PDA

View Full Version : Our first night at agility!

anna_66
06-18-2002, 10:13 PM
Well, tonight was Roxey's first night at agility, oh, she was wonderful, and had so much fun! But boy is she tired tonight!
Ashley was her handler, I told her she has to commit to seeing it thru, and she said that she was up to it, so... they did wonderful! Ashley just needs to work on her handling techinique a little, but other than that, our trainer said she did very well, and Roxey too. It helped alot that we had done a little agility in our obedience classes also, so it won't take her as long as it does some other dogs. Just wanted to let those of you who had a hand in us going, THANKS! I think it's going to be good for her and Ashley too. I'll keep you posted on her progress. I think I'll have to take the camera next week, so I can take some pics. Now I'll be able to do that since I won't be her handler!
Anna

Crikit
06-18-2002, 10:24 PM
Glad to hear that you, Roxey and Ashley had fun tonight.

It can take a while for handlers to develop their skills, so for now just let Ashley have fun with Roxey a tip though, tell Ashley that it's always best to keep your hand out, always keep out when running with the dog and that when the hand is out keep it palm facing up. It's a little odd at first but it really helps the dog in finding the pieces of equipment and keeping them on course.

Anyway, can't wait to see the pics...and maybe even though Ashley is the handler you might want to try it a couple of times, some dogs have been known to work for more then one handler.

Deb Motter
06-18-2002, 10:30 PM
So glad to hear that agility got off to a good start for Roxey and Ashley. I think it is wonderful that Ashley will be handling her. It will be a great interest for her as she gets older and something you can share in common. Not many teens have that opportunity,

Rottie
06-19-2002, 10:42 AM
Glad that everything went well! :) The first class is always fun, but once they know the obstacles and you can start doing a couple obstacles in a row is when it gets really fun! :D

youngfemalewolf
06-19-2002, 12:56 PM
Boy!I mean .... WOW :eek: !My dog wouldn't do anything to get her panting.HaHa!;) Have a drink,Roxey!I bet you need it!
http://www.lionking.org/images/animated/nala%20drinks.gif