PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Roses Parade ~ Anyone catch it?

ramanth
01-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Theme this year was "Our Good Nature" and the Grand Marshall was George Lucas! And as such Mr. Lucas had two Star Wars themed floats and invited around 200+ costumers from the 501st (http://www.501st.com) and other costuming groups to participate and march.

To be in the parade, you had to send an application video to Lucasfilm and people were hand picked and flown out to participate.

Andy and I did not apply as we don't have Stormtrooper costumes. (We didn't realize that 2 months ago they put out the call for other costumes - the two Tusken Raiders are people from Wisconsin and Illinois that we know. :D )

If you have cable, the Travel Channel is replaying it twice. Once right now and again at 4 p.m. :)

Check it out! They looked great.

And many of the floats have animals recreated on them because of the theme. Of course besides the Star Wars floats, I was pretty partial to the dragons. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
01-01-2007, 02:53 PM
I was looking for you in the parade Kimmy!

lvpets2002
01-01-2007, 03:28 PM
;) Yes I did watch & Now Where was you Kimmy? Very Nice Parade & Adorable Flowers & Floats..

elizabethann
01-01-2007, 04:16 PM
I saw the stormtroopers & thought they were great. And they marched really well too.

ramanth
01-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Alas, we were not in the parade. Kind of kicking ourselves now for not applying, but that's okay. We're proud of our friends that did get to go.

They had real drill sargents teaching them how to march! The troopers flew in on the 27th and had 3 hour practices twice a day until parade day! :eek: :D