PDA

View Full Version : Simba is breaking my heart.

jenluckenbach
12-30-2006, 03:44 PM
I am so sad right now. Simba just viciously attacked Biddy. :(

So, as much as I love this boy with 100% of my heart, I guess he will never be able to live anywhere but in the foster rooms. :(

Simba does well with DaVinci and Carolyn. Is fine with the babies. And so far has not bothered any of the other foster cats. but he HATES Kim. And he finds someone to fight with almost every time I let him out with my other cats.

Sometimes I think that the best thing for me to do is to place him back up for adoption. Just be extra careful who adopts him. But he is 9 years old, and I gave him my PROMISE that he would not have to move again.

DARN!!! I finally met a cat that won't adjust. Why does it have to be one I love so MUCH!?

**cries**

kimlovescats
12-30-2006, 03:47 PM
I know what you mean, Jen! I'm sorry! :(

Barbara
12-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Jen I am so sorry for that. And I can be of no help.
I think there are kitties who are less social than others. And some are moody.
(Tigris is sometimes.)
{{{{hugs}}}}

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Jen, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Since he seems to get along with the younger cats, could you just let him live with them and still keep him? If not I hope that there's a wonderful loving forever home for him some where out there. Good luck.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Oh no...... that must be so hard for you...!! :(

jenluckenbach
12-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Since he seems to get along with the younger cats, could you just let him live with them and still keep him?
This is what I hope to do, but I wonder how fair it is. Simba often cries to come downstairs with me. But he does SEEM happy with the situation of living with the other fosters. I am the one who feels cheated. Cheated of his constant company. :( But I do know, that you can't always have everything you want in life.

rg_girlca
12-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Jen, I am so sorry to hear this. Is Biddy okay??? No serious injuries I hope.

I don't know what to say, but I just hope that some kind soul will come along and fall in love with Simba and see his loving ways, just like you did.

All I can offer is prayers and a big...................................

{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}

Laura's Babies
12-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Maybe he just needs more time to adjust? A personality conflict between them? I don't know.....

This is the first time Chester hasn't attacked on of the girls when he came him. Usually he attacks one within a hour of being back from Rie's.. I think he does it to show he is the boss.... Maybe Simba would not attack anymore if he were left out once he has shown he is the boss? Have you tried that?

catmandu
12-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Jen, life in your foster rooms is still a very good life for any Cat , and you shouldnt feel badly if Simba has to stay there.
Maybe being out of the cofines of that room is making Simba nervous and thats why he strikes out.

doolittleky
12-31-2006, 04:15 PM
Jen, I hope that you find a solution to this problem. I know how how it must be on you. Hoepfully thing swill work out. I will be thinking aobut you.
Melissa

jenluckenbach
01-01-2007, 08:29 AM
I was feeling so depressed over this but I realize that even if he does not prefer the company of all my own cats, he is still MY cat. And as long as he is happy he should stay here. If someone walks ointo my foster room (looking to adopt) and falls madly in love with him, then I will consider my options.

Thanks for your replies.

K & L
01-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Jen I'm going through this with Leila. I'm at wits end at what to do. When I was off during Christmas I decided to let her out and roam about. All the peeing started again and she has something against Kurby and goes after him constantly. I just don't know what to do with her. One minute she'll love you and the next she turns on you, and it's in a mean way. I really sympathize with you!