PDA

View Full Version : Ack. I cannot cook to save my LIFE.

Riptide
01-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Ok, so it's sort of a tradition to make brownies to eat the morning of the new year. Parents and brother are not home, so I decided to go ahead and make the brownies.

Big mistake >.>

So I get all the ingredients and whatnot, blend them together according to the directions (I think...?) and...it turns into this big blob of...mush o.O And it's definately NOT normal looking. It's all dry and...blahhh! So I add like 1/4 TBSP of water to soften it up a bit so I can beat it more. Eventually I got tired of it and just spread it in the pan and called it "done."

So now Deathblob is in the oven cooking. I'm afraid to even look at it x.x

I need to start taking cooking lessons. Seriously.

Karen
01-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Oh dear. If you wanna start over, I can walk you through a good - and easy - recipe!

Riptide
01-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid I'm out of eggs and butter at the monent. Not to mention a little intimidated to try again, lol. I'll wait 'till morning to see what my mom says, and if these "brownies" are bad enough, we may end up running to the store in the morning xD

Karen
01-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Okay - just remember - if it's chocolate enough, how bad can it be? Just don't overcook whatever it is, and you'll likely be fine.

Too dry? Crumble it into chocolate pudding or over ice cream.

Riptide
01-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Hmm, I did add extra chocolate chips :D

And the ice cream and pudding thing is a great idea! Thanks!

Twisterdog
01-01-2007, 01:19 AM
So now Deathblob is in the oven cooking. I'm afraid to even look at it.

That's hilarious. :D

We have ALL made Deathblobs, trust me. :p

Pam
01-01-2007, 01:32 AM
This is a cute thread and thank you for the smiles and the introduction to the newest word in the dictionary - Deathblob! :D

Only on New Year's Day would I share this... When hubby and I were first married - many years ago - I was baking a chocolate cake. The recipe said to line the bottom of a tube pan with waxed paper and grease the wax paper. I didn't have any waxed paper so I used Saran wrap. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME! :D :rolleyes: My Saran wrap melted into the cake and I wound up having to throw the whole thing, tube pan and all, into the trash. See, things can always be worse! By the way, I like Karen's idea because I think wasting chocolate should be considered a crime. :D

RICHARD
01-01-2007, 02:48 AM
This is a cute thread and thank you for the smiles and the introduction to the newest word in the dictionary - Deathblob! :D

Only on New Year's Day would I share this... When hubby and I were first married - many years ago - I was baking a chocolate cake. The recipe said to line the bottom of a tube pan with waxed paper and grease the wax paper. I didn't have any waxed paper so I used Saran wrap. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME! :D :rolleyes: My Saran wrap melted into the cake and I wound up having to throw the whole thing, tube pan and all, into the trash. See, things can always be worse! By the way, I like Karen's idea because I think wasting chocolate should be considered a crime. :D

Almost ONE A.M. amd I am LMAO.......Remember someone posted pics about the melted plastic dish in the oven?

time for a new kitchen disaster thread. :eek:

chocolatepuppy
01-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Is the Deathblob edible? That's all that matters. :D

Ginger's Mom
01-01-2007, 06:31 AM
Hehehe. I am betting that your brownies are just delicious. Give us an update on what your family says about your New Year morning treat. :D

Alysser
01-01-2007, 08:13 AM
I was cracking up as I read this. Your "deathblob"( :D ) seriously could not have been that bad! I'm sure you and your family enjoyed it. Give us an update...lol. :p

Kfamr
01-01-2007, 08:34 AM
You've got to let us know how the deathblob turned out. ;) Extra chocolate chips, huh? Sounds like it will taste fine!

Dorothy39
01-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Oh Lordy Riptide~ The Brown Deathblob~ :D

That reminds me now of a batch of Brownies that I **thought** we're going to turn out to taste just like my Older Sister's~ Thick~Chewy and Chocolatey :rolleyes:

Sorry to tell you ( I forgot to add the eggs)

So, I re -named them ~~ Bedrock Brownies~~

How did your Death Blob turn out?

cyber-sibes
01-01-2007, 09:46 AM

grease the wax paper. I didn't have any waxed paper so I used Saran wrap. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME! :D LMAO!! Sorry guys, it's just hysterical. "deathblob", very descriptive- I vote to add it to the dictionary too. My advice...buy it in a box. Just follow the very,very simple directions, don't second-guess it's looks, & remove from the oven on time. :D Happy New Year!

Riptide
01-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Hahaha, thanks everyone for the encouragement :D

They're a little on the crunchy side and taste more like chocolate cookies more than anything, but they're alright I suppose ^^ I'll probably end up doing what Karen suggested and crumble it on top of ice cream :D