PDA

View Full Version : Ink Refils (for Printers)

Craftlady
12-30-2006, 10:55 AM
I have been very skeptical about the refil kits for ink cartridges to printers. It appears the technology has improved 1000% in the last few years. We bought a kit at Walmart for $9.95 and it filled two cartridges, black ink.
Our cartridges are $29.95 a piece.

IT WORKS.... :)
I had to run a couple test prints to clear the smudges, hubbys didnt have that problem.

It would of cost us $60.00 plus (we both ran out at same time). Instead cost us $5.00 a piece ... saved $50.00

JenBKR
12-30-2006, 10:56 AM
woohoo thanks for letting us know! I have always wondered if those things work, but I've been afraid to try them. That will be so nice, considering ours are $30 each also....it would actually cost less to buy a whole new (inexpensive) printer!

moosmom
12-30-2006, 11:44 AM
I used to use the refill kits until it damaged (gunked it up) my printer. I no longer have a printer (don't really need one). For the price of printers now, you can buy a new one everytime you need to buy an ink cartridge.

Dorothy39
12-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Thank-You Craftlady~

I noticed an HP ink set at our Meijer's Store the other day, and I wondered if I had stumbled onto a Good Thing~

I'm glad you remarked about the refill kit~ It sure seems nice to be able to buy them for that Price!!!!

I'm going to buy one and keep it on hand~

Thanks Again!!!

Randi
12-30-2006, 11:59 AM
It is more important to use the right brand cartridge for the printer, than using the right brand paper. Your printer could be ruined from using a cheap/wrong one - and yes, they are expensive. :(

Craftlady
12-30-2006, 12:48 PM
It is more important to use the right brand cartridge for the printer, than using the right brand paper. Your printer could be ruined from using a cheap/wrong one - and yes, they are expensive. :(

You use the orginial cartridge, so all your doing is filling it up with liquid ink.
So there is no guess work as to if you have the right brand cartridge. The packing has what model cartridges it will fill.

Craftlady
12-30-2006, 12:54 PM
For the price of printers now, you can buy a new one everytime you need to buy an ink cartridge.

HUH? Where you buying printers, I want to know because there isnt a printer for under $50 around my area.

Laura's Babies
12-30-2006, 06:39 PM
About 10 years ago my sister and I tried that and found the ink didn't last long so we quit refilling... I want to see how long they last now... It has to have improved in these 10 years.

BC_MoM
12-30-2006, 06:41 PM
We've always used refills. We've never had a problem. :)

Catsnclay
12-30-2006, 09:06 PM
This is good to know, it seems we are always running out of ink!!! :rolleyes:

Craftlady
12-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Hubbys is working great but mine is having a problem :(
I tried all the trouble shooting stuff and finally gave up. I was able to find a nice Canon printer (only draw back no paper tray at the output end) for $35.95 (it was opened/returned) regular $50.00, got it at Best Buy. Man it prints fast.
Our HP printers are 6 years old or more. It's getting harder to find the color printer cartridges.
The new Cannon color and black ink are price of one HP black #15 combined. $40 got us 2 cartridges.