PDA

View Full Version : Computer death, cat logic and Bill Gates?

RICHARD
12-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Bill Gates has absolutely nothing to do with this story...

So get off my back! :p

But the star of the show is, as always Edward D Katz.

His dad is working temporarily as an office cleaner outer for a mortgage company.

What happens is that the company buy oodles of stuff for their employees to set up an office.....when the office closes those people abandon tons of useful office supplies.

With the blessing of the company I have been upgrading bits of my computer
with a keyboard, mouse pads and new mice.

This past year I have had three mouses (MICE?) ....this morning I went to get on Pet Talk when I noticed my mouse was not working correctly!

Earlier I found it on the floor-after realizing the Sir Issac Newton was long gone and the law of gravity and Edward were the only ones in the house during the day.......The suspect list was cut down significantly...

To be continued!

Barbara
12-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Richard I am sure he heard you calling it a mouse- whaddya expect?

RICHARD
12-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Richard I am sure he heard you calling it a mouse- whaddya expect?

Respect for my stuff? :rolleyes: :D

RICHARD
12-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Earlier in the week I found the mouse on the floor…..hmmmm….
I put it up and went about my business…Last night I found it, again, on the floor.
Back up on the desk. This morning I booted machine and noticed that the cursor would not moved in a manner as prescribed by the laws of computerdom….

Like WTF?….

I then notice that the case of the mouse is askew. I push the case back together and try again……nothing…nada….

I check the mouse ball….Hey, potty brain….not that kind…!

When I remove the cover I expect to see cat hair and dust bunnies……instead I get two small plastic pieces fall to the floor. ACK!

Mouse no more….

I look thru a box and find another Dell mouse with the neat wheel you can scroll with built in! Back in business!

But a small look over my shoulder, into the near past makes me realize that I may have had a hand into the demise of my really neat, Dell mouse-red light in the handle-wheel to scroll and nice easy click….

When I installed the now deceased mouse I was helped by my assistant---Ed D. His job was to inspect every step of the process ending with playing with the cord of the old
Dell-run of the mill mouse.

For “Gits and Shiggles” I hung the old mouse from the door knob and let the Edster have at it for a while. After my laughter and his interest waned, the old mouse went to the
Computer Pile In The Sky.

Could my sick desire to watch my best friend pummel an inanimate object lead
to the death of a perfectly good computer mouse?

If my conscious is any indication…..Guilty as charged.

For some cheap laughs and watching my best friend beat the tar outta a perfectly good mouse, I sentenced another perfectly good mouse to death.

This means that I am sentenced to a few months of tucking my mouse into an area where it cannot be pawed, clawed, dropped, scratched, scraped, bit, spit, chewed, torn, ripped, pulled, broken or wrecked.

Yes, I am to blame for the whole fiasco. Yelling at the Edster to leave the MOUSE alone probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do…..But, I did get him to stop using the keyboard as his own personal scratchpad……

I still wonder where that number 7/& key flew off to on the old keyboard…
I guess some mysteries will never be solved.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-30-2006, 05:25 PM
After having a keyboard killed by the gang at my house, I put both the keyboard and mouse under lock and key. So far they haven't gotten the key and figured out how to unlock the drawer!!! :D

Laura's Babies
12-30-2006, 06:00 PM
YUP! You taught him how neat is is to play with the mouse... SHAME! SHAME! Poor Ed, he didn't know the differance between the one he could play with and the one he couldn't.... You will learn to put it away now.... :rolleyes:

catmandu
12-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Thank God, the Found Cats have never bothered with the computer.
I still think a Lady for a certain White Cat would give him something else to do , Richard.
Idle paws are the devils workshop.

Freedom
12-30-2006, 06:48 PM
OMG, I want to see the video of the Edster beating up the so called OLD mouse!!!!

Yes, you are guilty as charged, and have to live with that knowledge for a while now, keeping everything out of paws' harm. :D

Catsnclay
12-30-2006, 08:42 PM
:) Hey Richard - WHEN are you going to realize that the mouse is Eddies and NOT yours???!!!

Jeez.........some people's kids!!!! :p :) ;)