PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 of 2006 -- (post your's!!)

Cookiebaker
12-29-2006, 10:10 AM
I am "borrowing" this from another board I'm on. I thought it was nice.

You list your biggest events of the year, good, bad, or both.

1.) My dearest Mom-in-law passed away March 10th after a 8 year long uphill battle with multiple myeloma. Her passing was bittersweet -- we know she is with her Lord, but how we miss her.

2.) After being diagnosed infertile November 2005, we signed up for an adoption seminar (AWAA) and fell totally in love with the idea of adopting a baby internationally. The seminar was June 4th.

3.) At the end of June, I got very sick, ended up in the ER and left with a piece of paper that said we were pregnant!!!

4.) I quit my job in September to be a SAHM.

5.) In May, we ripped our our ugly, ugly kitchen, and replaced it with my dream kitchen. The work was finally done in September.

6.) In October, we visited my Grandma who was up this way on a trip. The significance of this is that I just reconnected with her in 2005 for the first time in 20+ years (family dispute with my parents)

7.) On December 1, my dad-in-law fell and broke his leg in 3 places. All of us kids have been pitching in to help him through this really difficult time. And I'm so glad that I am done work so that I can help him more.

8.) Mark & I celebrated our 9th anniversary (belated) in September -- we rented a house on a lake for a week. It was the most relaxing vacation that we have had in years!

9.) In a very coincidental manner (through the passing of my mom-in-law), we met a very dear couple and have hit it off very well with them. We have gotten together quite a few times now, and we just get along so well!!!

10.) We had the best Thanksgiving ever with Mark's Dad, brother & sister-in-law, and sister.

CatLuvrs
12-29-2006, 10:29 AM
1.) I got my first apartment on my own. This was a big accomplishment

2.) I got my all my pets this year

3.) My best friend found out she has cancer

4.) I got a new job, they fired me and I got a new job doing what I like

5.) Moved into my new apartment (still moving)

6.) Marissa got straight A's

7.) Got a new camera

8.) Got a MP3 player for Christmas that I love

9.) Found out that my other best friend will be getting married soon

10.) My mom got the SUV she always wanted

Miss Z
12-29-2006, 10:41 AM
1) I lost my beautiful Zsa-Zsa on 19th July. She had battled for nearly a year with her blindness and everything that came with that, but I know she had 16 long years of a happy life with me and I'm grateful that she was in my life.

2) As I lost a dear pet I gained another, 3 others! In September the 'gubba bubbas (in other words, three black mongolian gerbil girls: Twilight, Ebony and Nightshade) joined the family. They are so adorable, they remind me of a little family, squabbling one minute then cuddling the next. I love them dearly.

3) Some may remember my awful week in January, when both my hamster Foxy and my grandfather passed away within days of each other, then to top that of I fainted at school and discovered I have low blood pressure and I'm at risk from fainting at any time. That is a time I'd rather forget.

4) I began my first lessons of 'serious' horse-riding in October. For 10 years or so I've just ridden generally, now I'm having a bash at dressage, and it has me hooked!

5) Also in October, I visited Paris on a school trip with my two best friends, it was certainly a time I'll never forget, especially on top of the Eiffel Tower with the wind blowing people from one side to the other! :D

6) Even before Paris, I went another school trip to London which was so much fun. My friend Katherine and I will always remember 'the plughole' :p

7) I entered a Latin competition in March, and by a great stroke of luck got into the final! I was up against tough competition so did not come away with the title, but it means that I'm in the top 8 Latin students in Lancashire!

8) Hmm, getting hard now *racks brain*, well, I suppose I discovered gabbly! Now I can be found there sometimes in the week and usually at weekends chatting with all the other PTers there.

9) Hmmmm.....Oh, I had a parachute ride in Greece! I was determined to do it, I don't really mind heights but I do have a fear of falling, so I made sure I was strapped in tightly ;) It is the most magical feeling, like walking on air, and it was so cool when the wind dropped a little and my feet skimmed along the ocean surface, sending spray high into the air.

10) I suppose the last bit would be is throughout all of 2006 I have been a PT member, the first year that has happened for me as I joined in September 2005. It's such a great place to be, something I would never have considered joining if Zsa-Zsa had not been COTD. I'm so glad I joined, I have made so many friends and love seeing all the cute pets we have in this community.

Roll on 2007!

cassiesmom
12-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Top 10 of 2006

Nephew graduated from college with honors...
Youngest nieces graduated middle school and are happy in high school...
Oldest niece changed careers and is succeeding...
Turned 40 (:|)
Many opportunities to play the flute I just got a little over a year ago...
Received a digital (!) camera for Christmas ...
My Dad had open heart surgery and is doing well...
Extended family reunion picnic was a lot of fun...
A job I enjoy with a terrific group of co-workers...
Family is healthy and happy!

Bonus: Joined Pet Talk, which I enjoy so much!

GreyhoundGirl
12-29-2006, 12:12 PM
hmmm, I'm bad at remembering things. But a big thing for me was seeing POTC 1 and POTC 2 for the first time. They had a big effect on moi. lol :p AND~Discovered Gabbly to hang out with Zara on friday nights. ;) I competed with Jenny in lots of AWEsome agility trials (summer), I met Alyssa (xcolbi), joined PT,

I found out that guys brains don't fully develop untill they're 25. (a big thing when you have an ego like mine. :p )

molucass
12-29-2006, 12:24 PM
These aren't in any specific order.

1.) My daughter Brynn was born. I'll just be glad when she can come home.

2.) We got our dog Baby and she had 3 puppies by c-section on August 23rd.

3.) We got Morgan.

4.) My grandfather passed away in September.

5.) Robin's mom passed away in September as well. That was a very hard month. I loved Robin's mom like she was my own mom. Plus it was unexpected so that made it even harder.

6.) Robin and I went to Disney World.

7.) We found out Robin's cancer was in remission. We are just hoping and praying it doesn't come back.

8.) We have been at my moms house more this year than at our own house. I'm not sure whether that is a bad thing or a good thing. ;)

9.) My niece had surgery. It wasn't anything extensive but we were all very worried. She is only 3.

10.) My sister got married in June and I was in her wedding. I was definitely not happy about having to wear a dress, but I did anyway.

xcolbi
12-29-2006, 12:45 PM
These are just some of the best and worst things that happened to me this year. They're probably not the best ones. I'm sure if I think about it later I would come up with better things. :p

1) I was in my football league's championship :) . We came in second by one touchdown.

2) I burned my wrist in steam :( I have a couple scars.

3) I twisted my ankle at football (very badly) and couldn't compete in the track meet two days later :(

4) I started a new school, and I love it there! :p

5) My grandparents spent Christmas with my family for the first time since I was 6 months old :D . It's very difficult to see them both at the same time, since my grandfather works for months at a time on a fishing boat.

6) I made over $500 for babysitting in just a couple weeks ;) .

7) I joined my school's band, and I'm having a blast! (We're going on a couple trips. In a couple weeks, we'll be going to Ottawa to see a concert and then go shopping. Then, we're going for an overnight trip to Toronto to see Phantom of the Opera, and most likely sleep in a fancy hotel :D )

8) I got an MP3 for my birthday, but 2 weeks later, a certain little puppy grabbed it and chewed it up :( . So I got a new one for Christmas ;)

9) I went to a Rex Goudie/Melissa O'Neil concert in Ottawa.

10) I spent a lot of fun time with Colbi. Especially when we brought her out to our friends' house. They have 2 llamas and Colbi was going crazy over them. It was hilarious!

wolfsoul
12-29-2006, 12:47 PM
In order of when they happened...

1. I moved out of my roomate's and into my own place.
2. I got two new ratties, Gideon and Nathaniel.
3. Gideon died of megacolon.
4. Visa got her Canine Good Neighbor and tested OFA Good, eblows normal.
5. Hosted a PT meeting at my house.
6. Visa gave birth to one beautiful puppy
7. Went off my medication
8. Went to Surrey for a grooming seminar
9. Turned 19 (legal drinking age!)
10. Oliver, my heart-rat, died.

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-29-2006, 12:47 PM
It's been quite a year!!
1) After being diagnosed as infertile in 2005, Cali was born in March
2) My Son turned 18 in December, and got his driver's licence :eek:
3) We made the VERY hard decision to leave Bahrain and move to Lagos
4) My best friend, Michelle, had a baby girl in November
5) Unfortunatley, 6 weeks before the baby arrived, Michelle immigrated to Australia :(
6) I started looking for my birth-mother (I'm adopted)
7) I found a picture of my half-sister online :eek:
8) I was diagnosed with Reumatoid Arthritis
9) I sent Connor to live with Cheryl in the USA :(
10) I lost 20Kgs (50 lbs) :D :D

K9soul
12-29-2006, 12:56 PM
1. My marriage ended.

2. I spent Thanksgiving alone.

3. I spent my birthday alone.

4. I spent Christmas alone.

5. I started a second job.

6. I was inspired and strengthened by Barbaro's will to live and keep coming out on top, even when he was stated by his vets to only have a 10% chance of survival at one point. He gave me a focus and inspiration when I needed it most.

7. I realized how wonderful and precious my friendships are and I treasure my friends more than I ever have in my life.

8. I've learned that I'm stronger than I thought I was.

9. I've reached out much more to my family and friends, realizing how precarious and fleeting life can be, and feel that has also given me more strength.

10. I adopted a precious puppy, Raven, from the Humane Society and adding a new and precious member to my little family, learning how to smile and laugh more and helping to heal the wounds in my heart.

Zippy
12-29-2006, 01:30 PM
1.had to rehome my cockatiel Emmy
2.got to keep my orange ball of terror kitty Pumpkin
3.my parents broke up
4.parents got back together
5.bi-polar and ADHA under contorl
6.moving to NM in 2007
7.aunt tryed to kill herself
8.got into Bettas
9.Got closer to God
10.Found PT :D

Uabassoon
12-29-2006, 01:41 PM
1. Moved in with Alexa.
2. Went to Europe for the first time.
3. Was promoted at work to supervisor.
4. Enrolled in classes at my local college to study business.
5. Went to Las Vegas and Alexa met my parents for the first time after 2.5 years of us dating.
6. Saw my sister graduate with her masters degree in Washington D.C.
7. Was transfered at work and while I first I was upset I now love my new location.
8. Spent my first Christmas living with Alexa in our home.
9. Met Daniel and Sarah and their wonderful daughter Kira, they are now wonderful friends and I am lucky to have them in my life.
10. Celebrated my "golden birthday" I turned 25 on the 25th of May.

catnapper
12-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Great idea for a thread!
In no particular order of importance:
1) I became a dog trainer, which I absolutely LOVE
2) Pouncer's been sick off and on all year, which worries me to no end
3) I finally got diagnosed by a doctor, had surgery, need another which I can't afford at the moment.
4) My business officially failed and I drove the family into finacnial chaos
5) My youngest daughter got her driving license
6) My inlaws are speaking to us again (we still have no idea what we did wrong in the first place :rolleyes: )
7) My brother and I are doing MUCH better, we cleared the air a LOT a few months ago
8) We were robbed on the 4th, and it basically just crushed me. I haven't been the same since
9) Been battling a pretty bad depression (related mostly to money and my failed business)
10) and the best for last: Cameron! :)

catlover4ever
12-29-2006, 01:47 PM
In no particular order

1. I lost my dear Tigger on October 16, only three days after finding out that she was full of cancer. She was my little girl since May of 1993.

2. My husband and I found out that after trying to have a baby for more than 5 years...we are infertile.

3. Mark and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary in May.

4. We had our one year anniversary of settling into our new house on December 2.

5. We made wonderful, dear friends in our new neighbors.

6. Mark and I became Aunt Meg and Uncle Mark in August.

7. My entire family had a good year health wise.

8. Turned 35 in April.

9. While loosing Tigger this year I gained two other kitties that I swear Tigger sent my way.

10. I celebrated my 6th anniversary at the hospital that I work at....that is the most time that I have spent at any one job and not left to find other work.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-29-2006, 01:52 PM
2006 - It was the best of times; it was the worst of times:

1. Brother saved me from being homeless by buying me a home

2. The move bout killed me physically.

3. Had fun discovering all the flowers at the new place

4. Learned to use my digi cam and love it

5. Car broke down and I am now car less. BIG BUMMER!!!

6. Leonardo starting to look frail at age 16 :(

7. Arthritis and fibromyalgia getting worse

8. Pain all the time :(

9. Wonderful friends from Pet Talk

10. Great Christmas thanks to those friends!!! :)

chocolatepuppy
12-29-2006, 02:12 PM
1. Jan.-Lacey had yet another knee surgery. :(

2. Feb.-Lost my dear Uncle Andy who I set with in church. :(

3. Mar.-Celebrated 30th wedding anniversary. :D

4. May-Mandy's 5th birthday! They said she'd never make it. :D

5. June-Lost beloved Mandy. :(

6. Found out how many 'real' friends I have after Mandys death. :(

7. July-Got a raise at work. :D

8. Aug.-Got my new puppy Layla. :D

9. Christmas Eve-Found out you could still be an 'orphan' even when your parents are alive. :(

10. Christmas Day-Found out the crack head next door had her house paid off by her father, so unless she gets busted, she's not going anywhere. :mad:

Kfamr
12-29-2006, 03:10 PM
This year has been okay, but depressing overall. I've learned a good lesson on who the genuine people are in my life. While it was a very depressing struggle, and still is, I am happy to say there are many burdens off my shoulders now and those heartless people are no long a part of my life, finally.

I think this may be a pretty okay summery of 2006.

1. Met my dear friend Laurie and her wonderful husband and kids.

2. Attended my very first Mutt Strut with Amber, Maggie, and Laurie in March.

3. Grandpa was in and out of the E.R. in March.

4. Around April-May we obtained an old fishing boat which has given us many enjoyable fishing trips in the gulf.

5. In May we go to visit with a lot of Ohio PT'ers as well as others. We (Kiara, my dad, and I) camped and then stayed with my Aunt in Michigan.

6. In June/Julyish My boss and family friend of 11 years and his wife had a baby girl. After have three boy and miscarriages whenever it was a girl. She is happy, healthy, and THE most adorable little girl, ever.

7.In July, my brother and father saved a lady and a dog from drowning. The lady went to jail on some other charges and we kept the dog until she was bailed out.

8. September was the worst month of my life. Kiara got out and my heart and life were completely shattered. I did not go to work for a whole week and spent over $300 that week searching for her.

9. We found Kiara five days later and our lives were once again whole. Kiara and I are still struggling with the after effects of her disappearing act.

10. We unexpectedly obtained a puppy, Mufasa, who as of Wednesday is officially our 4th dog. :) He has been an absolute joy and as of today he knows sit, lay down, paw, come/stay when he feels like it, and knows to leave treats alone on command.

neko1
12-29-2006, 03:50 PM
In order, the good and the bad...

1. Turned 29 and realized that my life was just beginning...

2. Got divorced (it was a long time coming so not a shocker)

3. Sold my house.

4. Lost 2 of my kitty cats to the ex-husband.

5. Living back with my mother (temporarily till I get back on my feet).

6. Met the love of my life, Hector <3

7. Was viciously attacked by my brother's cat which left both my legs permanently scarred up to my knees.

8. Neko was diagnosed with a heart murmur.

9. Tama was diagnosed with psychogenic alopecia.

10. Had a great christmas, (got a Canon S3 and an Ipod Nano from Hector :D ) and look forward to getting a place with Hector possibly in 2007.

2006 definitely had it's share of ups and downs, but has nowhere to go but up in the new year!!!!

Laura's Babies
12-29-2006, 03:56 PM
1-In Febuary, I got another great grandaughter

2- A few days after the birth, Eddie FINALLY got released from the hospital after being there for 9 months! (YAAAAAAA!)

3- In April, Eddie celebrated his birthday.

4- In April, Eddies Angels who saved his life were honored.

5- I finally got rid of some of the carpet and got tile down.

6-In August, I got another great grandson.

7- I FINALLY put shelves in my cabinets.

8- In December EDDIE (and his wife) came to see me!

9- December, got a bonus and a raise!

10- The year ended with a friends 29 year old son dying of Meningitis.

krazyaboutkatz
12-29-2006, 04:23 PM
This thread is great idea.:)

1. On Jan.10th my nephew Preston was born.:)

2. From May-July I painted my entire condo except for both bedrooms and bedroom doors.

3. In July I had new bathroom and kitchen floors installed.

4. In Aug. my left shoulder and left arm began giving me problems and I've been in a lot of pain due to this. I must have injured myself from painting. I had to go to physical therapy and was on pain meds.

5.In Aug. I got to go visit K & L and all of their cats again.:)

6. In Aug. I adopted Ziggy Stardust from K & L.:)

7. In Sept. Ziggy was spayed but she became very sick shortly afterwards.:(

8. In Nov. Pearl became very sick and had to be hospitalized for one day and Ziggy decided to stop eating again.:(

9. In Dec. I decided to start going to chiropractor for my aches and pains and so far the doctor has helped me a lot.:)

10. Just 2 days ago Starr bit me very hard and broke my skin so I had to go the doctor. I'm now on antibiotics for this. I don't blame Starr because he's still getting over having his teeth cleaned and hasn't been feeling well.

I hope that 2007 will be a much better and healthier year for me and all 6 of my furkids.:)

jazzcat
12-29-2006, 06:20 PM
It's been a strange year for me.

Jan - had surgery and was diagnosed with endometriosis.
April - Got new master bedroom furniture that all matches - YAY! I've been waiting for 15 years.
April - Ripley was diagnosed with kidney failure.
April - pulled a ligament in my knee which really messed up my weight loss and exercise program.
May - husband had surgery but is doing great from it.
Sept. - had more surgery, a hysterectomy, but doing well from it.
Oct. - rescued four kittens in my backyard, found a home for two of them.
Oct. - suffered a possible muscle pull or hernia from surgery and overdoing it which is still bothering me.
Nov. - after dealing with two very sick kittens we decided to keep them.
Dec. - had a nice stress free holiday with my family for the first time in years.

Overall this has been a very unhealthy year for me and I pray that 2007 bring no surgery and loads of energy along with lots of happiness.

jenluckenbach
12-29-2006, 07:09 PM
I barely remember last week :rolleyes: But here goes.....

(no particular order)

1-Lucas leaves for the rainbow bridge. :(

2-I raised my first bottle-baby kittens, Chip and Dale.

3-Amber's Stomatis became so painful to her that we had the radical dental done to remove almost all her teeth.

4-I adopted Hamlet.

5-I adopted Simba.

6-Finally got DSL :o

7-Actually went to NYC to spring a cat from a kill shelter (and she had been adopted) :)

8-Celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary.

9-Had a persistant roof leak, that denied explaination :confused: (but has FINALLY been fixed I hope)

10-Received an abundous of love (in the form of Christmas cards) from the many friends I have here (even though I did not participate in the card swap.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Overall this has been a good year for me.

This is in no particular order whatsoever:

1) Found out I am pregnant!
2) bought a new house
3) Became an Aunt
4) Justin started working more from home
5) I left my job that I loved after nearly 6 years. It was sad, but it was time to start another chapter of my life.
6) All of my pets stayed healthy this year.
7) We got our "big dog", Jake
8) We adopted sweet Emmy, the cockatiel
9) I'm getting my dream bird room soon- Justin is working on it right now.
10) I finally got a dining room table!

carole
12-30-2006, 04:26 PM
In april this year my husband started his new job, it's along story i shared with some of you, but he ended up in his dream job, better pay, hours, bonuses etc,has made a big difference to us indeed.

Around May-Sept Ellie-Mae and Nikkita officially became my two kitties, as their crap owner abandoned them, yahoo, i love them both to bits and they are awesome kitties.

In october the 12th to be exact my Great Nephew and the families first great grandchild was born, Carlos James Sinclair.

In May this year my son moved to Auckland to live with his partner Amber, who is the most beautiful person inside and out.

In November I had a cancer scare, but luckily it turned out to be nothing at all, I am so blessed.

I cannot think of anything else,it has not been a year full of excitement, but then it has been a year with mostly happy events, so i am pleased about that. :)

binka_nugget
12-30-2006, 06:49 PM
1. After doing private sessions for a while, I finally started running group obedience classes. It's A LOT of fun!

2. I worked for a company for 8 months that treated me horribly.. I started taking celexa then eventually effexor because of my work environment. I left the place, found a job I enjoy, and stopped having to take my medication.

3. I started fostering for Border Collie rescue

4. Had two betta spawns

5. Allie (cockatiel) passed away

6. Kickapoo (cockatiel) was given to me by my boyfriend

7. Got my license and went on my first road trip to Kelowna

8. Turned 19 (legal drinking age)

9. Got my first tattoo.. Kai and Kae's paw prints

10. Fell in love. :D

Twisterdog
12-30-2006, 07:05 PM
1. I got married in May.

2. We spent a wonderful week on our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta.

3. My son got in some trouble and spent three months at the state boys' reform school.

4. My son was released and is doing so much better, a huge change for the better!

5. My husband's son got in some trouble and, eight months later, is still at the state boys' reform school, with no changes for the better noted.

6. We got Rosie, the English bulldog puppy, the cutest little squishy thing ever.

7. I inherited a step-dog that I want to choke, but so far have resisted the urge.

8. My mom had open-heart sugery, for the second time in three years. She did great, and came through with flying colors.

9. My husband's ridiculously immature daughter told us she is pregnant, with no idea who the father is, and absolutely no clue whatsoever about her own life, let alone another's.

10. I quit smoking in October.

Wow ... when you list it all in black and white, it's easy to see why we are stressed out! :eek:

Pembroke_Corgi
12-30-2006, 09:18 PM
These have been very interesting to read. Here's my list.

1. My grandpa passed away on Dec 12th. His memorial service was this morning. :(

2. Eric and I (and the pets!) moved to Denver.

3. I decided I wanted to be a teacher.

4. I got accepted to a master's of education program. :)

5. I got a job I love- teaching piano lessons!

6. My mom and I visited Ireland in March and had a very fun time.

7. We got 2 more pets, Vallis and Pippin.

8. Eric got his first "real" job after graduating from college.

9. I guess it doesn't matter now that I am going into education, but I was rejected from the Phd programs in experimental/cognitive psychology I applied to. I spent a lot of time and money on applications, buying a suit, and getting to my interviews. I was pretty crushed when that last rejection came. :(

10. My "hometown" (Iowa City, IA) had a big tornado in April. We were lucky and didn't get hit, but downtown is no longer the same.

manda_moo87
12-30-2006, 09:49 PM
1. Got my first car.
2. Got my first tattoo.
3. Turned 19 (legal!) :D
4. Started my first year of college.
5. Met several new GREAT friends.
6. Lost Austin... :(
7. Worked @ my job over a year and got a raise.
8. My parents almost got a divorse... :eek:
9. Went to Whistler.
10. Met someone "special". :)

buttercup132
12-30-2006, 10:15 PM
1. I got a new job that has me set for life

2. I got Tedd my baby (and Hank and Baby)

3. I got 2 new tatoos

4. I made a new friend who is now my best friend

5. My family got into a big fight over something stupid

6. I bonded Tedd and Baby ( a major acomplishment)

7. Trigger was sold :( :(

8. I got offered a new horse from my old barn owner

9. I severly sprained my ankle after getting thrown off Trigger

10. I got my wisdom teeth out ( SO painful!!)

slick
12-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Sorry, but this all revolves around cancer.

1. Was diagnosed with cancer and had sir jury.
2. At that time, I really found out who my real friends are.
3. Battle with cancer has totally changed my outlook on life and people.
4. I now take one day at a time and really appreciate things and events more.....especially the small things, like a sunset.
5. I never sweat the small stuff anymore.
6. I learned soooo much about myself and my faith....they/we are both stronger than I ever thought. I know I can beat anything now.
7. I love much deeper now (yeah I know it's a line from a song but it's true).
8. I give more hugs.
9. I'm more open about my feelings. I tell people and friends that I love them all the time. On the other end of the scale, I have learned to put myself first and have a new found self confidence. I can handle conflict much better.
10. Through it all, I found out how loved I am and will never, ever take that love for granted.

Oh yes, and my objectives for 2007 are.....................
Stay cancer free, go to the UK in June and go to Findlay in September. :) :)

Russian Blue
12-31-2006, 11:33 AM
1. I quit a very stressful job in February 2006.

2. Frugal living! You don't know how tight a budget is until you need to tighten it some more. ;)

2. Rob and I finished tearing down walls and building closets in the upstairs of our home. We just finished sanding the walls last night and can finally paint next weekend. :)

3. Finished some landscaping in the backyard this past summer. :)

4. Paid off our car. :)

5. Took two contract jobs and found out the real meaning of a workplace that is an occupation health hazard. :(

6. Adopted Phoenix, to be a playmate for Nakita. She was my dream calico but unfortunately had to send her back to her foster mom. :(

7. Spent the year trying to figure out Nakita's health issues - with no results. Went to 4 vets who charged us yet didn't give us any answers to the hyperesthesia and potential allergy issues. Nakita's weight started to decline. and the VISA bills just keep getting higher. :(

8. Started a small side business with Rob which will probably expand in 2007. :)

9. Signed a job offer with a wonderful company and will start working for them at the end of January. It's a sigh of relief after having a horrible time over the last two years and not feeling I 'fit' anywhere in the working world. :)

10. Nakita's health has taken a turn for the worse. We're now dealing with it day by day until we finally have a diagnosis. It may be cancer or auto-immune related....but it won't be an easy fix. I would never imagine my 4 year old Emerald Girl could be this sick. :(

cyber-sibes
12-31-2006, 04:13 PM
This year we've had our share of stressful events, but ends on a good note.

1. Spring-My husband was rushed to the hospital from work, thought he had a heart attack.
2. It was stress. He made decision to leave his job, then found out they wanted him to leave anyway.
3. I graduated with my Master's Degree. How 'bout that? It only took me 53 years. :D
4. Got my new imac - it's wonderful.
5. My first color illustrations were published! - 5 books for a reading program. Yeah!
6. Followed up his heart problems, ended up getting a defribbulator implanted. Thank God we still had insurance!
7. Hubs accepted a new job 800 miles away. :eek:
8. Thanksgiving - Found out my older son just got engaged.
9. So grateful that all my family is now healthy. Both sons doing well, husband healthy & happy, loves the new job.
10. Coming to grips with having to relocate...the big adventure for 2007!

anna_66
01-01-2007, 08:10 AM
In no particular order...

Spent Christmas with my parents for the first time in 8 years.
Celebrated my 20th wedding anniversary.
Turned 40 :eek: (but got my first ever full day spa treatment!)
I'm a great aunt again to a beautiful baby girl (Sophia).
Received the happy news that all 4 of my managers are being replaced:D
Got the new laptop I've always wanted.
Went to my first ever Indy car race.
My best friends husband left her.
Found out my second cousin went to prison for murder:(
I was able to attend two of my cousins weddings with my mom.

Chilli
01-01-2007, 09:54 AM
In no particular order-

Continued to suffer the effect of my dad loosing his job due to the plant shutting down.
Helped a friend through his major depression. We're closer than ever now.
Started volunteering at a Bird/Reptile/Fish shop in a nearby town.
Gained alot of family members(pets). Lost some, also.
I was finally able to adopt a bird(something I had wanted to do for a long time now). =]
Opened up a small animal rescue with my family. =D
Dad quit drinking(for the most part). Its made things alot better. Though mum needs to put effort into the relationship or else it will go downhill again. >__>
Both mum & dad had to get new jobs. We're becoming extra- wealthy again!
Made alot of new friends at the new school. Its much better than the one I used to go to.
I learned how to crochet! XD

I have a feeling that this upcoming year(well... now its already started!) is going to be even better than the last.

Cincy'sMom
01-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Oh yes, and my objectives for 2007 are.....................
go to Findlay in September. :) :)

We can't wait to see you, Slick!!!

1. Started my new position at work. Love it!!

2. Went to college roommate's wedding in Houston

3. Have been able to travel for work, getting to go to California (and meet many PTers!), Washington (and took a side trip to Oregon to see my BIL and meet his girlfriend), Philadelphia and Maryland.

4. My nephew, Dominic James was born on July 22, the 1 yr anniversary of my brother's funeral. A reason to celebrate on a day that may have been more difficult to handle.

5. I became a great-aunt in November

6. Ralph got a new job and is working for Chrysler

7. Spent a weekend in Indy with 3 of my best friends from High school

8. We finsihed our basement

9. Went to a few races at Eldora

10. Took up golf (becuase soccer, sorftball and volleyball just isn't enough!)