PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a town!?!

coco-bean
12-29-2006, 06:18 PM
My boyfriend and I are going to be moving in about 5 months to a house, but i dont really want to stay around here, does anyone know some good places to move! It can be any state, any town any anything....I dont want a HUGE city, i would also like it to be doggie friendly....VERY doggie friendly! and all around a good place to raise a family and nice town people! thanks!!

Almita
12-29-2006, 06:23 PM
I really liked a place that i used to live at. Logan, Utah. In Logan there is a little town called River Heights. Everyone is SOO friendly, sweet, animal lovers, and great people. When i was new there they helped us and took care of the snow when it snowed in the winter. Also it is a very small suburb type place. Great view and everything. I wish i could still live there, but since we had to move back to Arizona because of my dad's work. That is a place i recommend.

Kfamr
12-29-2006, 06:31 PM
I may be biased, but I REALLY like my town, Palm Harbor, Florida.

If you can take the summer heat then it is perfect. I know of many dog-friendly beaches and about 8 or so dog parks within a half hour of driving time. Pinellas county itself is usually rather dog friendly.

If your Labs like water they'd love the off-leash beaches!

coco-bean
12-29-2006, 06:52 PM
thank you so much for the help! this is hard decision...plus i need to try and convince my boyfriend to move far away hehe! :)

GreyhoundGirl
12-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I've never lived there, so you might want to do more research, but I LOVED cape cod. (Massatusets, oh please don't make me spell that... :o ) I was in Cape Cod and Marthas Vineyard. All AMAZINGLY dog-friendly. I was really surprised and pleased.

Lots of dog stores, lots of dogs everywhere, a huge thing there is "The Black Dog" which I see suits you also ;) . There is also lots of water, especially around Marthas Vineyard, as it's an island.

The biggie for me was how dog-friendly everyone was. I'd vote it the most dog-friendly place in the states. :D I loved it there, *sigh* I only wish I'd been there longer.