PDA

View Full Version : Rocky and Emma at Christmas

Kirsten
12-30-2006, 01:52 PM
At Christmas, I finally took some new photos of Rocky and Emma. Here they are with us in the living room, sitting on their new reindeer blanket: (sorry for the reflection in their eyes)

http://www.catmom.de/pix/dogs1.jpg

Here's Rocky being cuddled:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/rocky38.jpg

And Emma:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/emma68.jpg

It almost seems to be a miracle to me that Rocky is still with us. One year ago we were told he was gravely ill (an enlarged spleen gland as a result from cancer), and the vet told us to be prepared. Last Christmas, he was so miserable that we thought it was only just a questions of days. But he recovered and is still around. Of course he has his good and bad days, as also his bones are not in the best condition, especially his spine and hip bones. He's also constantly losing weight, which is not such a good sign, but after all, he turned 12 this month. And he still seems to enjoy to be with us - and Emma.

Emma, now 8 months old, seems to be in her teenage phase, she's sort of a rebel atm. Guess it's just natural at her age. Another problem is that she's chewing almost everything - and she's swallowing everything, which really worries me. Yesterday, she has vomited plastic (from the on-off-switch of the heater), and also wool and fabrics from her blankets (she already destroyed many of them by chewing. This is something that really worries me; I fear this girl will end up with a blockage or injury of her bowels. I wonder if she will ever stop doing this!

Kirsten

Ginger's Mom
12-30-2006, 02:47 PM
I knew I had to prepare before opening this because Emma was no longer going to look like the puppy I last saw...but yikes! LOL Oh my goodness she has grown up. :D I am so happy to see her and Rocky are able to spend a happy Christmas together. It is always great getthing to see that handsome boy. Big hugs to both please.

elizabethann
12-30-2006, 06:15 PM
aaaaaaaaaawwwww....they're adorable on the blanket.

cmayer31
12-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Emma is gorgeous all grown up! Happy birthday to Rocky, I hope that he continues to have more good days than bad. They make a very stunning duo in the first picture.

shais_mom
12-30-2006, 11:43 PM
gorgeous pics!
Keeping Rocky in my thoughts.

Daisy and Delilah
12-31-2006, 07:01 AM
What a magnificent pair they are!! Two incredibly wonderful doggies!! Rocky looks so good and Emma has grown up. I'll keep Rocky in my thoughts and prayers and I sure hope Emma stops swallowing things :(

Great pictures!! Hugs and kisses for both of them from us please!! :)

anna_66
12-31-2006, 08:24 AM
It's always nice to come here and see those two gorgeous rotties:D

I bet your parents are so glad to still have their Rocky around after thinking they were going to loose him. I'm so happy him and Emma are such great friends now, I'm sure she's keeping him young:)

That first picture....my favorite! Thanks Kristen for the update!

Chilli
12-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Both Rocky & Emma are looking great. =]
I'm so glad to hear that Rocky is still doing pretty well, he looks rather happy to be cuddled.
& Emma is growing soo much.
Hopefully Rocky continues to do well and Emma learns its not okay to chew and swallow things!

*LabLoverKEB*
12-31-2006, 10:51 AM
Awwwww! Both Rocky & Emma look so adorable! Rocky looks much better- he looks so happy to be with you all. :)

Kirsten
12-31-2006, 10:52 AM
Yes, I really think it's good for Rocky to have Emma around. :) The girl adores him! LOL

But I really wish she would stop chewing and swallowing things!! *sigh*

Kirsten

lizbud
12-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Aww. they look great together. I sure was surprised at how much
Emma had changed.They grow up way too fast.I hope your parents are
giving Emma lots of safe things to chew on so she doesn't get into things
she shouldn't. Rocky still looks so handsome & I'm glad he has more good
days than bad. Thanks for updating us Kirsten. :)

dukedogsmom
12-31-2006, 08:40 PM
What beautiful Rotties! You be sure and give Rocky some hugs from me. I have a soft spot for the older dogs. I'm so glad he's still here when he wasn't expected to be. I'm glad you're not taking the time for granted. They're gone before you know it.

kimlovescats
12-31-2006, 09:14 PM
They are both gorgeous!!! :eek:

Kfamr
01-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Kirsten, you're making my heart go pitter patter! I am so in love with those two. Especially sweet Rocky. He is so handsome and looks so wonderful for his age. If it wasn't for the tiny bit of grey on his chin I'd think they are the same dog! He looks so wonderful.

I love how vibrant their copper markings are.

Thank you for sharing them with us. :)