PDA

View Full Version : That's Not A Mouse! *Updated Pics!*

Kalei
12-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Wow I'm so excited! For those of you that read my thread called "Need Help to Catch a Mouse" you will know what this is about but I will explain anyway lol. For awhile I have been feeding a mouse or rat at my workplace which is a warehouse, I would put food down for it before I left and during the night he would eat it. I did it for awhile, til my boss and employees started talking about killing it becuase mice can be bad, it made me really scared cause I didn't want the little guy to get hurt. So I went out to a home hardware store got a live mousetrap which was completely harmless and guess what I caught it! Except its not a mouse, its a mole! I think I might keep it, I'm not sure yet, all I know is that the little guy just loves my food lol and now he won't get killed. :D I'm keeping another trap out just in case there is more of them and I can save them too!

BitsyNaceyDog
12-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Yay! I'm so glad you caught him!
I'd be hesitant about keeping him though, after all he is a wild animal. If he isn't hurt in anyway then he deserves to be in the wild.

kt_luvs_kitties
12-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Thank you for saving him. I agree, if you have a safe area to let him live out his life in the wild, that would be best. Maybe you have a garden at home where you could still lay out food for him. Let us know your decision:)

Beki
12-28-2006, 10:28 PM
hey kalei i remember you telling me in an email! you should take a picture of him anyway! just to keep it in your memory! thats awesome that you got him and that he will be unharmed from your boss and co-workers. take care. bbye!

Genny
12-28-2006, 11:49 PM
awww! that's so happy! well done for saving the little guy! I guess I agree with everyone else too about letting him go back into the wild if you can. I know it'll be hard, but he would be much happier since he was born and grew up in the wild. I'd definitely take a picture of him and that way you'll always remember him!!!!!

Kalei
12-29-2006, 06:31 AM
Thanks everyone! I"m glad I saved him too! It was worth the little $6.99 that I bought the trap with. Anyway yeah I did what everyone here said. I knew the little mole should be put back into the wild, so after work I drived home with him and I took some pics while he was still in a box! Unfortunately I don't have the pics here since I"m on a work computer, and last night my computer wasn't working.

So as soon as I get home tonight I will post the pics. After a took a few pics, I walked to the woods that are about 100 feet from my house and set the little guy free. I couldn't believe how fast a mole is. As soon as I seen how fast it moved, I was like "This thing would make its way out of a cage even if I tried to keep him" lol. Within 5 seconds he was already gone down under leaves and into the ground. So the little mole is probably very happy now, he might miss my food though, that mole could eat alot, and he was a little chubby too, lol probably from me feeding him.

Kalei
12-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Here the pics of the little mole! :D

http://hosting.showthatimage.com/AC03D002-B890-4009-8DF26375BF142F20.jpg

http://hosting.showthatimage.com/BB20A5FD-ABE7-4772-8A51425EEBD2273E.jpg

http://hosting.showthatimage.com/7873CC3F-F35C-48E4-9CEDC7FD75678B8C.jpg

http://hosting.showthatimage.com/2FD1A3D0-04F0-4B67-BF8B600C63F88F26.jpg

This pic I had to take really fast! He went down into the ground so fast that I just caught the back of him and then he was gone.

Genny
12-29-2006, 03:03 PM
How cute! Thanks for the pictures. I'm so glad you saved him!

Husky15
12-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Indeed he is a cutie. It was just like BAM and he was gone. It's good you saved him, though.

Beki
12-29-2006, 09:22 PM
congrats on saving the little moley moley moley! awesome! "fly fly little guy"

Chilli
12-29-2006, 11:59 PM
Aww! He's absolutely adorable!! :D:D
I'm so grateful you were able to trap the little guy and release him.

Kalei
12-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks so much everyone! I am very very glad myself to know that he is safe from harm. It made me almost cry when everyone was talking about the cruel ways to kill a rodent. But now he is safe and free!:D And I have the memory of my pics!

luckies4me
12-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Was he wet when you took the picture?

Kalei
12-30-2006, 05:23 PM
He was slightly wet when I took the pic, the back of him was, it could have been because he was outside and it was raining that day.

kt_luvs_kitties
01-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Thank you for setting him free. I am so glad that he can live out his natural life, because the kindness of you! Bye bye Moley, have a happy life! :D