PDA

View Full Version : Bears-Packers 12/31/06

cassiesmom
12-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Okay, a quick Bears rant: They were scheduled to play Green Bay at Soldier Field at noon Sunday, which is New Year's Eve. The NFL moved the game to 7:15 P.M. because it's the Bears against Green Bay, an old rivalry, and it might be Brett Favre's final game. Soldier Field is in downtown Chicago, and the stadium seats about 55 or 60,000 people. If the game ends around 11, that will put all those people out on the streets with all the other people who go to downtown Chicago for New Year's Eve. I just wanted to rant that I think this was a decision made by the NFL without consideration for the safety of Bears fans or the responsibility of the Chicago Police and Bears security to keep people safe.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-28-2006, 08:17 AM
I think Chicago business will love the "extra" patronage.

Of course, the only way it'll be a problem is if the Packers win and you have a bunch of disgruntled Bears fans looking for trouble. ;) Watch out Packer fans! Of course, there's not much chance that will happen with both of their recent histories, but you never know, Brett might pull out a good game one last time. ;)

Previous Chicago resident and not-so-closet Packer fan. :D

Edit: I just saw your siggy and that you got your kitty from Harmony House. I visited Harmony House several times while I was in Chicago and I really liked the place and what they do for the kitties. I'm "restricted" to two kitties so I could never adopt one from HH, but I'm glad you did. :D

Lobodeb
12-28-2006, 09:59 AM
That wasn't a great idea to move the game time. I know that threw a wrench into our plans, but I never thought about how it would affect the downtown festivities. It makes for an interesting evening if nothing else!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/Lobodeb/Bears2.jpg

smokey the elder
12-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Lobodeb...LOL!