PDA

View Full Version : Re:Lori Jordan

Lori Jordan
12-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi all this is her husband Jamie,Lori is in the hospital in intensive care,she was not feeling well 2 weeks ago,she thought it was flu like symptoms,she became very week,to the point she was falling over she had no strength.A week prior she had lost 20 pounds in a matter of 3 weeks,she was rushed to the hospital by ambulance to emergancy ,they did all kinds a tests on her one test her sugar was 46,she is a diabetic and did not know,her doctor which she has been seeing completly mis diagnosed her.She was in a coma for a couple days and is out of it now but is still very sick she is having problems seeing and eating at the moment.I have given her all your christmas cards,put a smile on her face.i have been running back and forth to the hospital since decmeber 11.I will keep all updated she will most likely be home nexy week she is type 1 diabetic and will be on insilin.

dukedogsmom
12-27-2006, 09:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this! Please tell her we'll be thinking about her. How sad that she had to spend Christmas in the hospital. I hope she'll be able to manage the diabetes alright when she gets home. Tell her we all said hi.

Edwina's Secretary
12-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Please tell her my thoughts are with her for a speedy recovery!

Karen
12-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Good gracious! Thanks for letting us know - undiagnosed diabetes can be dealy. We are glad she is getting treated, and that our cards over the holidays at least gave her a smile. Tell her we are all thinking of her! What hospital is she in?

Alysser
12-27-2006, 09:14 PM
I had noticed yesterday that she hadn't been on in awhile, or atleast posting! Thanks for updating us! I hope she can come home soon, and I hope she feels better. This must be so scary for you and your family. I'll be thinking of her.

Dorothy39
12-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Oh My Word!!!!!

I'm stunned!!!!! :eek: Phew~ I'm so Thank-ful that she is alright now!!!

I'm sooo glad that she looked at all her Beautiful Christmas Cards and that she felt connected to us while going through such a frightnening experience.

Please tell her that We will Keep her in Our Thoughts and Prayers~ We hope that she can come home soon!!!!

moosmom
12-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Please tell Lori she'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Daisy and Delilah
12-27-2006, 09:32 PM
That is just so nice that you let us know about her. Thank you. I will keep her and all the family in my thoughts and prayers. Please tell her we're thinking about her and hope she recovers very quickly! :(

chocolatepuppy
12-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh my. Thanks for letting us know. I will keep Lori in my prayers.

KYS
12-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Sending many good thoughts her way that she will be home and well.

zippy-kat
12-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way!

Catty1
12-27-2006, 10:10 PM
I hope she gets a new doctor! OMG....I am glad it was caught, a diabetic coma is too scary to contemplate.

HUGS to Lori and to you...and Jamie, thank you so much for posting this when you have so much else to think about and so much of a crazy schedule!

When it settles down, you'll be able to find news about the truly great breakthroughs that are being made with Type 1.

HUGS again!

critter crazy
12-27-2006, 10:19 PM
I am so glad that she is atleast doing better, what a friegntening thing for you guys to have to go through! Let Lori know that we are all thnking of her, and are praying for a speedy recovery!!

Laura's Babies
12-27-2006, 10:21 PM
MY GOODNESS! :eek: May she get well soon! Thanks for posting what happened to her.

Lori, GET WELL SOON!

Bengalz
12-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Thank Goodness she's getting the care she needs now - what a frightening experience.

Lots of healing thoughts and prayers for Lori and for you. Thanks for letting us all know.

cyber-sibes
12-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Lori is in our prayers. thank you for letting us know, and please pass along our (((((hugs.))))

shais_mom
12-27-2006, 11:59 PM
thoughts and prayers on the way!

trayi52
12-28-2006, 12:18 AM
She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Willie

K9karen
12-28-2006, 12:23 AM
My God, how awful! Many prayers being said for Lori. I can't believe her doc missed the symptoms. Please give her hugs. I hope she makes a quick recovery

joycenalex
12-28-2006, 06:45 AM
wow! prayers for all of you. how awful

GreyhoundGirl
12-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Get well soon Lori, :( must be horrible being sick over the holidays. Glad the Christmas cards put a smile on her sad face.

catlover4ever
12-28-2006, 07:46 AM
How horrible. Lori will be in my thoughts and prayers.

anna_66
12-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear she's been in the hospital. Thank you so much for letting us know and please tell her I said I hope she's feeling better and out of the hospital soon.

Sending many (((HUGS)))
Anna

buttercup132
12-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Omg! I hope she gets better really soon!

cassiesmom
12-28-2006, 09:30 AM
She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mine too! Take good care, Lori!

kimlovescats
12-28-2006, 11:25 AM
What a scary situation! Yes, it is definitely time for a new doctor!!!! Thank God they found out about her diabetes and can now give her the treament she needs! Please send her my love and prayers! Keep us updated when you can.

Kim

krazyaboutkatz
12-28-2006, 01:29 PM
How scary.:eek: I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that she'll continue to do well and will be able to come home soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Almita
12-28-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Tell her that we are ALL thinking about her and care about her. Hope she will be okay she will definitley be in my thoughts and prayers.

Danegirl2208
12-28-2006, 03:11 PM
oh no..prayers and healing thoughts from our family to Lori...Get well soon, we are all praying hard for you!

Sevaede
12-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Oh no!! :( Lori is in our thoughts and good vibes are already with her! :(

lizbud
12-28-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm sorry that Lori has been so ill.Prayers & positive thoughts for a
smooth recovery.

DJFyrewolf36
12-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way! My mom is a type 1 diabetic and I am a hypoglicemic so I know how scary a blood sugar drop like that can be. Thankfully, she is getting the right treatment now.

captain
12-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Sending my prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

slick
12-28-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm sorry but I'm just seeing this now. Lori, attitude is everything....choose to be positive.

Diabetes can be controlled and with careful monitoring, you will enjoy a long and happy life. I'm sending tons of love, prayers and positive thoughts to you.

{{{hugs}}}

K9karen
12-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Jaime..been thinking of Lori..how is she doing? How's her eyesight? Is she eating? Please update when you can. We're so worried about her.

Rachel
12-30-2006, 07:36 AM
How upsetting it is to be that ill with a relatively common disease and have it misdiagnosed. One would think that the first thing that comes to mind with rapid weight loss is diabetes. I do hope Lori will soon be posting herself to let us know that she is home and doing better. I know that there are many challenges to living with diabetes and that she will have to make many adaptations in her life, but with support of family and friends and a strong will to live a long and healthy life, she can do it.

GET WELL, LORI!

Killearn Kitties
12-30-2006, 09:20 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Lori has been so ill. Sending best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

Thank you so much for letting us know.

Lori Jordan
12-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Well it does not look good she was doing great,she was going to be coming home in the next couple days,her blood sugar has been at 20-26,they will not let her go until she is steady at 7-10,She is really frustrated at this point.And no she is still blurry vision.They say her eyesite will come back when her sugars are regulated.She looks so sad hooked up to the machines she has a bad day yesterday she ripped her iv out and had to have it back in her arms are so brused from all the blood they have been taking she has also lost another 10 pounds she refuses to eat.thats all for no im on my way over there she will be glad to get back and read all the posts.

AbbyMom
12-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Tell Lori that we're thinking of her and sending prayers and warm thoughts her way.

Dorothy39
12-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Oh Geez~ :( :o

I've just been able to sit down and read between chores~

I'll Keep Both of you in my Thoughts and Prayers~

kimlovescats
12-30-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry that Lori is having to go through this. I understand that she is frustrated, but please tell her to be patient and cooperate with the doctors and nurses! Her blood sugar will NOT be normal until she eats and eats properly!!! If she doesn't eat at all, then it will stay very low and she will continue to feel TERRIBLE!!! Diabetes is a big pill to swallow, but once you are over the initial shock, then it can be controlled through proper diet and medication! I was diagnosed with Type II about 2 years ago myself ... it is now very well controlled! Hang in there, hubby!

Hugs,
Kim

Chilli
12-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Goodness. :(
You & Lori will certainly be in my thougts.
(((hugs)))

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that she's still going through some rough times.:( I hope that she'll begin to cooperate with the doctors so she can begin to feel better and will get to come home. She's still in my thoughts and prayers.

borzoimom
12-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh my goodness! I went into the hospital unexpectedly on the 26th pm, and had surgery and just saw this. I know its terribly frustrating, but ask Lori to have patience with the procedures, and we hold her in prayers!

Freedom
12-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Jaime, thanks so much for finding time to keep us updated. Prayers for you and for Lori.

It is possible that the bad day and taking out the IVs was all part of the low blood glucose levels. Dad has diabetes and when he is low (or very high) he does really weird things. And has incredible mood swings. And yes, the blurred vision is part of the uncontrolled blood glucose levels and when that gets sorted out the vision returns to normal.

Prayers for the doctors, nurses and other techs and medical types helping Lori.

buttercup132
12-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Thank you for keeping us updated!

Hang in there Lori

Daisy and Delilah
12-30-2006, 06:48 PM
OMG!! This must be awful for her. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers, as well as the rest of the family :(

Catty1
12-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Jamie...thanks again!

I hope the hospital has some support for caregivers/spouses too - this is awfully hard on you.

At the least, I hope the doctors and nurses are good with you.

Poor Lori - raging blood sugars do not help the mood - was she aware of what she was doing when she pulled the IV out?

HUGS HUGS HUGS and prayers...and I hope Lori feels better soon!

slick
12-30-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm sorry I'm late responding to this...again. Yes, blood sugar should read below 7 first thing in the morning and between 7 and 10 after eating.....anything above 10 is concidered unacceptable. My readings have been creeping up so I need to see my doctor soon.

Jamie, please tell Lori not to stress, because that raises blood sugar. She needs to be calm and concentrate on healing herself. I'm confused though. Why are they taking blood from her arms?? I know the IV goes in the arm but usually they will prick a finger to test blood sugar...at least that's what they did when I was in hospital for my cancer surgery. An alternative is to take it from the IV in which case there is only one entry site from the IV. :confused:

Mega prayers coming out to you and Lori. Is there any way you could print off this thread and take it to her?? That way she would know how loved she is all around the world.

Felicia's Mom
12-31-2006, 12:54 PM
Lori is in my prayers.

lisalee
12-31-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Lori and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Catty1
01-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Lori:

2006 is over...all the bad stuff that happened then is over.

If you are a little better today...that is your start to a brand-new year.

I hope you are getting there...I would guess that you are feeling pretty darn alone and scared...

But many many people - your fellow PTr's - are thinking of you, and sending healing prayers!

Hugs to you, and to that wonderful Jamie of yours.

Take it easy...we'll be here for you when you are ready.

anna_66
01-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you this morning and hoping that you'll be feeling better and out of the hospital soon.

Rachel
01-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Same here. Checking in daily to see if there is any news. This is a start of a new year and your recovery.

Kfamr
01-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Oh gosh, I just now saw this thread. What an awful situation.

Be strong, Lori!

Dorothy39
01-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Lori:

2006 is over...all the bad stuff that happened then is over.

If you are a little better today...that is your start to a brand-new year.

I hope you are getting there...I would guess that you are feeling pretty darn alone and scared...

But many many people - your fellow PTr's - are thinking of you, and sending healing prayers!

Hugs to you, and to that wonderful Jamie of yours.

Take it easy...we'll be here for you when you are ready.

Yes Lori~ So many of us are thinking of you every single day~and saying Prayers for Your Recovery~

{{{HUGS}}} To Both of You!!!!!!