PDA

View Full Version : My mom is getting a puppy!

molucass
12-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Since my sister let Molly out last year, my mom has been heartbroken and cries just about every day. We have searched and searched for Molly since then and have had leads to her whereabouts but it has either turned up not to be her, or the dog was already gone by the time we got there.

I have been trying to find my mom a new puppy even though she has Annie and Bailee. She's not trying to replace Molly, but her heart is broken and I wanted to help her heart heal a little. Annie and Bailee help too though. My mom said she doesn't want people to think she's trying to replace Molly or she doesn't care about her anymore but I told her she can't just keep her hopes up and then end up never finding her.. She's not replacing Molly. She's just moving on, I guess you could say. She said she's also afraid that my sister will do something to him too.

I found this puppy for her and the people had a picture of his sister on the ad. They only had one left and my mom decided even though she didn't think she wanted a boy that she would get him. I told her if she gets him neutered before he starts hiking his leg and trains him not to do it, he won't.

Anyway, here is some pictures of him.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/DeeboMom/nov151.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/DeeboMom/nov152.jpg

I think he resembles Molly, except his little ears stand up and hers didn't. He is supposed to have corgi in him.

Here is Molly when she was a pup. I think they look similar.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/FELONY/other/mollylittle2.jpg

borzoimom
12-31-2006, 05:20 PM
The little dog you found looks like more papillion, and Molly more toy fox terrier type.. The markings are similar though.. Good luck..
*edit- how old is this puppy? Could be border collieX if its really young.. and how much about does the pup weigh?

bckrazy
12-31-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm very sorry about Molly. That's so sad, poor girl.

awwwuh! He looks like a Corgi x Border Collie, I have seen a few before.

Is the puppy from rescue?

molucass
12-31-2006, 07:47 PM
He was at the animal control center with his siblings. There was 9 in total, and he was the only one left.
They advertise puppies and other dogs on the local online classifieds saying they need a new home and etc.

He's 9 weeks old. Robin called about them for me and was told by the person that answered the phone that he only weighed between 5-7 lbs. and was 9 weeks old. However, he's a lot larger than that. He doesn't have very many teeth, so he can't be older than that.
The person that was keeping them at their house rather than at the animal control facility said she gave them 2 sets of shots. They didn't charge an adoption fee either, but we called the animal control to make sure these people were indeed affiliated with the AC, and they said they were. Supposedly whoever brought them to the AC said the mom was a corgi, and the dad was a spitz, but I'm having my doubts on that. He does have the really short legs though, so the corgi part might be correct.

My mom wanted a puppy that actually looked like a puppy, not a grown dog but she has him now and she said she definitely wasn't going to send him back. I'm sure my mom is going to make a vet appt. for him so after she does I will let ya'll know how much he weighs. I can tell you right now though, he's definitely not a 5-7 lb. dog. I think the pictures must have been outdated, even though they told us they had just taken them earlier today because he looks a lot smaller in the pictures than he is.

molucass
01-01-2007, 12:05 PM
He's a smart little pup. He already knows how to sit and he was in his crate all night last night and didn't potty in there at all.

Karen
01-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Hee hee - good boy! Tell mom to take pictures, of course. And not that you probably aren't, but at some point we will be expecting pictures of YOUR new baby, too!

kimlovescats
01-01-2007, 12:34 PM
What a cute little pup, congrats to your mom!

Yes, I want to see Brynn pictures too!!! ;)

molucass
01-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Just for the record, I didn't take those pictures. They sent them to us when we inquired about them.

The local wal-mart is not a super wal-mart and they don't have a 1 hr. thing, even for printing your own pictures from your camera. They just have a 2 day service, so I am waiting for them to come back before I can put Brynn's pictures up.

molucass
01-02-2007, 03:06 PM
My mom took him to the vet today. He weighs 12.7 lbs. He had a few hookworms, but they wormed him. He has to go back in 3 weeks for another shot and to be checked for worms again.

The vet said she thinks he is either border collie/corgi mix, or blue heeler/corgi mix. I personally think he's more border collie and corgi than the other. Someone else mentioned Aussie but he's not really merle, he's ticked.. Like a blue heeler would be.. His head and the way he's fuzzy doesn't look like a blue heeler to me.

My mom wanted to name his Murray, but my dad said he didn't look like a Murray. The reason she liked Murray is because she said he looks like Murray from the show "Mad About You" but is black and white rather than tan like him.
So they both decided on Toby instead.

borzoimom
01-02-2007, 03:38 PM
12.7 pounds??? Sounds like a border collie mix to me! The previous pictures made the puppy look so small..