PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for new years?

Argranade
12-31-2006, 11:58 AM
For me family where all going to my Grandma's for food ^_^

Then later when we come back home I'm going to watch the count down from T.v where I can watch all these bands sing songs in Toronto .. since I'm not aloud to go downdown since it can get REALY crazy lol.

So watchu gone do?

slick
12-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Do the same thing as always...stay home and try to stay awake until midnight.

I parteeeed my face off in my twenties and thirties. Now it's time to slow down and appreciate the time I have with Max.

Cataholic
12-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Big. Big. Big Plans! The Children's Musuem has a special train display that ends tonight. We haven't had a chance to go yet, and the museum is open LATE! 7 pm, lol...my kind of late. So, after naps, we rush to the museum, spend a couple of hours there, then, come home for a relaxing evening of Thomas, I am sure.

I dread the day Jonah stays up later than I do. :o

Randi
12-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Do the same thing as always...stay home and try to stay awake until midnight.

I parteeeed my face off in my twenties and thirties. Now it's time to slow down and appreciate the time I have with Max.
You took the words out of my mouth. ;) I'll do exactly that! Due to the noise, I'll probably will be stay awake until 1.00 at least. :(

I watched the Queen's speech on TV at 18.00, and then cooked a fish dish - you know the one. ;)

The fireworks has started, but until now, it has been bearable. So far, Fister is relaxing next to me, here on the desk, I just hope he'll figure out that the bathroom is the quietest place to be. Someone will surely try to blow up the bottle container in the street. :rolleyes: Just hope there'll be no Crysantemum bombs going off after I'm in bed!

Happy New Year everyone!! :)

Zippy
12-31-2006, 01:07 PM
spending a quiet evening eatting sweets(the cats will get treats),and watching t.v.with my grandparents and Zippy and Pumpkin.

Marigold2
12-31-2006, 01:12 PM
My husband and I will be alone, our daughter is out with friends. We will open a bottle of wine, watch a movie and cuddle. Heaven.

binka_nugget
12-31-2006, 02:12 PM
My bf and I are heading out to my aunt's for dinner, watch the countdown at her place, then head to a pub. :D

Chilli
12-31-2006, 02:53 PM
We celebrated last night.
My family went to my aunt's and uncle's place with all of my mum's side to just hang out. We played poker. Lost money, but it was fun. =D
They were passing around the bottle, laughing, and just enjoying life.

Tonight we'll just hang out at home. Spending some time with mum & dad.

king2005
12-31-2006, 02:57 PM
My sister & I are going to hit the bars. My sister is going to party hard & I'm going to sit back & watch.

elizabethann
12-31-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm dog sitting one of Fenway's girlfriends & one of his buddies while the dogs parents go out & party. :D Personally, I think I'll be having the better time. :p

Felicia's Mom
12-31-2006, 03:40 PM
I'll stay up and watch tv.

GreyhoundGirl
12-31-2006, 03:41 PM
Watching potc2 as many times as humanly possible. :p

cyber-sibes
12-31-2006, 03:49 PM
When my kids were younger it was fun to go to the Columbus First Night celebration. Stores & museums were all open late with lots of activities for the kids, there were street vendors selling hot sausages and other good food, and it ended with a major fireworks show on the lawn of the Capitol building. Now they're 20-somethings and on their own.
We're going out for Mexicn food in about an hour, meeting a few friends. Then going home to watch TV & cuddle. Hubby heads back east first thing in the morning. :(
Happy New Year everybody!

Rachel
12-31-2006, 07:59 PM
We rented a movie and a DVD of The Office (British version). We brought home foot long sub sandwiches which I ate half for lunch and half for dinner. I didn't do any house work today, but tomorrow will probably break down and accomplish something. I think there are a lot of new shows starting on HGTV tomorrow, so I'll probably take in a few of them too.

I won't be staying up till midnight either. Probably will wake up due to the noise that some in the neighborhood will generate, kiss my husband, pat the dogs, and then back to sleep.

Husky15
12-31-2006, 08:03 PM
Just sitting home and enjoying the end of 2006 and beginning of 2007 by watching Family Guy with my sister, LOL!

krazyaboutkatz
12-31-2006, 08:26 PM
I'll just be sitting home cuddling with my cats and watching t.v. until midnight.:)

anna_66
12-31-2006, 09:28 PM
I won't be staying up till midnight either. Probably will wake up due to the noise that some in the neighborhood will generate, kiss my husband, pat the dogs, and then back to sleep.
I'll probably do the same thing, but instead I'll kiss the dogs and pat my husband:p;):D

Taz_Zoee
12-31-2006, 10:03 PM
Well, for me the new year is still three hours away. So at this point I am on the computer while the boyfriend is playing music (he plays the guitar) in the other room.
We are just gonna hang out and watch TV. We didn't want to even attempt to be out on the roads tonight, even though I don't drink, you can't trust everyone else who has been drinking.

Have a safe and Happy New Year!!! :D

dukedogsmom
12-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Working! And the natives are starting to get very restless.

cmayer31
12-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Our house is expected to match our New Year's Party from last year. A lot of our friends, including one of the roommates, are waiters that don't get off until after midnight. So our party starts around 10 and doesn't end until after the sun comes up. I plan to be awake for the turn of the clock to 2007, but will probably be one of the first people asleep. It'll be a great time and hopefully our neighbors will still like us in the morning. :D

Catty1
12-31-2006, 10:48 PM
There was a potluck AA meeting tonight, so I got STUFFED!

Was a good sane place to be. It is 9:30, and I will head to bed in about an hour.

Will wake up to a new year.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Twisterdog
12-31-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm browsing PT, hubby is snoring on the couch, and my son is on the phone with his girlfriend. We just played Monopoly and ate some popcorn.

Life in the fast lane. Woooo Hooooo

Actually, we ususally do something a little more exciting. But my son is on probation this year, and can't drink or be around anyone who is drinking or partying. So, we didn't want to go out to the bars and leave him sitting home all alone. At least he is being responsible! I didn't want him to feel like the ONLY person in the world who isn't out getting crazy.

I really don't care. I HATE drunks and crowds. I'd much rather be home in my pj's.

slick
12-31-2006, 11:10 PM
Just after 9pm where I am. On the 6pm news I watched the celebrations held around the world....really awesome.

I confess I had a nap this afternoon so I could try and stay away until midnight. So far, I feel good and really think I can last. :o :o

I bought the movie Ice Age, Meltdown and have not seen it so will probably pop that in shortly.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S WISH ONLY FOR GOOD HEALTH, FOR WITHOUT THAT, THERE IS NOTHING!!!! :)