PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures! :o(

kimlovescats
12-30-2006, 04:29 PM
I have something to share here and it is very hard for me to do! Some of you know the turmoil that I have been dealing with for quite some time concerning my daughter and grandbaby. Basically things have been bad since my daughter became pregnant with Jenna, 3 years ago! :( Recently things have gotten much worse, and the stress level has been nearly intolerable in my life. I have had to make some very difficult decisions in many aspects of my life and the one I am sharing here has been one of the hardest. Please, I beg that everyone refrain from judging me at this time. If you cannot be supportive of my decision, then please just make no comment. I truly do not think I could endure any criticism right now! :(

Anyway, I have spent the last few weeks re-homing most of my cats. I have gone from 28 or 29 down to only 11 remaining kitties. I have known for a long time that my numbers were far too high, but adoptions were slow and my expecations were also too high! I finally came to the realization that it IS possible for other people to provide good homes and love and care, and I just had to allow that to happen. I was very careful in who I placed with whom and I can honestly say that I felt comfortable with every new adoptive home. I just hope and pray that all will be best for my precious babies that I have loved so dearly.

Some of the ones that I let go will shock you, but I had to place the easiest to place and the ones who I felt would be best suited in other homes with more attention or less competition amongst the cats that are still here. I really did take care and time in my choices!!! The only one that is still here whom I may place eventually is BoBo (Bocelli) ... but he has been under the weather, so I didn't want him leaving just yet, until I am sure he is ok.

Here are the remaining babies who, God willing, will stay here!

Grace, Dexter, Roxie, Boots, Bonnie, Redfurd, Tabitha, Harvey (daughter's kitty), Panda, Sammy and BoBo. That is 11 including my daughter's kitty and BoBo. I don't expect my daughter to be able to take Harvey for a very long time if ever, and as I stated, I'm not sure about BoBo's health at the present time.

Things have been so much better / less stressful with just these kitties here. I never would have thought that 11 cats would seem like so few! I know that this change has needed to be made for a VERY long time, but it was so hard to do. I do believe that it has been a positive one for all concerned though, and I hope you can all understand that.

Thanks for listening!
Kim

Soapets
12-30-2006, 04:39 PM
It seems as though you have found loving furever homes for about 18 kitties! :) As difficult as it was for you to let them go, I am sure that they are very happy, and that their new people are very happy with this turn of events. I support you 110%! You seem to be wonderful person, and if placing those kitties in loving furever homes relieved some stress for you, then that's what you needed to do. I am continuing to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, also.

catmandu
12-30-2006, 04:40 PM
I have an inkling with what you are going through Kim, as its getting harder for me sometimes to care for the 12 Found Cats.
And I am not going through anything like the troubles that you are seeing in your life.
If I had to give up Found Cats , it would be the Kitten Trio as they would be the easiest to place.
We know that what you do for your Cats, you are doing out of love.
The Found Cats and I want you to know how much we love and support you Kim.

Craftlady
12-30-2006, 04:43 PM
You made the right decision for your fur babies & yourself. Dang, you just about had yourself a pet shelter :) I couldnt handle 28-30 kitties.

ramanth
12-30-2006, 04:45 PM
*HUGS* You did what you felt was best and I'm sure it'll help ease the stress which is what you need right now. :)

rg_girlca
12-30-2006, 04:59 PM
I agree Kim. You did what you had to do and I don't think anyone is going to judge you about it. I know you wouldn't let them go to just anybody. You made sure that they all found caring, loving homes. You did what was right for your cats out of love.
My heart truely breaks for you dear friend, as I could only imagine what you are going through. Please take care of yourself.

May the New Year bring nothing but Love and Happiness to you and your family.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

kb2yjx
12-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Kim!!! You had to make a very tough decision for the cats that you love and you did the right thing and found them good homes!!!(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))to you Kim!!!

jenluckenbach
12-30-2006, 05:36 PM
You did what you originally set out to do..........found wonderful homes for kitties who had no where else to go. Those kitties were rescued, had yo to love them and prove ot them that people Do care, and now they have wonderful forever homes, all thanks to you.

We foster moms know how hard it can be to let go and say good bye. But we cannot save all the good ones for ourselves ;) (right?)

If 11 is a good manageable number for you, then don't feel guilty.

As mentioned in a thread I just started, I might be looking to rehome a certain recently adopted kitty (Simba) because even though I love him, my home might not be the best for him after all. :(

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} So even though you (and we) will miss those kitties, I believe they are all in good hands.

Laura's Babies
12-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Kim, you have to do what is best for all concerned.. and that includes you too. I, personally do not know how you manages with that many cats and I do have to admitt that I am overjoyed that Tabitha is one you kept.

I am behind you as I know what stress can do to a person and sometimes we have to make choices we really don't want to but we get backed into a corner and have to. I have been there and had to make unpleasant choices that seemed harsh and mean but it had to be done at the time. You have to do what you have to do, I am with you!

moosmom
12-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Kim,

We all know how much stress and turmoil you have been going through the past 3 years. Rehoming your cats is an unselfish act. You needed to do what was best for your kitties and yourself!

If 11 cats is manageable, then this is a good thing.

No one here should judge you, lest they be judged. I, myself have rehomed some of my cats. As much as I miss them terribly, I know it was for the best.

I pray that you get some peace in your life, honey. God knows you certainly deserve it.

((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

Donna

Kalei
12-30-2006, 06:28 PM
I completely agree with everyone above me! You did what was best for you and the kitties. Those kitties may later have become stressed because you are stressed, animals can sense stress very good, and I bet all of them are now in wonderful loving homes, it sounds like you chose very carefully and well. I am so glad for you that you have found them good homes and now your life will be a little less stressful.

Stress can be very bad for a person's health. And honestly, I have no idea how you manages 29 cats :eek: that is alot of cats, I live with my parents and they get stressed with just two, my Bobo and my sister's Cc. I congrats you for the great decision and being able to save that many cats. You are a wonderful person, never think any differently.:)

Freedom
12-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Oh Kim, HUGS! Even with all the OTHER stress, and knowing that this was a good thing for each kitty, this must have added to your stress load for a time, seeking out the right folks, parting with the dear fur babies. But look how much good you have done for each and every one of them, even the ones you keep.

By any chance, did any of the new owners show any interest in joining PT?

You are helping these kitties continuously! I hope you know that.

mina'smomma
12-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Oh Kim. I know that was a hard thing for you to do, but I know you had also to do what is right for you and your family first. With high stress levels comes many medical problems as my own husband has found out. I also know that the darlings that you rehomed are in loving homes. Please don't feel that we wouldn't understand because all of us know you and know how much you loved and still love all the darlings that pass through your tender care. You've done what is right for both yourself and your loved ones as well. You are a wonderful person and I know that you will always be as wonderful. If you should ever need me I'm only an e-mail away.

Hugs

Catsnclay
12-30-2006, 08:21 PM
I personally don't think anyone here would "bash" you for giving up some kitties, you have to do what is right for YOU and you only. You made a decision and now you are sticking to it...............GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

I would like to take this time to wish you and your family - and everyone here on PT - a very happy & healthy New Year - we all know we deserve it!!!!

Good luck Kim, things will start working out for you and your family. Sometimes we think it will not, but eventually it HAS to!! Keep your chin up, girl!! We are all behind you 110% !!!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Kim, I support your decision 100%.:) I know how much stress you've had in your life lately and I'm glad to hear that it's already a lot less stressful. I could never handle that many cats and can sometimes barely handle my six so please don't feel like you've done something terrible. You saved them and kept them in your loving home until you found them the best homes possible and you should be extemely proud of yourself.:) I hope that the New Year will be a very happy and much less stressful one for you and your family.:D

Zippy
12-30-2006, 09:21 PM
(((HUGS)))
I am so sorry that you had to rehome some of your kitties but you did what you know was best for them.Prayers,Hugs and Meows form me,Zippy and Pumpkin.

Karen
12-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Great big hugs to you - because all those cats are now blessing new homes with the love they learned in yours. Your "foster" kitties will continue to influence the world with their love, and, like a pebble cast into a still pond, the ripples will spread ever outward, and some day may lap against your shores, unbeknownst to you.

Lizzie
12-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Like everyone else who has posted already, I only admire you for assessing the situation and moving forward in a positive way. You were clear-headed and conscientious which means that everyone, including the cats who went to new homes and the ones you kept, will benefit. I've been doing some assessments also, and am moving forward on finding new homes for at least one cat (that I've never introduced here) and possibly three (the two young tabbies). It is terribly hard to trust someone else with your cats, judging them on small details, but I hope I can also move forward as you have done.

Catty1
12-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Kim HUGS!!!!!

It's okay, they got good homes...and you had to make things easier on yourself.

Gina rehomed most or all of her Ark, and sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Wishing you happy updates on your babies! Loving and loved kitties, and you sharing the love around a bit...this is a good thing.

HUGS!

carole
12-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Kim you have to do what is best for you and your situation,I am truely amazed that you have managed to re-home so many and that is wonderful news,believe me i do understand , i went from two kitties to four and that is nothing in comparison but i find it very stressful at times, i sure don't regret my decision, but when finances are tight and things are not going well, it does cause me a great deal of worry, so i completely understand where you are coming from especially under the extreme stress you have been under.

You know they are in good homes and that is what is important, i can only hope things in your life improve and soon, you have had way too much to deal with for one person, HUGS.

Pam
12-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Kim, I agree with all of the posts before me. You have to do what you have to do for yourself. Sometimes things in our lives are out of our control but sometimes we do have the ability to change things ourselves. You have taken a step to lessen the stress in your life, and I commend you for it because I know it wasn't easy. Right now your family needs you to be healthy and there for them and your "other family" here at PT does too. :)

P.S. Ripley wanted me to ask how his lovely AnnaBelle is these days. He said he sends her some healing licks.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Supporting you 100% !!! I know how much you love your cats, and how much you do to make them feel at home! Now the time has come that you have to take care of yourself, you deserve a break, sweetheart!!
Don't worry Kim, all of them will love you forever, you will always be their first "human mommy" !!

10 000 Hugs!!

kimlovescats
12-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Thank you so much for the support and words of encouragement! I truly appreciate your understanding of this difficult decision!

Karen, I love the way you stated the pebble in the pond analogy, thank you for that!

Love,
Kim

Medusa
12-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Kim, I can't imagine that anyone would judge you but people are funny sometimes. I can relate to what you've experienced. When I was in the midst of preparations to move to my new home between Christmas and New Year's two years ago, I had 25 outdoor cats that I was sheltering, feeding, altering and giving vet care. Plus I had my own 8 indoor cats, all w/special needs. I was stressed to the max trying to find homes for all the outdoor cats. But I did it, except for a few who died while undergoing surgery or that had such physical problems that they had to be put to sleep. It was a long, grueling haul and I cried buckets of tears. But we gotta do what we gotta do. Aside from the heartbreak of it all, financially it nearly broke me. But I got through it. And it appears that you have, too. Here's wishing you and all of our Pet Talk friends (human and otherwise) a wonderful and blessed new year filled w/joy, love and abundance.

Blessings,
Mary

kimlovescats
12-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Thank you, Mary! ;)

Medusa
12-31-2006, 05:25 PM
You're doing what a lot of people won't do and haven't done and that's why you've taken it upon yourself. You're doing a good thing, Kim, always remember that.

Blessings,
Mary

kimlovescats
12-31-2006, 05:29 PM
You're doing what a lot of people won't do and haven't done and that's why you've taken it upon yourself. You're doing a good thing, Kim, always remember that.

Blessings,
Mary

Thank you! I try to tell myself that, but it's so easy to feel like I have failed some of the kitties who had been here so long. It's getting a bit easier each day, and everyone here has made me feel much better! :)

Medusa
12-31-2006, 05:34 PM
I know what you mean. When one of the outdoor cats died on the operating table while being spayed, I felt awful. I thought that perhaps I should've just let nature take its course, which is ridiculous, because that would've only compounded the problem. What this world does not need is more cats without homes and loving care. We can't save the world and we do have to trust that there are others out there who will give them the best care possible just as we do. But we punish ourselves when things don't turn out as we'd hoped. The Universe is watching, Kim. It's gonna be alright. :)

Blessings,
Mary

lvpets2002
12-31-2006, 05:44 PM
:( Oh Kim I know you thru thick-n-thin would & will always make the fairest & right decisions.. I am here in any way to support you.. I will Pm you.. God Bless you & your family in the upmost of the New Year.. :)

CatLuvrs
12-31-2006, 05:54 PM
I know this was probably VERY hard for you to do. I am sorry you have to go through all this stress. {{{HUGS}}}

KitCat
01-02-2007, 04:21 PM
You did the right thing for yourself and your cats!

prechrswife
01-02-2007, 04:30 PM
(((((Hugs))))) You did the right thing. You are having to bear a huge load right now. (I've followed your other threads, even if I haven't posted, and you have been in my prayers...)

catfamily
01-05-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm so happy you found homes for so many.That is so difficult to do.I wish I could do that but it's so hard to find people who want cats.
Lucky cats and lucky you.You did great.

kimlovescats
01-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Thank you all so much for the words of support! It truly means very much to me!!! It was very hard to do, but I have already gotten several updates and they have all been wonderful! I really feel comfortable with my decisions. In addition, I can really see a change in my remaining kitties! They are all so much less stressed and more at ease! I even have had some "cat pile-ups" like Gary has!!! :eek: I'll post some pictures of proof soon! ;)

Kim

ChrisH
01-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Oh, Kim, you did the right, and the only, thing you could do. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/Hugs2.gif

catlover4ever
01-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Kim, I'm so sorry...I don't know how I missed this.....but you are doing the right thing. ((((HUGS)))) --- Meg

jazzcat
01-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Kim, I missed this news too. It does sound like you did the right thing but I'm sure it was very hard. (((HUGS)))

If you get any updates on Fuzzy Girl please share them. :)

applesmom
01-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Congratulations on making a very difficult but wise and obviously very caring decision!