PDA

View Full Version : ~Pet Talk Gift Swap 2007 - Sign Up/Rules/Concerns~

Pages : [1] 2

Kfamr
01-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Rules/Concerns

You must be an active member for atleast 6 months & over the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may be able to participate as long as Karen receives telephone call from your parents/guardian - for more information on that, please PM me (Kfamr.)

If you have been late or irresponsible with previous swaps, you may not participate. If you think this may include you, please PM either myself or wolf_Q. If you fail to send a package then you will not be allowed to participate in any further swaps held by Amy & I.

Do NOT sign up unless you FULLY plan to send the items, no matter what person you receive.
Also, please be aware of the costs included in buying the gifts and also mailing them, possibly to another country.

The minimum cost for gifts is $20. There is no maximum amount.
The swap is intended for the pets and small gifts for the humans are well-appreciated. You do not have to buy an idividual gift for each pet. Certain pets can share gifts (Dogs with dogs, cats with cats...etc..) but please try and get atleast 1 gift for each type of pet listed in their questionnaire.

We also ask that you agree to insure or atleast send your gift by something other than regular mail service. Something with the option to track the package is desired. This way nothing gets lost while being sent to your reciever. If you choose not to do so, you must take full responsibility to send your receiver another package if in the case it gets lost.

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP if you plan to move/change addresses within the timeframe of the swap. If you are unsure of your current residence do not sign up. There will be future swaps.

DEADLINES:
The deadline to sign up is Friday, February 9th, 2007.
The deadline to send your package is Saturday, June 9th, 2007
You MUST send your package in time of the deadline.
Please do not sign up if you cannot afford, want take the time, have no motivation to send, or do not agree with our rules and requirements.

***PLEASE be understanding when it comes to these concerns. We have had circumstances where people have been irresponsible and others ended up not receiving gifts. We try our hardest to prevent that but we can't physically make someone send gifts. If you believe someone may be unreliable, please state that you do no want to swap with them in the questionnaire.***

Email your fully answered questionnaire to : [email protected]
The DEADLINE to fill out the questionnaire is : Friday, February 9th, 2007

PLEASE make your e-mail's subject your PT Member name.

------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Your full mailing Address (Include First & Last name):

2. Email address and Pet Talk ID:

3. Number of pets:

4. Pets names, ages, breeds:

5. What are your pets favorite types of toys, treats, etc. ?

6. Does your pet ever wear clothing (sweaters, bandanas, etc.)? If so, please list what sizes.

7. Is there anything you have really been meaning to get your pet(s)?

8. Is there any type of toy/treat your pet really does not like or you prefer not to give to them?

9. What are your hobbies, collections, favorite colors, etc?

10. If you were to receive a shirt, what size would you need?

11. Is there anything else about yourself or pets you'd like to add?

Questions to help Amy & I swap names...

1. Do you mind sending your gift to another country?

2. Please let us know, if at all, who you've previously swapped with if you'd rather not send to them again.

3. Do you have any preferences as to what kind of pets you send to? Please specify here. We will try our best to fit what is desired, but no guarantees.

4. If you have any specific requests or questions please address them here.

I will post who we have received so far here: (35)
Catmandu
Karen
Kfamr
Cathy Bogart
K9Karen
Blue_Frog
petslover
luvofallhorses
shylanhal
binka_nugget
manda_moo87
Husky_mom
Wenisrubber
Lvpets2002
kt_luvs_kitties
Critter Crazy
pitc9
Kater
Dr Goodnow
ramanth
Pembroke_Corgi
dukedogsmom
wolf_Q
Fur&Feathers
Kimboe
lv4dogs
Maya & Inka's Mommy
Catty1
Jods
beeniesmom
king2005
.sarah
captain
gemini9961
Doolittleky

Karen
01-01-2007, 11:06 AM
I sent mine!

slick
01-01-2007, 11:13 AM
The minimum cost for gifts is $20. There is no maximum amount. I have a real concern with this one. Both myself and Max would love to participate and we would be happy to receive $5 trinket so why does cost have to come into play? :confused:

Karen
01-01-2007, 11:25 AM
I have a real concern with this one. Both myself and Max would love to participate and we would be happy to receive $5 trinket so why does cost have to come into play? :confused:

Just so someone doesn't end up feeling "cheated." It's not usually an issue, but people have requested a guideline in the past, so $20 it is - no one checks for receipts to make sure you didn't "only spend" $17 or anything ...

jenluckenbach
01-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Quote:
The minimum cost for gifts is $20. There is no maximum amount.

I have a real concern with this one. Both myself and Max would love to participate and we would be happy to receive $5 trinket so why does cost have to come into play? :confused:

I agree. (and I apologize for starting this thread off in this manner) but I think a $5 minimum and a $25 MAXIMUM would make more sense. During the one swap I participated in (where there was a $20 maximum) some people went WAY overboard on spending and made those of us who honored the maximum feel embarrassed.

Just something to consider. :o

Kfamr
01-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Just so someone doesn't end up feeling "cheated." It's not usually an issue, but people have requested a guideline in the past, so $20 it is - no one checks for receipts to make sure you didn't "only spend" $17 or anything ...

Exactly what Karen said. Seems like when we do these swap sometimes it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of situation. People always end up finding things that don't agree with.

The limit has been in swap for years past, I don't see a reason to change it. I think a $20 minimum on gifts is just fine.

wolf_Q
01-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Maybe you two feel that way, but most people would be a little upset if they spent $20 on somebody and received a $5 gift in return. If a person has several pets I don't even see how it is possible to buy gifts that all of the pets can share with $5. This has never been a problem before, and we've done many swaps.

If you feel like a $5 gift is enough for you then you can state that in your questionnaire.

Karen
01-01-2007, 12:08 PM
During the one swap I participated in (where there was a $20 maximum) some people went WAY overboard on spending and made those of us who honored the maximum feel embarrassed.

No need to feel embarrassed - I may be one of those people someone thinks "went overboard," but honestly, I have gotten in the habit of picking things up when stores are going out of business, or having "closeout" sales, and then using them for gift swaps as appropriate. I have several items currently stashed away that I couldn't even tell you how much I paid for them, but it's assuredly not nearly what anyone would think they'd have cost me ...

And if you ever feel 'over-blessed" by what you receive in a Gift Swap, you can always share with other needy critters, right?

slick
01-01-2007, 12:13 PM
See, that's my problem with all of this. Too many people put too much emphasis on $$$$$ on the gift rather than the thought behind the gift. "Well I spent $50 worth and only got $20 worth of gifts back."

disclaimer: I'm not quoting anyone above. This is just my opinion so I will now opt out, shut up and sign off. :mad:

wolf_Q
01-01-2007, 12:19 PM
For the record, no person that I can remember has ever complained that they did not receive gifts that cost a certain amount of money. Nobody checks receipts or keeps track of what is spent.

We've decided that $20 is a good amount because some people have many pets, etc., and until now, no one has had a problem with that. We're just trying to make things equal for everyone....but no matter what we do somebody is upset.

jenluckenbach
01-01-2007, 12:23 PM
We've decided that $20 is a good amount because some people have many pets, etc., and until now, no one has had a problem with that. We're just trying to make things equal for everyone....but no matter what we do somebody is upset.
No! Not upset. I just think saying $20 MINIMUM seems, pushy or greedy, especially when you state NO maximum.

I know you can't please everyone. And I will gladly delete all my posts to prevent fights.

wolf_Q
01-01-2007, 12:25 PM
No! Not upset. I just think saying $20 MINIMUM seems, pushy or greedy, especially when you state NO maximum.

I know you can't please everyone. And I will gladly delete all my posts to prevent fights.

No need to delete posts, we're not fighting. Yes it does say no maximum but everyone has always spent pretty close to $20, not some huge amount. We give people until June to send it, so its not like the gifts have to be all bought at once.

Kfamr
01-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Either way, the rules have been set. You either sign up or you don't. :)

dukedogsmom
01-01-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't think that's an unreasonable amount at all. And besides, look how long we've got to get the gifts. You could wait until June 1st to send them and that would have given plenty of time to save a few bucks a month.

Zippy
01-01-2007, 02:18 PM
It is very kind that Kay and Amy set up a gift swap they are taking there own time to do this.Thanks for setting the swap up. :) Let's all be thankful we have 2 people who are willing to set up one.

lvpets2002
01-01-2007, 02:31 PM
:) Thank you Zippy..

;) For Sure Count Me In.. Let me go over all of the Q/A & I will be sending in my info.. Thanks Kay & Amy
It is very kind that Kay and Amy set up a gift swap they are taking there own time to do this.Thanks for setting the swap up. :) Let's all be thankful we have 2 people who are willing to set up one.

slleipnir
01-01-2007, 03:07 PM
I'll sign up...I just have to get around to e-mailing amy...

BC_MoM
01-01-2007, 05:09 PM
I sent an email.

Kfamr
01-01-2007, 07:58 PM
I sent an email.

You must be 18 years old to participate, or otherwise have your parents call Karen and okay it, please. :)

cyber-sibes
01-01-2007, 08:49 PM
I did this last year and it was a lot of fun picking things out and receiving gifts. My pups are still playing with their toys from last year (even though we've had a few stitches installed here & there). I'm going to opt out this year because lord only knows where we'll be later this spring :rolleyes: . Just wanted to mention that it was fun, and a big round of applause for Kay & Amy coordinating it.

BC_MoM
01-01-2007, 08:51 PM
You must be 18 years old to participate, or otherwise have your parents call Karen and okay it, please. :)

I will be 18 before the sign-up deadline. (:

ShylanHal
01-01-2007, 08:53 PM
How about just say that each pet should have at least $5-$10 for each? Like if they have two cats and a dog or two dogs and five cats, you spend maybe $7 or so for a toy or two the dogs can share and then another $7-10 for the kitties?
Like as a more general ratio rather than "Oh, twenty dollars min. If they have one cat, that cat gets a CRAP LOAD OF STUFF to get that tweny dollars"

And if someone feels like spending more, good for them, if others cannot or will not, it's not a crime, it's just spending less money. There are GREAT things that cost less than other items.

BTW: I'm sending an email now with my info on it. This is my first time doing this, so if I make a mistake please tell me ^^'

Kfamr
01-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Like I said, the rules are set. Maybe we'll change them around next time, but not this time. And, as Amy said, it's not like we're checking receipts, so it shouldn't be a big deal anyways.

dukedogsmom
01-01-2007, 09:09 PM
I think it's fine the way it is. I don't understand why some are having problems with the dollar amount. I plan to spend more than that but that's me. I've never been disappointed in a swap before. I think those signing up should just enjoy it and not try to change the way it's been done successfully for years now.

Vela
01-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I think the gift swap is fine just the way it is with no need to change it in any way. If someone doesn't like it just don't do it, it's really easy. You can also buy something nice for the person, doesn't only have to be for their pet. It's fine the way it is Kay and Amy, don't worry about it.

binka_nugget
01-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Sent mine in! :)

CathyBogart
01-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm filling mine out now! I see no reason to change the rules. Thanks you two for organizing this!

GreyhoundGirl
01-02-2007, 01:47 PM

Lucky you. :(

Kfamr
01-02-2007, 02:03 PM
As said, there will be other swaps and PLEASE be understanding when we express our concerns in the rules. Thank you to those who have been. I'll update the list shortly. :)

Kfamr
01-02-2007, 02:13 PM
You will have your chance in the next swap. We have had new members sign up in the past and then never send a package. We are looking out for everyone involved.

It really makes me feel horrible with all the sad faces, too. The last thing we need is grief when it comes to doing these swaps. We get enough of that later on when/if someone never sends a package.

Husky_mom
01-02-2007, 02:19 PM
when I first oined there was a swap which I couldnīt join because of the member time issue, and I completely understand it, it gives plenty of time to get to know if a person is going to stay or itīs just one of those that leves after a while.........

and the minimum........I find it Ok......as being said just because it says min 20 you donīt have to get the full 20........I see it as a just around that amount.......maybe you can get a 50 dlls thing for 10 dlls adn who knows....... also if you feel like sending a 5dlls.......3dlls......or even a no cost thing.....maybe you alredy had it or you made it.......thatīs fine.....I find it as a GUIDELINE to get an idea on what amount to send but not exactly that.......

in my case I bought way more that the 20 (last swap) and my shipping went to the roof, but only because size and weight were considered.......now i know best......pack it in the smallest box where they fit.......so only weight comes up.........haha.........

I think 20 is a considerate amount, considering many have multiple pets so you can get each species a 10 or 5 thing.......but in case in only one pet.....they sure get spoiled by many things or just one around the 20.......

Iīll get my info and send it as soon as I can........canīt wait to go shopping

Q: when do we get who we are sending to?

Sevaede
01-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Would it be alright if I signed up and used my husbands workplace (business address) as the receiving address? His parents own the company, we're friends with the other guy he works with, etc. :)

The reason I am asking is because this area of town is not really *fantastic*. There have been instances when my husband tried to receive a package, the person just leaves it on the doorstep, and it gets stolen. So, I just want to prevent that from being a possibility! :)

GreyhoundGirl
01-02-2007, 02:25 PM
You will have your chance in the next swap. We have had new members sign up in the past and then never send a package. We are looking out for everyone involved.

Yea, that rule I definetly understand. That rule is definetly nessecairy :) . Still sucks that I have to wait 5 more years... (you've got it easy, Borzoimom :p )

Kfamr
01-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Q: when do we get who we are sending to?

Either the day of the deadline or within a few days of it.

Would it be alright if I signed up and used my husbands workplace (business address) as the receiving address?

That's fine, as long as you know you'll be able to receive it.

Still sucks that I have to wait 5 more years... (you've got it easy, Borzoimom :p )

Why would you have to wait 5 more years? You are allowed to participate with your parent/guardian's permission.

Sevaede
01-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Awesome! Good deal! Sending out info now. :D

luvofallhorses
01-02-2007, 03:04 PM
I sent in an e-mail. :) this is going to be fun! :D

BC_MoM
01-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Lucky you. :(

Not really. I was rejected anyway. :confused: :(

luvofallhorses
01-02-2007, 03:08 PM
btw I think you and Amy are great for doing this! :)

Kfamr
01-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Not really. I was rejected anyway. :confused: :(

You were not "rejected." Please do not make assumptions. I never received your questionnaire.

BC_MoM
01-02-2007, 03:16 PM
You were not "rejected." Please do not make assumptions. I never received your questionnaire.

It sounded like you did.

You must be 18 years old to participate, or otherwise have your parents call Karen and okay it, please. :) to one of my posts.

I will resend.

Kfamr
01-02-2007, 03:21 PM
And you corrected me with the fact that you will be 18 within the deadline to sign up.

Husky_mom
01-02-2007, 03:46 PM
sent mine in!!!........:D

lvpets2002
01-02-2007, 04:29 PM
:) Ok I went over all the Q/A & got my info in now.. I am ready to start shopping now..

ShylanHal
01-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Did you get my questionare? I sent it in the other day, and the list has changed since then and I'm not on it.
I'd love to participate, since I've both been here more than four months and am 18 *loves her November birthday* ^_^
I can't wait to get shopping either!

luvofallhorses
01-02-2007, 07:59 PM
you have to be here more than 6 months to partcipate. :)

ShylanHal
01-02-2007, 08:10 PM
I joined in July... I'm pretty sure that's more than six months. I heard someone say four months... *rereads rules* @_@

I know how you feel greyhound- I have only been here for a little over two months. The cut off is still only 4 months.. oh well.. :(

I just got a little confused :rolleyes: :D

manda_moo87
01-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Sent mine, can't wait!! :D

kimboe
01-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Ooo..Another swap
I just want to say that it was fun when we had the sweet swap before, Got some really yummy goodies.
I think I may enter in this swap. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Nice idea chums but too much potential for it all to go horribly wrong by the look of it. I won't be participating but hope that those who do get a lot of fun out of it :D

Kfamr
01-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Did you get my questionare? I sent it in the other day, and the list has changed since then and I'm not on it.

Yahoo is funny. I just got it this morning.

We're up to 14 members now! :)

Kfamr
01-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Nice idea chums but too much potential for it all to go horribly wrong by the look of it. I won't be participating but hope that those who do get a lot of fun out of it :D

I'm not sure what you mean?

We've had gift swaps for the 6 or so years I've been here and none of them have gone "horribly wrong" as you stated.

There are some people who do not follow thru - however they are no longer able to participate in future swaps. Also, when the swap is over, if someone who signed up is without a package, then Amy and I (and whoever is generous enough) send out a package to that person. No one is left without a package.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-03-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm not sure what you mean?

We've had gift swaps for the 6 or so years I've been here and none of them have gone "horribly wrong" as you stated.

There are some people who do not follow thru - however they are no longer able to participate in future swaps. Also, when the swap is over, if someone who signed up is without a package, then Amy and I (and whoever is generous enough) send out a package to that person. No one is left without a package.

Wasn't a criticism - just seemed a bit confusing from the outset....could just be me being thick! Good luck with this year's swap

Kfamr
01-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Wasn't a criticism - just seemed a bit confusing from the outset....could just be me being thick! Good luck with this year's swap

I know that it wasn't criticism - I'm just letting you know that it will not go "horribly wrong." :) And just a little background for those who may be swayed by your comment and decide not to join. Amy and I do our best and we'll never let anyone go without a gift package. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-03-2007, 09:40 AM
I know that it wasn't criticism - I'm just letting you know that it will not go "horribly wrong." :) And just a little background for those who may be swayed by your comment and decide not to join. Amy and I do our best and we'll never let anyone go without a gift package. :)

Don't worry - no one listens to me! I am sure it will be very successful and look forward to seeing all the pictures of the pressies received :D

critter crazy
01-03-2007, 09:03 PM
I sent mine in!! I am so excited!!! Gotta go shopping!!!!:D

Kfamr
01-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Updated!

pitc9
01-04-2007, 01:15 PM
I just sent mine in!!

Kater
01-04-2007, 01:55 PM
I sent mine! :)

Lori Jordan
01-04-2007, 02:13 PM
i sent mine also i have a pet smarts close to me thank god!!!!

DrKym
01-04-2007, 02:25 PM
YAY sent mine sounds like soo much fun! I love to spoil my own so have "extra family " will be a blast! :D

ramanth
01-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Sent. :)

Kfamr
01-05-2007, 09:28 PM
All received questionnaires have been added! :)

dukedogsmom
01-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Sent mine.

DrKym
01-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Sent mine , havent heard back yet though? This sounds so FUN!

Karen
01-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Sent mine , havent heard back yet though? This sounds so FUN!

You're on the list in the first post - so you're in!

* wish I could- kicking dirt clods... kick kick kick...

Next time, you can play next time. Now leave the poor dirt clods alone - or you know they'll somehow end up on a white patch of borzoi-fur and getting tracked into the house anyway ...

DrKym
01-09-2007, 03:13 PM
YAY !! oh goodie! now to go online and start spoiling! :D

HAHA Michelle you got in twubble for dirt kicking and this time it wasnt me *giggles* yelling about it! :p

Thanks Karen, where do I go to see whom I get to spoil?

lv4dogs
01-09-2007, 03:44 PM
I just sent my questionnaire in.

I know times are a little tough with me lately, especially with finances and the like but I also have to live a little right? lol I have been putting aside a few dollars each week (it's all I can afford but it adds up) to save for a rainy day (more like a day when I really need my spirits lifted) and it is adding up. There is no where else besides here that I would rather spend it. My pets are my life, they are what keep me going so I can deal with $20ish dollars.

And by the way, the rules are great! I've been in these swaps before & as much as I hate to say it, we need the rules to keep the swaps going! You girls do an EXTREMELY WONDERFUL JOB with these swaps!!!! :D :) :D

GreyhoundGirl
01-09-2007, 04:02 PM
lol :p Don't cut your feet, there. And it might have rust on it which is even worse... :p

Kfamr
01-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Goodnow,
Sometime after the questionnaire deadline, depending on when Amy and I can get together to swap names.

BM,
As I said, it makes me feel bad that I can't allow you to join, so please stop.

I have updated the list.
Again, please, please, PLEASE but your username in the subject on your e-mail. It will make it so much easier for Amy and I. Also, please answer ALL of the questions!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-13-2007, 11:29 AM
I just sent in mine :) . My cats LOVE getting pressies ;) :D

Kfamr
01-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Updated the list! :)

ShylanHal
01-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Can't wait til I find out who I get to shop for ^_^

I may not have a nice amount of money, but I've always been a pretty smart shopper. I can say that the pets that are getting my gifts are going to be pretty spoiled!
And hey, if the person that I'm picked for has pictures of their pets (which most people do, don't they?) then I'll probably end up including a cartoon drawing of them!

Cataholic
01-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Is it too late to sign up? :p

Kfamr
01-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Nope! You've got until February 9th. :)

I'm a cheater, since Amy and I choose who swaps with who, I already know who I'm swapping with and have most of my shopping done. :p BUT, I'm thinking ahead because I'm going on vacation during the swap time, so I want to be able to get it out before we go on vacation. :p

Husky_mom
01-18-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm a cheater......... I already know who I'm swapping with

:eek: :eek: :p you cheater.......:D.........

lucky you, we still need go shopping......altough Iīve been buying extra stuff, so maybe I can use in a swap.........and if not .......lucky pooches of mine......LOL

lvpets2002
01-18-2007, 02:47 PM
:) Ohh poopoo cheaters.. :p I want too Know Know.. Can you give us just a hint kay.. I promise I wont tell :D

Kfamr
01-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Okay, my hint to you all....
You will get someone with pet/s. ;)

We've got about 3 weeks to go to sign up!

critter crazy
01-18-2007, 02:59 PM
I wuld just like to say that since i signed up for this, I have lost two rabbits, and gained one dog! Just incase the info is needed!:)

Kfamr
01-18-2007, 03:02 PM
I wuld just like to say that since i signed up for this, I have lost two rabbits, and gained one dog! Just incase the info is needed!:)

Okay, I will change that for you. Sorry about your loss. :(

critter crazy
01-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Okay, I will change that for you. Sorry about your loss. :(
t was for a good cause, sono worries! I gave mhy bunnies to a good friend who had just lost hers at Christmas! so they are still around, just not with me.:)

dukedogsmom
01-20-2007, 02:13 AM
Wow! This is going to be a good swap.

beeniesmom
01-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Whhoooohoooo! I sent mine in!

Pssst: luv4dogs is on your list of partecipants twice. :P

Kfamr
01-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Updated & we got your e-mail Katie. :)

k9krazee
01-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Wow, how am I just now seeing this?! I've always wanted to do a gift swap...hrmmm.....I'll have to think about it :o

Catty1
01-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Katie, did you get my application? :)

Kfamr
01-28-2007, 06:56 AM
If you're ever wondering if I've got your questionnaire - check the first post. I list all of the ones I've received there. :)

king2005
01-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Just sent mine in :D

I'm so happy I finally have pets that can receive things :D

I didn't list the turtle, fish, rats or spider, as they don't need anything, but the new dogs deffently do :D

Thanks for hosting the pet swap again girls!!! As always its a blast to do & the rules are 100% ok :D

beeniesmom
01-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Ahhh I can't wait to see who I get! :P
There's gonna be some lucky pooches!

Kfamr
01-31-2007, 11:17 PM
We've got 9 more days to sign up - come on guys! :)

.sarah
02-01-2007, 12:31 AM
I decided I could spare a few bucks, so I just sent mine in ;)

Kfamr
02-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Added you! :)

wolf_Q
02-04-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm sure Kay will update the list soon, just wanted to say that Captain and Gemini9961's emails were received.

I've been going through all of them and creating my "preferences" sheet to make it easier for us to swap names. A few people did not fill out the last few questions, so unless I hear otherwise, I'm assuming you have no preferences to where/who you send to.

Also I've noticed some of the lists of pets don't look correct, so if you have new pets or don't have some of the pets listed, please pm Kay or I so we can correct it. Thanks.

CathyBogart
02-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Oooh, I'm so eager to see who I get! I've got ideas piling up!!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Oooh, I'm so eager to see who I get! I've got ideas piling up!!
Me too! I can't wait to go shopping! :D

wolf_Q
02-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm excited too, I hope everything goes well in this swap. :) We should have the names out by Sunday most likely. Make sure your pm boxes have room.

PJ's Mom
02-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Is it too late to join?

Kfamr
02-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Nope! Everyone's got until the 9th. :)

Husky_mom
02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
two more days till the fun shopping begins!!..........aaaaaahhhhh canīt wait!!!

lvpets2002
02-07-2007, 12:59 PM
:) I second that && Let The Fun Begin!! :D
two more days till the fun shopping begins!!..........aaaaaahhhhh canīt wait!!!

Scooter's Mom
02-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I hope ya'll have a grand time with this! I will hopefully get to sign up for the next one. Can't sign up for this one since I'm so new, but it looks like a blast, and I can't wait to see what everyone shares!

Have fun! :)

Husky_mom
02-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Today is THE day!!........YAY!!!.........Iīm soo hyper right now!!

CathyBogart
02-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Ooooh!! *Bouncy* I just got paid, I'm ready to shop!! You two are awesome for organizing this!

ramanth
02-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Looking forward to finding out who I'm shopping for. :D

My PM box is cleaned out and ready for info. ;)

Kfamr
02-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Today is the last day to sign up, however, names won't be out until Sunday. Amy and I both have a time set to "get together" and swap names then. :)

Husky_mom
02-09-2007, 03:09 PM
aw man......Iīll have to wait till monday then.......

(no worries I knew youīll swap names on sunday beforehand, just too excited about it;))

CathyBogart
02-10-2007, 12:35 AM
*fidgets impatiently* Just kidding of course, but I'm soooooo looking forward to this!

beeniesmom
02-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Hehe I rushed to get online this morning to see who I got.
I haven't even had any coffee! hehe
I guess I'll check in tomorrow! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-10-2007, 07:36 AM
I cannot wait to know whom I am swapping with!! :D
I will start shopping immediately, because a new operation is in the air... :(

kimboe
02-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Oooo...I can't wait!
This is going to be so much fun!! :p

wolf_Q
02-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Just a quick reminder, the person you are sending to is NOT the same person you are receiving a gift from. It's meant to be a surprise, so please don't post who you are sending to. If you have any questions, please pm Kay or I and we will contact the person for you. Thanks, and have fun! The names will be sent by pm sometime today.

beeniesmom
02-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Cool... I thought it would be a swap in the real sense!
Instead it's like a secret santa! hehe
:)

critter crazy
02-11-2007, 12:59 PM
I am so excited!! I cant wait!!!:eek:

DrKym
02-11-2007, 01:16 PM
It is exciting!! Can't wait to see who I get to spoil! :D

YAY got my PM hehehehehe now off to the stores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!online of course! Oh how FUN!!!!!!!! :D

Kfamr
02-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Everything was sent - please visit: http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=121837

DogLover9501
02-11-2007, 03:23 PM
I sent a questionnaire a while ago, noticed I wasn't put onto the list so I sent it again. Was it not received?

wolf_Q
02-11-2007, 03:27 PM
I sent a questionnaire a while ago, noticed I wasn't put onto the list so I sent it again. Was it not received?

No, it was never received. Did you send it to [email protected]? I wish you would have pm'd one of us earlier, I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done now.

beeniesmom
02-11-2007, 05:28 PM
I Am Thrilled With Who I Am Shopping For! Yayayaya

PJ's Mom
02-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Today is the last day to sign up, however, names won't be out until Sunday. Amy and I both have a time set to "get together" and swap names then. :)

I could've sworn today was the 9th. I'm not sure where the 9th went, but obviously I missed it. :p :(

DogLover9501
02-12-2007, 01:09 AM
No, it was never received. Did you send it to [email protected]? I wish you would have pm'd one of us earlier, I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done now.

I just double checked the sent messages, and it was the correct Email. Not sure what happened. I understand though, had meant to check the list again after sending the second email, but didn't think of it.

lvpets2002
02-12-2007, 11:46 AM
;) ;) WooHoo I am so Excited with Whom I get to Spoil & Shop For!! Just a Hint = He lives in Canada.. :D

Kfamr
02-12-2007, 02:00 PM
PJ's Mom, Cincy's Mom, Doglover, and anyone else who didn't send a questionnaire on time - feel free to send one now. You have until Friday, February 16th, 2007. We will be swapping names with whatever latecomers we have - so if you have many requirements/preferences, it may be possible that we cannot fit them depending on who enter.

Us the same questionnaire/guideline in the first post.

Husky_mom
02-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Yipee !! Ya!! YAY!!!........got my swap person!!.........now gotta go shopping!!.......FUN!!!.......

king2005
02-12-2007, 02:24 PM
WOOHOO got my person!
& the fun begins :D

DogLover9501
02-12-2007, 04:58 PM
PJ's Mom, Cincy's Mom, Doglover, and anyone else who didn't send a questionnaire on time - feel free to send one now. You have until Friday, February 16th, 2007. We will be swapping names with whatever latecomers we have - so if you have many requirements/preferences, it may be possible that we cannot fit them depending on who enter.

Us the same questionnaire/guideline in the first post.

Thank you! I have re-sent mine.

lv4dogs
02-17-2007, 09:31 AM
I got my person! I can't wait, I already started shopping.

I must of read it wrong before because I thought they had to be mailed out sooner than June. 4 months is a long time to wait. lol lol Don't worry though, it's all good. ;)

beeniesmom
02-17-2007, 09:39 AM
I agree. I will probably mail mine out by mid or end of March.
I have already gotten a bunch of stuff and will be ordering more via internet soon.

Do we need to notify the person directly that we mailed thier package or do we notify wolfQ that will tell the person to keep an eye out for it? :confused:

DrKym
02-17-2007, 09:49 AM
I agree I have a bunch too, this has been a blast (and a great way to spend that week in hospital) shopping online for unsuspecting critters! :D
If it has to be in June is it possible to mail 2 seperate pkgs then? one now and one later ? or is it set up for a like a xmas in June theme thing?

thanks
Kym

DrKym
02-17-2007, 09:49 AM
I agree I have a bunch too, this has been a blast (and a great way to spend that week in hospital) shopping online for unsuspecting critters! :D
If it has to be in June is it possible to mail 2 seperate pkgs then? one now and one later ? or is it set up for a like a xmas in June theme thing?

thanks
Kym

Karen
02-17-2007, 09:53 AM
No, it can be mailed at any time. June is just the deadline, that's all.

wolf_Q
02-17-2007, 10:00 AM
I must of read it wrong before because I thought they had to be mailed out sooner than June. 4 months is a long time to wait. lol lol Don't worry though, it's all good. ;)

You don't have to wait that long to mail it, you can mail it today if you want, that's just the deadline. Most people send before that.

Beeniesmom you can pm me (or Kay) and we'll let the person know to watch out for the package.

wolf_Q
02-20-2007, 06:40 PM
For those in the late gift swap........I just sent out the information. Sorry it's late, I though Kay had sent it and she thought I did. :o But its out now, so if any of you 4 did not get my pm please let me know.

CathyBogart
03-07-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm excited, I finally went out and bought a bunch of good stuff. Some of it I wanted to keep for myself. Two or three more goodies and it's all set. Muahahaha. :D :D :D

petslover
03-10-2007, 05:08 PM
I just finished shopping for my gift swap person. I have the box ready to go and it will be out first thing Monday. :)

I really hope they like it all. :)

luvofallhorses
03-10-2007, 06:40 PM
I got my package from wolf_Q a couple days ago, she knows but I just thought I'd post I got it and once I find my camera, I will get pics. :D thanks again, Amy! :)

ETA : I will be going shopping soon for my person and be sending it out soon after that. :D

lvpets2002
03-12-2007, 10:16 AM
:) I got all my presents bought & wraped for my Swap Buddy.. Its to go to the post office Tues 13th for the traveling..

pitc9
03-12-2007, 11:24 AM
The person that has my name contacted Kay and asked for my favorite pictures. I sent them to Kay, but they were too small. I'm in the process of trying to take better pictures, but have not had the time to do so and I also have a old crappy camera.
It's not just a matter of snapping pics with my dogs. It's hard to get good pics of Bud, the second he sees me he comes running and all I get is a super close up of his nose! :o
I'm sorry.... I'm still trying!

beeniesmom
03-12-2007, 11:33 AM
The items I ordered from the internet for my swapper should be here tomorrow. Yay!
I'll probably be able to assemble the package and send it by Friday!
Soooo exciting!

critter crazy
03-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Just finished shopping for my swapper!! woohoo! that was way too much fun! I should have it mailed out by tomarrow! :D

Edit: Was able to ship out today, so should arrive in about 7-10 days! :D

lvpets2002
03-12-2007, 11:55 AM
;) Oh yes I know that feeling.. Lili & Brandy my dogs do the very same thing.. Your like could you back up a bit or play in the yard.. What I do is to throw a ball or frisbie to get their attention && then snap snapa picture.. :D
The person that has my name contacted Kay and asked for my favorite pictures. I sent them to Kay, but they were too small. I'm in the process of trying to take better pictures, but have not had the time to do so and I also have a old crappy camera.
It's not just a matter of snapping pics with my dogs. It's hard to get good pics of Bud, the second he sees me he comes running and all I get is a super close up of his nose! :o
I'm sorry.... I'm still trying!

petslover
03-12-2007, 01:59 PM
I sent off my swap package this morning. It should be there 2-3 days. I have a tracking number too if needed.

Husky_mom
03-12-2007, 02:50 PM
I have one question though..... I thought sending via USA postal service (considering my postal service is way too slow :rolleyes: LOL).......but wanted to know when do they receive packages I mean, just the morning or can it be in the afternoon, and do they receive Saturdays and such....... I might be able to go to El Paso,TX and deliver from there, I still got time so in case I canīt Iīll sent from here and still be on time :D

I still want to get a few more things but need to know about postal service there.......oh and how can I calculate shipping costs, do they have a minimum/maximun size at all?...... would it matter the sender address is not from USA, being sent from USA post office?....... and also as about what things are considered not sendable.........LOL.... Iīve sent some non-sendable items before but wanna be prepared....... ;)

lvpets2002
03-13-2007, 10:46 AM
:) No it does not matter if your not from the USA.. You could ship via Mail from El Paso.. Yes the Postal Service will just leave the box in your Mail Box & or at your door.. Yes they deliver Mon thru Sat..

beeniesmom
03-14-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm mailing my package out tomorrow.

OK.. sent!

Husky_mom
03-15-2007, 11:59 AM
do they receive Saturdays?

how can I calculate shipping costs(are they based on size or weight)

and also as about what things are considered not sendable.........LOL.... Iīve sent some non-sendable items before but wanna be prepared....... ;)

thanks for the info :D I just need these last three things cleared out haha

I ask because if I try send from here...... ALL food is a big no-no, which Iīve sent before bt still a no-no..... naughty me ;)
and also so can only send 3 items equal of different (can you imagine, of course I send more than that but I state they are big heavy things LOL)

If I go to El Paso it would be on a weekend so I need to know if they receive a package to be sent and until what hour..... because I would still be buying a few things and want to make sure I give it to them on time.......

petslover
03-15-2007, 12:13 PM
I just checked my tracking number. It is 4 hours away from its destination. I figure that they will receive it tomorrow!! I can't wait. :)

petslover
03-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Yay!

I checked the tracking number and it has been received!

Sue I really hope you like everything. :)

K9karen
03-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Mz Logan and I want to thank Carmen, Beenie and Frankie for her awesome, fantastic surprise package we got on Saturday!

I waited to post HOPING to have some pictures, but goofy camera shy girl isn't cooperating. But, I'm still trying cause she made out like a bandit! Thanks again, Carmen!

dukedogsmom
03-23-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm in the process of making something for my person. I hope they like it!

wolf_Q
03-23-2007, 10:46 PM
I got my package from wolf_Q a couple days ago, she knows but I just thought I'd post I got it and once I find my camera, I will get pics. :D thanks again, Amy! :)

Nudge, nudge, where's the pics? ;)

luvofallhorses
03-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Nudge, nudge, where's the pics? ;)

I still haven't found my camera. :o but as soon as I do, you guys will get pics I promise. :D

beeniesmom
03-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Mz Logan and I want to thank Carmen, Beenie and Frankie for her awesome, fantastic surprise package we got on Saturday!

I waited to post HOPING to have some pictures, but goofy camera shy girl isn't cooperating. But, I'm still trying cause she made out like a bandit! Thanks again, Carmen!

Still waiting for pictures..... probably too late now, huh! :p
Well, I'm glad she enjoyed everything.

Kfamr
03-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Please someone take away my right to shop. I keep finding things and adding to the package. I've already gotten a bigger box to put it in once and I'm close to doing it again. :rolleyes: :p

I'm going to have to force myself to actually send it before my wallet runs dry. :p

beeniesmom
03-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Please someone take away my right to shop. I keep finding things and adding to the package. I've already gotten a bigger box to put it in once and I'm close to doing it again. :rolleyes: :p

I'm going to have to force myself to actually send it before my wallet runs dry. :p

Lucky person... whoever got you! :)

CathyBogart
03-30-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm so close to done, I want to make one last thing, but I'm waiting until finals are over. :)

pitc9
04-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Lucky person... whoever got you! :)

ME!!! Kay had Me!!
I'm the lucky person!!

Kay, that you SO much for all the goodies!
I took pictures and videos but forgot to bring my camera with me to work today to upload them. :mad:
I'll remember tomorrow PROMISE!!

pitc9
04-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Here are pictures!!

Sierra investigating!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pc69819d7f32cd07ca1cd8ef62f3f8656/e9edcac4.jpg

JACKPOT!!! :eek:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pe1ff338c65204c2c842cc31117dbcc12/e9edca2f.jpg

Umm Bud... I don't think that's a dog toy honey!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p111108a483b8e6d383604ce0d8208349/e9edca3c.jpg

There ya go silly!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pfe0b4f2426b94f6ff10f99cd50c7dbc6/e9edca01.jpg

Buddy's taste testing the green one! :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p7fec4de4a149a27c70c6f12ba59242e6/e9edca0d.jpg

Both... checking everything out
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p6923fa14ea213956a2fa897318e3a400/e9edc9f7.jpg

Treats too!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pa7a10e573128e3bcb5bdf289432b32b8/e9edc9df.jpg

...more in next post...

pitc9
04-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Sierra modeling her bandana!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p592ef446017e4697e84033f335708804/e9edc9e8.jpg

...and taste testing Kay's home made treats!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p369282a435fdbc659fadcd3847719bf2/e9edc967.jpg

I LOVE this picture!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pb611ad20c245da22a4679d08b1c01006/e9edcd3c.jpg

There's Sierra... doing what she always does!! LICK LICK LICK!!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pfa5c1dcef060c7f7c341f35168d654cc/e9edcd27.jpg

Sierra... you look SO evil! :eek:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pf26d1c1b3c21e2f77ebeb1ad8bd033b1/e9edcce2.jpg

...still more....

pitc9
04-13-2007, 03:55 PM
And here's MY jackpot!! :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pd09dc3f249bedbc7b40e48991f701fb2/e9edcab6.jpg

A new sticker to add to the back of my blazer.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p8bf417fbafea3059e7490cf8304424d5/e9edca62.jpg

Kay... Thank you, Thank you... THANK you for everything!
Sierra's fav is by FAR the squeaky tennis ball and Bud loves pulling off the green and blue fuzzies!
The treats were a huge hit as well!

Thanks again for everything! You out did yourself!!
:D

Karen
04-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Hee hee, great pictures of happy pups! I still have a couple things to assemble, then I've gotta find a good box to fit it all! I wanted to wait until about the middle of the swap to send mine, so my person would be surprised!

Catty1
04-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I just have a few more things to get...several homemade catnip mice (made by volunteers at the Meow Foundation) and then they box is off!

Daisy and Delilah
04-13-2007, 10:49 PM
More great pics of Buddy and Sierra. They had a blast didn't they?? What a haul. Great gifts Kay!! :)

ramanth
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Great photos! I still have some last minute shopping to do. :o

luvofallhorses
04-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Great photos! I still have some last minute shopping to do. :o

yeah me, too! :o

dukedogsmom
04-14-2007, 08:46 PM
I did some shopping today and I"m just waiting for one more thing to be ready and I'll be able to ship mine. Found a great thing today! Made me laugh. I hope my person and animals love their gifts.

Kfamr
04-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Great pictures, Angie! I'm glad to see the three of you enjoyed your gifts.

I got my four (I really typed three the first time!) the same green toy, they did the same as Buddy. :p

Husky_mom
04-24-2007, 01:47 PM
I soooo need to get a box NOW!!.... since I havenīt got any I keep getting stuff... as I donīt have a certain space yet....... AND I still am missing a few things for the human :rolleyes: .......I should be sending in mid may..... :p

Pawsitive Thinking
05-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Been great checking out all the goodies everyone has been sending!

K9karen
05-04-2007, 12:07 AM
My package should arrive Friday..May 4.....

Kfamr
05-04-2007, 08:35 PM
My package should arrive Friday..May 4.....

And it did! Thank You so much K-Lo & Karen!
We were so excited when we got it today. W:eek:W what a load we got. We were VERY spoiled. We got a few pictures but our other computer is down, so only a few for now.

The toys are just perfect, how did you know we were looking at buying that donkey toy! ;)

I'll have pics up in a bit!

luvofallhorses
05-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I got the rest of the stuff for my person and will send it soon! :) I really hope they like what I got them.

beeniesmom
05-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Soooo Exciting!

K9karen
05-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Kay..fix that freakin' computer already!!!!!

Carmen..I DID get some (late) pics of Mz Klo and your swap yummies..pardon the delay..

Will be back late tonight..so pics (of a camera petrified pooch) will be posted late tonight or Monday. (Had some in my camera for awhile..so there are some snow pictures!)

beeniesmom
05-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Kay..fix that freakin' computer already!!!!!

Carmen..I DID get some (late) pics of Mz Klo and your swap yummies..pardon the delay..

Will be back late tonight..so pics (of a camera petrified pooch) will be posted late tonight or Monday. (Had some in my camera for awhile..so there are some snow pictures!)

YAYYYYY!

ramanth
05-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Shipped my package this afternoon. Should arrive in 3-5 days. :D

Kfamr
05-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Here's our pics!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=127074

dukedogsmom
05-14-2007, 12:05 PM
I just mailed mine. I hope they like everything!
ETA: I hope they like what I made :D

ramanth
05-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Okay, I'm getting a little nervous here. My PT recipient should of got their package by now.

I'd really appreciate a PM or just a note in this thread that it has arrived safely. :)

*nail biting*

lvpets2002
05-15-2007, 03:17 PM
:) If its me == then not yet.. Nothing in the mail box.. :p I love the eliment of surprises thwo.. :D
Okay, I'm getting a little nervous here. My PT recipient should of got their package by now.

I'd really appreciate a PM or just a note in this thread that it has arrived safely. :)

*nail biting*

ramanth
05-15-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't want to ruin the suprise either, so I won't say who the recipient is.

I just realized that I stupidly did not include a note or card in the box. I did put Kim Miller (ramanth - Pet Talk) with the return address...so unless they overlook that and throw away the box, I would think they would at least post and say, hey...got a box of pet goodies... thanks to whomever!

;) :D

beeniesmom
05-15-2007, 06:58 PM

*nail biting*

If it's me, I haven't gotten anything either. :(
Hopefully my swapper will remember to send it to my home and not my old job.

petslover
05-15-2007, 08:44 PM
If it is me, then I have not gotten it either. I like seeing the pictures of everyone's gift swap.

kimboe
05-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Okay, I finally got everything together in a box, Just have to wait till friday for payday to mail it off! ;)
I can't wait for friday--->>Three more days....and counting :D

Kater
05-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Just looking for *two* more goodies before I mail mine off.... :D

luvofallhorses
05-15-2007, 11:54 PM
I have everything in a box I just need to send it soon hopefully this weekend. :)

kimboe
05-18-2007, 05:43 PM
WOO HOO,
We got the package!
And Oh boy what a package, it was huge!
WE love everything Kim (ramanth)
I'll load up pictures as soon as possible.....and send mine tomorrow! :p

ramanth
05-18-2007, 06:48 PM
You're welcome! Pictures, pictures, pictures. ;) :D

Just happy it got there in one piece. :)

luvofallhorses
05-19-2007, 09:10 PM
I sent my package off today. :D I would appreciate it very much if my person would PM me when they get it so I know it arrived there. :) and I hope they like everything! :)

dukedogsmom
05-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Hey Cathy Bogart, get anythng yet? Just wanted to give you a heads up that it should be there any day.

CathyBogart
05-20-2007, 03:00 PM
not yet, thank you for the heads up!! :D

CathyBogart
05-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Val, I got it!! Thank you so much! Jasper hasn't put the gorilla toy down since I took the tags off! He's running back and forth making it hoot at him and he's got this totally wild look on his face. :D

Pictures forthcoming within the next few days! (I have to fix my computer)

dukedogsmom
05-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Val, I got it!! Thank you so much! Jasper hasn't put the gorilla toy down since I took the tags off! He's running back and forth making it hoot at him and he's got this totally wild look on his face. :D

Pictures forthcoming within the next few days! (I have to fix my computer)
Yippee! I'm so glad he likes it. My mom helped me pick it out. We were on that toy isle for about 10 minutes and my mom liked that one the best. Here's Dasher's reaction to that toy. Makes me laugh every time. Good luck with your computer. I hate having that problem.
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2u4lnd2

kt_luvs_kitties
05-21-2007, 11:24 PM
:D ;) I will be shipping mine off by Wednesday I hope. That should be plenty of time to get there by deadline. Whenever my person gets their "stuff", Please let me know so I wont worry! Katie and kits :p

manda_moo87
05-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Mailing my package on Friday, or Saturday. :)

beeniesmom
05-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Oooohhh boy, I wonder if it's Beenie and Frankies.... :confused: :) :p

Kalei
05-23-2007, 12:06 PM
I heard there is suppose to be another swap starting in the summer, just wonderig if anyone knows when it's going to officially start? :) I want to participate so bad!:D

Karen
05-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Probably not until this one is at least over!

Kalei
05-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Probably not until this one is at least over!

hehe, I'm just excited for it:D lol.

dukedogsmom
05-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Woo hoo! I got my box today but it was right before I had to leave for work. I have to work tomorrow too but I'll find time to get some pics and have some fun. I don't recognise the real name of the person that sent it to me. And I didn't want to open it up because I want to be surprised. I did get a pic of Dasher and Doogie by the package, though. Dasher had a good sniff. I can't wait!

Pembroke_Corgi
05-24-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm finally mailing my package tomorrow! I hope my person likes it.

It's kind of pathetic- it's been finished, addressed, and sitting in a cupboard for nearly two months! :o I think I might have a problem with procrastination.

Kfamr
05-25-2007, 05:59 AM
I heard there is suppose to be another swap starting in the summer, just wonderig if anyone knows when it's going to officially start? :) I want to participate so bad!:D

I'm thinking sometime in the Fall. :) We haven't discussed dates for another, though, not until this one is through. :)

pitc9
05-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Well... I WAS going to mail my package today but a certain man that I'm married to cut one of the flaps off the box that the goodies were in ready to be shipped!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

All I needed to do was tape the box up and go to the post office!
Grrrrrrrr!!!!! :mad:

I'll get it out on Tuesday.

Pembroke_Corgi
05-26-2007, 07:27 AM
My package was finally sent out yesterday morning! :)

Whisk_Luva
05-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Ok right this second I am not interested--- wont be until I get my other pet--- depends what it is to when I get it. Also it depends if my parents will let me...

I am just wondering why do you have to be an active member for 6 months? Because I am certainly not going anywhere! I am on here basically 24/7!

Kfamr
05-26-2007, 11:36 AM
I am just wondering why do you have to be an active member for 6 months?

Because it's one of the rules we've came up with after the years we've been doing this. In the past, we've had people join the board, join the swap, and then quit posting.

Granted that Karen gets your parent's permission (being under 18) by the time we have the next swap, you should be fine.

Whisk_Luva
05-27-2007, 08:29 AM
ok! I will tell you something I am not gonna quit posting! :D I am addicted :D

Whisk_Luva
05-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Would my parents have to phone Karen? Coz it can get a bit pricey from England to America- does Karen have any instant messaging things do you know? Because I have webcam and a mic so my parents could give permission that way......

Kfamr
05-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Again, it's one of the rules we've came up with. If you're under the age of 18, Karen must receive your parents permission.

Whisk_Luva
05-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Thats what I am saying..... Is it possible instead of ringing her to use an instant messaging thing?

luvofallhorses
05-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Thats what I am saying..... Is it possible instead of ringing her to use an instant messaging thing?

maybe she could call you because you have to have your parents permission if you're under 18. :)

Husky_mom
05-28-2007, 11:21 AM
there is this thing Skype........ tht just like a phone call, but through internet....... and with a webcam and a mike you can talk live with anyone around the world........... and FREE!!

Whisk_Luva
05-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Yep! Thats what I mean! Also I can do that on MSN

beeniesmom
05-29-2007, 08:31 AM
KRISTA!!! (luvofallhorses)
We got back last night from our trip.
My neighbor just brought me our mail ANDdddd we got your box!
We haven't opened it yet. I want to make sure I have recharged batteries in my camera first!!! Will post pix when we open it!
carmen

Karen
05-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Thank goodness for the June 9 deadline - I haven't mailed mine yet, but will before deadline, I promise! Still a bit of assembling to do, that's all!

.sarah
05-29-2007, 11:25 AM
I have mine all put together except for one thing, which I am planning on going out and buying today. It's going to be mailed sometime this week!

Blue_Frog
05-29-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm in the same boat -- i have *most* of the box put together, but theres a couple of last minute things i wanted to pop in before the deadline -- it should be out either this weekend or early next week :)

pitc9
05-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Whew.... thought I was the only one that waited till the last second! :o

Husky_mom
05-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Ok....... *raises hand* ......... Iīm too a last minute person.........

I have been quite hectic lately with my mind in zillion places........and Iīve been sick since Sunday soooo.......I hope *crosses fingers* to get done what Iīm missing so I can send off this weekend or the next..........even on deadline it might take a while to get there.........

I have the pets stuff ready Iīm just missing some of the humans........:p

luvofallhorses
05-29-2007, 11:57 AM
KRISTA!!! (luvofallhorses)
We got back last night from our trip.
My neighbor just brought me our mail ANDdddd we got your box!
We haven't opened it yet. I want to make sure I have recharged batteries in my camera first!!! Will post pix when we open it!
carmen

I am so glad you guys got it! :) I can't wait to see pictures and I hope you guys enjoy everything! :D

lv4dogs
05-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Woo hoo! I got my box today but it was right before I had to leave for work. I have to work tomorrow too but I'll find time to get some pics and have some fun. I don't recognise the real name of the person that sent it to me. And I didn't want to open it up because I want to be surprised. I did get a pic of Dasher and Doogie by the package, though. Dasher had a good sniff. I can't wait!

In case you haven't opened it yet I thought I'd let you know that it was from us! Hope yous enjoy all the goodies!

Kater
05-30-2007, 09:05 PM
I sent my package out today. It should arrive by June 11th at the earliest or at least sometime during that week.

Lesson learned: Just buy what will fit into a Priority Mail Flat-Rate Box!! :rolleyes: Turns out you can't ship internationally by boat from Hawaii anymore...so I kept repackaging everything into smaller and smaller boxes. In the end, I couldn't quite fit everything I had bought...

Anyway, I hope my swapper loves what I picked out!! :D

dukedogsmom
05-30-2007, 10:47 PM
In case you haven't opened it yet I thought I'd let you know that it was from us! Hope yous enjoy all the goodies!
I did. I just didn't have time that day. I'm really late on the pics and I'm sorry. I've been denying the critters happiness because I didn't want to give them all the stuff without getting pics first. I've gotten some but I want to get them surrounded by all their goodies. Dasher LOVES!!!! that squeeky tennis ball. So much that he broke the squeeker and now it makes this weird popping sound. And he carries it everywhere. I even have to make him leave it inside when we go outside. So, I'm going to get more of those on my day off, as well. Thanks so much! I got some pics of Doogie getting stupid on the catnip butterfly thing. It was funny. So I promise to get pics up soon. I've got one of Dasher worn out from playing with that squeeky ball and then Mr. Mallard.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-01-2007, 04:12 AM
I sent my package on May 30th! It will arrive somewhere next week. I hope that my "purrson" is happy :)

Catty1
06-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I hope my person gets theirs soon! I knew it would take a little while, but am still nervous!

pitc9
06-01-2007, 01:30 PM
I mailed mine.. I mailed mine... I really really mailed mine!! *does a dance*

Well... after filling out the customs form ;) (hint) and dishing out over $20 for shipping :eek: in about 5 days my person will get their package! :D

Hope you like it!

.sarah
06-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Okay, we were out of shipping tape, so I didn't mail it this week. But my mom is going to mail it Monday (or she might have mailed it today). I couldn't get to the store before I left to go out of town to get tape, so she said she'd do it for me and it will get out soon! I forgot to put any kind of note in there saying who it was from, so whoever gets a package from Sarah in Tallahassee, FL - that's me ;)

dukedogsmom
06-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Here's my pics in case they get lost.............
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=128132

kimboe
06-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Whew....I just sent mine out today. I've been working so much and so late, have'nt had time to make it to the post office on time.
But it should be there in 5 business days!
hope to see pics soon

kt_luvs_kitties
06-04-2007, 11:38 PM
I know I said it would be mailed out a week ago.. Well, that did not happen. I had to actually get two boxes Priority because everything would not fit. So I should ship by Thursday.. I know, I procastinate too! :p

Husky_mom
06-05-2007, 10:32 AM
procastination at the fullest here........ :o

Iīm gonna send one package today and another a few days later because

a) they wonīt fit
b) Iīm not done yet...... :p
c) I lost something I was gonna send....... :rolleyes:

sorry for the delay...... so Iīll try get before they close today or at the latest tomorrow morning.....(as the nearest office I have no clue at what time they close)

Catty1
06-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Husky Mom - Try this: "The dog ate my box!" (God forbid!) :)

Blue_Frog
06-05-2007, 10:48 AM
I've got everything organized, but the box i got was too small --- so, im getting another one today, and should be sending tomorrow :)

*sorry its taken so long, too many work trips in too short a time threw my timing off *

Husky_mom
06-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Husky Mom - Try this: "The dog ate my box!" (God forbid!) :)

the worst thing is that my a,b and c.........ARE TRUE!!! they are not excuses they ALL really happened.......Iīm so embarrased..... LOL

Blue_Frog
06-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Sent out my box today -- my swapper should be getting their box by next Wed at the latest (Canada Post says 4 business days, but I hardly ever believe them) ;)

king2005
06-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Sent out my box today -- my swapper should be getting their box by next Wed at the latest (Canada Post says 4 business days, but I hardly ever believe them) ;)

When I worked in the post office, I always said it'll be a week, cause 4 days its stuck in customs lol

I have all my stuff bought. I just need to find a box & mail it :D

kt_luvs_kitties
06-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I recieved mine today. I got Maya& Inkas mommy aka Lut. My cats are going to be completely spoiled by time they get into all of it! I will post a thread in a day or two!
Thank you LUT! We loves our presents :D

Katie and kitties

CathyBogart
06-07-2007, 01:12 AM
Mine was FINALLY sent out today, they should get it in 2-4 days. :)

DogLover9501
06-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Mine was sent out today :)

Husky_mom
06-08-2007, 12:07 PM
YAY!!..... *doing touchdown dance*

Mission.........ACCOMPLISHED.........YAY!!

I managed to send my package yesterday.......procastination almost over.....wonder why?? I still have to finish another thing which Iīm going to have to send separately.......but hopefully send it over monday at the latest...... anyway......YAY!!!

just a heads up..... last year my package took around 2 weeks to arrive so.....you know what to expect if you donīt get mine that soon..... :rolleyes: ;) ......

canīt wait to see when it arrives........

gemini9961
06-08-2007, 03:41 PM
My package was sent out today. I got a delivery confirmation on mine so I will know for sure when it is received. :)

kt_luvs_kitties
06-08-2007, 08:17 PM
My two were also sent in today. *WHEW* Thought mine was going to be late :p

Catty1
06-09-2007, 11:16 AM
I had to send mine surface :( I hope it gets there! I sent it about May 15? Could be a couple of weeks yet...

Karen
06-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Mailed my box today, finally! In time for the deadline! My post office lady knows me - she said "is this meow meow toys or bow wow toys or turtle toys this time?" ;)

manda_moo87
06-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Finally got mine off today.
Should arrive in about 2 weeks.

Karen
06-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Got our boxes today, thanks, kt_loves_kitties! Will post pictures of the loot later, especially if I can get a certain bunny to cooperate!

lvpets2002
06-12-2007, 12:32 PM
:) ;) Got my Big Box from {{ doolittleky }} last night.. :eek: Just wait till I post pics of what all she sent.. All kinds of Cat/Dog toys, pic frames & me a cat TShirt & a book.. After Lunch I will start a Thread of my Many Many Thanks to Melissa for all the goodies she sent me & my babies.. The babies of course helped open the box & started playing with the toys before I could even get to the camera.. Melissa all the items are just Great & enjoyed..

king2005
06-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I had to send mine surface :( I hope it gets there! I sent it about May 15? Could be a couple of weeks yet...

I'm assuming you sent it overseas?
Did they tell you it can take about 2 months?
If not, well it can :( I always hated telling customers that, as air is 2-4 times more costly! :eek:
Which country was it being sent to? pretty much anywhere in the UK, it'll more then likely take a month... Australia is about the same.. else where, ick.. 2 months +...

Funny story... This lady mailed a large gift to herself while she was on holidays overseas...The gift was fragile if something would go through the box (it was packed well enough to survive being dropped many times)... One day I get his filthy large box into my postal outlet... Its the dirtiest parcel I ever handled... The lady comes in & is confused... she almost turned white & pointed at it... OMG, no way! *screamin gin joy*... I sent this a YEAR AGO & it just got here!! :eek:

I know, sounds horrible, but it was a good story. That box went to soooo many countries & had soo many stamps & things on it, it was funny heheh

lvpets2002
06-12-2007, 03:15 PM
:) Kay kfmar your box is full..

Hey all I did a Thread in General with pics of the gifts I got from {{ doolittleky Melissa }}.. All come over & must see.. Many Many Thanks Melissa & babies..

kt_luvs_kitties
06-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Karen, I am glad that it all came in one piece. I hope that you like your stuff, and that Miss Hoppy likes her stuff....AND do you how long and hard I looked and searched for "yummy sticks" thinking they were an actual item? lol Store after store, I even searched online, and then Melissa helped. I was so confused! :p

doolittleky
06-12-2007, 09:32 PM
I recieved my gift swap box too and all of us love everything you sent blue frog. I haven't been able to take pictures yet, actually , my friends computer that i usually use isn't working so it might be a few days before I get them posted. thanks again for everything!!!!!
Melissa

Kfamr
06-13-2007, 03:44 PM
:) Kay kfmar your box is full..

Sorry about that - there's room now! :)