PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 192- THe last Thursday of the 2006

RICHARD
12-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Hi everyone...

Can I talk you all into watching the last sunset of 2006 with me?

Nothing needed, just a goodbye to 2006...

Done?

trayi52
12-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Hard to believe this is the last Thursday of 2006! Next week will be another year, 2007! Richard, I'll watch the last sunset with you. You know the 28th, today is my Birthday. Could I have a special drink of some kind to celebrate?

Willie :)

davidpizzica
12-28-2006, 01:57 AM
I'll watch the last sunset with you and Willie, RICHARD. Willie, I hope you get really spoiled today!

Killearn Kitties
12-28-2006, 02:52 AM
Happy Birthday, Willie!

Hard to believe that someone somewhere could be watching a sunset. We have a whiteish fog around at the moment - can't see very far at all.

I'll take a suitable sunsetty drink. I don 't know what that might be, I can only think of sunrises at the moment.

Cincy'sMom
12-28-2006, 04:59 AM
Happy Birthday Willie!!

How 'bout a Sunset Island for the festivities?

Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz Pineapple juice
1 oz Grape juice
1 1/2 oz Lemon-lime soda
1 tsp Sugar syrup
Ice

Or if you prefer a little alcohol in the mix, a Sunset Sour
Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz Whiskey
3 oz Sour mix
1 tsp Grenadine

Or for one more option, a plain Sunset

Ingredients:
1/2 oz Watermelon schnapps
1/2 oz Malibu rum
1 oz Pineapple juice
1 splash Grenadine

Here's to the memories of 2006 and hopes for a wonderful 2007!

trayi52
12-28-2006, 05:13 AM
Thank you for the birthday wishes, and that drink sounds just right! I'll take it, alcohol and all!

How are you all doing this morning?

Willie :)

Randi
12-28-2006, 08:04 AM
Happy Birthday, Willie! Get spoiled! :)

I'd love to watch a sunset, it can't get much greyer than it is here - and now it's even started raining! KK, stop sending your weather over here!! ;)

Cincy's mom, can I have a glas of the second one? Only, I'd prefer it without the Whisky, but instead pour some of my Gran Centenario Anejo Tequila in. I got a bottle for Christmas - oh yes, I had visitors, all the way from Mexico. :D Anyone else wants to try? You're all welcome!

Cheers!

Dorothy39
12-28-2006, 08:32 AM
I'll be there to Watch that Last Sunset with Everyone~

It's pretty darned grey over here as well~ So, I"ve missed Plenty of Sunrises and Sunsets!!!!

I'll take a Plain Sunset Cincy'sMom~

Does Mario have your Keys Willie? ;)

Cheers Everyone for The New Year~~~~2007~~~~~~

DONE :p

(spelling correction~ :o )

mike001
12-28-2006, 09:11 AM
I'll be watching the sunset, looks like it will be a great one, lots of sunshine today.

RedHedd
12-28-2006, 10:48 AM
I watched a beautiful sunrise this morning - yes, it's all bright and shiny here in San Francisco. I think the wind we had blew all the clouds away, among other things (trees, wires, etc.) - DANG! it was blustery!

I'd love to watch the sunset with all my PT friends. Happy Birthday, Willie! I hope Mario treats you well today. Perhaps he'll even bake you a cake!

It's too early for a sunset drink for me, so I'll just raise my cuppa Joe in a Birthday toast! Here! Here! :D

cassiesmom
12-28-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm on the west side of the office and it is a sunny day in Chicago, so we should have a nice sunset this afternoon if it doesn't cloud over. I'll toast the last Thursday of the year with a diet Coke, if you all don't mind.

catland
12-28-2006, 12:24 PM
I'd like to join everyone.

Mario - sit down - you're blocking the view :eek:

(now which way is west?)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-28-2006, 01:12 PM
I have the perfect picture to say goodbye to 2006!
I peeked out the window last night and saw the prettiest sunset. I grabbed to camera and took some pics. This one is special because a jet was flying over. I didn't realize it until I loaded the pic on my computer. The jet stream is pink too.

Bye Bye 2006!!!
can I have a cherry vanilla coke? :D

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/jetinsunset000_1504.jpg

Randi
12-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Wonderful picture, MOFF! It's gonna be windy there tomorrow, you know the saying.... Pink sky etc. (honestly, I can't remember in English ;) )

lbaker
12-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Red sky at night, sailors delight
Red sky in morning, sailors take warning!!

I saw a beautiful sunrise this morning on my way into work but it usually sets while I'm underground on the Metro after work :mad: I DO NOT LIKE leaving the house when it's dark and coming home when it's dark. We recently moved our small little department down to the "Garden Level" which actually is the basement so I feel like an old bat most of the time :rolleyes: I can always zoom over in cyber space to catch the sunset with you all at Thursdays so have something inviting when I get there pul-eeese?

momoffuzzyfaces
12-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Wonderful picture, MOFF! It's gonna be windy there tomorrow, you know the saying.... Pink sky etc. (honestly, I can't remember in English ;) )
Thanks Randi!
I think the saying goes: Red sky at night, salor's delight.
Red sky at morning, salor's take warning! :D

Is that the one you are thinking of?

OOPS!!! I see lbaker beat me too it! :)

wolflady
12-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Happy Birthday Willie!

Can I join in the sunset walk with you all? I can't wait to say goodbye to 2006, because it hasn't been a good year for me at all. I just hope 2007 is better.

Barkeep, I'll take one of those sunset sours, if you please!

Goodbye 2006!

lbaker
12-28-2006, 02:02 PM
I agree Karen, good bye and GOOD RIDANCE

cyber-sibes
12-28-2006, 03:36 PM
The last Thursday of 2006 already? Seems like the year started not too long ago. One of those Island Sunsets (sans alcohol) sounds delicious. Maybe we should set up the chairs outside so we can get a better view of this beautiful sunset? Oh - and Happy Birthday, Willie!
So long, 2006!

TamanduaGirl
12-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Sure I'll join. I like sunsets and may as well try one of those drinks too.

captain
12-28-2006, 05:13 PM
I will join you all on that sunset ............ and will see it before everyone but NZ Carole ............ so I will let you know how it looks, OK? :D

Barkeep, one of those Sunset drinkies please ......... the one supplied by Cincy's Mum .............. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

davidpizzica
12-28-2006, 05:46 PM
The last Thursday of 2006 already? Seems like the year started not too long ago. One of those Island Sunsets (sans alcohol) sounds delicious. Maybe we should set up the chairs outside so we can get a better view of this beautiful sunset? Oh - and Happy Birthday, Willie!
So long, 2006!
I'll help Mario get the chairs outside. Uh, Mario? Not on top of each other! Cyber-sibes, I'll join you in one of those non alcohol Island Sunsets.

Cincy'sMom
12-28-2006, 08:48 PM
I like the idea of changing the whiskey to Tequila. Mind if I have a some? I need something strong to knock this sinus infection out of me!

Randi
12-29-2006, 05:25 AM
I like the idea of changing the whiskey to Tequila. Mind if I have a some? You're most welcome to share. I hate the taste of Whisky - might be because I had too much one time as a teenager. ;)

Good grief! I'll have to stop smoking one of these days!! It will not be allowed to smoke anywhere in public from Jan. 1st, and I'm starting a new job on the 2nd. What am I to do. :eek: I foresee a lot of empty Bars, or people standing outside freezing. Yes, I know I won't get much comfort from you lot - all you non smokers. ;)

lbaker
12-29-2006, 06:29 AM
Randi, I'm with you kid... outside still works over here on the other side of the pond and it's amazing how tolerable cold can be for a few puffs :rolleyes: Funny how I can go all day without a cig but seem to make up for it when I get home :o Are we not pathetic? Hey, there are worse vices ;)

Karen
12-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Why, I was just (gently) nagging my brother-in-law about quitting smoking ... and like I told him, it's just because I love you and you know that ... I am sure both of you have herad the lecture, but if you want to quit and need a nudge, I'm here for you!!!!!!!

Still getting Christmas cards in the mail, which is nice!

To quote the Counting Crows:

It's been a long Deecember, and I've reason to believe maybe next year will be better than the last ...

C'mon, Orc, please help me with this ... I'm bringing a big urn of mulled cider out for folks to enjoy while watching the sunset ... keeps fingers and insides from getting too nippy ...

Dorothy39
12-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Now I KNOW I will really be there for that Sunset~

Mulled Cider~ :o What a Great Drink to Toast in the New Year~

I'll help set up the chairs~ I'll even hold Mario on my lap ( sorry Toto, you"ll have to sit on slicks lap ) :D

Receiving Christmas Cards, after Christmas, is an extended Bliss~

It's going to Be a Warm New Years Eve for Sure!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Just think, it will be a whole new year this time next week!!! Seems like just yesterday it as 2000!!! Remember all the Y2K scares? :D

Still seems like we should be traveling in flying cars now that we are in a new century and stuff!!! Guess they will have to wait for the year 3000! :D

Bottoms up gang!!! :D
no mario, I didn't mean for you to stand on your head!

lizbud
12-29-2006, 04:26 PM
You're most welcome to share. I hate the taste of Whisky - might be because I had too much one time as a teenager. ;)

Good grief! I'll have to stop smoking one of these days!! It will not be allowed to smoke anywhere in public from Jan. 1st, and I'm starting a new job on the 2nd. What am I to do. :eek: I foresee a lot of empty Bars, or people standing outside freezing. Yes, I know I won't get much comfort from you lot - all you non smokers. ;)

I feel your pain Randi. :) Our city is not yet as strict as yours will be,
but it's getting there ,slow but sure. :( Agree about the taste of whiskey
too. Blaaah. Only reason to swallow that stuff, is it's impolite to spit. :D

Dorothy39
12-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Just think, it will be a whole new year this time next week!!! Seems like just yesterday it as 2000!!! Remember all the Y2K scares? :D

Still seems like we should be traveling in flying cars now that we are in a new century and stuff!!! Guess they will have to wait for the year 3000! :D

Bottoms up gang!!! :D
no mario, I didn't mean for you to stand on your head!

Meet George Jetson~~~Daughter Judy~~ Their Boy Elroy~~~~ Jane , his wife~~( chop sticks on the piano)~ Heyl June Jetson had those *knotty* fingers from using all those buttons!!!! Hanna~Barbara tried to warn us :D
This New Years Eve, We are going to party like it's 1999 Moff!!!

cyber-sibes
12-29-2006, 08:21 PM
... I'm bringing a big urn of mulled cider out for folks to enjoy while watching the sunset ...
Mmmm, mulled cider sounds very good! Mario, can you dip me a cup of that mulled cider without getting into it up to your elbows? No, Mario, the saying is "More fun than a barrel of monkeys", not "more fun with a monkey in the barrel" :rolleyes:

Dorothy, you'd better check if Rosie the Maid came along with the Jetsons, I have a feeling we're gonna need help with the clean-up after the party, especially with Mario acting so silly!

RICHARD
12-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Mmmm, mulled cider sounds very good!

I second that!

D39,

I'd go back to 1999 in a heartbeat!

DONE! ;)

LIZ,

YOU SMOKE?

Come sit at the bar and we'll spark up a ciggie, eh?

DONE! :D

MOFF,

OH, no........

Mario,get your bottom out of my face...... :eek:

Karen,

Speaking of the ORC...It's time to change the batteries in the remote control....and as a public service announcement

PLEASE CHANGE THE BATTERIES IN YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS AND CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS....THEY SUGGEST TO DO THAT ON HOLIDAYS SO PEOPLE REMEMBER!!!!

And I'll help move that cider!

DONE!

Hi LB,

Sit and have a ciggie with us!

DONE!

Randi,

Sit down and spark one up with us!

DONE!

RICHARD
12-30-2006, 03:54 PM
CM,

Your wish is my command...

DONE!

David,
Let me help you...

DONE!

Hey any suggestions about some music???

Don't let the sun go down on me- Elton John? :rolleyes:

Captain,

Always a renegade!

LOL...here's a drink...

TG,
Drink and a seat...DONE!

CS,

TIme flies when you are having fun! :eek:

A drink!

WL,

Sit down and join us......2007 HAS to be better!

A drink, DONE!

Catland..

THAT WAY!

One drink, DONE!

Cassie....

One Diet....DONE!

What floor are you on?

Redd,

One cuppa and a Drink for later!

DONE!

WELCOME MIKE..
Ah, we need one clean joke as your membership fee and here's a drink...
Any questions? just ask!
DONE!

Tray......

Everyone...Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!!!!!!

Geez a little off key....but what the hey! ;)

DONE!

KK,

Since you did Blue Christmas last week you can have anything you want!

DONE!

davidpizzica
12-30-2006, 04:00 PM
I second that!

D39,

I'd go back to 1999 in a heartbeat!

DONE! ;)

LIZ,

YOU SMOKE?

MOFF,

OH, no........

Mario,get your bottom out of my face...... :eek:

Karen,

Speaking of the ORC...It's time to change the batteries in the remote control....and as a public service announcement

PLEASE CHANGE THE BATTERIES IN YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS AND CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS....THEY SUGGEST TO DO THAT ON HOLIDAYS SO PEOPLE REMEMBER!!!!

And I'll help move that cider!

DONE!

Hi LB,

DONE!

Randi,

DONE!
RICHARD, is Orc running down? I guess he's walking a little slower. I'll make a fun trip to the L&F to get batteries for his remote and the smoke detectors in here. (and home!)

Twisterdog
12-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Ok ... dumb question here, and I know I'm crashing the party ...

I've opened these "Thursday" threads once in a while, and I hate to sound like an ignoramous ... but what exactly ARE these?

Is there some hidden meaning? A conspiracy to take over the world, spoken in code, of course?

Or just one of those, "You had to be here from the beginning" kind of things?

Just curious. Please don't break my kneecaps for entering the sacred clubhouse without knowing the secret password.

;)

Lady's Human
12-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Twister, just a repost.....

To explain (or attempt to explain) this madhouse to the newbies:

Take your average streetcorner bar. Fill it with Pet Talkers, and a barkeep who has an amazing ability to come up with ANY ingredient you can name.

Take one monkey (Mario), a dog(Lady), and a little orange kitten (Who STILL doesn't have a name!), and throw them into the mix.

In the summertime, we have a cabana, but the Cabana boy is an Orc, and he hauls firewood for us in the winter. The remote control you see Mario playing with isn't for the TV, it's for Orc's electronic collar. With the exception of the times Mario has it with new batteries, the collar is completely humane, so no worries.

Add to the bar a L+F, which is basically a black hole that all sorts of odd material falls into. DO NOT , I repeat DO NOT go in there by yourself. Some people (Richard) have gone in there and not been heard from for weeks!

Admission and drinks cost one clean joke on entry.

Feel free to join in the chaos!

Champagne anyone?

lbaker
12-31-2006, 08:38 AM
And Twister, if any of THAT makes sense then you belong in this loony tunes bin :p There is only one rule, LEAVE THE ATTITUDE AT THE DOOR No arguments, no politics, doghouse it is but love is where it's AT baby. ;)

wombat2u2004
12-31-2006, 09:11 AM
Nope....no sunset here, it was bloody raining again.
I did however, have a beer :cool:
Wombat

lbaker
12-31-2006, 12:26 PM
OH, and another thing... sometimes we bring in regional food (I almost typed in FOOLS but actually that works too) Slick will bring in some Canadian smoked salmon and The Mayor will contribute maple syrup. In the summer I will bring Chesapeake Bay Crab cakes and Silver Queen Corn. Oggie Flute has mahhhvelous food from Down Under and my goodness!! the things we have from those crazy Europeans ~ well my dear, some of than Haggis stuff you don't even want to hear about :rolleyes: ;) HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! :D

RedHedd
12-31-2006, 12:27 PM
:D I hope we didn't scare Twister off! The L&F is the Lost & Found. Some of the stuff that is found in there can be quite scary and I'm not sure how useful. :p Like others have said, some have gone in, not to emerge for weeks. Sometimes we send Orc in after them.

It's the last day of 2006. It was a very good year - I'm still alive so that makes it a good year! :)

I plan to spend a quiet New Year's Eve at home with the cats. The dude I'm dating has other ideas, but I'm just not up for a big blow out this year. Does that mean I'm getting old or just comfortable with being the age I am? :confused: Whatever; I'm not going to worry about it.

For now a cuppa coffee as it's still breakfast time here in dreary gray San Francisco.

gini
12-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Gosh, that is the best darn explanation I have read about Thursdays. Thanks, LH and LB.

Yup -just come here and relax - leave your cares at the door - have a drink or two - blueberry tea or a hair raising lemon drop.

Sit quietly by the fire or dance your feet off with Mario - he loves to dance.
Forgive him, sometimes he wears funny clothing.

You never know what is going to happen next around here so you have to drop by often to get the gist of the place.

But whatever you do - don't try to explain Thursdays to a Non-Pet Talker - they just don't get it.

So 2006 - full of ticks - GOODBYE!!!

And 2007 - it's going to be heaven - WELCOME!!!

Sure Mario, I would love to dance with you - but can you put the little orange kitty down - it doesn't like to dance!

lbaker
12-31-2006, 12:31 PM
HI REDHEDD!! I'm a definate for SanFran in February ~ I'll pm you and Karen (WolfLady). See you then my dears!! WOOHOOO!!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Or and there is an orc too. Don't ask me about that one. I still haven't figured out what it is! :eek:

Hi, Mario! Did Gini wear you out dancing? Is that even possible? :eek:
Take a break and help me start setting out the party food and stuff!!!
Yes, I think there will be party hats for those who want to wear them. You get first pick!!! :D

RedHedd
12-31-2006, 03:31 PM
HI REDHEDD!! I'm a definate for SanFran in February ~ I'll pm you and Karen (WolfLady). See you then my dears!! WOOHOOO!!
Yippee Aai-A Ki-Oh (or however that is spelled! :D ) It will be SO good to see you again!

RICHARD
12-31-2006, 03:44 PM
So that's where I got infested, Thanks Gini! :eek:

One cuppa for Redd..DONE!

LB,
Don't start with the haggis again, I think we hurt Killearn kittien feelings last time! ;)

Welcome Wombat..

One clean joke please! :) And another beer?

DONE!

LH, well, aLMOST ANYTHING.....I CAN'T GET MORE MONEY!

i'LL DO A CHAMPAGNE WITH YA...dONE!

MOFF,

I'll get you an orc fact sheet... :eek:

TamanduaGirl
12-31-2006, 04:04 PM
actualy a simple way to explain to many new or non-members would be that it's a role play(RP). An online RP is a shared story but you only tell the story from your own character's perspective. Int his case that charicter is ourselves. The Orc and Mario ar NP(non-played or puppets) so in essence you can do with them as you wish but it's best to hang around a bit and get a feel for NPs before tempting it. In this case I've gathered it is most apropriet to just post reactions to what they do instead of posting as if you were Mario.

Like apropriet : Eek Mario don't go goosing a girl when she's trying to explain

And less ecxeptible here would be actualy putting Mario sneaks up and gooses jane doe.

Well thats the way I see it but a lot of the people that do these sorts of things on forums don't RP in actual RP forums so they don't think of it that way.

Or even simpler it's comunal make beleive.

*Takes my seat with Pua on my lap and sips my drink looking at the blindliy bright sun over the hill tops* gee hope we get some color when it goes down

lizbud
12-31-2006, 05:12 PM
I second that!

LIZ,

YOU SMOKE?

Hi LB,

DONE!

Randi,

DONE!

Yes unfortunately I have vices. ;)
May I have an Irish coffee please ?

Dorothy39
12-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Gosh, that is the best darn explanation I have read about Thursdays. Thanks, LH and LB.

Yup -just come here and relax - leave your cares at the door - have a drink or two - blueberry tea or a hair raising lemon drop.

Sit quietly by the fire or dance your feet off with Mario - he loves to dance.
Forgive him, sometimes he wears funny clothing.

You never know what is going to happen next around here so you have to drop by often to get the gist of the place.

But whatever you do - don't try to explain Thursdays to a Non-Pet Talker - they just don't get it.

So 2006 - full of ticks - GOODBYE!!!

:D Great Summary of Thursdays on Pet Talk Everyone;)

Mario, Let's Dance!!! I'll bet I can tire you out little Fella :o
(Where did you get that Wild Outfit Mario!!!!!)

More Clean Jokes Please!!!!

wombat2u2004
12-31-2006, 08:38 PM
"And less ecxeptible here would be actualy putting Mario sneaks up and gooses jane doe."

Is Jane here ????

wombat2u2004
12-31-2006, 08:45 PM
So that's where I got infested, Thanks Gini! :eek:

One cuppa for Redd..DONE!

LB,
Don't start with the haggis again, I think we hurt Killearn kittien feelings last time! ;)

Welcome Wombat..

One clean joke please! :) And another beer?

DONE!

LH, well, aLMOST ANYTHING.....I CAN'T GET MORE MONEY!

i'LL DO A CHAMPAGNE WITH YA...dONE!

MOFF,

I'll get you an orc fact sheet... :eek:

Anosher beer !?!? Wel shore, whatevar you say cowboy.
And you want a clean joke..........how about this............

A Catholic Priest and a Nun were out having a round of golf.
The priest stepped up to the tee and took a mighty swing. He missed the
ball entirely and said, "Crap, I missed."
Sister Marie told him to watch his language.
At the next swing he missed again, "Crap, I missed."
"Father, what filthy language! I am not going to play with you if you keep
swearing." The priest promises to do better.
At the next tee he misses again, usual reply, "Crap, I missed."
Sister Marie is really mad now and says, "Father, God is going to
strike you dead if you keep swearing like that."
At the next tee, the priest misses, swears, "Crap, I missed."
Out of the sky comes a gigantic bolt of lighting, which strikes Sister
Marie dead in her tracks.
Then the skies open up and a big booming voice says, "Crap, I missed."

Wrombart

Twisterdog
12-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Ummmmmm ..... ok.

How long does this go on? All week until the next Thursday?

I DO know what an Orc is ... as long as it's a JRRT Orc.

Not quite sure about this, but we'll see.

Here's my joke, at any rate ... and a Wyoming joke to boot:

A Wyoming cowboy is seated next to a pompous minister on an airplane.

The stewardess arrives and asks the cowboy if he would like a drink. He orders a Jack Daniels and Coke.

She then asks the minister is he would like a drink. He replies, "I would rather be savagely raped by brazen whores than let alcohol touch my lips!"

At that, the cowboy hands his drink back to the stewardess and says, "So would I, Maam. I didn't realize that was an option."

;)

dukedogsmom
12-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Twister, that was a good one! Happy New Year everyone. I'm so glad for 2006 to be gone. May this year be so much better.

RICHARD
01-01-2007, 12:23 AM
*Takes my seat with Pua on my lap and sips my drink looking at the blindliy bright sun over the hill tops* gee hope we get some color when it goes down

And color you shall get....

DONE!

Liz...
Just think about the people who have no vices.......BORING!
Irish coffee? done!

D39..

A quarter for the juke box and David bowie......LET"S DANCE!

Wombat...

Let me check in the Lost and Found. for Jane Doe...we always have a straggler in there......

Funny joke!!
Have another beer? DONE!

TD...

What airline is that? :eek: :D

Unfortunately we don't offer that service at this establishment.... :eek:

Drink? DONE!

DDM.....

It will be.... :)

wombat2u2004
01-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Ummmmmm ..... ok.

How long does this go on? All week until the next Thursday?

I DO know what an Orc is ... as long as it's a JRRT Orc.

Not quite sure about this, but we'll see.

Here's my joke, at any rate ... and a Wyoming joke to boot:

A Wyoming cowboy is seated next to a pompous minister on an airplane.

The stewardess arrives and asks the cowboy if he would like a drink. He orders a Jack Daniels and Coke.

She then asks the minister is he would like a drink. He replies, "I would rather be savagely raped by brazen whores than let alcohol touch my lips!"

At that, the cowboy hands his drink back to the stewardess and says, "So would I, Maam. I didn't realize that was an option."

;)

Hehehehehe....good one !!!!

Killearn Kitties
01-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Haggis?? Did I hear someone say they wanted haggis? If only I had known earlier. I've made steak pie for everyone. That is traditional at New Year here, with or without the kidney. ;)

Lady's Human
01-01-2007, 09:36 AM
KK,

How about we ditch the Haggis, and you bring some finnan haddie to the bar?

cyber-sibes
01-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Haggis?? Did I hear someone say they wanted haggis? If only I had known earlier. I've made steak pie for everyone. That is traditional at New Year here, with or without the kidney. ;)I thought haggis was a myth :confused: ....maybe what I heard was "legendary"?
Either way, I 'll take a slice of steak pie instead, thank you.
Very funny jokes from the newbies! I'll pass those on ;)
I'm pretty new here too. Figured out Mario & Orc, but thanks for the explanation about the black hole...I wondered where all this weird stuff came from!

Dorothy39
01-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the Clean Jokes Twisterdog and Wombat:D

KK~

The steak Pie is delicious!!!

Richard~

Thanks for Reving up the Ol Jukebox with that song~

Mario~

Let's Sway ( Mario is out folks, I warned him that I could out dance a Clever Monkey)

DDM~ It will be a Great New Year!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!

wombat2u2004
01-01-2007, 10:38 AM
And a happy new year to you to Dorothy.
Hope it will be a good one for you :cool:

RICHARD
01-01-2007, 01:45 PM
KK, I'll try some haggis!

I've had crow on occasion, So what's a little intestinal fortitude? :D

LH,
Does Finnan Haddie have a sister?

CS, the things you will learn here...it's not all a waste of time! ;)

D39, thank you and HNY to you too!

Wombat...

HNY

And HNY to the rest of you all!

Karen
01-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Traditional would be Grandpa's good pickled herring for New Year's - but alas, the recipe was never written down, and Dad hasn't been able to duplicate it. It was yummy, though.

Having had haggis, honest - it's not a big deal folks!

Good strong coffee, pickled herring and rye krisp - Swedish New Year for ya, folks!

Randi
01-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Karen, perhaps I can help with a recipe. Mind you, there are several of them. Every family makes them a little different, but I'm sure you can adjust to your taste. ;) You know, you're supposed to drink Snaps with it! :eek:

What color did the ones you mean have? Grey, red, yellow?

I must admit, the only ones I like are the ones in a curry sauce. I had a peek at this site, there are a few pictures of the various ones. If this link doesn't work, then type in Sild in the Search field.

http://www.arla.dk

I must admit, the only ones I like are the ones in a curry sauce. :)

Lady's Human
01-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Richard,

I'm sure the finnan haddie has a sister, but I don't think you'd be interested in the sister of a smoked fish! (OTOH, maybe you would, :eek: but not me!)

Karen
01-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Karen, perhaps I can help with a recipe. Mind you, there are several of them. Every family makes them a little different, but I'm sure you can adjust to your taste. ;) You know, you're supposed to drink Snaps with it! :eek:

What color did the ones you mean have? Grey, red, yellow?

I must admit, the only ones I like are the ones in a curry sauce. I had a peek at this site, there are a few pictures of the various ones. If this link doesn't work, then type in Sild in the Search field.

http://www.arla.dk

I must admit, the only ones I like are the ones in a curry sauce. :)

It was in a clear liquid, no color, the fish itself was white with grey/silver skin, there were onions involved ... I think ...

I cannot eat it any more, as I am allergic to fish, but Lady's Human could ... dunno if he even remember's Grandpa's pickled herring, as that Grandpa died when I was 9, so he was only 4 years old ...

Lady's Human
01-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Are you kidding, Karen?

That stuff was like candy! (GOOOD stuff!)

TamanduaGirl
01-01-2007, 03:43 PM
I'll try some haggis since I don't remember ever trying any before.

Oh yeah a colorful sunset, that's better :)

My dad's like that with recipes need him to write some down.

wombat2u2004
01-01-2007, 07:46 PM
KK, I'll try some haggis!

I've had crow on occasion, So what's a little intestinal fortitude? :D

LH,
Does Finnan Haddie have a sister?

CS, the things you will learn here...it's not all a waste of time! ;)

D39, thank you and HNY to you too!

Wombat...

HNY

And HNY to the rest of you all!

You want to try haggis ???? Hahahaha....Richard, you don't know what you are letting yourself in for. That stuff us super foul...believe me when I tell you that....it's really bad...LOL.
Wom

Twisterdog
01-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Oooooohhhhhhh .... I'll SO pass on the haggis. That's SO bad. Don't mean to have all the relatives in the old country rolling in their graves, but I'm never going to eat haggis.

Ok .... giving this a shot here ....

How about a white Russian? That's about as much alcohol as this old girl can handle anymore. I think my drinking days were over about a decade ago.

RICHARD
01-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Good strong coffee, pickled herring and rye krisp - Swedish New Year for ya, folks!

I am so there!!! :D

Randi.Thanks for the link... :)

LH,
We allow smoking in here!

I had a joke but it's a mixed crowd! :D

TG, Just peek over the shoulder and write it down! :D

Wombat...

You are talking to a Mexican who loves tripe soup! :eek:

Everything at least once....If it don't kill ya...Twice? :confused: ;)

TD,

One White Russian.....

DONE!

Now that wasn't hard, was it? :cool:

wombat2u2004
01-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Here ya go............

Haggis is a traditional Scottish dish. Although there are many recipes, it is normally made with the following ingredients: sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver, and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally boiled in the animal's stomach for approximately an hour. It somewhat resembles stuffed intestines.

Hows yer appetites now ????...LOL
Wombat

wombat2u2004
01-01-2007, 09:50 PM
"You are talking to a Mexican who loves tripe soup!
Everything at least once....If it don't kill ya...Twice?"

It won't kill ya.....but all of us here in this forum sitting on you whilst one stuffs the second helping into your mouth...just may !!!! LOL

Twisterdog
01-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Here ya go............

Haggis is a traditional Scottish dish. Although there are many recipes, it is normally made with the following ingredients: sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver, and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally boiled in the animal's stomach for approximately an hour. It somewhat resembles stuffed intestines.

Wombat

My dad's parents made a lot of haggis. And my mom's parents made head cheese. There was no escape.

Thanks for the drink.

*hiccup*

No more, though. I'm more of a chai tea person, actually.

wombat2u2004
01-02-2007, 01:10 AM
My dad's parents made a lot of haggis. And my mom's parents made head cheese. There was no escape.

Thanks for the drink.

*hiccup*

No more, though. I'm more of a chai tea person, actually.

So....you are an ex haggis muncher huh ???? Can't say I envy you....LOL
Whats head cheese ??? Never heard of that one before.

Twisterdog
01-02-2007, 12:57 PM
So....you are an ex haggis muncher huh ???? Can't say I envy you....LOL
Whats head cheese ??? Never heard of that one before.

Oooooh no. I never actually ate it! Just the sight and smell of it was way more than I could handle.

Here's the definition of "head cheese" ...

"Head cheese
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Head cheese (AmE) or brawn (BrE) is in fact not a cheese, but rather a terrine of meat from the head of a calf or pig (sometimes a sheep or cow) that would not otherwise be considered appealing. It may also include meat from the feet and heart. It is usually eaten cold or at room temperature as a luncheon meat.

Historically the cleaned (all organs removed) head was simmered to produce a gelatin (which would form from the bone marrow) containing any incidental meat which came off the head. The more modern method involves adding gelatin to meat, which is then cooked in a mold."

smokey the elder
01-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Reminds me of a line from Crocodile Dundee : "Goanna? You can eat it, but it tastes like ****!" :D

wolflady
01-02-2007, 02:59 PM

OMG!! WOOT!!! I'm so glad you're definitely coming in Feb! Can't wait to seeeee you!!!!!! :D

**hugs**

lbaker
01-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Haggis and headcheese both sound a bit like scrapple to me. I LOVE SCRAPPLE... so, no more haggis jokes from this Southern Woman! HNY my dear friends. Back to work today (yesterday was a day at home ~ declared National Day of Mourning). I do have time to help clean up the bar... just in time for 193 I'd say :rolleyes:

wombat2u2004
01-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Reminds me of a line from Crocodile Dundee : "Goanna? You can eat it, but it tastes like ****!" :D

Mmmmmmm....yum...goanna...tastes like chicken.

wombat2u2004
01-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Oooooh no. I never actually ate it! Just the sight and smell of it was way more than I could handle.

Here's the definition of "head cheese" ...

"Head cheese
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Head cheese (AmE) or brawn (BrE) is in fact not a cheese, but rather a terrine of meat from the head of a calf or pig (sometimes a sheep or cow) that would not otherwise be considered appealing. It may also include meat from the feet and heart. It is usually eaten cold or at room temperature as a luncheon meat.

Historically the cleaned (all organs removed) head was simmered to produce a gelatin (which would form from the bone marrow) containing any incidental meat which came off the head. The more modern method involves adding gelatin to meat, which is then cooked in a mold."

Oh God no....some people will eat any bloody thing !!!!!

TamanduaGirl
01-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Here ya go............

Wombat

Well I've had heart and liver and like them from any animal so far but have never tried lung. My dogs love their dehydrated lamb lung though, ha. so I'd give it a try. I'd try head cheese too since the organs(brain, fur ect) are removed.

LOl a friend tried making choicken feet stew for her xhubby once. He cam home said it smelled good and made the mistake of looking in the pot and seeing feet and wouldn't touch it so the dogs were very happy.

wombat2u2004
01-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Well I've had heart and liver and like them from any animal so far but have never tried lung. My dogs love their dehydrated lamb lung though, ha. so I'd give it a try. I'd try head cheese too since the organs(brain, fur ect) are removed.

LOl a friend tried making choicken feet stew for her xhubby once. He cam home said it smelled good and made the mistake of looking in the pot and seeing feet and wouldn't touch it so the dogs were very happy.

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRK !!!!! I'm gonna be sick !!!!

Randi
01-04-2007, 05:13 AM
Well, I'm at work, and so far, it's quite a relaxing job :D Nothing to do but surfing the net, until we suddenly get bombarded with boxes of papers from another building, then we'll be busy! So I'm sitting here looking at cooking sites and found one which has Danish Smørrebrød (open sandwiches), in english. Unfortunately, the Heering recipe isn't there, but I'll be happy to translate if anyone wants it. :)

So here goes (with pictures)

http://www.danish-deli-food.com/danish/cookbook/recipes.asp?pid=14

If you click on "Frokost", you'll get a lot more.

Now, I'll go and drink something unheard off in Thursdays..... a glass of milk with my lunch. :)

RedHedd
01-04-2007, 11:43 AM
It's Thursday - where's #193? :confused: