PDA

View Full Version : That NOISE!

Laura's Babies
01-01-2007, 12:54 PM
The show last nigh of the fireworks was awesome! It went on completely around us, front back, and both sides.

How ever my poor babies were so out done. The noise started when the sun went down and went on until after midnight. Poor Amy was so stressed that she couldn't even walk and the spark was gone from her eyes. She can walk a little this morning but has a really hard time getting where she is going. Here she is last night. She got like this and looked so sad.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2818.jpg

The others got in a spot and stayed there. Chester would get brave when the noise would stop and come out, then would run back here and hide when it started again.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2815.jpg

Samantha did the airplane ears all night and so did Giz.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2822.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2821.jpg

It still isn't over, they are shooting off firecracker all around the neighborhood today! I'll be SO glad when all this STOPS!

I sat up until midnight so I could wish them each a happy new year and give them all kisses.

lvpets2002
01-01-2007, 01:15 PM
;) Awee poor babies.. Ok Amy its all over now.. I know my girls hate the Firecrackers & the door bell..

Bengalz
01-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Eve sends her sympathies to your babies Laura. She was sleeping peacefully when suddenly the first set of fire works went off last night :eek: then immediately dove under the covers - we didn't see her again until this morning :( poor little girl was not impressed :rolleyes:

Good thing New Years Day is a holiday - we can catch up on our rest ;)

Happy New Year to You :)

Betty

kimlovescats
01-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Poor kitties, but POOR AMY!!! :( Oh Laura, she looks so pitiful! I hope she gets more relaxed and feeling better soon! PLEASE give her some comforting pets and kisses from me!

phesina
01-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Oh Laura, how horrible! I hope all your babies are feeling better today.. especially dear Amy.. she looks so sad in that picture. Elmer is outraged at the bonehead people who do dumb stuff that upsets his beloved role model and mentor so much.

Please give them all extra snuggles from me and my kitties!

And, after all that, I hope you and all your kitties are finally able to begin a happy New Year!

Cheers and purrs,
Elmer, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Pat

Lizzie
01-01-2007, 03:11 PM
That must have been very hard on you, watching Amy's reaction and being unable to do anything to help her.

I was very lucky this year. There were some loud bangs, but it didn't start until just before midnight and was over in half-an-hour. It usually goes on until 2am or so. I don't think my cats did more than twitch their ears a little.

Randi
01-01-2007, 03:43 PM
It's awful to see them so frightened. :( Poor kitties!!

I sat with Fister during the worst with my hands covering his ears, and I had drawn the curtains in the room, that helped a little. :)

Hope they're all feeling a lot better today!

Kalei
01-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Poor Kitties, the first pic looks so sleepy and sad. I'm glad that it would be all over now, your kitties won't have to be so stressed now. I hope they are all okay.

catmandu
01-01-2007, 05:42 PM
We Had A Bit Of Fire Cracking Last Night, But Not Too Much As It Was Cold And Drizzling.
We Are Sorry Your Companions Were Scared, But We Are Sure That They Are Feeling Much Better Now.

Laura's Babies
01-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Amy has just given up on moving around today. The cold has set in here so I turned up the heat for her but she won't even try to get up anymore. I may call the vet tomorrow and see if I can run her down there for a depo shot but I really would rather not stress her out anymore. It is times like these that I just want to hold her and cry.... and our winter has just started.....

ShylanHal
01-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm so sorry for your little Amy!! And of course all your other lovely babies! Here in Corvallis was quiet, so my dad said. I had made plans to spend it with my friends a few towns away, that I hadn't seen in a looong time. But I made it up to them by feeding them a lovely turkey and giblets dinner.

I hope Amy starts feeling better soon! That would be terrifying! I remember during the 4th of July (being the worst firework time of year) my dads pooch and Fritti, my mom's cat, would both be so out of sorts. Comet would cry and bark whenever a cracker shot off, and Fritti would always find the most desolate, darkest, smallest and hardest to get to spot of the house and hide there until hours after the fireworks ended.

Give your furbabies lots of hugs and kisses and love and reassurances from me and my babies! Tell them as many times as you can that it's all over, or will be over soon! And try not to be too nervous, since they can sense that and start gettign even more nervous! :eek:

Catty1
01-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Sounds like Amy needs to catch up on sleep cuddled in Meowmie's arms!

I am sure it was stress and lack of sleep...poor widdle girl...

Remember all the times this feisty one has surprised you!

HUGS to wee Amy and you!

catfamily
01-02-2007, 03:04 PM
That breaks my heart to see Amy like that.I hate fireworks!!Ever since having cats.The people had tons of fireworks across the road from us on the 4th of July and my cats were so stressed out and I knew it was illegal so I darted over there and started screaming at them.I was livid!They were on my rooftop and everything.Could of burnt my house down.
Needless to say...the party is down the road next 4th of july.I'm glad their were none close on New Years eve.

jennielynn1970
01-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Awe... poor Amy! It just breaks your heart when they have a hard time to begin with, and then other people unknowingly make it worse, and you can't stop them! Did she feel better if you held her in your arms?? Poor little girl! :(

Laura's Babies
01-02-2007, 06:31 PM
jenn_librarian, When Amy is this stressed and it is cold, it takes her over a week or two to get back to what is normal for her. Stress has a long lasting effect on her and so does the cold. More bad weather coming tomorrow night so she will be stressed over if that noise if it gets to loud.. Poor baby... one thing after another with her to keep her stressed... and I leave tomorrow morning to go back to work. :(

phesina
01-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Laura, will Rie be able to give her some extra attention?

I wish I was nearby and could rush over and comfort the little girl.

My cats (especially Elmer) and I send our love to her.

Love to all of you,

Pat, Elmer, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy

jennielynn1970
01-03-2007, 01:51 PM
jenn_librarian, When Amy is this stressed and it is cold, it takes her over a week or two to get back to what is normal for her. Stress has a long lasting effect on her and so does the cold. More bad weather coming tomorrow night so she will be stressed over if that noise if it gets to loud.. Poor baby... one thing after another with her to keep her stressed... and I leave tomorrow morning to go back to work. :(

Oh my gosh... that poor little thing! It just breaks your heart when you can't do anything more than what you're already doing to help them. Do they know what causes what she has? Is that like when they vaccinate cats while they are pregnant? I remember the vet telling my friend that the kittens her cat had might be a bit "funny" he put it, might wobble or fall over some times, which sounds like your Amy. My friend didn't know when Aria was vaccinated that she was pregnant, she had just found her on her doorstep. All her kittens seemed ok though. Some don't have all the common sense you'd think they'd have, but I don't think that has anything to do with the vaccinations.

I'll keep you and Amy in my thoughts and prayers.