PDA

View Full Version : A Tiny Visitor!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-19-2002, 12:49 PM
Rustle! Rustle! Stomp! Stomp! Stomp! These were the sounds I heard this morning when I went to check my mail. What could be making such a noise in that pile of leaves? Too noisey for a bird; not noisey enough for a cat. I went and peeked. There was a young bunny munching on new leaves of a weed poking through some dried leaves that missed getting raked up in the Fall. He was so CUTE. He was maybe almost half grown. I haven't seen any wild bunnies in town for YEARS. There used to be tons of them. After washing a hind foot and not seeming to mind an audiance, he hopped off into some brush. I hope he comes back. If I see him again, I may start leaving some special bunny goodies out for him. The city came and put a new fire hydrant in on my corner shortly after the bunny left, so he may think this neighborhood is too noisey; I hope not. Cute! Cute! Cute! Did I mention he was cute?:D :D

zippy-kat
06-19-2002, 12:59 PM
so great to have another bunnie fan!!!

Now...how do we go about convincing you to get a house bun?! LOL You'd make such a good bunnie mom!!

Edwina's Secretary
06-19-2002, 01:04 PM
When my husband and I go out for a walk in the neighborhood we see sooooo many bunnies -- sometimes 2 or 3 in just one yard! And this is in the city of Chicago. Alas, we don't have any in our yard. We have most other common species; squirrels, chipmunks, possums, raccoons, and BIRDS. This morning I heard a woodpecker in the tree outside my bedroom.

I think maybe the raccoons discourage the bunnies?

Karen
06-19-2002, 01:57 PM
I don't think raccoons would discourage bunnies, but you may have very shy wild bunnies. We knew we have them in our city neighborhood, but only because when we have a light snow, there are bunny tracks in it before Miss Hoppy is outside yet!

Yesterday morning, though, I saw a very young - adolescent, I would say, bunny in our street! Very sweet, hopped down the sidewalk toward me for several feet before changing his mind and dashing back across the street into the bushes! :)

Heather Wallace
06-19-2002, 03:28 PM
The only wild bunnies I have ever seen was a few years ago when we where going on holiday, we stopped off at a service station and it had some woods, we saw them feed on the grass there.

Don't get any around where I live though, but we do have a family of squirles, and I love to watch them!:)

Bunnicula05
06-20-2002, 12:00 AM
Oh yes, I have this one little bunny friend that comes into my backyard all the time.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-20-2002, 11:56 AM
He was back this morning! I watched him for a bit then he hopped off around the house. He took the same path as yesterday so I put a carrot out for him. If I remember my wild bunny-ology, they eat in the mornings and late evenings so he may not get this carrot. I'll try to put one out early in the morning before he makes his rounds. What other treats do they like? My neighbors across the street have a garden. I don't want him hopping across the street and getting killed by a car so I need to make him happy on my side of the street.:D

zippy-kat
06-20-2002, 12:20 PM
PARSLEY!

Somewhere, I have a list "ABCs of rabbit treats"--i'll try to find it for you!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-20-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Somewhere, I have a list "ABCs of rabbit treats"--i'll try to find it for you!
Thanks, I'd like that. Cover Miz Sophie's eyes for this next part...I don't want to upset her. Ready? Our grocery store was OUT of Parsley!!! I couldn't believe it either!:D

06-20-2002, 12:34 PM
our bunnie Billie loves to get a fresh leaf of salad !!! and corn !!! Every summer , I go to a farmer to buy a supply of corn to get through the winter .
Succes with your new almost-pet !!! Bunnies are such swet pets !!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets