following:

a proof of Canadian citizenship
supplementary identification
the photos signed by a guarantor
the required fees
any valid travel document, if applicable.

Hopefully that helps -- I need to get one soon too, but i've been slacking on getting it done. :)

edit: some links didn't link

BC_MoM
01-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Problem.

Not neccessarily - when I needed mine quickly - I told them it was urgent and they had it to me in almost less than a month!! :)

Just try and get is as soon as you can!

slleipnir
01-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Yeah I'll take it to the post office and ifyou pay them they will go through it and send it and have it to you within 20 days...shouldn't be a problem

My new problem is I want to take a vet assistant course which starts in Feb. If I'm in school, I can't go. I'm going to see about starting in the fall though...

Also, it really worries me flyiing Zeke. I could get a direct flight, but this is going to cost me as much for him as it will for me alone. It's going to be A LOT. I don't know that I can do that and pay for a bunch of gas too...maybe I could just come for a visit...I'll have to see how much it's going to cost first. *sigh* I wish I was rich...Butter sort of drained my emergency stash